(fin).

road maps.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]destination: where?[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]2021w, fluff[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

201 miles from Busan, South Korea

She sticks her thumb out as a bright red sports car passes by. Then a truck, then a minivan. Then a Prius, of all things. It slows down in front of her and Seulgi swallows—her pride, her fear—and plasters on a smile all while walking towards the car. The driver rolls down their—his—window. . She stops for a second to consider and hesitates before hovering her hand over the door handle.

How badly does she need to go to her ex-boyfriend’s wedding?

Really, really badly—considering the bride in question is one of her lifelong best friends, afterall, and they both need to have their wedding graced by her presence. Obviously.

Jongin and Soojung deserve a nice wedding, and she’s going to be there for it. She inhales a deep breath before stepping into the passenger seat of the stranger’s car.

“Where to?”

153 miles from Busan, South Korea

His name is Oh Sehun and coincidentally, he’s going to the same wedding as she is. The car is sweltering from the heat of the summer sun, he’s from Seoul, the poor air conditioning systeming isn’t doing any good to battle the heat from outside, and he’s going for the groom. “Best friends,” he taps his fingers along to the foreign song on the radio, “more or less.”

Seulgi glances towards him and his eyes are focused on the road, black hair sweeping over his rather delicate features as not even a bead of sweat falls from his forehead. “More or less?” she asks. She sees him nod.

“Well,” he clears his throat, “Best friends.”

“That doesn’t necessarily answer the question.”

“And I don’t necessarily know you enough to be talking about my personal life with you.”

“You let me in your car.”

He looks over at her, “You looked like you needed the help.”

He shrugs.

She looks out the window. “Well.”

He raises an eyebrow.

She coughs. “Thanks.”

The two stay quiet for a few moments and Sunburn by Ed Sheeran starts playing, and she instinctively starts humming along. He’s like, “You have a pretty voice. You’re not the entertainment for their wedding, are you?”

She laughs at this. “No, of course not. I know the both of them.”

He nods slowly, “How?”

“I don’t necessarily know you enough to be talking about my personal life with you,” she says with a playful jilt in her voice. He laughs, and she figures that she likes the sound of it enough to want to hear it more. “Although, if it is bothering you, Soojung and I have been best friends for like… Ever. And well, Jongin and I dated, in college. And then we broke up and they dated. That’s that.”

He whistles, “So you were the girl in college? The one who always ate frozen yogurt with too many strawberries?”

She purses her lips, “That was Soojung.”

“And the three of you are still friends?”

“More or less.”

Sehun chuckles. She looks over at him and sees his lips twist into a grim smile. “I guess we both know what it’s like, then.”

They don’t bring it up again.

79 miles from Busan, South Korea

“So why are you riding with me instead of in your own car or something,” he asks, when they’re both tired of the stiff silence in the air between them, even with the soft, staticky buzz of Zion.T playing in the background, which she’d been humming along to for the past 30 minutes, at the very least.

Seulgi frowns and scuffs dirt off the back of her shoe in his car’s all-too-clean interior.

“I mean,” Sehun says as traffic gets heavier along the highway, ghosting his eyes over his face and down to her legs, appraising her. It should make her skin crawl, but it doesn’t. “You don’t exactly look broke.”

Her face flushes a deep shade of pink as she rubs the temples of her forehead. “The guy who was supposed to come with me to my wedding stole my car. So it was either walking or paying for a taxi, and well, obviously you know which option I chose.”

“Your boyfriend stole your car?” he looks shocked at first but grins at her soon enough, “You really need to hang out with better company, sweetheart.”

She scrunches her nose at this nickname, “First of all, don’t call me that. It’s weird. Second of all, he wasn’t my boyfriend. I just… Needed a date, so I found some guy off of the internet on Craigslist.”

“Me calling you sweetheart is weirder than you buying a date off of the internet?” he’s holding in a laugh, but he’s not doin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter