CHAPTER 1

Project Exo: The Awakening


CHAPTER ONE 



 

Someone's Point of View

 

My hands been shaking involuntarily for the last ten minutes and I’ve been having trouble breathing. The people around me has been busy ever since the machine connected to some guy started making weird alarming noises and everyone else is in a state of panic! Well that includes me—since I definitely have no idea what is happening and no one seems to have time to entertain me—given the current situation.   

 

“Charge me 700 joules” says the man in white to the other people crowding up on 

 

“WE CAN’T, we’ll lose him! That’s already above the level of electricity a body can take” a girl with a short blonde hair said. The doctor took of his mask and looked at her momentarily before he looked at the others. They all nodded in unison—except for blondie

 

“n-no, please… he’ll die, he won’t be able to take it—with the amount of drugs we’ve injected on him, it’ll only make it worse” the blonde girl protested but no one listened to her, instead she was dragged out of the room.

 

As soon as she was out, the man in white—who seems to be the one in charge for the whole operation, made his cue as he pressed some kind of machine in the bare chest of the guy and as he did, the guy sprang to his bed as the electricity coming out from the machine jolted into him.

 

“His levels are all fluctuating! Taeyeon was right, at this rate we’d really lose him—there has to be another way” says another girl, but the others didn’t reciprocate to her, instead the doctor did the same thing and as he did, the lines on the big screen went flat. They all remained silent as they looked upon each other, despair was evidently seen in their eyes. The girl who spoke earlier made her way out leaving the others behind.

 

“7th May, 23:45 year 2024—Test subject number 010, Code: T.A.O. of PROJECT EXO has fallen. His death was not in vain. That’s it for today, clean this mess” the man in charge said before he left the room. I was left with several other girls, there were 8 of us to be exact.

 

Two of the girls started taking off the wires and the tubes connected to the dead young man, as the other 3 made their way out pushing some sort of metal trolley—I just don’t know how to describe what it was that they we’re getting rid of in that room. One of the other girls started turning off the machines as soon as the tubes and wires were taken off. As she did, 2 of the girls placed the young man’s body inside a containment plastic wrap. The 3 girls who went out, came back with somewhat big metal depository boxes with ‘TOXIC’ written all over it.

 

“I am through in all of this—I just can’t keep on watching them they die” says the smallest among them, the tallest one eyed her as she hissed.

 

“They might hear you sunny, you know there’s nothing we can do” says the tall one

 

“So be it—I don’t care if I end up dying like Jessica, PROJECT EXO was not meant to be like this in the first place” after that Sunny took off her mask as she left the room too, 4 other girls went to her and console her. I heard sooyoung sigh as she exchanged glances with the 2 other girls with her.

 

“Let’s finish this up and call it a day, we still have a lot to do in the morning” Says sooyoung as they moved the plastic wrapped body of the young man to the depository box.

 

“I thought he’d be lasting longer… I-I mean, he made so much progress in the last tests I’ve run” the girl who mentioned ‘teayeon’ earlier said as tears started to brim out her eyes. She was still wearing her mask but I can clearly see the tears in her eyes, despite our distance.

 

“There’s no room for us to be emotional now seohyun” says the other girl who had a shade darker than the two of them

 

“After K.R.I.S and L.U.H.A.N’s deaths, I thought I can handle those who intend to follow the same path as theirs but—I have never been wrong in my entire life” The other girl enveloped her in a hug and pat her back several times

 

“Everything’s going to be okay…” the girl said, but somewhere along the line I knew that she did not meant what she said—there’s something telling me that there is nowhere near impossible that things will be okay for her—at the very least, for them.

 

They finished cleaning up and completely left the room and as soon as they did. Men in black appeared and brought the confining box with them. I followed the three girls as they walked in the hallways, left turn—right turn—they made so many turns that I already lost count. By now they should have noticed that someone is following them or is it they knew and they’re just not friendly.

