04.

enmeshed. (of us #1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you mean what? You think I'd be lying to you? That was my Ma calling. They're like 15 or 20 minutes away." Brian takes in her disbelieved features and quietly notes her mental misery.

"Geez." She facepalms herself and Brian's lips curl slightly at the ends, amused. ", what do we have in fridge? What should I cook? I don't know how to cook, I don't know what to cook." She starts to walk in the direction of the kitchen, meanwhile chanting, ", damn, geez."  Brian's lips turn into a full-fledged smile then.

"We just went grocery shopping the other day, remember? When you pick me up?" he says when Yeji turns to him, eyes wide. "Oh, right." 

She seems to relax a little, before another thought downs on her. "What should I cook, then? What do your parents like?" 

"Babe, even if I tell you, you wouldn't even have enough time to cook them. Just don't bother." He says, voice laced with amusement.

"You clearly think this is funny, huh? Hear this; it's not funny, okay. This is me trying to please your Ma so she'd think nicely of me and go home with only happy thoughts and  hopefully, a happy stomach too! So, if this tickles your sides so much, please get out of my eyesight before I do something you'd never imagine me doing like banging your head with a pan or something. " she ranted, hands bent at her waist.

Brian, who is still grinning, walks over to her and slings his right hand at her neck, her elbow digging at his side. "Baby, I'm sorry, but you're too damn cute." he leans down to peck her nose before her glare makes him stops short.

"Don't worry, Ma has always thought highly of you, so one small flaw is nothing. And she would still insist to cook, so no worries." he smiles down at her. "Or we could just order Chinese."

yeah, easy for him to say. no worries, my foot.

 

***

 

The doorbell rings and Yeji's heart plummets further into her stomach. 

geez, why am I so worried? I've met them before. geez. 

and Chinese is yet to arrive. 

Yeji mentally facepalms.

She swings open the door, finding Brian's Ma's smile instantly falling onto her.

"Hi, come in. Brian's in the toilet." She throws a smile at his Pa before her eyes slid down and sees plastic bags of who-knows-wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter