Chapter 1: Start of Something New

High School Musical (Seventeen Edition)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Helloooo~ This is the first chapter for the Seventeen edition of High School Musical! This story will be in the present tense and yes, I'll be naming all the chapters based on all the High School Musical songs. Take note that I will only be using certain HSM songs. That's all from me and don't forget to suscribe to me and this fic for updates of this story. Thank you~


"That's it, son! Now break it left!"

"Like this, Dad?"

"That's my boy, Cheolie! I want to see that in the game, you understand me, son?"

"Haha, of course, Dad! Don't worry about us, we definitely bag the win like we always do."

It is New Year's Eve in the land of Seoul, and the last night of vacation. The ski lodge of Star Hill Resort is alive with excitement as the inhabitants enjoy the festivities. Choi Seungcheol and his family from Daegu spent their winter vacation enjoying their stay in there, a good distance from the school Seungcheol attends, Pledis High School. From what seemed to be a last night hogging the lodge's gym for basketball practice with his coach father, his mother got him and his older brother down to the lounge for the New Year's Eve party.

 

With his older brother nowhere to be seen now, the black-haired boy aimlessly walks around as he greets the partygoers, his mind dwelling on his pratice earlier with his father. Seongcheol is the school's basketball team Pledis Boyz's captain and as strict as his father with his teammates but because of that, Pledis Boyz is well-known for having excellent teamwork.

 

As Seungcheol grabs a glass of fruit punch, he thinks of his fellow teammates and friends outside of the team. He smiles. No other people can compare to the kind of friends his has. He sighs, a small silly grin appearing on his features. He missed his best friends, wondering what they are up to at this moment as he fiddles with the glass in his hands. He then looks around, trying to find somebody interesting to talk to.

 

Meanwhile, at another spot in the lounge, another boy with past shoulder-length strawberry blonde hair and soft angelic features is there, sitting on a beanbag. Yoon Jeonghan stares into the selfie cam of his phone as he checks his face and grimaces. Urgh, his sister pranked him into wearing rose-tinted lip balm again. He runs his long slender fingers through his hair, feeling the silkiness of it. Jeonghan is not really fond of his sister's shampoo and conditioner recommendations but he has to admit, this product is actually comfortable and smooth.


Locking his phone, Jeonghan stares at the crowd in front of him. From what he could be doing now which is a little reading and listening to his favourite songs, his books were taken away and was forced to go 'mingle' around in the party. He got his hair pulled in all directions by his mother and sister to achieve the perfect hairstyle only to leave it loose in the end, powdered in make-up only to have it off save for the tinted lip balm and got him into various outfits because they think every one of them look 'absolutely divine' on him. Letting out another sigh, Jeonghan tries to find some peace in the noisy lounge.

 

"Hey. You're alone too?"

 

The blonde haired boy looks up in front of him. There stands Seungcheol, who went wandering around the crowd and came across Jeonghan, who somehow stuck out from the other partygoers. Jeonghan's lips curves into a shy sheepish smile at the other boy as he nods, gesturing him to take a seat on the beanbag beside him. Taking note of the invitation, Seungcheol proceeds to sit beside him. Before he can say a word, the host of the party's voice booms throughout the lounge.

 

"Alright~! That was awesome performance from Raina and Lizzy! How's that, people?" The crowd cheers in excitement, wanting more of the lively and turnt-up atmosphere. The host steps off the stage as two spotlights move around the crowd, the crowd anticipating the moment. The spotlights circle around for a few more seconds b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter