Once Upon A Time: Part 1

Mr. Innocent (hiatus)

 

stay connected:

 

elloerica.tumblr.com



Once upon a time,

there was a boy...

If I were to describe him in one word, it would be "innocent". Whenever I looked at him, he gave me a gentle, kind, innocent feeling. Weird thing was, his face was not one you'd think to be innocent, normal maybe, but never innocent. He had the masculine look, with his thick eyebrows and hair that stood up like hair would. His eyes were warm, chocolate-brown that for a second looked soft, but then they quickly flash back to masculine. His charismatic features gave off every feeling of a manly man that they could. He pulled of the role of Mr. Masculine and everyone around him believed it.

But there was something about him that didn't fit his manly image. It was his smile. His smile changed everything. His smile showed his breakthrough. His smile led the path to finding what was hidden underneath the manly demeanor and mask. His smile gave off light. It looked pure, happy, and most of all innocent. That smile, large and white, made me doubt what I believed about physical appearances. That smile made me realize that physical appearances aren't what they always seem to be. 

Like the famous saying says, "Don't judge a book by its cover."

Too be honest, that smile changed something inside in me. It had me sprung. Completely and utterly mesmerized. That smile changed him from everyone's Mr Masculine to my Mr. Innocent. 

Yes, Mr. Innocent had me at the tips of my feet. He has me searching for more, for him... 

Once upon a time,

there was a girl met a boy...

All of these metaphorical views on appearances and falling for him, began at the beginning of Sophomore Year. On the first day of the school year, I met him. As I made my way into school I bumped into him. His lanky arms, brushed against mine as we squeezed through the school doors. "Sorry" we both mumbled as we made our way into the gymnasium. No, this was not one of those cliché movie scenes, where we think each other is cute. No, we just walked past each other after this. 

We split into different ways to pick up our schedule, and I knew that this would be the last time I'd ever see him again. Or so I thought. Trust me, it seemed highly unlikely to see him in a school of 2,500 people. It became funny because without even knowing him, I let a sigh of disappointment escape my lips. Why would I sigh? I missed an opportunity to meet someone fantastic. 

Anyway, I pushed the thought away and met my friends at our designated spot. It was our spot since freshmen year. In sharpie, our initials scribbled on the brick wall, marked our territory. 

Including me, there were 5 of us, Miyoung, Haeun, Eunae, me, and Jae (the only male). We were like the five musketeers, except, not. I happily greeted friends when two boys joined our group. I knew the first boy who joined the group, his name was Woohyun. Woohyun is the closest male friend of Miyoung. These two were friends since middle school, and since then it hadn't changed. 

That year, Woohyun entered as a fish, otherwise known as freshman. Woohyun obviously had the impeding freshmen duty of becoming fish bait, seeing as he was so tiny, but instead he joined us, to avoid the embarrassment. Even before high school, Woohyun was part of our circle. He came to our parties and hung out with us often, so it was no surprise that he would join us. 

What was a surprise, was who he brought along with him. His best-friend, stood beside him, shy, yet confident. IT WAS THE BOY I BUMPED INTO!

"HOYA!" yelled Eunae and Miyoung in a chorus. Apparently these two already knew him. 

Wait, the name felt extremely familiar. I raked my thoughts as I watched Woohyun introduce Hoya to everyone in the group. "Guys. this is Hoya, my friend from junior high," Woohyun said with a smile as Hoya bowed. 

As he stood straight, Hoya nudged Woohyun, "Miyoung and Eunae know me already, we met at the dance last year!"

It was then that it hit me, Hoya's name constantly left Miyoung's mouth. Miyoung and Eunae mentioned, several times, how "adorable" Hoya was and that he was Woohyun's most adorable, cute, and shy friend. 

Miyoung and Eunae's words were not just hype. To be honest, they were absolutely right. This boy, this fish, had incredibly good looks. With looks like his, he could get any girl.

I flashed back into reality and all I remembered hearing was, "Don't worry about high school! You have four older sisters, noonas even, to watch over you," Haeun said with a smile. But what if I didn't want to just be another noona?

Once upon a time,

there was a girl who befriended an innocent boy...

Days and days passed. Hoya quickly became a part of our group. He began to accept the odd characteristic of our group. The loudness that we had in the morning didn't bother him anymore. He accepted the weird way that we interacted with each other. And before we knew it, Hoya began to laugh with us and join in our strange banter. Hoya and Woohyun became part of our group. 

At that time, I didn't look at Hoya more than just... a brother. To me, and the rest of the group, Hoya was just our shy, cute, freshmen, younger brother. Nothing more, nothing less. Of course, we constantly told Hoya and Woohyun that we found them absolutely adorable, but that was about it. We all had platonic feelings for the two boys, except for Jae, who flirted with them. Of course, he was joking. Everyone knew that he and Haeun had a thing, except themselves.

Hoya and I got closer through clubs. Basically, we all joined the same groups, clubs, and organizations. We were all class officers, avid members of HOSA (Health Occupations for Students of America), and student officers for Culture Club. 

Through these clubs I had chances to joke with Hoya. 

"Hoya, where is Woohyun?" I asked while in HOSA one day. 

Hoya shrugged his shoulders, "That jerk probably went home!" Eunae and I laughed. 

I nudged his shoulder while turning in the rolling chair, "Do you miss your boyfriend?" I asked jokingly with a wink. This joke got me a light push that sent me flying across the room in my rolling chair. "JERK!" I yelled while rolling away, which left Hoya laughing his off... 

In Culture Club, I had to talk to Hoya. Why? Because I paid for his fees. A piece of paper that had the face of Alexander Hamilton printed on it pushed Hoya to talk to me. For a week, he would come up to me and tell me, "I am so sorry, I am getting my money in a few days. I'll pay you back!" 

I would just smile. His distressed facial expression made me giggle like the schoolgirl that I was. I would just pat him on the head and reassure him that he could pay me back whenever he got the money.

"Noona, you're really the best," he'd said with an innocent smile, "I'll pay you back when I get my allowance. PROMISE!"

Again, I would smile. I smiled because he really made me feel like I was the best... 


 

so, this is where our story begins. I really don't have much to write, this may or may not be only two chapter who knows.

right now, I'm just writing down what has happened over the past four months of knowing "him"

hope you guys, er, well, um, nevermind.

 

READERS & SUBSCRIBERS are the BOMB!

COMMENTERS are the SHIZZ! (;

 

my other stories:

Mr. Innocent | The Wedding Crashers Omma, Tell Me A Story | The Day They Were Waiting For | Where's Waldo?

My On Flight Boyfriend | The Girl At The Coffee Shop | Closure | Tic Toc, Time Is Ticking | A Friend's Confession