1/1

Ex-Boyfriend Club

Sunggyu was in big trouble. Maybe not “in danger of dying” trouble, but possibly “losing my job” trouble. If the film production company he worked at as a producer for didn’t get a production job soon, then the CEO would have to declare bankruptcy and all those years Sunggyu put in this company would have gone to waste. He had spent the last few days trying to land the company a job, but it seemed that all their potential business deals had been snatched away by their many rival companies. Sunggyu stared at the awards and trophies lining the walls of the company office and let out a sad sigh. His thoughts went back to the past when their company was one of the top companies in the industry, winning awards left and right, actresses and actors begging to be a part of their movies. But that was all in the past, seemingly eons ago. Another sad sigh left Sunggyu as he buried his head into his arms. Perhaps he should start looking for another job. 

 

    “Sunggyu!” Sunggyu was snapped out of his reverie by the company’s only other remaining employee, Mijoo.

 

    “What is it?” Sunggyu was curious as to why Mijoo seemed like she had won the lottery. Perhaps she had.

 

    “The CEO just accepted a job! Have you ever heard of the webtoon “Boyfriend Buffalo”?” Sunggyu shook his head in response, and Mijoo excitedly ran over to the closest computer and opened the web browser. “I can’t believe you haven’t! It’s one of the most popular webtoons now, and I’ve been follow it for months!”

 

    Sunggyu stared at the page opened in front of him in amusement. What was with this writer’s username? “Mom-I’m-Sorry”?

 

    “What kind of comic is this?” Sunggyu read the description. “Who would want to read about a guy and his ex-boyfriends?” Sunggyu exclaimed incredulously.

 

    “This is popular because it’s something that people can relate to!” Mijoo looked Sunggyu up and down. “Well… anyone except you, I guess.”

 

    “Hey!” Sunggyu shouted. “I have lots of dating experience!”

 

    “Yeah right.”

 

    “Yah Lee Mijoo!” Mijoo only smirked in response.

 

    “Anyway, I have to go meet Nam Woohyun in order to settle the writer contract fees for turning his webtoon into a film. I’ll be back after lunch!” Sunggyu’s eyes widened when he heard the writer’s name.

 

    “W-who did you say the writer was?” Perhaps he didn’t hear right. Please let it be me not hearing the name right.

 

    “Nam Woohyun.” At that, Sunggyu immediately turned back to his computer and navigated to the webtoon writer’s profile, and there right smack dab in the middle of the page, was a picture of Nam Woohyun — his ex. 

 

    “Mijoo!” Mijoo flinched when Sunggyu suddenly grabbed his jacket from the back of his chair and ran past her towards the door. “I’ll go talk to Nam Woohyun! No need for you to go!”

 

    “But you don’t know even know which restaurant we’re meeting at!”

 

    “Text me!”

 

——

 

 

    Sunggyu sat in the restaurant (Mijoo had texted him the address) while nervously fidgeting with his the hem of his shirt. It has been so long (months) since he’d last seen Woohyun; he wouldn’t be surprised if the other didn’t remember him. Okay, so maybe he was being dramatic, but really, he wouldn’t put it past Woohyun to do something like that. Because, well, he was Woohyun.

 

    “Sunggyu?” Sunggyu immediately looked up from staring at his lap at the call of his name. “It is you! It’s been so long, how have you been?” Woohyun sat in the chair across from Sunggyu, all bright smiles and shining eyes — yep, the same old Woohyun.

 

    “I-I’ve been alright.” Sunggyu hated himself for stuttering. They were over each other. At least that’s what he was trying to tell himself constantly.

 

    “You still producing films?”

 

    “Yeah. That's why I’m here, actually. Mijoo… couldn’t make it, so I came instead to talk to you about the writer contract fees.”

 

 

——

 

    The next day, Sunggyu strolled into the company office, but stopped in his tracks when he saw three guys in the waiting area. He remembered telling Woohyun yesterday that it would probably be a good idea to get the permission of his exes to make his webtoon into a movie (though Sunggyu doesn’t think he had even asked them if he could draw a whole webtoon about them).

 

    (Sunggyu stayed up all night reading Woohyun’s webtoon, by the way. Just so he could be familiar with his work, since he was producing the movie after all. Not that he was curious or anything. Nope. And he was definitely not disappointed that he wasn’t in it. Maybe Woohyun didn’t get to him yet?)

 

    “I’m Lee Sungyeol! You're Sunggyu, the producer, right?” The first guy with wide eyes and a bright smile to go with it rushed up to Sunggyu and shook his hand enthusiastically.

 

    Lee Sungyeol, the monkey in the webtoon, seemed just as animated as Woohyun and portrayed him.

 

    Sunggyu returned Sungyeol’s greeting with a nod and a smile before moving on to the next ex-boyfriend. 

 

    “Hi, I’m Dongwoo. It’s nice to meet you.”

 

    Sunggyu remembered from Woohyun's webtoon that Dongwoo, the lion, was the one that was gentle, yet bold and stubborn when time called for it.

 

    After shaking Dongwoo’s hand, Sunggyu turned to the third one sitting on the couch. He eyed Sunggyu for a moment first, as if judging him, then simply said his name.

 

    “Myungsoo.”

 

    Myungsoo, the cat, was the quiet, mature one. And…

 

    … He was also Woohyun’s first love.

    Before Sunggyu could give an awkward greeting in response, Woohyun entered the little waiting area they were in. Sunggyu was about to say hello to the other, but Sungyeol beat him to it — by running into Woohyun and giving him a passionate kiss. At that, Sunggyu’s jaw dropped and he wouldn’t admit it, but his heart did too. However, Woohyun was quick to push Sungyeol away with a frown.

 

    “Stop it Sungyeol, you know we broke up, right?”

 

    “So? Doesn’t stop me from trying to get you back.”

 

    “Just—“ Woohyun sighed, “don’t, okay?”

 

    “Sure, sure, whatever.” Something told Sunggyu that Sungyeol just liked teasing Woohyun (luckily).

 

    “Anyway,” Woohyun started, “I called you all here today because I wanted your approval to turn my webtoon into a movie.” 

 

    Sungyeol was the first to speak up, “And our answer is no, okay bye!” At that, Sungyeol got up to leave, but Woohyun stopped him by grabbing his arm.

 

    “I’ll let you be in the film, Yeol.” Woohyun said, but could feel Sunggyu’s questioning glare from the corner of his gaze. Woohyun knew he really didn’t have a say in who would be acting in the film, but this was the only way that he could convince Sungyeol.

 

    “REALLY?” Sunggyu was kind of taken aback by the apparent 180 degree change in Sungyeol’s attitude. “Okay let’s do this!” Sungyeol then turned around and began to actively persuade the other two in saying yes to the film.

 

    Woohyun secretly sent Sunggyu a thumbs up sign, and Sunggyu could only roll his eyes in response.

 

——

 

    Later that day, Sunggyu was sitting with Woohyun’s three other exes at Myungsoo’s restaurant (which serves good food, Sunggyu would hate to admit) in order to celebrate the start of the film production. Woohyun had gone to the convenience store down the road to get some more beer for the 5 of them, even though they were all already a bit tipsy. The three others were fighting over who was the best girlfriend to Woohyun, and talking about cute things they did together while completely ignoring Sunggyu, when Sunggyu couldn’t take it anymore and slammed his glass down.

 

    “I’m his ex too you know!” Sunggyu shakily pointed at the other three. “Don’t leave me out!”

 

    “You dated Woohyun too?” Sungyeol asked with wide eyes, and Sunggyu smiled, nodding while swaying a bit in his seat. Maybe he was just a tad bit beyond tipsy. Just then, Woohyun came back with a 6 pack of beer.

 

    “What were you talking about?”

 

    “About what happens after the webtoon ends!” Sunggyu giggled and hit Woohyun’s shoulder playfully as the other sat down beside him.

 

    “What do you mean?” Woohyun looked genuinely confused, but Sunggyu was a bit too tipsy to register that.

 

    “There's one more boyfriend after the Lion!” 

 

    “Who?”

 

    “Me.”

 

    Woohyun only blinked in response, and Sunggyu’s bright smile faded and eventually turned int o a frown.

 

    “The Cat, then Monkey, then Lion…. there’s nothing after that?” Sunggyu asked.

 

    “These three,” Woohyun pointed around the table to his three exes, “are the only ones I’ve dated.”

 

    There was a grand total of three seconds of silence before Sunggyu slammed his hands onto the table and stood up, storming out of the restaurant.

 

    Sunggyu was angry, confused, and so ing embarrassed. And he was definitely sober now.

 

    “WAIT!” 

 

    Sunggyu sped up as he heard Woohyun calling his name behind him, and even broke out into a run, but unfortunately the other was far more athletic. Before long, Sunggyu felt Woohyun grab onto his wrist to stop him and turn him around. Sunggyu waited for Woohyun to say something, but the other could only stare at the ground in silence, not sure about what to say. Sunggyu just scoffed and tore his wrist away from Woohyun's grip, only to have the other stop him from running away once again.

 

    "Look, I'm sorry okay. I know, I'm dense—“

 

    "Dense is an understatement.” Sunggyu scoffed.

 

    "Okay fine, but what's wrong with us not having dated? We're still good friends, right?”

 

    “No.” Sunggyu walked away, trying to get the image of the hurt look on Woohyun’s face out of his head.

 

——

 

    The next day, Sunggyu was working on some administrative things relating to the film on Woohyun’s webtoon when Dongwoo appeared at the office. Sunggyu greeted him, confused, because Sungyeol did indeed manage to convince both Dongwoo and Myungsoo to let them do the film yesterday, so what was Dongwoo doing here at the office?

 

    “Hello, Sunggyu? You’re the producer right?” Dongwoo asked with a kind smile (Sunggyu could only hope that it was a real smile. Lions can be vicious).

 

    “Ah, yes. And you’re Dongwoo, one of Woohyun’s exes?” Sunggyu internally cringed at that awkward phrasing, but Dongwoo fell into a fit of laughter.

 

    “Please don’t refer to me as that again, I don’t want to remember dating someone like Nam Woohyun.” Dongwoo said with a shudder. Sunggyu could only laugh awkwardly in response. Hopefully Dongwoo didn’t pick up on his hesitancy, but luckily the other was still distracted in his fit of giggles.

 

    “Anyway, I came here because I wanted to ask if you had found a sponsor for the film yet?” Dongwoo asked.

 

    “Ah, we’re still working on that actually. It’s a bit hard when your company doesn’t really have a high reputation anymore…” Sunggyu replied with a frown on his face. He missed the past where their company was the one who had to make the decisions of which sponsor to make a deal with, and not the other way around. 

 

    “Oh, then that’s great!” Dongwoo exclaimed. “I managed to convince the CEO of my company to invest in this film!”

 

    Sunggyu raised his eyebrows at that. He did remembering reading in the webtoon that Dongwoo worked at a high position in a large electronics company.

 

    “Really?”

 

    “Yeah! And guess what? The CEO said that Director Lee Howon was a close friend of his, so he’ll try to talk him into directing this film!” Dongwoo jumped up and down excitedly, and Sunggyu had to smile at that because even though Dongwoo was one of Woohyun’s exes, he kind of liked the other’s presence and it seemed like they could be good friends.

 

    “Wait, the Director Lee Howon?” As in the one that has won multiple major awards in the Korean film scene the past few years?

 

    Dongwoo nodded enthusiastically.

 

    “Then, yes! We’d love for your company to sponsor the film!” Well, it really wasn’t Sunggyu’s place to agree, but hey, this was Director Lee Howon you were talking about.

 

——

 

    Sunggyu could tell that Woohyun didn’t like Howon very much, if the glare he was shooting in the director’s direction was anything to go by. But why, Sunggyu didn’t know, and didn’t want to find out either. He just summed it up to be Woohyun being childish about something again, since the two had just met a week ago. Sunggyu, Woohyun, Howon, and Dongwoo were sitting in the film company’s office and were working out logistics for the film, and Sunggyu had to admit that it was nice having more people working at the office again. It made things more lively. However, things were probably a bit more hectic than Sunggyu would like, because in the week that they had been working on the film project, all Woohyun and Howon have been doing was throwing snide comments and insults at each other. And there has been literal throwing of things alright. Yes, Sunggyu was talking about papers, pencils, erasers, and he thinks there was even a stapler once. It doesn’t help that he was sitting between the two, and every time he tried to move to a quieter and less…. dangerous place, Woohyun refused to let him move, pleading with his (adorable) puppy eyes. Sunggyu only relented because he didn't want to make a scene (not because of the cute look Woohyun gave him).

 

    Woohyun, on the other hand, was practically seething at Howon. Why did that director insist on sitting next to Sunggyu anyway? There were plenty of other seats in this spacious office. Woohyun’s also been eyeing Howon and his not so subtle staring at Sunggyu, which Woohyun was definitely not happy about. It was really obvious that over the week, Howon had grown quite smitten with Sunggyu. Just this morning, he had bought coffee for Sunggyu, and just  Sunggyu, as if there weren’t other people there in the office that could really use some caffeine (namely Woohyun and Dongwoo). It doesn't help that Sunggyu is still kind of mad at him and refuses to talk to him, leaving more chances for Howon to chat with Sunggyu.

 

    “So, I suggested to CEO Lee (aka Lee Sungjong, the CEO of Dongwoo’s company) that we go on an MT, so that we can grow closer together! Since we haven’t been working as efficiently this past week…” Dongwoo spoke up as he eyed both Howon and Woohyun.

 

    “That sounds fun!” Woohyun exclaimed! “I call sharing a room with Sunggyu!”

 

    “Wait, what? I didn’t agree to this!”

 

    “Well, too bad.” Sunggyu knew there was no arguing with Nam Woohyun. But he could still give him the cold shoulder even if they were going to be in the same room.

 

——

 

    Sunggyu stared in awe as they pulled up to the large house by the lake that CEO Lee Sungjong and (generously) rented out for them. As the car came to a stop, Sunggyu eagerly pushed the car door open and jumped out. He had spent that last 2 hours with Woohyun poking at his side and giving him cute faces, and as much as he liked it secretly, he was still determined to act mad at Woohyun.

 

    “I volunteer share a room with Sunggyu!” Woohyun exclaimed as they finished bringing in their luggage into the lavish living room. "We're the closest anyway!”

 

    “Well, actually I think there’s 4 bedrooms so we can each have one…” Dongwoo said. Woohyun’s face fell at that.

 

    “Oh then that’s great!” Sunggyu piped up, “I like sleeping alone anyway—“ Sunggyu was interrupted by the doorbell ringing, and the four stared at each other, confused as to who would be ringing the doorbell.

 

    “… Did anyone order take out or something?” Dongwoo asked, but everyone else shook their heads. They all went to see who was at the door, only to be surprised by Sungyeol and Myungsoo.

 

    “Surprise!” Sungyeol yelled, and barged through the threshold before being let in, Myungsoo following suit.

 

    “What are you two doing here?” Woohyun exclaimed, clearly annoyed.

 

    “What? We’re technically part of the film too, you know, and I'm still waiting for you to give me the lead part.” Sungyeol gave Woohyun a hard stare. 

 

    “I just said I’d let you be in the film, I never said you could be the lead!”

 

    “Nam Woohyun, you don’t even have the power to choose who to cast in the film.”

 

    “Shut up, Lee Howon!” Woohyun retaliated, and Sunggyu could only sigh at Woohyun’s childish ways. “Anyway, since we have two extra people now, some of us have to share a room and so I'll share with Sunggyu, there problem solved, bye!” Woohyun picked up both his and Sunggyu’s suitcases and began making his way up the stairs, determined to pick the best bedroom first. Sunggyu could only sigh once again and apologize to the rest of them about Woohyun before reluctantly following the other up the stairs.

 

——

 

    They were eating dinner now (meat grilled by the oh so great cook Nam Woohyun), and Myungsoo decided to speak up for once and start a conversation, mainly because he couldn't hold his curiosity in any longer. “So, Sunggyu, why did you even think you had dated Woohyun? Did you guys ever kiss?”

 

    “No.” Sunggyu said, but at the same time Woohyun muttered, “Almost.”

 

    Woohyun could see the other five people around the table eyeing him and wanting him to continue, so there was a pause before Woohyun found his words and began his story.

 

    “There was a time about three years ago when Sunggyu was really busy with one of his films, and I didn’t get to see him for a long time.” Woohyun started off with a somewhat bitter smile on his face. “I remember him telling me that filming was finally over and they were having dinner at this certain chicken restaurant. I just missed him so much I spontaneously decided to pay him a visit. The car ride there took two hours…”

 

    Sunggyu stared at Woohyun with a hurt look, and it seemed like he remembered the time Woohyun was talking about as well.

 

-flashback-

 

    Woohyun slowly approached one of the large windows of the restaurant and he could clearly see Sunggyu inside, seemingly having the time of his life with his co-workers. Could it be that the other didn’t miss Woohyun as much as Woohyun missed Sunggyu? Woohyun perked up when he saw Sunggyu waving at him, moving to wave back, but a frown set on his face again when he realized that Sunggyu was just flagging a waiter down. He stood at the window just staring with a blank face for a few moments before Sunggyu accepted a phone call and seemed to be heading outside. With a smile on his face once again he walked towards the entrance to surprise Sunggyu.

 

    “Ah, you just go around the corner and you should see the restaurant!” Sunggyu exclaimed into the phone. He stepped outside and caught sight of the writer that he was on the phone with, and quickly grabbed him and dragged him back inside.

 

    Woohyun, on the other hand, just stopped in his tracks before turning back towards the window with a sigh.

 

    “I want to do a love shot with Sunggyu-oppa!” The main actress exclaimed as she hooked arms with Sunggyu, the both of them with a mug of beer in their hands. Sunggyu had the biggest smile on his face that Woohyun had seen in a while, and it occurred to him that Sunggyu was probably happiest when he was working, not when he was with him.

 

-flashback end-

 

    “So? Did you end up going in and kissing him in front of the crowd? That would have been so romantic!” Dongwoo gushed.

 

    “If I did, do you think we would have remained friends until now?”

 

——

 

    It was getting late and Sunggyu was in the ensuite bathroom, showering, while Woohyun was who knows where. Sungyeol slowly opened the door to the pair’s bedroom, hoping to scare the two. However, once inside, he realized that no one was in the room. Shrugging, he made to leave the room but then heard footsteps nearing. After freaking out and flailing for a few moments, he dove under the bed covers, even covering his head. He was trembling in fear of being found out as he heard the door close behind whoever walked in.

 

    “Woohyun, are you asleep?” 

 

    It was Myungsoo. Now what was Kim Myungsoo doing in Woohyun and Sunggyu's bedroom? Myungsoo sat on the bed and stared at the lump under the covers. “I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd talk to you… being here reminds me of old times.”

 

    “Old times?” What old times?” Myungsoo was spooked by Sungyeol’s sudden voice and almost fell of the bed in shock. 

 

    “What are you doing in somebody else’s bedroom in the middle of the night?”

 

    “Me? What about you?” 

 

    Just then, their conversation was interrupted by the door opening and the two looked at each other in horror but it turned out to be Dongwoo at the door.

 

    “Ha! I knew it! I saw you two sneaking out of the room and knew you were coming to find Woohyun.” Dongwoo pointed at the two on the bed. “But… where is Woohyun?”

 

    Before either Sungyeol or Myungsoo could answer, the door to the bathroom started to open and the three of them hastily dove under the covers.

 

    “Woohyun, are you awake—“ Sunggyu stopped at stared at the large lump of the bed… a large lump that obviously meant there were three people under the covers. He immediately walked towards the bed and pulled off the covers, to reveal the three exes that were looking back at Sunggyu with wide eyes.

 

    “Just get out.” Sunggyu pointed to the door, not even bothering to ask why they were all here.

 

    “But—“ Sungyeol started to say but Sunggyu simply silently pointed at the door again. The three groaned in disappointment and made their way out of the door. When they had all left, Sunggyu sighed in annoyance and flopped onto the bed. He was exhausted from dealing with the three, especially Sungyeol. 