 

At the end of this hallway was a big door. They stopped and a green light came out of nowhere scanning them from top to bottom—okay that was cool. But as soon as the door opened armed men were already waiting at the other side with big guns pointing at them.

 

INTRUDER ALERT!

­­­­­­­                                                                

A whaling sound started and the lights started to flicker in red as the armed men made their move.

 

“Put down your guns and tell us the situation” sooyoung told the armed men but they didn’t responded to her, instead they walked pass through them and silently walked closer to me. My heart started to beat faster as they were doing so. As if they can actually see me.

 

“This is Commander Choi Siwon reporting at level c5. There has been no sightings of the intruder” says the commander to his transmitter. He placed his hand in his ear as if he was listening to something.

 

“Are you certain?” he said in response to what he was hearing, and I can feel my heart palpitating because of the tension I’m feeling right now.

 

“excuse me, what’s happening?” asked the other girl with sooyoung

 

“none of your concern dr. kwon, and if I may suggest one thing, that is for you to leave this level at this instant.” He said with an icy stare, but the girl—dr. kwon didn’t even flinched.

 

“GO.” Dr kwon said to the commander—but she wasn’t looking at him, she’s looking at me. Which was the same thing that the other two doctors were doing. They were staring at me as if I was or something. I started running and as soon as I did, I heard 2 of the doctors shrieked.

 

“DON’T LOOK BACK!” I heard one of the girls say. I ran faster that I can almost feel sole of my feet burning up with its contact to the floor. Maybe the reason why the 3 of them made a lot of turns earlier was somehow to create a diversion and lead those armed men elsewhere before they can get a hold of me…

 

But some things are not just adding up—for an instance, I don’t even know who I am, o-or why I’m here. All I know is that I was in that same room with those doctors and a dying—well dead patient and now I’m running like hell from armed men. Though, more importantly—I don’t even know what I am.

 

I was about to make another turn when I saw a guy standing at the other end of the hallway—he’s not wearing an armed guys attire and he’s not wearing a coat either, which means he’s also not a doctor nor part of the armed goons following me—not to mention he looked cute too—Aigoo now’s not the right time to be flirting. Ignore him… and so I did, but when I do, he appeared right in front of me

 

“You wouldn’t want running that way—they’ll catch up on you” he said as he flashed a smile at me and before I can even answer him, he held my hand and as he did, I felt a shiver in my entire body.

 

“Now don’t get too excited, cause the fun part’s about to happen” he wasn’t letting go of my hand and the armed men are already in sight, I’m already starting to feel panic—cause come on, how can we outrun them with those guns! Those doctors earlier were already generous enough to buy me some time, now this pretty boy right here completely ruined everything!

 

“3…2…1… don’t close your eyes” the pretty boy whispered to me, and as he did—I did the exact opposite.

 

“I told you, not to close your eyes—stubborn as always aren’t we?” he said in dismay as he let go of my hand.

 

“Do you know me?” I asked nervously with my eyes still close

 

“Yes… and you can open your eyes now”

 

“Why? So I can see guns pointing at me? NO WAY” I said with my eyes firmly shut, after that I heard him chuckled—he chuckled for pete’s sake? We’re about to die at this moment and he chuckles?

 

“The only guns, you’ll see in here are my guns” he said—as if he was trying to be y, which actually didn’t work by the way… I slowly opened my eyes and there was nothing but pitch black and him standing before me while showing off his toned muscles—okay that was nice.

 

“where are we?” I asked

 

In my thoughts” he said with a smile on his face.

 

“Who are you?” I asked nonchalantly

 

 

“KAI of PROJECT EXO

 

 



 

Third Person’s Point of view

 

“Now she shows up.” Sooyoung blatantly said to Seohyun and Yuri who were slowly picking themselves up from the floor.

 

“She only shows up when something bad happens—and when she does, she showers us with even more bad luck.” Yuri said as she wiped the dirt off her white coat.

 

“We need to tell the others, let’s go” Seohyun suggested, they exchanged stares before they walked to the other side of the building, which is also known C4 or as they call it the doctors lounge. Sooyoung, seohyun, yuri and as well as the other 5 other doctors are branded as the SNSD—a league of extraordinarily brilliant young doctors of S.M. Labs who are currently in charge of PROJECT EXO along with a team of 2 doctors who calls themselves TVXQ.

 

S.M. Labs is composed of 4 floors. The 1st floor is for the offices, and where the guests are usually taken in, this is also where they showcase their newly invented products, though the remaining 3 floors under are restricted to the staffs and personnel of the S.M. labs. The 2nd floor which was labeled as Floor A is for the IT works and Biometrics—this is where all the techy stuffs are stored. The 3rd floor which is labeled as Floor B is where mostly of the experimentations are done to the regular test subjects. As for the 4th and last floor, which is called Floor C with mainly 4 different levels is where the heart of S.M. Labs is—or should we call it The ‘PROJECT EXO’. S.M. Labs are not particularly vocal about this certain project, yet they also have not kept it a secret to the world—a world which greatly opposes the project and S.M. Labs itself.

 

00:05, 8th May 2024 – Y.G. LABS

 

Meanwhile in Y.G. Labs

 

“We’ve retrieved their latest test subject, if we had arrived a second later we won’t be able to save him. He’s already slowly recovering—the girls are taking care of him” Top said in his transmitters as he looked back at the test subject they’ve retrieved from the waste site of S.M. Labs.

 

“Hey Top, tell that old man to stop making us run for his stupid errands.” G.D. said as he stormed out of the room.

 

“Man, I still don’t get why our old man’s so obsessed in charity work and oh by the way Bom asked me if we have a lead to where little Minzy is—those poor girls. We should already tell them that she’s gone for good” Teayang said, Top looked at him with displeased eyes.

 

“She’s not yet dead, and stop talking to Bom.” Top said before we walked towards G.D.s direction

 

“But we saw her body that night—Hey! Top, sooner or later they’ll know” Top didn’t reciprocated, instead he kept walking away. On the other hand, CL and dara performed another series of test to the unconscious—not dead young man.

 

“Just what is S.M. trying to do? Project Exo? Oh please, cut me some slack. They’re complete lunatics!” CL exclaimed, Dara smiled as she injected a serum to the young man

 

“At least they’re lucky enough to have us clean up their mess” says dara.

 

“But it still fazes me—I mean… each and every report of the test subjects we’ve retrieved says that they were dead. Does that not creep you out? Or is it because, there are people inside S.M. who are trying to somehow fake their death to save them—or does that not make any sense… okay you know what, I’ll just keep this to myself, you guys finish up…”Bom said.

 

“You guys wanna know what fazes me?” CL asked, and Dara and Bom nodded in unison

 

“Why do we even take measures to clean up their mess… why is our Old man ordering us to do so… I mean, we all know him. He’s not the type who minds other people’s business not to mention S.M.’s business” CL continued.

 

“So are you telling us… that this Project Exo is something big—probably bigger than all of us?” dara asks

 

Yes”

 


 

Misstearhues’ note:

 

This will be written in a ‘mysterious’’ person’s point of view and a third person point of view/narration. Let’s put it in a way that for now… I really don’t know who that mysterious person is and what her connection to project exo—cause I literally wrote this in a whim. You know when you’re suddenly so caught up in a moment you started scribbling words on your phone… and it somehow it turned out to be good

 

I don’t know if I’ll make her my own character or pick someone else… please halpppp me out hahahha, either ways, Please do support me, because as I am writing this, I also am studying a lot of appropriate terms to be used in this story hoho… THIS IS ALSO HEAVILLY INSPIRED BY 2NE1’s COME BACK HOME MV , THE FLASH and my younger sister’s diary entry for May 7 2016 (she was so mad when I read abt how she wanted to be a science person)—whutt hahah okay bye, see you next week!

 

Love lots, A.