Growing Feelings

b r o k e n
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It didn't come as much of a surprise for him,

He'd known it for quiet a while yet chose not to acknowledge it, denying the hints, turning a blind eye to the hurtful truth.

But it was inevitable,


 

He thought of all the times it could have started, all the times he could have taken the hint. Was it during their encounters as trainees? Was it during their rehearsals? Bonding time with seniors? No, he couldn't have possibly been that blind. Was it during that brief time they drifted apart? Or the times where they were just too busy with individual schedules to hangout? Too scattered around to stay together? He wasn't sure.




 

"Sehun, Do you think something's up with Kai?" Suho being the first to notice, had asked him while they were out for coffee. Freezing his actions, he eyed the older.

"Huh? Not really, Why?" Lies.

"Its Just.., Forget it. It's probably nothing" Suho shook it off taking a sip of the hot beverage, sighing in content at its bitter taste.

The Leader's instincts weren't wrong, If the muffled conversations heard from the other end of the room late at night said anything.

Everything that has been going on with Kai lately has been questionable. The sudden disappearances of the said person at unusual timings made him feel anxious.

His thoughts were interrupted when Suho, having finished his coffee, announced that they should probably head back. Giving a slight nod of agreement, he abandoned the chocolaty goodness that had run cold somewhere in between. 




 

The sound of running water woke him up from his slumber. Lifting his head up, he blindly reached out in search of his phone, squinting at the blinding light shining on the screen.

2.47 am

Almost 2 hours since they got back from practice, Except for Kai. He had stayed behind agreeing to join them later on.

Guess he's back..


 

Pushing his phone back into the pillow, he rolled over to the side trying to lift his body up. The sound of the doorknob turning made him freeze and instinctively lay back down.

Sound of footsteps cut through the silence that surrounded the room. Eyes closed, He stiffened in place, unable to react naturally. The creak of the drawers stopped, leaving the room in sudden silence, except for the occasional hum of the air conditioner. He willed himself not to open his eyes, He was guilty of nothing yet he found himself unable to acknowledge the other. The footsteps resumed, moving closer towards the edge of his bed.

The sheets were lifted off his legs, until they draped over his shoulders the next second, engulfing his body in warmth. Eyes closed, he held his breath when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter