1/1

Loving you isn't an Error.

Hong Bin was Taek Woon’s pride. The best Robot he ever created. It was so perfect that Taek Woon himself forgot he was a robot, and grew used to his human side. “Stop working now. I made you food.”  Hong Bin looked up from the robot he helped Taek Woon on fixing before looking at the food in the plat.

Hong Bin didn’t have the power of taste or smell, but still he acted normal as he ate the food given to him. “I’ll join you soon.” Hong Bin looked down to his small piece of technology. “I have to finish this before I forget.” Taek Woon nearly scoffed since Hong Bin never forgets but he never voiced that. He stood there waiting for Hong Bin until the man finished and stood to pick the plate from the man’s hands. “Thank you. Did you see the doctor today?”

As Hong Bin led him to the dining table, Taek Woon absently nodded, avoiding the answer. “I just got in, and made food. Eat while it’s still warm.” Hong Bin smiled holding Taek Woon’s hand. The affection the robot was genuinely sincere and it made Taek Woon’s heart melt at that. “How was your day?”

“Busy. I worked on the robot and I cleaned some mess.” Hong Bin paused suddenly. “I found a half done robot of you. Did you make it before me?”

“I just tried to make you a friend… if ever I’m no longer here.” Hong Bin frowned at that but said nothing. Taek Woon caught the frown. “Anyway, eat.”

Hong Bin ate, still holding on Taek Woon’s hand, until they finished and he pulled the man to the bedroom, falling there with Taek Woon above him. He secured the hold on the man’s waist and smiled as he observed Taek Woon caress his face. His synthetic skin is very sensitive and allows him to feel when something touches it, and right then it did make him sense Taek Woon hands. “You are so beautiful.”

“Am I?” Hong Bin teased back, capturing Taek Woon’s lips in a kiss as his hands wondered in the man’s back. The kiss didn’t last long because a fit of coughs caught Taek Woon and he had to breathe through oxygen mask. “What did the doctor tell you, Taek Woon?”

“Just asthma.” Taek Woon said as he pushed the oxygen mask away but Hong Bin pushed it back. The man pushed it again once he could breathe normally. “I’m sorry; he said the crisis will show up often.”

“Did he give you medicines?” Taek Woon nodded. “The same as usual?” As the man nodded, Hong Bin sat up to fix the bed and helped Taek Woon to sleep in. “Stay in this bed for a while.”

“But I have a lot of job to do…” Taek Woon’s protest died in a kiss and he nodded as Hong Bin parted away.

“I’ll try to make the most of it.” When he went to fixing the robots, and gadgets, the glorious half-done robot in the prototypes room tickled Hong Bin mind and he started it off too. By the time Taek Woon woke up, Hong Bin had done most of the job, so he rushed to hide the robot, hoping to surprise him someday.

The days went by, while Hong Bin dedicating a small amount of time for Taek Woon robot, the man was falling sicker with time, having hard time to live without the oxygen mask on.  It worried the robot beyond his understanding’s limit.

“Taek Woon, we need to talk.” Taek Woon looked up from his task and looked at Hong Bin who seemed shaking. A sign that he did lose control of his emotion’s sensor, as if he felt a pressure. Hong Bin sat in front of the man who seemed nervous. “I want to know the truth. What is your real sickness?”

“Hong Bin…” Taek Woon stood to object but he felt dizzy and had to sit again.

“Taek Woon!” Hong Bin rushed to take Taek Woon to the bed. “Taek Woon please…”

“I’ve saved all our memories together, in video, for you to remember every day.” Taek Woon’s sad tone made Hong Bin sit by the man’s side in the bed. “You will remember me, right?”

“What is going on?” Hong Bin’s eyes got filled with tears, something Taek Woon thought was part of the human side he wanted in the robot. “What is happening to you?”

“I’m dying, Hong Bin.” Hong Bin’s expression froze before he chuckled.

“You are kidding, right? Stop teasing me, Taek Woon.” Taek Woon smiled at it, shedding tears. “I know you overreact most of the time, but this isn’t funny.”

“I’m sorry.” Taek Woon held Hong Bin’s hand and pulled it closer. “Do you know the robot that looks like me?” Hong Bin nodded. “I made it for you, because I feared you will be alone when I’m not around.”

