Ch #11

Monster.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter #11:

 

        The Menace.

 

“Where is he?” Baekhyun asked, as soon as he entered the dimly lit hallway of an abandoned building. The concrete building was almost reduced to ruins, due to being left unattended for years. The doors of the rooms were unhinged, the glasses of the windows were broken, the paint on the walls was chipped and the ceilings of some of the rooms were damaged; threatening to tumble down any second. The lights in the hallways flickered on and off, as they danced to and fro along with the wind; it looked like a scene straight out of a horror movie.

“Down in the basement.” One of the guys – Minjoon – beside him provided immediately. Baekhyun nodded his head in acknowledgment and continued making his way down the hall; wet squelching sound of their shoes echoing around the empty space with each step they took. The shoulders of his light gray shirt were turning into a shade darker, as the rain continuously poured down on them. The eldest Prince gazed around the empty hallways with his empty eyes; there was practically no emotion residing in them. He looked extremely calm and collected on the outer side, but inside his emotions were in a whirlpool. It was hard for him to stop his eyes from glowing, as the anger inside him increased by each passing second. He exhaled deeply in irritation when the wet bangs stuck to his forehead, slightly teased his eyes.

“Does he have any idea that we know about their organization?” Baekhyun softly threaded his fingers through his wet locks and pushed them back.

“No- my Prince. He doesn’t even suspect it.” Minjoon replied while adjusting the gun placed in his back pocket.

“Is there any mean of communication between him and the foundation?”

“He has a sound transmitter on him. That is why we didn’t talk about any stuff in front of him.” Minjoon explained and pulled out his mobile to show Baekhyun the radio signals he was receiving.

“Very well. You know what to do, as soon as I enter the room.” The Prince stated with a smug smirk and patted his back.

“I play with those signals and convert them onto our transmitter.”

“There was a reason, why I chose you.” Minjoon laughed mirthfully when he heard that and mentioned for his guards to stay back as they turned the corner. They walked a little bit further and then stopped in front of a wooden door; which was the only intact door in the whole building. Baekhyun gave the guard at the door a small nod before the door was opened for him; he handed over his blazer to the guard and rolled his sleeves up to his elbows.

“Do you want me to come inside?” Minjoon asked while taking his coat off.

“No- stay outside. It’s going to get dirty in there.” He claimed nonchalantly and shrugged his shoulders. There was a dark look residing in his eyes, as he moved forward to enter the room – he can’t wait to have his hands on the man.

“Baek, your dad appointed me for you. Your safety is my first priority. That man is dangerous.” Minjoon retaliated with a frown.

“And he is also tied down by ropes. I am going to be fine.”

“At least, think about your wife.” Baekhyun looked at his personal bodyguard; who was also his close friend and released a sigh.

“Believe me, she won’t care.”

“Only if you were a little bit nice to her, then maybe it would have been otherwise.” Minjoon snorted and playfully glared at the young Prince.

“I am nice!” Baekhyun exclaimed acting as if he was offended and entered the room before his friend can stop him.

“At least, take a weapon for your defense,” Minjoon shouted after the Prince and shook his head in disapproval when he was ignored.

 

…………

 

Baekhyun’s smile disappeared from his face, as soon as he closed the door shut behind him. He carefully locked the door and turned around to face the dark room. There wasn’t any light present; he could only make out the silhouette of a man tied to the chair. The young Prince made his way towards the broken switchboard and the light; which flickered on after releasing some flames. The light bulb hung suspended right above the tied man’s head, and swung with the pressure of the wind.

“Who are you, and what do you want from me?” The man narrowed his eyes at him and sneered, but jumped in shock like a scared cat when the transmitter device in his ear sparkled and fell out of his ear. He watched in shock and fear, as his oppressor’s eyes glowed red, before going back to normal. The man was sure, that his captor was the one who destroyed his device…with his eyes?

“You don’t remember me?” Baekhyun asked back calmly, as he started walking towards the man. He saw the sweat traveling down the man’s face and scowled in disgust when he shook his head in denial.

“Byun Baekhyun – the eldest Prince of Exo.” He informed and watched with a sadistic grin, as thousands of emotions crossed the tied man’s face; fear being the most prominent of them all. It gave him a sick satisfaction when the man’s face paled in complexion. Baekhyun roughly took hold of the man’s face and tightened his grip to the painful level; making the guy mourn in pain.

“How rude of you to forget me, after all, the torture you made me go through?” He snarled and pushed the man’s face away harshly.

“H-How?” The tied man stuttered and started struggling in his ropes.

“I memorized my wedding vows in less than a minute; do you really think I would forget your hideous face?” Baekhyun laughed humorlessly and snatch off his piercings; throwing them in the corner of the room. He cracked the bones of his knuckles and gave his victim a wicked smile.

“I am not here for personal reasons, Mr. Jung. We can end this meeting in a rather friendly manner if you are willing to cooperate.” The cunning Prince stated and circled around the chair Mr. Jung was tied to.

“I am not going to cooperate with you.” Mr. Jung deadpanned, as if doing that was not even an option. Baekhyun released a chuckle and punched the man square on his face. He watched with a grin, as blood started coming out of the other man’s nose.

“We can do it the easy way, or we can do it the hard way. The choice is yours.”

“I-I am not going to tell you a-anything.” Mr. Jung wheezed and turned his face away from him.

“You’re such a loyal .” The eldest Prince stated off-handedly and crouched down to his level.

“Let’s try again. Tell me about that organization and I will let you go.”

“What do you think, I am? A fool?” The man shouted enraged and coughed.

Stupid old man and their tempers…

“There is not a doubt in that.” The Prince shrugged his shoulders and replied nonchalantly.

“Seven years ago, when I kidnapped you; I didn’t expect you to turn out to be a coward.” The man argued as he thrashed in his binds. A shaky exhale escaped past his lips, as Baekhyun’s eyes steeled, but that didn’t stop him from continuing further.

“You think you are so great? No- you are not. Beating me up when I am tied only makes you a coward.” He continued and twisted his hands, so he could easily take hold of the pocket knife placed inside his pants; when his hands are freed. Baekhyun again gave out a humorless laugh and went around the man again.

“You want it to be fair? We will have it fair.” He said and untied the ropes; that were binding the man. Just as he was about to step away; Mr. Jung jumped towards him with a knife, catching him off guard. Baekhyun hissed in pain, as the edge of the sharp knife cut through his shirt and managed to slice the skin of his chest; but thankfully it was not that deep. A lethal growl escaped his lips, as the blood started to drip out of the newly formed wound. He pushed the man on the ground and kicked the knife away from his hand. Straddling the older man, he landed another punch to his face and grabbed him by the collar.

 “I see…you didn’t like it when I was being nice. Let’s start the real deal then.”

……..

 

After he was done with the man, the eldest Prince came out of the room extremely wounded. The man was more skilled than he thought…but, that was not a problem for Baekhyun. What actually proved to his disadvantage was the fact that the man knew how to get on his nerves. There were many deep scars made by the knife on his body, but luckily he managed to save his face from any kind of damage; he didn’t have any energy to answer his family’s questions. Minjoon ran towards him immediately, when his body stumbled forward.

“What the hell, man! I told you to come out intact, not looking like you would die any ing minute.” He stated and supported Baekhyun’s body. His friend was covered with blood from head to toe; the skin of the knuckles of his hand was torn badly.

“I-I am alright.” Silence blanketed around them for a while, as Minjoon dragged his battered friend to his car. He gently helped his friend to get in the passenger seat an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter