Always Will (Chart)

Always Will (Chart)

JJProject (Always will)

Oneshot

I want to write about how space does not erase love. No not space but TIME. I also want to write about talking to someone over the phone for hours at night. I want JJP to talk to one another on the phone all night reminiscing about the times that they used to speak to one another on the phone all night as teenagers.

I want Jinyoung to feel arrogant about his hold on Jaebum and I want Jaebum to outwardly hate that Jinyoung has such a hold, even deny it, but inwardly he knows that he loves it.

I’m thinking of royalty and the self-righteousness that comes with it. I want Jinyoung’s arrogance to come off as entitlement. He isn’t obsessed. He will willingly let Jaebum go and he does but he knows that JB will come back and tells him so.

JB will be guarded and scared, but he’ll cover it up with bravado. He’s prideful. It’s not that he doesn’t love Jinyoung but that he wants to believe that his love is a choice and not forced on him. He doesn’t believe that Jinyoung is really giving him a choice and in actuality, he isn’t. JB would be the oppressed knight to Jinyoung’s Prince. He follows Jinnie’s orders because that’s what he was made naturally to do.  

Color and Themes:

Silver and other cool colors (such as purples, blues and greens. Cherry wood for the furniture onxy and ebony deep maroons and blood reds), the moon, the stars, nightfall and white streetlights peeping through blinds. Smirks, gritted teeth, squeezing the phone too tight, but genuine smiles, bittersweet laughs, remembering one another as teens, growth, freedom, traveling, city lights, expensive suits and cars and change.  Unwinding, both physically (Such as Jinyoung loosening his tie and removing his sport jacket) and mentally (JB getting lost in the memories and relaxing as he reminisces about the sweet, yet diva like boy he met in high school.) Unwinding will be the main focus along with routine and how they stay the same yet change. JB and Jinyoung will subconsciously move around with the phone pressed to their ears because they’re familiar with doing it in high school. I also want to incorporate financial status (Jinyoung being born into being a businessman while JB had to work for it.) Compare objects to display difference of wealth, yet making sure to show how similar they are in other ways (displaying loneliness and unhappiness, their sons and losing their wives, best friends etc.) Reminiscing is also a huge part of this story, comparing the past with their modern day.

Charaters:

 Jinyoung- (27) a young business tycoon and current CEO of JYP ent. He was given the company when he graduated with his Masters in business. He always wanted to perform, and small part of him regrets not following his dream. He has a 6 yr old son (Youngjae) and a divorcee. His wife left him because she didn’t want to be a mother. He believes in destiny and soulmates and knew from the beginning that his arrange marriage wasn’t going to work so he wasn’t too broken when it fell through.

Jaebum- (28) a former director that teaches film at a university, still directing time to time between semesters. He had a hard time at first because he was raising his sons. Two children (Bam Bam (5) and Yugyeom (4)) A widow, wife died giving birth to yugyeom big . (Bam Bam’s isn’t his but he chose to stay and help raise him despite his ex-wife’s infidelity). JB believes that love takes hard work. There’s no such thing as an easy star-crossed love that love needs to be worked at and learned.

Mark- (29) JYP’s CFO (pretty much a glorified, well paid accountant) also Jinyoung’s best friend. They knew each other since they were boys but went to different high schools so he has only met JB in passing and through Jinyoung’s stories. He agreed to go with Jinnie to his 10 year reunion as his plus one. He’s biual but never married and even wards Jinnie from marrying his ex-wife. He’s a romantic at heart and wants to marry for love.

Jackson- (27) Former fencer now sport physician and PT. He’s JB’s best friend. They met in college when JB was still heartbroken over his and Jinnie’s break up. The two had a little thing in uni but broke it off to become friends instead. They both still have a soft spot for one another, though, Jackson comforting him when JB’s wife died. He divorced recently from his wife and is staying with JB until he gets back on his feet. The experience made him more of a realist but he isn’t a bitter one and is still optimistic about love. He saw his marriage failing. It wasn’t like he was blindsided by the divorce so he’s had his time to come to terms w/ it which is why he’s not bitter.

Summary:

High school sweethearts Jinyoung and Jaebum see each other again after breaking up at the end of their senior year, ten years later at their high school reunion. The two exchange phone numbers and reminisce about being teenagers and talking on the phone all night while talking on the phone all night. It seems that things didn’t change much over the years.

Plot:

  1. Jinyoung pulls up into a luxurious hotel in the inner city. (Mention the gold of the structure and the marble of the outside)
  2. He gives his keys to the valet and makes his way up to the presidential suite with Mark. (Talk about inside of golden elevator and the city lights below)
  3. Mark asks if that was ‘him’ and says that he’s grown
  4. Jinyoung just smiles before the elevator opens and the two men walk to their rooms.
  5. They are met with a bottle of iced champagne in the middle of their room
  6. Mark rolls his eyes at the bottle after reading it and wonder sarcastically who they’re trying to impress
  7. Jinyoung shrugs good naturedly before asking Mark to pour him a glass while he goes to the back room
  8. He takes off his suit jacket, dropping it onto the bed with a hard thump. He’s confused for a second until he remembers that his phone is in the pocket (instead of in this pants pocket b/c he had to take it out to get JB’s number)
  9. He takes the phone out of the pocket and smiles at it almost tenderly before Mark comes in w/ his drink
  10. Mark asks him what’s up with the smile and Jinnie tells him nothing before taking the drink. He comments that it’s not too bad and Mark rolls his eyes and tells him that settling is his problem.
  11. Jinnie laughs at that and says that it’s just a cup of champagne not his ex-wife.
  12. Mark laughs and says that he has to start somewhere. Then he sobers up and reminds him that he deserves the only the best.
  13. Jinyoung lies back seductively on the huge canopy bed below him and say that he does have the best.
  14. Mark gives a sad smile before saying that the best goes beyond the materialistic. He sighs when he sees his friend frown at his words before changing the subject and announcing that he’s going to order room service and promised to give his friend some lobster or something and real champagne!
  15. Jinyoung laughs but sobers up when Mark left. He really should take Mark’s words to heart.
  16. He then decided that he’s done settling and that it’s time to take what he really wanted. He’s left JB waiting for long enough. -----
  17. JB comes home to his two-story luxury apartment uptown. He rides the dull gray elevator (that has the tendency to break down) up to the 7th floor with Jackson.
  18. Jackson slouches against the railing before asking JB if that spoiled rich kid was really him
  19. JB laughs at the description but nods all the same, and then says that if he thought that was bad he should have seen him in high school.
  20. The elevator dings and they both walk down the long gray carpeted hall to JB’s door at the other end of it. While walking Jackson asks about ‘the red that was with him’ (because Mark will always be a redhead to me) JB frowns unconsciously and says that the other was Mark or Markus or something like that and that he was Jin’s friend in high school and that they never really talked much.
  21. He’s inwardly surprised that the two were still friends considering how Jinyoung pushed him away. (Make sure that the thought isn’t bitter but just an observation. JB feelings for Jinyoung aren’t in the forefront right now)
  22. JB unlocks the door and gets an arm full of Yug while Jackson gets a little Bam Bam. The two shout hello before a young girl (maybe Joy or something) runs up.
  23. JB fixes her with a raised eyebrow and she stutters out apologies and that she tried so hard to get the two asleep but they just wouldn’t go.
  24. Bam Bam yells that he couldn’t sleep until he saw his daddy and Yug nods with.
  25. JB cracks and tells that girl that it’s ok before putting Yug down, reaching into his wallet to pay her. He tells her to head on home and she apologizes once more before ducking out.
  26. Jackson pats both boys of their heads before asking if they took their baths already to which they both yipped nope!
  27. JB rolled his eyes and complained about why he was paying that girl before his phone went off and he rolled his eyes again
  28. Jackson laughed at him before telling him to take a load off and that he’ll wash the tiny tots.
  29. He thanked him smiling wildly as he watched his boys race up the steps with a playful Jackson chasing them.
  30. He flopped on his couch and yanked his tie from his neck before absentmindedly answering his phone. -----
  31. Jinyoung smiles when he hears JB’s distracted voice. He returns the greeting with a smile as he neatly hangs his suit jacket on the Victorian couch on the other side of the room (Cream and gold in color).
  32. Jinnie takes a seat after the jacket. JB asks hello clearer and jinnie smiled when JB’s voice became more alert after hearing his voice.
  33. JB runs his fingers through his hair as he sat up on the edge of his couch and put his elbows on his knees. He gives a peak upstairs even though he can clearly hear Jackson and the boys’ laughter from the bathroom. He then questions if it’s really Jinyoung.
  34. Jinnie laughs at the disbelief in JB’s voice and jokingly sassed that he already knew who it was. He sits back comfortable on the couch as he kicks his Armani loafers off and put his feet on the bench (You know the bench that sits at the end of beds. I know that they have a name but I can’t remember it right now) across from him, completely comfortable.
  35. JB looks around his apartment once more before standing from his couch and starting to pace around the living room. He asks JInyoung why he’s calling him so late.
  36. Jinyoung give a blasé shrug that he knows JB can’t see but can hear in his voice, before he nonchalantly says that it was him that gave him the number.
  37. JB sighed at that before rubbing at his temples. He finished his pacing and instead walked into the kitchen and poured himself a cup of cheap brandy. He yanks his tie the rest of the way off and tosses it on the counter. He tells Jinne that just because he gave him the number tonight didn’t mean that he wanted him to use it tonight (“or ever” is what he adds in his head).
  38. Jinyoung gave a hearty laugh at that as he sipped from his champagne, silently agreeing with Mark that the drink was a little watered down. He then asked JB why he gave the number in the first place if he didn’t want him to call. (He knew what JB was thinking even if he didn’t say it.)
  39. JB sighed but smile instead of himself. He then smirked and said that he didn’t say that.
  40. JInyoung smiled on his end of the line as he worked his fingers in his tie to loosen it, letting it hang on his collar and said that he didn’t have to.
  41. JB shook his head, thinking that that was typical Jinyoung. The familiarity felt good and he found himself settling into his countertop with his drink in his hand. He then warned Jinyoung playfully (but harshly b/c this is JB) about putting words in his mouth.
  42. Jinyoung laughed once more, sipping from his cup, and says that JB is still just as stubborn as he’s always been. And JB says that Jinyoung is just as much a smart . Jinyoung giggled at that as he smoothly pulled his tie from his shirt and sit it on top of his jacket.
  43. As JB took a gulp from his drink he asks Jinyoung why he’s calling. He took a quick glance to see his boys running to their room, Jackson laughing as he chases them. The fencer plucks them from the ground and throws them over his shoulders before giving JB a thumbs-up and carrying them to their room.
  44. Jinyoung leans further into his couch and asks him does he need a reason to call him now.
  45.  Mark walks through the door and flops on the bed, telling Jinnie that he ordered him some lobster and it’s on its way before gesturing to the phone and silently asking who it is.
  46. Jinnie motions him to wait a moment before he tells JB that he doesn’t remember needing one before.
  47. Mark mouths JB before Jinyoung nods with a bitten lip and a mischievous smile.
  48. Mark then rolls his eyes before taking a sip out of Jinyoung’s cup and making a face. He then tells Jinnie that he’ll be sure to tell him when the food comes before mumbling that it’s about time he started reaching for the top shelf stuff as he made his way out the door.
  49. JB frowns at Jinyoung’s words and tells him jadedly that they weren’t teenagers anymore and as his children run downstairs Jackson behind them and guiding them to the living room, he adds that things change. 
  50. Jinyoung gets up and walks to the balcony. He leans against the white railing and agrees with him that things do change as he pulls out a pic of his son from this wallet. He then says that though things change some things do stay the same.
  51. JB then sinks further into his slouch and took another sip of his brandy before saying that they were one of the things that changed
  52. Jinyoung gives a laugh, not convinced, and tells him that he knows that what they have is one of the things that will always remain the same.
  53. JB scoffs, “There you go again Jinyoung. Always assuming that the world revolves around you. I grew up. We both did.”
  54. Jackson then enters the kitchen and mouth to JB if that was ‘him’ and JB nods. Jackson rolls his eyes but didn’t say anything and started moving in the kitchen around a confused JB
  55. “Is that what you think,” Jinyoung asks with a bitter smile as he looks down at the city streets below, “You’re wrong. I don’t think that everything revolves around me. Actually, my everything revolves around you.”
  56. JB blinks confused before he started to nibble on his bottom lip and start to the top buttons of his dress shirt. He knew sincere Jinyoung when he heard him and this was it. He goes to respond but his oldest son began to pull on his pants bottoms. He kneels down to Bam and asks him what’s wrong with Jinyoung still next to his ear. Bam tells him that he’s hungry. He then understood why Jackson was roaming around the kitchen looking like a lost soul. JB tells him not to worry that he’s on it.
  57. JB is then startled when Jinyoung comments that he has one too.
  58. JB asks him one what before Jinyoung says a child. JB’s asks incredulously if Jinyoung has a child.
  59. Jinyoung laughs and tells him yes a six year old named Youngjae. He caresses the picture as he tells him before putting it back in his wallet and tossing it on the table behind him. He then s his dress shirt letting it blow in the wind before leaning on the railing again.
  60. Jinyoung then tells him about his Youngjae and how he has the sweetest smile and the most cheerful laugh. He then tells him of how he couldn’t bring his baby boy with him although he hated being apart from him.
  61. JB hums as he listens to Jinyoung talk about his son with such a bittersweet voice and silently wondered if he spoke about his boys with as much pride and love as Jinyoung is right now. He then tells Jinyoung of his two boys, how they were little troublemakers but that they were so smart that they left him behind sometimes.
  62. Jinyoung stares off into the distance as he listens to JB talk and when he finishes he says softly that they have grown up.
  63. JB gives a soft ‘yeah’. He feels something bitter settle in his stomach at the thought though. He then tells Jinyoung to give him a minute as he grabs Jackson by the shoulders and steered him out of the kitchen. Jackson looks put off at first until JB says that they both know that he can’t cook and that he’s not letting him poison his children. Jackson rolls his eyes but don’t refute and goes into the living room the watch the kids.
  64. Jinyoung laughs as he heard JB yell at Jackson and asks if the other was the one he brought him to the reunion.
  65. JB tells him that it was. Then he asks JR why he called him if he saw him with someone else at the party.
  66. Jinyoung smiled. He knew that JB was trying to put him off, throwing deterrents to try to scare him away like his bad boy act from when they were younger, but just as he dodged them then he’s determined to dodge them now. Jinyoung lets his eyes sweep over the city as he tells him that he’s not blind and that the looks that he gave his guest would wither and die in front of the looks that he once gave to him – still give him.
  67. JB rolls his eyes as he put the phone in the crook of his neck and reaches into his fridge to pull out the lettuce and roast beef. “That’s quite the imagination you have.”
  68. Jinyoung simply shrugs as he also place the phone between his shoulder and chin as he let his shirt slide from his frame before he went back into his room to place it alongside his tie and blazer. He simply asks JB if the man he brought was his boyfriend.
  69. JB quickly denies it, almost cutting his finger as he chopped some fruit for the boys to eat alongside their sandwiches.
  70. “My point exactly,” Jinyoung smirked, “I know what love looks like in your eyes. That wasn’t it.”
  71. JB stabs the knife into the wooden cutting board he was using, the sound loud enough to frighten the kids in the livingroom. He then grits into Jinyoung’s ear, demanding to know what made him think that he could tell him how he felt. He goes on the say that he may not be in love with Jackson, but he does love him and that what they had was immeasurable compared to a high school fling that he had with Jinyoung.
  72. “And yet you’re on the phone with me,” Jinyoung responded, holding back his own anger, “Yet you look at me with love in your eyes, not him. You’re free to love who you want JB, but you’ve always been in love with me and you always will.”
  73. JB scoffs and tells him that that was years ago and that Jinyoung doesn’t have a hold on him anymore. He then plates the food and call the tykes to come eat, frowning as they fearfully rounded the couch to do so. JB then sits the phone down and kneels to them, telling them that daddy is just upset with an old friend and that daddy would never hurt them, no matter how angry he was and that he loved them. The boys nodded smiling again before he goes to reach for the phone again. Jackson grabs his wrist and asks him if he really wanted to do that. JB nodded and said that there were some things that he really wanted to get off his chest. Jackson nods and rubs circles into JB’s wrist before letting it go. He pats his shoulder and tells him that he’ll handle the tykes and to call if he was needed.  
  74. JB nods, watching Jackson’s back admirably before his attention was stolen when Jinyoung tells him that it doesn’t matter. Love is love
  75. JB says that time will always have a factor. He then sighs angrily and asks Jinyoung what was he trying to do. Jackson picks up on the anger and looks concerned to his friend but JB waves him off and walk to the living room with his own sandwich.
  76.  Jinyoung sighs as Mark comes back into the room, handing Jinyoung his plate of lobster and a bottle of good champagne. Jinnie smiles at Mark and tells JB that he’s following a friend’s advice and reaching for the top shelf and that he’s settled enough in his life.
  77. JB gives a bitter laugh and says that he’s a widow with two kids, that he’s far from crème del la crème.
  78. Jinyoung smiles fondly as he cracks into his lobster and dips it into his butter sauce. He tells JB that he’s traveled the world, slept with movie stars and super models alike. (JB asks if that’s supposed to make him feel better but Jinnie snaps to let him finish) He then goes on the say that he still chose JB. He says to take it from someone who knows what the best is like and that JB was better than all of them.
  79. JB then asks that if he was so amazing then why he left him during senior year.

AN: So here it is!! I'm really looking for feedback you guys. Should I finish it? Does it seem like a good read? Whatever thoughts you have, good or bad, leave them in the comment section. I like this story but my chapter fics are ruling my life right now. However, if ppl wanna read it I'll finish it.