The Day From Hell

Falling Alien

        It's been an extremely long day. Your parents decided to call you at -o-clock in the morning (2:30 a.m.) to criticize your life choices about moving to Korea, and didn't hang up for another two hours. That caused you to sleep through your alarm, making you thirty minutes late for work. When you showed up to your waitressing job at the local restaurant with at least four new bruises, (one from running into your door, another one from running into your counter and two more from hitting your head on your dresser) your boss glared at you the whole time. Granted, it was understandable (and he only did it for about ten minutes before he noticed how tired you were. Kim Sepkjin always takes care of his employees, so he made you sit down for a minimum of ten minutes with a caramel macchiato and a slice of cake before letting you work again), but it was still irritating.

      Since the universe decided it was going to hate you for the day, every little thing that could've gone wrong, did go wrong. Your customers were cranky and rude, you got measly tips, you broke at least four plates (damage costs coming out of your paycheck. Seokjin might care for all of his employees and treat them like his children, he still had a business to run) and yogurt got spilled all over you when a three-year-old decided you would look prettier wearing it.  

       So now, after a long, hard day of work, you were going home to relax. Take a hot, soothing bubble bath, curl up with some tea and cake with a good book and unwind. Perfect

          You were walking along, minding your own business, fantasizing about the relaxing night you were going to have. You had just decided on the book you were going to read, when you heard yelps and hisses from the tree above you. You looked up worriedly and your eyes widened when you saw a very large something falling towards you. Unfortunately, the universe still hated you, so you didn't have time to move; instead you managed to catch the very heavy something. Kinda. Considering the thing was bigger and heavier than you (and you being the uncoordinated, clumsy soul you are), you fell.
    "Oh my gosh! I am so sorry! Oh no, I-I'm sorry!" A surprisingly deep voice stuttered from on top of you, large hands patting your arms and face. You just kind of laid there, attempting to breathe and process what the hell is going on. The humanoid you deemed to be a male human is still babbling about how sorry he is when you eventually groaned. 
    "Get. Off." You wheezed, pushing at his chest weakly. The guy scrambled up off of you, spewing more apologies. 
      "Stop apologizing! It's fine!" You snapped once you stood up, dusting yourself off. Brushing your hair out of your face, you glanced up at the Tree Alien, almost gasping. His face had three deep, bleeding cuts on his left cheek, his flaming orange hair had leaves and twigs in it, and he had scratches and bites all up his arms. 
     "What did you do?!" You exclaimed, picking up his wrist gingerly to look at his wounds, unsure why you were freaking out about this weird stranger. He winced and smiled at you sheepishly. 
     "Well...I climbed the tree thinking there was a kitty up there and I wanted to talk to it to find out if it was stuck, but when I tried to pet it, it hissed at me and then I tried to pet it again and it bit me! It started attacking me more, so I tried to defend myself by putting my arms up, but it just scratched my arms!" At this point in his story, the orange haired boy is pouting, looking unnervingly adorable, "It was a weird looking cat, though. It had a black mask pattersn around its eyes, weird paws, a grey body and a striped tail and-"
     "You...you tried to pet a raccoon?!" You shrieked asked incredulously, dropping his wrist in surprise. His eyes widened and his cheeks instantly flushed bright red. You had a staring match for a while, his cheeks getting steadily brighter. 
       "Oh..." He muttered softly, his eyes on his shoes. The stranger looked so cute and so sad that you couldn't help but chuckle. At his offended and indignant expression, you laughed harder. You laughed so hard, tears were rolling down your cheeks. The Raccoon Wonder looked at you like you were crazy (managing to pout adorably too) before he joined you in laughter, the deepness of it sending chills down your back. 
      When you both got over your laughter, you wiped your tears from your face and sighed happily. You took the time to study your new laughing partner. What you saw made you frown. 
      His clothes were in tatters; and not just from the raccoon. They also looked dirty and worn. His tall, broad frame looked thin and his clothes were baggy. He noticed you studying him intently and he looked around awkwardly before clearing his throat. 
       "I guess I'll get going...." He trailed off uncertainly. 
       "Wait!" You blurted, "Do you, um, do you know how to take care of...those?" You asked, gesturing to his wounds. The Raccoon Whisperer rubbed his neck sheepishly and shook his head 'no'. 
      "It's a good thing I do." You replied with a grin. He frowned at you. 
      "But...we're strangers! What if you're a murderer? What if I'm a murderer?!" He exclaimed, attempting to scold you as he gestured wildly with his hands. You raised an eyebrow and looked him up and down. Tall and broad, but not bulky. If he had more weight on his skinny frame, he would be considered lean. His handsome face managed to double as adorable and he had this whole...puppy dog thing going on. Yeah. Total murderer right there. You rolled your eyes. 
     "Hi. I'm (Y/N)." You said, sticking your hand out. He looked at it curiously before taking your hand gently. 
      "Hi. I'm Taehyung." He replied, shaking your hand firmly, a bright, boxy grin on his face. You pulled away with a satisfied smile. 
      "There. Now we're not strangers anymore." You said smugly with a smirk. He rolled his eyes and laughed. 
       "Now let's go get you patched up." You grabbed his hand and tugged him gently for a few short blocks to your waiting apartment. 

-------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys! Did you like it? If so, please comment! I would love to hear from you guys. Feedback is much appreciated. If you would like there to be more to the story, please comment. Requests are welcome!