Date

Flutter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“In need of a wealthy sugar daddy with a good body, and a kind heart. Or just a guy who will hold me tight”

For some reason reading those words had made his heart flutter a little bit.  Sure it was a little crass and up front, but most of the profile bios. Usually a short description on the profile owner’s type, their preferences were laid out bluntly giving no false hope to those searching.

Yet Hyunwoo felt it. He felt hope, reading I.M96’s profile. The man found himself smiling at the presumably younger male’s way of talking. Through his profile, he had managed to get a feel or essence of what the man’s character was. Or at least what the man had written had been enough to charm him, of course the internet could manipulate things that weren’t there. But as much as Hyunwoo tried to think realistically, there was a swell excitement he was feeling.

The picture attached to the profile of the younger man, small, cute. White painted skin, black rings around his eyes and smudged red lips. His hair was tousled around behind him, the man somehow managed to look cute dressed up as the infamous joker.

Scrolling through the man’s profile, there are few pictures of the man. Most were silly pictures, wearing a t-shirt with fake abs, him cross dressing and one very cute selfie. In this picture Hyunwoo got a better view of the man’s face, he was just as cute as he had hoped. A small face, small features, a cute button nose, pretty eyes and perfect pink lips.

Looking through more of the man’s profile, there wasn’t much he had left about himself. He liked lots of alternative hiphop artists, he was into his fashion it seemed, and some art house cinema films. A little pretentious, but it was a welcome different to the normal hungry app users.

Of course in that thinking Hyunwoo was a little hypocritical, it’s not like he was scrolling on this in the first place to find the love of his life. He had been looking to meet someone close to him, to hook up for casual .

The man was too busy to meet anyone in his real life, he was a director at cosmetic company AppleMaiden. It meant business meetings from very early in the morning, to late nights in the offices planning strategies. It was hard work, but Hyunwoo got paid very well, and so it balanced out well in the end. He worked for money and the money he made was more than he could really handle, being the only child to two parents who had long since passed away.

He had no real family, and only a few friends he could really call friend. Said friends were either out of the country being successes in their own right, or they were in Korean being the busy parents to their precious children. There was rarely any time to meet up with his friends, and that left him feeling a little lonely.

That was why he had resorted to this dating app “flutter”. It was a worldwide dating app much like your tinders, and grindrs but it was more open. It wasn’t specifically a gay dating app, but you could search depending on the preference. You could even search according the purpose of your use of the app, whether it be to date, looking for love or just for .

It took only two minutes for Hyunwoo to come across I.M96’s profile, and he found himself drawn to the profile of the seemingly eccentric male.

He had been looking for someone to have with, he had filed the search criteria down to ual hook ups. He had found the younger male in this search but instead of reaching out, the man had been inspecting the profile for half an hour, trying to make up his mind. Would he reach out to this man? What was stopping him? He knew he wanted to, yet he was hesitating.

“Hello. This is Hyunwoo. Nice to meet you” Hyunwoo types out an extremely stiff and formal greeting. Regret settles in his stomach as he thinks it over, maybe the formality of it would be uncomfortable for the man. Maybe he would be put off, the stranger who such a cold approach.

I.M96: Whoa, that was positively stiff greeting.

After a few minutes of agonising, Hyunwoo finally gets a reply from the other man, it confirms the dread he had about his introduction.

I.M96:  Hi! My name is Changkyun, I’m a violinist, and good kisser!

Reading the message, Hyunwoo can’t stop the big grin that makes it’s way across his face. The flutter of excitement returns.

I.M96: I’m waiting…

The next message pops up, informing Hyunwoo he was a little too slow. He was thinking about this too much, and so he decides to just dive into it.

Shownu92: my job is a boring, and I like good kissers.

Hyunwoo cringes a little at his message, but he can’t help it. It was what he was thinking and he was kind of just going with the flow.

I.M96: that’s good. What else do you like?

The man presses, he didn’t seem to be cringing over the last statement. The conversation continues to flow.

Shownu92: violinists.

Pressing further, he was making his intentions a little more known. Just talking to him briefly was enough for Hyunwoo to know he liked the man he was talking to.

I.M96: oooh! I know one I could introduce you too. I’ve been told he’s quite cute.

The younger male playfully replies. Hyunwoo smiles in reply and decides to be extra blunt and avoid confusion.

Shownu92: one named Changkyun would be lovely.

Hyunwoo cringes again at the corny nature of his reply, but he was still in his speak don’t think mode. Thankfully the other man doesn’t seem to mind.

I.M96: okay. Let’s meet up.

Shownu92: Today?

I.M96: Tonight?

It was happening so quickly, but Hyunwoo didn’t mind. It was in the middle of the afternoon. Most of the day had passed, but it would be nice to spend time with the man on this warm and breezy evening.

Shownu92: where do you live?

I.M96: the Crestlake neighbourhood, near the town centre.

Hyunwoo knew where that was, it was pretty close to where he lived. HE could pick up the younger man in no time.

Shownu92: I’ll pick you up at 8pm, just send me your address.

I.M96: Can I trust you?

Hyunwoo nods his head glad that the other man was asking the question. He on the other hand was fearlessly jumping into this. Meeting up with a stranger, it had just as many risks on Hyunwoo as it did on Changkyun.

Shownu92: if you can’t, then let’s meet somewhere else? Somewhere public, as long as you feel comfortable.

I.M96: okay, I’ll send you the details.

Hyunwoo sighs relieved. He really wanted to meet Changkyun, he wanted to see the strange eccentric boy in the flesh.

Shownu92: great.

I.M96: question…

Shownu92: ask away.

I.M96: are we going to have tonight?

Sitting up the man leans in, as if he were waiting for the other man to verbally ask the question.

Shownu92: depends…

Hyunwoo knew what he wanted, but he wasn’t sure how to reply to this without blowing his chances with the other man.

I.M96: on what?

Shownu92: when we meet.

I.M96: okay, for now bye Mr Hyunwoo J

The younger one ends the communication first as he leaves their chat, leaving Hyunwoo feeling a little lonely again. He had to meet him again.

It would be a few hours, so Hyunwoo does all he can to prepare himself. The man does his normal grooming routine, he showers, he applies lotion, he picks a smart casual outfit. Some black skinny jeans, comfortable black pumps and a smart blue blouse.

He wanted to look y for the younger man, but he also wanted to be approachable too. He wasn’t sure if he had over dressed, he actually hadn’t even planned for the night. What would they even be doing for the night?

Hyunwoo had done so few of these hook ups, and most of the time they went straight to business. There was no getting to know each other, or talking, it was straight to action. But with the prospect of being so vague, Hyunwoo decides not to push it.

Hours later, eventually it’s time for Hyunwoo to pick up Changkyun. He goes as directed to a café in the Crestlake neighbourhood. It was in the suburbs, and late at night it didn’t have very many customers.

The café aptly named “Crestlake’s Café” was a old fashioned American styled diner set up. Fifties style, nostalgic images were plastered across the walls, and the seating was that you would see out of grease. The whole set up felt a bit foreign, but still comfortable enough for customers.

As Hyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter