Sun shaped day

That bright summer day

Sun, sun sun, a sun shaped space, a sun shaped day. 
With his ears covered by the sound coming from the headphones Kyungsoo got onto the bus, humming quietly. Chanyeol had send him a text saying he would get up earlier and take Baekhyun to school with his new car. As long as their peaceful relationship kept going, Kyungsoo didn't mind being alone for sometime, having his music with him, but something sent a shiver down his spine, invading his personal space: somebody had bumped into his shoulder and was now smiling at him.

"Good morning" said Jongin with a little bow.

Kyungsoo set his glassy eyes on him: he had pushed back his hair with gel and was wearing a white elegant shirt, maybe a size too large.

"Good morning" responded him, taking the headphones down, upon his neck. "Is there something special today?" 

Jongin looked surprised, then he remembered what he was wearing and he smiled.

"We are going i show some talent scouts our routine, hoping some of us will be taken in their company"

"Success rating?"

"One out of fifty, if I did my math right. You can say I've trained all my life for his day, as cheesy as it sounds. But I'm going to be the boy who made it"

He sounded so sure Kyungsoo was taken aback. Wasn't he nervous? If it was him who had to dance that day he would have been all nerves and heavy trembling hands. Isn't it scary to dance alone? Isn't it hard to smile like that knowing what you have to do? But he asked none of that.

"I sincerely wish you good luck" he said politely, with a tiny smile on his lips, covering the other students' laughter again with the flowing notes of a new song.

 

 

There were no clouds to gaze at, just a indigo sky, so full of light he had to squint his eyes, blinking fast not to be blinded.
Summer in his mind was always the time of the year his parents brought him places, up in the mountain to find some colder climate or at the beach to get tanned running upon the sand, but since he got to college, it became just a never ending stasis. At least he had Chanyeol and Baekhyun to brighten up his day.

"We have to go to that concert on the beach" screamed Chanyeol, pieces of chicken flying if his mouth "We are going to wait until sunset and then light up the night with tons of candles and torches. It is going to be awesome"

"I heard that many of out art students are going to perform" added Baekhyun.

It was true: Kyungsoo's music professor had asked him if he wanted to go on stage as well but he had refused. Being in the center if attention was not exactly what he craved, he preferred to be in the audience and experience onto his skin the healing power of good music.
The two boys took Kyungsoo's hands, one each, and asked him with irresistible puppy eyes.

"You will come with us, right?"

Kyungsoo giggled.

"Of course, but wouldn't it be nicer to be only the two of you?"

Chanyeol smiled, like he had already discussed that issue with his boyfriend. 

"Nope. We want you to come along and be our sweet third wheel"

"Buuuut" interrupted Baekhyun "If you think it would be awkward to watch us cuddle in the sand, you should ask someone to come with you"

At that, Kyungsoo only giggled harder.

"Baekhyun the match maker? This one's new"

The trio laughed.

"What have I missed?"

Jongin sat near them, smiling gently. He was covered in sweat, sparkling in the sunlight like a marbled star, his hair taken aback by a hairtie.

"We are going to go to the beach concert tomorrow night and it's going to be fantastic" explained a radiant Chanyeol.

Baekhyun caught the opportunity to whisper into Kyungsoo ear:

"Why don't you ask Jongin to come with you?"

The boy turned his head to face the dancer: he didn't knew him very well, but he seemed really nice and not to loud. Could he really ask something like that to him? Was it going to be an inconvenience?
But he had to speak no words because Jongin preceded him.

"So I assume you and Baekhyun will go together. Do you, Kyungsoo, have anyone to go with? I mean..." Jongin hesitate shyly "I'm sure you have but..."

Kyungsoo blinked twice, suddenly aware of the awkward silence that it was going to be created if he hadn't said anything fast.

"Actually I don't. Wanna come?" He said, faster than he actually had meant to say it.

Jongin, beautifully wrapped in his dancing clothes, who had practiced all morning and was still red from all the fatigue, blushed.

"Sure. Yeah, ok. Sure" he murmured. "Only if I survive this evening show" he then added, catching his breath again

He was indeed nervous about the scout thing, but he also felt lighter for some reason. Maybe it was that odd day, too hot and heated for his body to feel as heavy as it was, or maybe it was the atmosphere between himself and those three boys, so fresh, so new.
Then again, it was probably Kyungsoo's heart shaped smile. Yup, definitely that.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Another chapter completed, even if super short; a pat in the back for me! Next chapter is going to be focused on the other characters so look forward to that and I will try to develop them better as I can .^__^