Explanations for a Price

Deviled Eggs for Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook wished everything that was happening to him right now was just a dream—that it was just a horrible nightmare he hoped he would wake up from.

He didn't know what had he done to deserve this. Sure, he would be sometimes lazy, but everyone deserved to be lazy too! And even though he wouldn't study Math, with the reason that he absolutely abhorred it, didn't mean he deserved to suffer like this. Just because he would whine and act childish also couldn't and wouldn't justify the fact that he now felt like he was being punished severely with a hard slap on the .

Why was he subjected to such torture? Most importantly, why was life so unfair that it decided to give him a handsome horribly annoying demon as his guardian devil?

Said guardian demon just curiously looked at the human who was now banging his head on the table. He didn't understand why humans were so weird—did they really think that by banging their heads on a table could solve their problems?

Humans were really strange and bizzare, Kyuhyun decided.

"Um, human?" The taller man concernedly prompted when Ryeowook didn't cease his actions and groans. "Are you now done? Because I'm hungry. And you're going to have a huge bump on your forehead if you don't stop that."

However, the smaller man just ignored the question and Kyuhyun's presence altogether; making Kyuhyun pout childishly with a harrumph. He didn't like it when he was being ignored and Ryeowook really should stop or else the smaller man would pass out again.

And although Ryeowook looked angelic while he was asleep (or passed out, the demon reminded himself), Kyuhyun still hated carrying unconscious people on his arms because his imaginary biceps and muscles refused to cooperate with him.

"You're so mean!" The black-haired demon whined like a little child; Ryeowook finally stopping on abusing his forehead as he registered Kyuhyun's loud voice. "I'm being all friendly here and explaining everything to you and yet you ignore me! I'm going to tell your umma because you're being a bully!"

And Ryeowook blinked once, twice, before he sighed remorsefully and buried his head on his hands.

(He would deny he did that just to avoid looking at Kyuhyun's adorable but still handsome pout.)

"Oh, for Pete's sake, why am I suddenly stuck with lunatics," the human bemoaned as he sniffed. "But maybe I'm the madman now and I'm just hallucinating that a demon is in front of me. Yeah... That must be it."

"Hey! I'm real! I'm perfectly here, why won't you believe me?! My friends in Hell aren't as mean as you!"

"Because who in their right mind would accept that a demon suddenly would claim that he is their guardian demon?! And go back to Hell if you miss them so damn much!" The human screamed in severe irritation towards the other. The taller man just looked taken aback at the loud outburst before he pouted once more.

"I told you already, Satan sent me here." Kyuhyun protested as his eyes suddenly watered. "And you're my friend now; why won't you accept me? Better yet, why won't you listen to me?"

Ryeowook suddenly felt bad for the demon even though the both of them were already on the verge of crying. In all reality, he didn't expect that the man in front of him was just as childish as he was; probably because Kyuhyun really looked manly and hot when Ryeowook first laid his eyes on him. And now, as luck would have it, Kyuhyun was actually just a childish softie with streaks of manliness here and there.

(But he was still annoying, Ryeowook reminded himself.)

"Okay, let's both talk about this like mature adults," The human calmly said, although he soon snorted because there was no way Kyuhyun could be considered mature. "Can you repeat that again? The explanation, I mean, from the start?"

Kyuhyun pouted childishly as he crossed his arms across his chest. "Are you not listening? You're wasting my efforts and that's not fair!"

"Yes, because I can't still believe I have a bothersome devil that won't leave me the hell alone."

"Huh, for all I know you didn't listen to me because you're too busy staring at me."

And the both of them soon started to fight again; showing just how 'mature' they really were.

"I know I'm handsome, but your eyes might catch on fire if you stare at my face too much." Kyuhyun chirped out happily; all too amused that Ryeowook seemed to get comfortable with him right now. He would admit, getting the human comfy and not scared with him really made butterflies flutter in his stomach.

"You wish," Said human scoffed in incredulity at Kyuhyun's words and the madness of the whole situation he suddenly was in. "As if your crater face is too handsome to stare at."

"Uh, I mean it quite literally. Since I'm a demon of bad luck, your eyes can literally catch on fire."

And Kyuhyun and Ryeowook just screamed in alarm as the smell of something burning wafted throughout the room.

--

Kyuhyun sighed worriedly as he patted the ice pack above Ryeowook's closed eyes as if he was just petting a puppy. He really didn't mean it, as he already explained to the disgruntled human for over a hundred times, because he was just truly a demon of bad luck. Fortunately, Ryeowook finally accepted his sorry when he gave the human his infamous puppy dog eyes (or at least that was what his demon friends told him would work in his favors).

"Maybe you could start explaining by telling me what the hell do you mean by 'demon of bad luck'?" The brown-haired man asked as he slightly relaxed on the carpeted floor; secretly enjoying the feeling of Kyuhyun's warm fngers over his eyes and the ice pack. Of course, it felt really nice, and Ryeowook definitely didn't just imagine what other wonders Kyuhyun's long fingers could do to his body.

(You're just hallucinating.)

The demon giggled, (he freaking giggled cutely, Ryeowook's heart seemed to say with a squeal). "Well, like I said, I'm a demon of bad luck—that means I bring ill fortune to the human I am assigned to. Of course there are other types of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter