Ending.

Blink

Taking a bite from her bagel, Ayako started talking again about the things that had happened to Yuta as they catch up after being apart for six months. Chewing loudly, her voice steadies and let out the things she wants to tell her onii-san. “Oh, and during the New Year party in our house, someone from my relatives asked me to diagnose her and brought me a urine sample in a vial. Can you imagine how embarrassed I am? They keep telling me that a doctor to be should know what is the illness just by looking at the color of the urine. I mean…. Ugh! I was so mad that I explained to them how diagnosis takes place in the hospital as said in our manual. Did I go too far, nii-san? I didn’t, right? All I am saying is that you can’t make a diagnosis on the spot. Am I being disrespectful for telling them that being a doctor in training doesn’t make me a mobile clinic? I explained to them calmly about how being an intern works but did they listen? They didn’t- Eh, nani? Nii-san? Nii-san?”

 

Yuta suddenly snapped out of his train of thought and look at Ayako, his fuming 20-year-old Medicine student girlfriend, blinking a bit to adjust his eyes. “Gomen, Aya-chan. I was just thinking about something. W-what were you saying?”

 

She just let out an unamused chuckle and ruffle her boyfriend’s hair but deep down in her, she feels dejected that her rants had been ignored again by her nii-san. “Nandemo nai, nii-san. I was saying that I am happy that after almost half a year of being busy with my studies and your trainee period, we get to spend time together.” She let her fingers linger on Yuta’s hair for a few seconds before letting it go.

 

Feeling guilty all of a sudden, Yuta swiftly reached out for Ayako’s hand and starts to apologize. “Aya-chan, I am really sorry… I was just so deep in thought that I spaced out while you are talking. Please continue about your stories. I want to hear them. A-cha, hontou ni gomennasai, Aya-chan….” His eyes searched for her as he held her hand tightly, rubbing soothing circles on the back of it.

 

Smiling, she enveloped Yuta’s hand with her own and squeeze it to reassure him. “Nii-san. Daijobu, mhm? It’s nothing important to start with.” She tried to sound convincing to avoid Yuta’s persistent sorrys and trying to make up to things he has and haven’t done for the past half a year. “Ah, it’s time for me to go home, nii-san.” She stands up from the chair and gave Yuta another smile. “Let's go now-”

 

“Aya-chan.” Yuta’s voice came out all worried and burdened, something that made Ayako even more ticked off.

 

“Yes?” She inquired as she tries to focus on fixing her things, getting ready to leave.

 

Her boyfriend’s hand is placed gently on her arm as if he’s preventing her from getting out of the pastry shop. “A-at least let me take you home, Aya-chan. It’s kind of late and it may be dangerous for a girl to wander around at night…”

 

Ayako closes her eyes, her mind replaying the good times she had with Yuta. These happy thoughts…. These happy moments that are now memories help her from snapping her ‘ignorant girlfriend’ card she’s playing so well. “Onii-san~” She whined cutely and pouts, making her eyes look droopy and pleading as possible for Yuta to say yes to her request.

 

With that action being done, Yuta let out a half-squeal and half-giggle before pinching Ayako’s cheek, signaling that her faux expression worked. Yuta may look all scary and serious but he really is a softie inside all the cold exterior, just like any other guys. “Aigoo~ How can I say to my kawaii baby~?” He cooed and kisses her forehead. “Text me when you get home, wakata?”

 

“Wakata, nii-san.” She smiled extra widely before leaning up to give Yuta a peck on the lips.

 

It would have been a kiss on the lips but Yuta pretended to act like he was really turning his head to the right, letting Ayako’s lips land on his cheek. Yuta’s ears got really red as it always does when he has done anything embarrassing. “A-ah, gomenna. Y-you know how I feel about k-kisses--”

 

Ayako chuckled loudly. Even for a person who’s putting up a front like hers wouldn’t help to give into Yuta’s extremely cute acts. “I was really aiming for your cheeks, baka. Nii-san, I will go first-”

 

Yuta’s phone pinged again for a text.

 

He smiled apologetically and fishes his phone out of his coat pocket, smiling widely just like he had been every time his phone would notify him of a text.

 

He quickly typed a reply and looked at Ayako. “Aya-chan, I’ll go first, okay?” He pointed at his phone. “It’s urgent so pai pai~” He waved good-bye to her and runs out of the café, his face still has that healing smile.

 

Ayako doesn’t need to be told twice about what’s really happening with her relationship with Yuta Nakamoto, healing smile of SM Entertainment’s new boy group, NCT. Walking out of the establishment with a heavy heart, she took every step carefully to head to God knows where. She isn’t exactly living with her family since they’re all in Sapporo just like Yuta’s family is in Osaka. She is in Tokyo to finish her studies to become a cardiologist, a profession close to her heart.

 

She should head back to her dorm to finish her paper on cardiac arrhythmia but being blessed with a brilliant mind, she knows she could do it in under an hour. That leaves her almost a day of free time with nothing to do.

 

Spotting a wood bench nearby, she sat down and took in a deep breath, letting the fresh air to course through her lungs. She grabbed her phone from her pocket and after she typed her password, a cute selfie of her and Yuta from a year ago welcome her, as if inviting her to smile as widely as they do.

 

Too bad all she can do is stare and wish they are still valid and not just memories that would be stuck inside her mind.

 

Opening her gallery, she goes to her secret folder of Yuta’s pictures, videos and voice clips. Her mind is suddenly filled again with temporary elation, calming her down.

 

“Aya-chan~ Don’t film me~ It’ll affect the quality of my takoyaki!” “Nakamoto, that’s irrelevant from your cooking, you know. If it’s bad, it’s not my fault.” “Hey, Ishikawa Ayako. Who gave you the right to call me Nakamoto, huh?” “It’s going to be my last name someday so I should get used to it- EH?!!? Why did you smear takoyaki batter on my face?” “S-s-shut up, okay… Nobody should know that I am planning on marrying you. S-s-someone might steal you from me!”

 

“Aya-chan! Hewwo~ I am recording this since it’s your departamental examinations today so I’ll give you a lot of strength eh? Sorry I am not there to give you a hug but I will sing something for you! Pardon my voice, okay? You know I am not a singer~”

 

“Watch our Hide N Freak performance from Bangkok! Pretty cool eh? Look how y I am, Aya-chan~ Don’t complain that these people will catch a glimpse of my awesome self, okay? You have this hot piece of body all of you when we get married!”

 

“Aieru~ Daisukidayou, Ishikawa Ayako and soon to be Nakamoto Ayako.”

 

That last voice message always makes her cry no matter how many times she had heard it for the last two years. Yuta recorded it just when he found out he is going to be a trainee in Korea. “Listen to it if ever you get sad or you doubt my love for you, mhm? You should know I am always yours, my princess Ayako.” He said after handing the phone back to her.

 

Choking on her own tears, she wiped the others that have betrayed her and takes another deep breath. Reality sets in and she is back to the wooden bench near the café, her loose sweatshirt suddenly felt too hot on her skin. She closed her eyes for a moment as she tries to re-gain her strength for her to walk home.

 

She knows long distance relationships rarely work out but Yuta insisted they would still be in a relationship even if they’re apart. Yuta has a strong determination spirit in him that once he decided on a thing, he would really pursue it.

 

Complications rose here and there during the course of their relationship but somehow, they survived.

 

What bothers Ayako is this: Yuta came back with his smiles and warm aura but he also, he came back with a lot of secrets.

 

And when Ayako says a lot, it is really a lot of secrets.

 

From cellphone passwords to her going to his apartment which she usually knows and she usually goes there, Yuta’s now inseparable from his phone. His apartment is now a foreign place for her and when they do go to his place is because he just goes there to pick some stuff up.

 

It bothers her and she ask Yuta if something seems off or if he wants to tell something to her. Yuta would either look at her with a blank face or he would laugh it off, shaking his head that nothing is wrong.

 

His phone holds all the answers in this charade.

 

She had countless of attempts in opening his phone whenever he leaves his phone to her care while he goes somewhere unexpected. Before, Yuta never put a password on his phone.

 

But now there’s a code.

 

She had tried putting the combination for her name, their names, Yuta’s name, her birthday, their anniversary and still none.

 

When Yuta went to the washroom during their café date not long ago, she decided to try her luck with his phone again.

 

What made the phone unlock is Yuta’s birthday.

 

Shaking that thought, she acted quickly with her heart on the line.

 

Her finger glides on the screen as she presses the Messages application.

 

The truth hit her like a bullet to her head, numbing and hurting her all at the same time.

 

The sender’s name is labeled as “Mrs. Nakamoto” but it’s not her number. She didn’t dare to read their exchange of text messages after scanning it briefly and it’s full of hearts, ‘I Love Yous’ and ‘I Miss Yous.’

 

What must have been the most shocking is her name on Yuta’s phone.

 

‘Ayako Ishikawa.’

 

Plain. Simple. Not special.

 

And just like her, apparently.

 

Good thing she had put the phone on its old place before Yuta comes back from the washroom.

 

She wanted to slap Yuta during the course of their afternoon stay in the café for lying to her and for ignoring her because his fingers seem to be glued to his phone.

 

She wanted to scream at Yuta and ask him why has he done something like that. He could have told her that he is seeing another woman, right? Then why? Is it to ridicule her? Or does he pity him because of the years they have been together?

 

She wanted to skin that wretched woman who stole her man. How can a woman stoop so low to be a third party to someone’s happy relationship?

 

Most of all, she wanted to blame herself for trusting Yuta 100% without so much of a thought.

 

Despite all of these disruptive thoughts inside her head, she still loves him. No matter how much he had hurt her in that month alone after he had come back from Korea, she can’t seem to hate him. What she’s feeling is more on disappointment and hurt but not hate.

 

“Miss? Daijoubu? Why are you crying?” An elderly lady who somehow has been there on the wooden bench and she’s just oblivious about it, asked her. She looked really worried and her eyes emit the motherly affection Ayako desperately needed at this time.

 

She dried her tears again, smiling to the old lady. “A-ah, I just listened to a very sad song, Auntie. I got carried away.” She stood up and bowed to her before walking away.

 

“Ah, Ishikawa. Get a ing hold of yourself, please! You still have a whole month until Yuta goes back to Korea so please hold on. By the end of that month, you can finally bust him, okay? Eh---”

 

“Hey, Yuta-kun~ When will you leave her? Why are you holding onto her too much~?” A whiny, high-pitched voice made its way to Ayako’s ears, making her cringe for a moment.

 

Yuta-kun…. She said that, right? Ayako thought and tried to follow to where the voice is coming from, not even thinking that there could have been a thousand of people in Japan that’s named Yuta.

 

The voice led her to a coffee shop similar to the one she’s in a while ago.

 

And the owner of the voice is a pretty girl who has her arm wrapped around Yuta Nakamoto’s shoulders.

 

Yuta is not making any move to remove that arm. In fact, he gave her his healing smile before talking.

 

What he said is definitely not healing at all.

 

“Rina-kun. That girl is so in love with me. It will be a pity if I have someone like her unlike me. Not in this lifetime. And she’s so nerdy! I learn so much from her than my trainer in Korea and Japan combined.” He chuckles ever so lightly, taking a bite of his melon bread.

 

“Ehhhhh~” Rina whined loudly again, holding onto his arm now. “How can I be Mrs. Nakamoto if I have another sharing that title? Yuta-kuuuuuun~ How can you like someone so nerdy and weird as her? Sure, she looks pretty but you could have done better, you know?”

 

Yuta grins and gave Rina a kiss on her cheek, making the latter blushy and giggly. “How many times do I have to tell you that you’re the real Mrs. Nakamoto, mhm?” His nose now grazed her jaw and she’s very happy about Yuta’s action. “It’s fun playing with a girl like her. But I would want her to eliminate herself from my life by her own so you should wait a bit, kitten~”

 

“Hai hai. Just stop talking. You’re sounding like her. And I trust my Yuta. Now give me a kiss.”

 

Nothing could have been more hurtful than seeing the man you love with all your heart kiss with another woman.

 

All Ayako can do is stare, her eyes swimming with tears and she didn’t even bother in dabbing her handkerchief to dry them.

 

Her legs have a different mind. It brought her in front of the couple who just finished transporting saliva from each other.

 

The look on Yuta’s face was priceless when he saw his girlfriend’s tear-stained face. The glow of her face long gone and what’s left is just remains of the lively, bright Ishikawa Ayako.

 

“A-A-Aya-chan…”

 

It took all of Ayako’s will power not to slap the out of the woman and scream all her might to Yuta. But she wants to be strong this time. Since the person she depended the most doesn’t even offer any support or affection towards her.

 

“H-h-how long, Nakamoto?” Her voice is stripped off of emotion and it comes out so harsh and cold to anyone who hears.

 

“Ayako, i-i-it’s not what you think…” Trembling words stumble along Yuta’s mouth.

 

She looked at him with a piercing gaze enough to send a chill to Yuta’s spine. “I asked you, Nakamoto Yuta. How. ing. Long?”

 

“I-I-I…A-a-ano… A-a-almost six months…”

 

“Soudesuka? Funny that’s exactly the time you were away, isn’t it?” She lets out a dark chuckle, her face still stone cold.

 

Yuta stood up and reach out to her but she moved away. “Don’t you ing dare touch me again.”

 

His eyes have fear and uncertainty in it, dancing in the pool of his brown orbs and he pleads again. “Ayako… L-let me explain… Please…”

 

“Explain what, Yuta? That you see me as someone important because I am naïve, nerdy and inexperienced with guys? Huh? So you can have someone to play with?”

 

“Yuta-kun, s-she knows! Just dump her already-”

 

“Shut the up, Rina and go away.”

 

“Yuta-kun…”

 

“I SAID GO.”

 

Ayako watched her quickly gather all her things and scamper away as fast as her five-inch heels can let her.

 

An arm wrapped around her body for a while before she finally let her hand land on Yuta’s cheek, her slap echoing through the almost empty street.

 

The tears came back again, creating a falls on her cheeks as it drips down from her eyes. “D-d-don’t you dare lay a hand o-on any part of my body, you cheater.”

 

A blooming reddish patch appeared on Yuta’s cheek, his eyes widely open. He has never seen Ayako so violent and calm at the same time. But who can blame her?

 

Truth to be told, Ayako is a very great girl.

 

The one who’s not great is Yuta.

 

Ayako is very old-fashioned and their only skinship are hugs and kisses. He loved Ayako so he endured all those.

 

But being a man, he craved that kind of love that’s burning and passionate. For him, Ayako could feel his love more if he showed it to her.

 

Stupid, isn’t it? Just because of lust, he hurt the most beautiful girl anyone could have asked for.

 

“I-I-I have one more question for you, Yuta. Why?” It wasn’t an order. It’s almost like a plea.

 

He faced her and he never would have thought that Ayako’s hurtful expression could make him go on his knees.

 

He tried hold her hands but Ayako quickly removed her hands from Yuta’s hands. “W-w-what are you doing? Stand up and explain it to me why have you done this to me? H-have I done anything wrong? A-am I not enough for you? W-w-what does she have that I d-don’t, Yuta? I-is it because s-she’s more liberated than me, huh? T-that she would just g-give herself freely to you without l-love…? I-I-I… I was so foolish in believing y-you love me, Yuta…. Love? Huh? Why the hell are you not answering? Nakamoto, please… I am begging you… D-d-don’t hurt me anymore and tell me…. Please… Tell me why… I want to know why… I deserve an explanation, p-p-please…”

 

The side of Yuta’s eyes are now pooling with his tears, his hands in a very tight fist. He can’t seem to find any words to tell Ayako why he did it. He just kneeled there and let his tears flow from his eyes.

 

Ayako’s heart is now crumbling to pieces both from seeing Yuta cry and feeling his betrayal is something so shallow like that. She sighed and wiped her tears away for the nth time this evening before kneeling in front of Yuta.

 

“A-A-A-Ayako-chan…. I-I-I’m s-s-sorry… I am so sorry, Ayako-chan… I-I-I…” Those are the only words that came out from Yuta’s mouth. He knew he ed up so much that even admitting his own faults become very embarrassing for him. Tears freely fall from his eyes, making his vision of Ayako blurry.

 

She looked at him, despite of her tears, with sheer bravery and firmness. “Crying because you’re sorry? Or crying because you got caught? Whatever the it is, I don’t want to know. But know this, Yuta Nakamoto. These things that we shared, these memories I treasure so much will be forever as it is: Mere memories. It makes you hope that maybe one day, things would go back to the way it is. And also, these ing memories you made with me? It can easily go away in a blink. Just like what you did.”

 

Yuta’s unable to talk. He swallowed loudly as he tightens his fists, not because he’s mad at Ayako’s harsh words.

 

It’s because every word Ayako said about him is correct.

 

“Don’t look for me. Don’t call me. Don’t even think about me. You destroyed me, Yuta. I hope you’re happy.” Ayako managed to smile widely yet it looks so theatrical. She’s putting a show so she won’t be marked are weak just because of a break up.

 

Just before she leaves Yuta for the rest of her life, she goes back with her phone in hand.

 

Yuta just stood up from kneeling and he watched Ayako throws the phone on the ground and steps on it, loud cracking noises coming from the device.

 

“I told you. In a blink, I can do these things you thought I can never do.” She said in a voice filled with hope. “Just think of what can I do in a day, a month, a year.”

 

With a final sweet smile for her former boyfriend, she her heel and walks back to her apartment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~

Updated! ouo

Don't hate Yuta juseyo ;~; I was debating if I should make Hansol or Yuta the main character but I kind of had another plan with Hansol. ><

Enjoy!

P.S. This scenario is all based from my true experience in high school eheh. 

©OfficialT-Hope2016