The Best Is Yet To Be

Waiting for the Sunset

Chapter 1 

The Best Is Yet To Be

"Good morning Sana!" exclaimed a female voice in a super-perky way.

Mom, thought Sana. 

Sana sighed, turning over onto her side. She gave her mom an annoyed look. 

"Do I have to get out of bed? Can I just be excused for the rest of my life?", asked Sana.

Her mother frowned at her, "Now that's not the Sana I know, what happened to my Optimisim Queen?" She drew the thick maroon velvet curtains on the massive wall of windows, flooding the entire room with light.

"Ouch!" Sana cried, pulling one of the six goosedown pillows over her head to shield her eyes from the sun.

"It's 8:00 o' clock, unless you want to walk on your first day of school, I suggest you wake up. Ara will be leaving any minute" 

Sana gathered all her strength and pulled herself out of bed. She scanned the guest room in Ara, her mother's close friend's, house that she had been sleeping in for the past 2 days. Leaving her home town, Osaka, Japan, was hard for her. She struggled to get used to her new life in Seoul, but she knew she had to keep a smile on her face. At least for her mom's sake. 

She quickly changed into her uniform, barely brushed her hair, and grabbed a granola bar to snack on. 

"Aren't you going to have breakfast?" said her mom.

"No mom, I don't want to keep Ara waiting." 

She climbed inside the car where Ara had already been sitting in. Ara was the principal of her new school, Inchang Academy. It was a private school and one of the most successful ones. She would never have been able to get in if it wasnt for Ara. 

"How are the kids at school, Ara?" Sana inquired.

Ara's face lit up, "It's fine Sana, you'll fit right in. No need to worry."

I hope so, Sana thought.

 

***

"And we're here," exclaimed Ara. 

Sana was speechless. This school was huge. Almost twice the size of her old school. 

"I'll go in first so people don't suspect us arriving together," Ara said.

Sana nodded.

As she gathered her stuff she couldn't help but notice how snobbish everyone seemed.

She entered the school not knowing where to go, attempting to get her schedule out her pocket when she felt a sharp stab on the side of her waist.

"Oh! I'm incredibly sorry!" called a tall boy.

Sana grabbed her side in pain, "Ouch, watch where you're go—"

On second thought, contemplated Sana, this guy is kind of cute.

"Hey are you new here? I've never seen you around," said the guy.

"Um...yeah, I'm Sana. Today is my first day," answered Sana shyly.

The boy grinned. It was a grin the melted Sana's heart. "Sana? Well I'm Jungkook. You can call me Kookie I guess, that's what my friends call me." 

Kookie. Ah, so cute. 

"Well I need to get going, can you tell me where the gym is? That's where my first class is," said Sana. 

"Sure, it's on the basement floor," Jungkook said.

"Thanks!" replied Sana.

"Nice meeting you by the way," called out Jungkook but Sana had already ran towards the stairs. 

***

"Did you or did you not scrape my car you piece of crap!" shouted Taehyung.

He slowly walked to the freshman sitting in the chair held down by his friends. "Or did you forget who's the boss around here?" 

"I didn't do anything..." the young boy muttered.

Taehyung smirked. "And you actually thought I was dumb enough to believe you? That's it, bring the bucket of water."

One of his friends brought the water. "Now push his head in, teach him a lesson not to mess with Kim Taehyung ever again."

The boy begged for forgiveness, but Taehyung's friend still pushed his head into the water. 

***

Where am I? Gosh, why is this school so big? 

Sana felt completely lost. Jungkook had told her the directions, but even the basement floor was huge.

"Help! Help me! Some one please help me!"

What was that? 

Sana looked around. She could've sworn she heard someone begging for help. She tried to carefully listen to where the shouting came from.

"Help!"

It was behind the metal exit door, that was an exit to the back alley of the school.

She quickly ran to see what was going on.  When she pushed the door open she couldn't believe her eyes. A group of boys were bullying a freshman, drowning his face in a bucket of water.

"Hey! What's going on here!" Sana yelled.

The boy, who seemed to be the leader of group, slowly turned around. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing? Get out, can't you see we're busy?" 

"Busy bullying a freshman? Honestly don't you guys have anything better to do? How weak are you?"

Some of the boys snickered. The one holding the bucket called out, "Hey girl, do you know who you're talking about? That's Kim Taehyung you're speaking too."

"And so? I don't care who he is, you can't do this!"

Taehyung looked mad, "That's enough, get out, or we'll make you get out the hard way."

Sana couldn't believe the anger she was feeling towards this guy. 

What a jerk, she thought.

But she wasn't done. She grabbed the sprinkler next to the door and turned it on. 

Now, I'll teach you guys a lesson.

"Hey boys! Come get a taste of your own medicine!" Sana shouted sprinkling the water on Taehyung and his bully friends. "Go! Go!" she yelled at the freshman to escape. 

All of them struggled to see, "Someone grab that stupid girl and turn off the water," Taehyung ordered.

Uh oh. Run.

Just like that, Sana dropped the sprinkler and made a run for it. She could feel the angry group of boys chasing behind her but she didn't give up. Frantically looking for a way out, she suddenly saw the big 'GYM' sign next to large door. She ran as fast as she could inside to safety, where the coach had already begun his class.Gasping for breath she took her seat next to a girl. The girl, and basically everyone else, stared at her in disbelief. 

"Are you....alright?" the coach questioned. 

Sana nodded. She had escaped the bullies. At least for now. 

"Psttt" the girl next to her said. "You're new right? My name is Momo." 

"Yes, I'm Sana, nice to meet you."

"You too. If you want, you can be in our gym group," Momo said. "These are my friends Dahyun, Nayeon, and Jungyeon" She pointed at the three other girls sitting next to her.

They seem nice, thought Sana. 

"Okay boys and girls let's begin to jog around the court," the coach yelled. 

Sana got up, and a girl bumped right into her. 

"Hey, watch it stupid!" said a tall girl with nice tan legs and a gorgeous face. 

"That's Tzuyu," Momo told her, "I suggest you avoid her. She's so obnoxious." 

This day was turning out crazier and crazier by the minute...

***

"Whatever you do, find me that dumb girl!" Taehyung said. Him and his group of friends were in the locker room drying up. Never in his life had someone at their school, his school , had dared to do something like this. 

Jungkook entered the room. "You okay bro? What happened?"

Taehyung shook his head in disbelief, "Some dumb girl sprayed us with water. But I will find her and make her pay." 

"Hmm..don't you think that's a bit extreme? How can you find her anyway?" Jungkook expressed. 

"I have my ways" replied Taehyung smiling smugly. He took out his phone and texted everyone at the school to find the new girl for him.

***

*Ding*

Tzuyu glanced at her phone. She pushed away Chaeyoung who was trying to glance over her shoulder to check what the message said. 

"Chaeyoung! Keep your distance." Tzuyu said annoyed. 

"Woah, isn't that the girl over there," Chaeyoung exclaimed pointing towards the new girl. 

Yes it was. The girl that had been talking to Jungkook this morning. Her Jungkook. The jealousy and hatred she had developed towards the girl had been quick.Tzuyu couldn't miss this chance, she quickly snapped a photo of the new girl sitting with Momo and Jungyeon.

***

*Ding*

Taehyung checked his phone. 

"Haha! She's already been found. She's at the gym. Now it's over for her," Taehyung grinned.

Jungkook checked to see the image, he couldn't believe it; it was the new girl!

"Wait Tae, I know this girl, she's new man," explained Jungkook. 

Taehyung gave him an odd look, "And so what?" 

"So leave her alone, she's no harm." 

"Jungkook ,  she watered me. She humilated me. Don't you care the least bit?" argued Taehyung.

Jungkook could feel the tension begin to arise."On second thought, you're right, " he said, "Do whatever you need to do Tae."

Taehyung's frown turned upside down, "That's my man! Let's go boys, we have a girl to teach a lesson to." 

As Taehyung left the locker room, Jungkook followed. He had to find the girl first, and help her before it was too late. 