 

    Sunggyu was on the verge of falling asleep when Woohyun walked back in (he had been raiding the fridge in the kitchen). 

 

    “Sunggyu?” He sat down beside the other, gently brushing Sunggyu’s bangs from his eyes. Sunggyu sleepily opened his eyes.

 

    “Hey.”

 

    “Hey.” Woohyun fiddled with his fingers in his lap. “Um, can we talk?” 

 

    Sunggyu immediately turned so that his back was facing Woohyun. “No.”

 

    Of course, Woohyun being Woohyun, who never listenins, began talking anyway.

 

    “I know still you’re mad at me because of the whole ‘I-thought-we-were-dating thing’, but I just want to say one thing, if you’d listen.” Woohyun took Sunggyu’s silence as permission to go on. “How could we have been dating when I hadn't even confessed yet?”

 

    Sunggyu turned around to stare at Woohyun, his attention now on the other.

 

    “That night, the one I was talking about earlier, I had wanted to confess. But seeing how happy and successful you were made me feel like you were really far away and out of reach. You were really different from everyone else I had dated. But thinking back on it now, I regret not confessing.” Woohyun moved so that he was hovering over Sunggyu on the bed, arms on either side of Sunggyu's head. 

 

    “So I’m going to do it now.” Woohyun moved closer so that his nose lovingly brushed against Sunggyu’s. “Sunggyu, I like you. Do you still… like me?” It was a mere whisper, but Sunggyu heard it loud and clear.

 

    “Well, I’d be lying if I said I regret drifting apart from you.”

 

    “So is that a yes?” 

 

    Sunggyu only responded by threading his fingers through Woohyun’s black hair and pulling him down so that they could finally kiss.

 

    “That is definitely a yes.”

 

—— 

 

 

    It was now a month after the MT trip, and the film production was going smoothly, as was Sunggyu and Woohyun's relationship. Woohyun managed to get Sungyeol a role in the film, albeit not the lead role, but Sungyeol was happy nonetheless. He had even given Woohyun a kiss on the cheek, much to Sunggyu’s dissatisfaction (but he tried not to show it).

 

    Woohyun was standing nervously in front of Sunggyu’s house. Sunggyu wasn’t answering his phone, so his only other option (other than standing stupidly outside the other’s house) was seeing if Sunggyu’s sister or her brother-in-law could let him in. It wasn’t the first time that he’s met them, but it was the first time since he and Sunggyu had started dating. He hesitantly rung the doorbell once, then twice. Woohyun held his verath as the door swung open to reveal the surprised face of Sunggyu’s older sister, Jieun.

 

    “Oh, Woohyun! I haven’t seen you in a while! What brings you here?” she asked with a kind smile.

 

    “I heard Sunggyu was sick, but he isn’t answering his phone. Is he in there?”

 

    “Oh, that lazy brat is still sleeping. He’s not even that sick. Come in first! I’ll wake him up! I’ll was about to anyway, since a handsome friend of his had come to visit just a few minutes ago.” Sunggyu’s sister was close to giggling by the looks of it.

 

    Handsome friend…?

 

    Woohyun strolled into the living room after taking off his shoes, only to be face to face with none other than Lee Howon. He narrowed his eyes.

 

    “What are you doing here?” He muttered under is breath so that no one but Howon could hear how annoyed he was.

 

——

 

    However, what Woohyun didn’t notice was that Jieun and her husband had dashed into Sunggyu’s room, poking at Sunggyu to wake up him up.

 

    “How can you still be sleeping like this?” Jieun said in a hushed voice as soon as her brother’s eyes opened. Jieun’s husband, Jaeho, was standing near the door with an amused grin on his face, and  Sunggyu just knew that something was up.

 

    “W-what is it Jieun? What time is it?” Sunggyu turned to check the clock on his nightstand. “It’s only 9AM, why are you waking me up?”

 

    “Woohyun rung the doorbell so I let him in.” Jieun leaned in closer, as if the other two could hear her from the living room. “But someone else is here too. He said he was a director, AND he’s quite handsome,” she said with bright eyes, “is something going on between you two?”

 

    Sunggyu’s eyes widened. Leaving Woohyun and Howon alone in a room was definitely not a good idea. He quickly ran out his bedroom door and into the living room, only to find the two grown men wrestling on the floor. Woohyun had his hand in Howon’s hair, while Hoya had a firm grip on the collar of Woohyun’s shirt. They wrestled on the floor while Jieun and Jaeho watched with eyes wide, and Sunggyu mentally face-palmed before clearing his throat. Only then did the two stop their brawl of the century, both giving the other three in the room sheepish smiles.

 

    “You,” Sunggyu grabbed onto Woohyun’s wrist, “and you.” Sunggyu grabbed onto the wrist of Howon as well, much to Woohyun’s dismay. “…are both coming with me.” Sunggyu dragged the both of them out the door and to the park near his house.

 

——

 

    “What were you doing at my house, Nam Woohyun?” Sunggyu exclaimed in exasperation. They were all sitting on the curb of a small garden at the park.

 

    “Mijoo told me you were sick so I came to see how you were and take care of you!” Woohyun pouted, and continued in a quiet mumble, “And that’s what good boyfriends do, anyway.” Sunggyu only rolled his eyes, but was smiling and blushing on the inside.

 

    “And what about you, Director Lee?”

 

    “I heard you were sick too, and I was just about to drop off some fruit them leave.”

 

    “Then why didn’t you just go home after dropping off the fruit?”

 

    Sunggyu simply groaned with his head in his hands as the two kept up their banter, but then he felt a gentle hand patting his head. He would never admit it out loud, but he always thought it was nice when Woohyun patted his head.

 

    “Are you okay?” Woohyun’s voice sure was nice too.

 

    Sunggyu took a deep breath.

 

    “Director Lee, can I have a talk with you?” Sunggyu said as he stood up, the other two following her.

 

    “What?” Woohyun exclaimed angrily, “Why do you need to talk with him?” He pointed to Howon in annoyance. “What are you doing to say to him?”

 

    “You… don’t cross this line and stay right there.” Sunggyu drew an imaginary line on the ground with his finger. Like that, both Sunggyu and Howon went a a bit farther to have their talk, out of earshot of Woohyun, unfortunately. The two talked for a while and shook hands before leaving. Woohyun was not happy. Not happy at all. Was that handshake even necessary?

 

    “Yah, Nam Woohyun!” Sunggyu’s call of his name snapped him out of his thoughts. He looked up to see the other beckoning at him with a wave of his hand. Woohyun quickly made his way towards Sunggyu, but not before tripping on his feet and stumbling. Sunggyu couldn’t help but stifle a chuckle. Clumsy Woohyun was always adorable.

 

    “So? He told you he liked you right? What did you say—“ Sunggyu cut Woohyun off.

 

    “I told him I just sincerely want to be friends, and that I was dating…. you.” Sunggyu said with a shy smile, while Woohyun gave him a huge grin.

 

    “Anyway, as punishment, I declare that Nam Woohyun has to piggyback Kim Sunggyu around the park while he reflects on what he has done wrong.”

 

    Woohyun just smiled and knelt down in front of Sunggyu.

 

    “Gladly.” Sunggyu climbed up onto Woohyun’s back and nuzzled his face into his boyfriend’s neck as they took a walk around the park. It was a nice and warm day, and Sunggyu felt really, really happy.

 

    “Did you get hurt in that fight, Woohyun?”

 

    “No, I beat him up more.”

 

    “You bit him, didn’t you?”

 

    “What do you mean I bit him? He bit me first!”

 

    “How can a man act like that?”

 

    “Yeah, I know right?”

 

    “……. I was talking about you.”

 

—— 

 

A/N: Hello! This was my entry for the Bloom in Gyu event. It's late because I wanted to draw a doodle to insert into it :D 

Also I forgot to insert this comment last time, but this fic is based on the drama "Ex-Girlfriend Club". It's really good and you all should watch because the character Bang Myungsoo reminds me of Woohyun :D