002 Hunhan

Things Just Happened

 

 

(not so) Neighbors!AU

 

Pairings : Hunhan

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan had always wanted a neighbor around his age. Most of the people living in his neighborhood are either the elderly people or kids around 5 years old and there is no in between. Minseok had neighbors of teenage boys around his age and they play soccer almost every single day. And Luhan is jealous. 

 

 

Couldn't his parents move to a neighborhood with more kids his age? It gets boring when all you can do in your free time is play soccer on your own or sit in front of the computer the whole day. Luhan doesn't really mind playing video games all day but sometimes he feels lonely. Sometimes Minseok and Yixing come over during the weekend for a sleepover but they are growing up and more tasks are given hence decreasing their time together.

 

The more reason to envy Minseok because that guy lives next to Yixing and they both can do homework together. Unlike Luhan who can only do it alone, without anyone else, in the cold empty room. Now Luhan regret not having a sibling.

 

So Luhan made a wish during Christmas Eve.

 

"Santa, please give me a neighbor my age. It doesn't matter if it is a guy or a girl. I just want somebody to talk to because I am desperately in need of a friend. Well, I have friends at school but this is different. I want someone to be there for me when my parents are arguing again, I need somebody who can help me with my homework, I need someone who can understand me. I need a neighbor."

 

(Minseok and Yixing snickers at the prayer because seriously, a teenage boy who still believes in Santa? Oh please. And seriously? A neighbor? Can't he wish for something else more logical? Free Wi-fi and Mac Book Air sounds more realistic)

 

 

 

 

But sometimes, we don't know how nature works.

It was 3 days after New year and Luhan found himself gaping at the definition of perfection standing in front of his room. The 'work-of-art' Luhan mentioned apparently has a name but the boy doesn't really pay attention. 

 

"Hi, I'm Sehun. I'm living right next to you now.  Your mother said that it's okay if I come up to your room. Is it okay with you?"

 

 

With a dumb nod, Luhan moved aside to let the guy in.

 

 

The guy, Sehun, flashed him a grateful smile before entering the bedroom with an awestruck face.

 

"Your room is huge!" Sehun had eyed every nook and cranny of the place. "Mine would only be one tenth of yours. This is so awesome! You play Wii too?"

 

And Luhan doesn't really know what happened after that as Sehun pulled him to play a round of Wii tennis game, continued with Mario Kart and Guitar Hero from his PlayStation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun IS what Luhan calls as God's miracle. The tall guy is incredibly generous as he often give Luhan stuff and food. He is probably the nicest person on earth, the smartest student he have ever met and possibly the most charming man in the universe. Oh Sehun doesn't lack anything as he is friendly, patient, and caring. Luhan thought that maybe he should have wished to Santa earlier and get this Oh Sehun quicker.

 

 

 

"Hyung!" Sehun shouted from the school corridor as he spotted Luhan from afar. The older male was too busy arranging the books in his locker to notice the incoming blonde.

 

 

As Luhan closed his locker shut, Sehun was already waiting with a blinding grin on his face.

"You scared me!"

 

 

"Gotcha," the younger smirked. "Wanna grab some ice cream after school?" 

 

Luhan really wants to go this time but he had to turn down the offer.

 

"I'm sorry I can't. My parents are having the cold war again. Makes me wonder why they can't be on good terms for only a week. One week." Luhan said exasperatedly.

 

 

Instead of looking dissapointed, Sehun offered a tiny smile of pity. With a pat on Luhan's shoulder he said, "If you want why don't you stay over at my place?"

 

 

Once again, Luhan rejected. Sehun is understanding as he stopped mentioning about it and offered to drop Luhan to his classes. High school for Luhan becomes more interesting when Sehun decided to go to the same school. Even though some girls will ogle shamelessly at the tall male, Sehun is polite enough to stop them from fangirling. Luhan doesn't want to admit that he is jealous but he is quite thankful that Sehun sticks to him like gum.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Right now Luhan wonders why he rejected Sehun's offer for a sleepover.

 

The house was a mess when he got home from school. Broken pieces of vase are everywhere. The coffee table was already upside down. The paintings in their house are on the floor. Luhan could still hear yelling and shouting from the second floor and this is the first time that his parents had gone too far with their fight.

 

 

And so Luhan left. He doesn't know where to go except for a certain house next to his.

 

 

Sehun doesn't look surprised to find Luhan standing right in front of his doors. Sehun's parents are also nice enough not to ask about anything. Luhan was led to Sehun's room while the taller never questioned anything.

It seems that the walls are paper thin as Luhan could still hear the quarreling next door.

 

 

 

"It is not your fault," Sehun whispered as he moved closer to Luhan's frozen state.

Again Luhan heard his name in the middle of his parents' confrontation.

 

 

"It is not your fault," Sehun repeated again, now standing mere centimetres away.

 

 

"It is my fault." Was Luhan's almost inaudible answer.

All Luhan's relatives had been judging. 

An unwanted child, the cursed child, the worst scenario. Luhan knew all the nicknames they had given to him. To think about it, his parents never really loved each other and would not have been married if it weren't for him. They still love him nonetheless but never really consider each other as husband and wife.

 

 

"Everything will be okay," Sehun had wrapped his long arms around Luhan's trembling body. The hug was warm, comfortable and Luhan doesn't want to face the reality and just stay in the boy's arm forever. Luhan hid his face in Sehun's shoulder and cried silently on his own.

 

 

"Just stay with me and everything will be fine."

 

Luhan believed him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

10 years later.

 

Luhan moved out right after he graduated high school, not wanting to be a burden anymore and Sehun did the same.

They found an apartment and decided to be roommate until one of them decided to leave. It was the last year of college that Luhan finally man-up and confessed to the younger male. He practically loved the man the moment they met and never expected his denial phase to be so long. Well, at least Sehun accepted him.

 

 

Luhan got home from work with an aching back. He now works as a financial consultant but doesn't really know what he is doing. As long as the company pays him good money, nothing will be the problem.

 

"Sehun, I'm home!"

 

 

Sehun was already waiting in the hallway of their mansion, hands crossed with a soft smile on his lips. "I was kinda hoping that you would run to me and we could be the main couple in those dramas you watch and hug till the end of time," Sehun mused.

 

 

"I thought you wouldn't pick on me anymore when we said 'I do' at the altar. Now you're being mean."

 

 

Sehun chuckled heartily and moved forward. "How's work?"

 

 

"Same as always. But I still like this job better. Your job ."

 

 

" It is not my fault my parents wanted me to be a doctor. Besides, I can see pretty nurses everyday."

 

 

 

Luhan gave the man a glare and Sehun laughed at his lover's expression.

 

"Come on, you know I am dedicated only for you and you are way prettier than any of them."

 

 

 

Luhan wanted to stay mad but how can he when the person he had relied on for the last 10 years was giving him the loving gaze that makes his heart melts. 

And like every other night, they shared a welcome-home kiss. It doesn't matter who got home first because at the end one of them will wait patiently for the other's return and the daily cycle will continue.