Prologue: Park Chanyeol

Flower Bud Love

"Flower Bud Love?"

 

He looks at the script again and it remained unchanged. The three words still glaring back at him.

 

"You know I can refuse this, right?" he asked the shorter male in front of him. 

 

"I know you won't." he answered confidently. The smile on his lips was playful and mischievous. No one would be able to guess that he's already in his late 20's with how young he really looks.

 

"Hyung~" he whined. "You know I don't do projects like this." he reminded the other.

 

"You did Written On The Heart. Or did you forget about that, Yeol?"

 

How can he? When his debut movie made him the actor that he is now. He turned into a bigshot from a no name overnight. Written On The Heart was such a huge hit that everyone had a hard time believing that the main actor was a mere 14 year old boy with an equally young director at the age of 24.

 

"Minseok-hyung~" he whined again. "Can't you cast another actor?"

 

"You know I cast based purely on my instinct, Yeol. And I don't have a plan to change any time soon." he replied confidently. It was true. He's an oddball like that. 

 

Kim Minseok. One of the youngest and most successful directors in the film industry doesn't care about someone's achievements or record when casting actors in his film. He casted a no name actor before, who has been in the industry for five years already, who acted as an extra all his life and made him the main. Hell! He even casted a 14 year old (him) as the main, while making a well known actor as a supporting character.

 

But no one can question his choices because all of his releases had been hits. He's responsible for the sudden popularity of certain actors in the industry. Most especially, he created the trend of making a love story based on a flower bud love. 

 

Written On The Heart was a bit different since it's a story of fate being playful towards soulmates but the concept is there. That they have loved each other before both their marks fully appeared.

 

"I suppose you already chose my partner then?" he asked.

 

"Your partner?" There was a hearty laugh and the young actor realized his wrong choice of words. "Last time I checked, you haven't given me the yes." Minseok teased.

 

"Like you said, I can't really refuse you." he said in surrender. He can stretch this for as long as he wants but he knows Minseok always prevails. Always.

 

"Not can't, it's just you won't." Minseok corrected.

 

"When did I ever win?" he replied exasperated.

 

"Oh, come on, you big oaf. It has been three years since Written On The Heart." Minseok smiled. "And yes, I already picked your partner. But before that..."

 

Minseok rummaged a bit from his briefcase to retrieve a contract, well it isn't anything like the real official contract. It's just sort of an agreement between them. Minseok's themes can be very odd so he always do make the actors sign an agreement with him before they can fully read the script. A sure way to corner actors in case they suddenly get cold feet after reading what Minseok has in store for them.

 

For someone already used to Minseok's antics though, he just sighed as he signed. Whether he see the script or not beforehand, Minseok will still get him casted either way. No use fighting a losing battle. He'll only waste his energy.

 

He signed over his stage name: Lee Yeol. As a rule, unclaimed actors, or actors below the age of 18, is covered by a law that protects their real names from the public, not even the directors or staff know the actors' real names until they turn 18 and found their own mates. It would be a huge trouble otherwise. It isn't uncommon for crazy fans to get their idol's name tattooed on their chest afterall. 

 

Once he was done, Minseok handed to him the script.

 

He thought that this would be just another project. Just another hit for Minseok. Just another movie. But as he flipped the first page, the part of the script where the characters are described, his heart rate picked up as he stared at the name of his character: Park Chanyeol.

 

---------------------------------

Akira: To anyone wondering, yes. Kim Minseok here is our very own Kim Minseok from Written On The Heart *wink* *wink*

 

MULTICHAP!!! SAVE MY SOUL!!!

 

*hides for all eternity*