To Joke Or Not To Joke

To Joke Or Not To Joke

Those times he 'jokingly' held his hand, all those back hugs, any lingering touch he left was a hint to the boy. He was to shy to admit it to his face, so he just left hints. Putting his arm around him, leaning his head on him. In the end, Hongbin believed his hyung thought he did it for the cameras, and he was getting nowhere.

But when N joked with them about a scandal of them holding hands Hongbin's heart almost beat out of his chest. Especially when the next thing he asked was what their relationship was. He played along though and watched as Ken played along too. Hongbin saying they went through a separation and Ken acting like he was with N instead. It shouldn't have made his heart sink, because this was a joke it was for the cameras, but when Ken pretended to like N, Hongbin's heart fell into his stomach. He played along though, he kept his smile, and even pulled a signature creepy face when N said he liked him. That's when he left though, he didn't want to hear anymore, even if it was a joke.

Even months later that still stuck in his mind. Even months later that still hurt his heart. It hurt more now because the one person he wanted seemed to want someone else. Ken and N had been hanging out a lot, and though he had no room to be, he was jealous. It didn't stop him though, he continued to drop hints, but whenever Ken would casually bring N into their conversation or call N over to where they were Hongbin would become cold and his responses short.

But that jealousy was especially bothering him right now. They had just finished up practicing the dance for their next comeback "Hyde" and N and Ken were talking alone. N would his arm sometimes and Ken would smile at him and Hongbin's stomach churned in anger. He wanted to tear him away from N and declare him his, but the rest of the members might give him looks if he started macking on Ken.

Finally he decided he couldn't watch them anymore, and he got up to leave the practice room like Leo already had.

"Wait, Hongbin-ah!" He heard Ken yell getting up and heading towards him.

Hongbin stopped and turned his way, putting on a forced smile.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Ken asked.

Hongbin nodded, "Sure hyung"

Ken smiled and grabbed Hongbin's wrist and led him out of the room.

Hongbin didn't know where they were going, but he didn't care because no matter how many time Ken grabbed his wrist it wouldn't fail to make his heart flutter. Ken led them to their dorm and then to Ken's room and closed the door. That's when Hongbin decided, no matter what he was brought here for, he was going to confess to Ken today.

"I have something to tell you" Ken started.

"I do too" Hongbin announced.

"Oh?" Ken sang, "Is Binnie in love?" He placed a fist under his chin acting overly interested.

"You'll find out, you go first" Hongbin chuckled.

"I..." Ken began, "Lost that Park Hyo Shin CD you lent me"

"What?!" Hongbin almost yelled.

"It's in here somewhere I know it, help me find it?" Ken asked.

"Of course I'll help find it, that one is signed by him, he gave it to me personally!" Hongbin exclaimed and started searching.

"I'm sorry Binnie, if we can't find it I'll make it up to you I promise" Ken told him and began searching as well.

They had been searching for a while when Ken finally spoke up.

"So, what did you want to tell me?" He asked.

"A-ha" Hongbin laughed, "It's not super important, I'll tell you when we find the CD"

"But now I'm curious" Ken pouted and Hongbin could just see the pout on Ken's face.

"You can wait hyung" Hongbin replied and turned around to continue searching.

When he turned around he was face to face with a pouting Ken and how close they were had Hongbin's heart starting to leap out of his chest.

"But Binnie~" Ken pouted more and closed his eyes whining.

That's when Hongbin grabbed Ken's face in his hands and brought their lips together. He screwed his eyes shut as he did it, too afraid of what Ken's reaction might be. He pulled away and looked at Ken's shocked expression.

"That's what I wanted to tell you" He said and waited for Ken to say something.

"Hongbin I didn't know you felt that way towards me" Ken finally spoke up.

"I'm always dropping hints, but with how you act with N I understand if you reject me" Hongbin told him and stood up.

It was quiet as Hongbin began to look through things on Ken's dresser. Ken then reached over Hongbin pressing into him as he pulled the signed CD off a shelf above the dresser. He put the CD in Hongbin's hand then wrapped his arms around him.

"I never lost it" Ken told him, "I was going to confess today, but I chickened out"

"But what about you and N?" Hongbin asked confused trying to look at him.

"N was the only one who knew I was gay" Ken awkwardly laughed, "Gay men can spot eachother half the time"

"Wait what?" Hongbin asked turning himself around.

Ken covered his mouth his eyes widening, "I've said too much"

"N is gay?" Hongbin asked trying not to yell as they both knew Leo was in his room next door.

"Don't let him know I told you" Ken whispered, "But it was kind of obvious"

"Yea, you're right" Hongbin replied, "So, are we..."

"Dating?" Ken asked, "You tell me" 

In one quick movement Ken placed his lips to Hongbin's and they both smiled into the kiss.