“You are going nowhere, baby.” Hong Bin leaned to kiss Taek Woon’s head. “You will heal and we will go in a date like the last time. It had been a while.”

Taek Woon nodded, his tears doubling as Hong Bin forced the smile out. “I love you, Hong Bin.”

“I love you too and so much.” Hong Bin left the hand and looked toward the kitchen. “Do you want me to make you something?” He looked at the lifeless body by his side. “Taek Woon?” He took the man’s hand only to feel no pulse. “Taek Woon? Wake up, Taek Woon! Taek Woon! Please! Taek Woon.” His eyes didn’t stop shedding painful tears, something his system never did before, for three days. They dispatched the body and buried him away while Hong Bin was abandoned in Taek Woon’s lab.

Hong Bin truly thought of ending himself and turning his body into tiny pieces but he didn’t find the strength to. He was Taek Woon’s creation; he couldn’t destroy what Taek Woon created. He looked at the almost finished robot, which had Taek Woon’s face, and sat up, from his spot, sniffing.

“You wanted it to be with me… and I want you back, Taek Woon.” Hong Bin finished the robot in few days and nearly finished it, when he noticed that even , the robot had no life. “How can I make you be my Taek Woon?” He nearly gave up, leaving the robot in the lab and fell on the man’s bed when he noticed that under the pillow something made a sound.

He found a cd, written on it “Taek Woon’s memories” He rushed to put in the computer and pulled the robot, which walked almost weirdly, and made it sit. He connected it with the computer with a head mask as he added the memories. Once it was uploading, Hong Bin sat back, nervous, waiting, and expecting. “Taek Woon ah… please, come back.”

The upload ended and Hong Bin took off the head mask, then stepped back as the robot… Taek Woon looked at him with a confused expression. He stood there waiting for a reaction when Taek Woon hugged. “Oh my god! Hong Binnie… I’m here. I’m here.” Hong Bin cried his heart out, as he hugged Taek Woon, even if he didn’t have tears for that, he cried his pain, his loneliness, his fears. “Don’t cry.”

“I missed you.” Hong Bin said with a smile as he and Taek Woon parted. They sat in the small bed made for Hong Bin and locked hands, smiling to each other. “You are still as beautifully shy as before.”

“I’m shy?” Taek Woon asked him worriedly. “I thought I’m pretty open with you…After all, we made love often.” It is true that Hong Bin topped Taek Woon often, wrecking the man to deep pleasure but Taek Woon was always shy around him.

“You are.” Hong Bin and Taek Woon chuckled and spend the day like that, talking while looking at each other. Hong Bin would never feel tired of that and he even enjoyed it.

Suddenly, men of authority got it, since they got the permission to interfere if the law is broken. “Grab the new robot.” One grabbed Hong Bin who struggled with three took Taek Woon on his knee while one connected his system with a device.

“No! Let him go!” Hong Bin saw the word illegal flash in the device and he knew that they will take Taek Woon away from him so he fought the best he could until he managed to help Taek Woon on fighting the rest. “Let’s go.” He held Taek Woon’s hand and pulled him to the secured lab. “We are safe here but…”

“They will end up bringing backup and take me away… right?” Taek Woon faced him with tears and Hong Bin kissed him, with passion, before parting away. “Kill me, Hong Bin.” Hong Bin wanted to object but Taek Woon stopped him. “I want to die in your arms. I always wanted it. This is why I never wanted to go to the hospital for my illness.” Taek Woon held him closer. “I love you so much…”

“Then let’s die together.” Taek Woon was shocked to hear him saying so. “I won’t live without you.” Hong Bin led him to a construction table, where he set it on turning them both into one item. “What item do you want us to be?”  

Taek Woon went to the panel next to Hong Bin and wrote: One heart.

Hong Bin and Taek Woon shared a look as they laid in the table, both facing each other as laser tools cut down their parts. “I love you.” Taek Woon mumbled as he shed one last tears and Hong Bin smiled to that before blacking out forever.

When the door opened again, the authority couldn’t find the robots but only one red beating mechanical heart in a white table, which wasn’t what they looked for. They left the lab with everything in it resting in peace forever.”