***

"Momo! You were so good out there. I can see you're really into athletics," said Sana in awe. 

"It's because of her boyfriend, Jung Hoseok. He's the captain of the sports teams in Inchang Academy," smirked Jungyeon.

Momo rolled her eyes, "Yeah it's definitely not because I work my off to earn a scholarship into Korea National Sports University."

They all laughed. Sana was so glad she found nice people to hang out with. 

Just then, Nayeon ran to them, "Hey guys! You all want to go to the canteen to grab a snack?" 

"I'm good, you guys go on ahead, I'm going to go freshen up and change," replied Sana. 

"Okay, see you later?" Momo smiled. 

"Definitely," giggled Sana. 

She picked up her bag and made her way to the shower rooms. 

"Wait Sana, hold up!" someone called.

She turned around, and saw an anxious Jungkook running toward her. 

"Kookie! What's wrong?"

"Oh you're alright, I'm so glad you're alright," he stuttered, out of breath.

"Why would I not be alright?" asked Sana. 

"Nevermind, were you going to go into the shower rooms?" said Jungkook, changing the subject.

"Yeah but I'm scared someone will go in..." Sana said. 

"I'll guard the door for you," offered Jungkook. 

He's so nice, thought Sana, and so cute. 

Sana grinned, "That would be great," she said going inside.

Good, Jungkook thought to himself, Taehyung won't be able to reach her inside the girls shower room. But I better leave, he may get suspicious if he see's me here. 

Completely forgetting about his favor to guard the door, Jungkook left the site. 

***

Tzuyu had gotten the order from Taehyung to help get revenge on the new girl. Apparently she was in the shower rooms, so that's where Tzuyu headed. 

Right then she saw Jungkook coming from the other side, "Oh Kookie, hey, how are you doing?" 

Barely glancing at her, "I'm alright," he said, seeming distracted. 

Bummed out by his lack of interest, all Tzuyu could do was mutter a weak, "See you later." 

Whatever, thought Tzuyu, I have mission to complete. 

She walked inside the shower room where she could hear Sana showering in the distance. Quickly looking at the bag of clothes, she grabbed Sana's bra and sneaked out.

This would surely teach her that  if she's coming into our school then she knows not to mess with us.

***

Sana had just finished up her shower and began to wear her clothes. 

Where is my bra? she thought. 

She couldn't find it anywhere. All of a sudden she began to feel dizzy. 

No no, this can't be happening, where is it. 

Sana looked everywhere but couldn't find it. She only had one option. To leave with no bra on. 

Mortified , she left the shower room , covering her arms across her chest. Jungkook was no where to be found, but Sana wasn't complaining. She had to make it home before anyone saw her. 

She slinked around the school trying to get to the main exit. It seemed liked a miracle when the big exit door finally appeared.

Yes, I made it. 

One step out the building and she was taken back by a huge crowd. Suddenly a black garment hit her, dropping across her face. It was her black bra. They had hung it by a string from the second floor of the school. 

Everyone in the entire school seemed to be there laughing at her. The bullies were there, the tan tall girl, and right in the front middle of the crowd was Taehyung with a smug on his face. 

Clapping his hands slowly and walking towards her,  "Look what we have here. Our hero of the day. What's wrong little girl, lost your tongue?" he laughed. 

Sana fought back the tears in her eyes. As if the points, stares, and excessive laughing wasn't enough.

She pushed Taehyung and ran as fast as she could. What did they want from her, it was her first day.

"You can run but you can't hide, " Taehyung called out, "You just wait, this is the beginning."

Sana ran. She ran so fast that she couldn't feel her legs. She ran until the noise of the crowd wore off, all the way to Ara's home. 

Throwing herself inside, she sprinted up the stairs. 

"Sana?" her mom gasped. "What's wrong? Why are you home so early?" 

Sana didn't reply. She was humiliated. She buried her face into her pillow not knowing what to do. 

However she knew one thing for sure, she was never going back to that school again.

 

END OF CHAPTER 1