04

Maybe More Than Just A Coincidence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byun Jimin's POV

And it was soon the end of the first day of school. 

I was waiting for the bus back home to arrive since Baekhyun offered to send Minah home and Jungkook had basketball try-outs, so I was eventually left all alone to go home.

To be honest, I really thought the first day of school was going to be the typical mundane introduction and ice breakers, but it was the complete opposite. Thkinking back to the first 3 periods of English, I couldn't stop blushing. 

-Flashback-

"Alright class! Now that we're done with introduction, let's all play a game that involves you and your partner! And that game would be... Drum roll please~!" She sang and we gave her a loud drum roll. "The Queen and her Knight! The male will the knight and the Queen will be the lovely young lady. It's okay if you're paired up with the same gender, just choose between yourselves who is the Queen and who will be the Knight!" 

"Do you know how to play this game?" I whispered to Jimin and he nodded. "Of course! This is a typical camp ice breaker, and it's okay, we'll win!" He gave a fighting punch and I couldn't help to giggle. Wait, Jimin did you just giggle? Over a guy who is not Baek oppa or Jungkook? OH NO! I felt my cheeks getting warmer and I couldn't help but to feel extremely shy which is so not me.

"Now settle down! I have already gotten permission from the principal to allow us to carry out this activity. I will give all of you 2 handkerchiefs, one for the knight and one for the queen! The knight, protect your Queen and its only knight and knight, queen and queen. But in the even when the Queen has no knight, the Queen can fight with both Knight and Queen. If the Queen's handkerchief is taken, the other Team wins and you it will be your extra life! Even though the knight is alive, you have failed to protect your Queen and thats why your team isimmediately out! I will give all of you 5mins to go hide and scatter around, and your time starts now!!"

Everyone ran towards the small door and tried squeezng through one another. And from where I was standing, I could clearly see Jungkook's legs wriggling while his torso is out of the door, trying to squeeze his legs out. Chuckling, Jimin stretched out his palm. "Ready to go?" He glanced at the back door and realised that nobody was squeezing there. 

Well, seems like these people ain't street smart. I grabbed his wrist and made a run for it, running aimlessly around the halls, going up a few flights of stairs and ended up in an empty hallway to catch our breaths. Panting, I took a look at my wirst watch and realised we have been running for 3mins, only 2mins left before the game starts.

Still oblivious, Jimin spoke, "I know you're scared someone is gonna get you, but you can let go of my wrist. I'm here." I looked down and I was still gripping onto his wrist and I immediately let go. "Sorry.. erm, let's go check out whether there are any teams at this side of the campus." I suggested and made the first move to walk. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter