Distracted

A Penny For Your Thoughts

A/N: Hi guys! I just wanted to let you know that I went back and changed a few things! If this is your first time reading it, then don't aorry about it! It wasn't anything drastic, just a few touch ups here and there.

 --------------------------------------------------------

     You've been thinking about your friend, Hoseok, for a while. You don't remember how, or why you started thinking about him, but you did. The way he always clung to you like a koala, his obnoxiously cute laugh, his eye smile. The way he always makes fun of the destructive way you get about the day (usually ending with you covered in various ice packs) and oh, the way he dances. You thought about how he always managed to make you smile when you were having a bad day and how he was so affectionate. Deep down you know you've had feelings for him for a while - you'll just never admit it out loud. Ever. 

      You were so absorbed in your thoughts, you didn't notice that the subject of your thoughts was looking at you with worry, snapping his fingers in front of your face. 

      "(Y/N)? Whatcha thinking about?" Hoseok asked, tilting his head to the side. It's not that you're surprised that he's here (he knows where you keep your spare key), but it's a little unnerving to see the object of your obsession thoughts in front of you. You jumped, blushing hotly. Laughing nervously, you removed the two ice packs you had already accumulated (even though it was barely lunch time) and stood up.

       "Nothing important." You lied, limping to your kitchen to throw away the melted ice packs. You turned around to walk back to your impromptu guest, and jumped for the second time in less than five minutes, getting a face full of said guest's chest. 

       "Hobi-ah! Don't do that!" You screeched, slapping his chest, glaring slightly. He stuck his tongue out childishly. 
     "It's not my fault you're more oblivious than usual." He retorted, moving around you to set the bags of food you just noticed on the counter. It's your fault, you pabo. You thought with a frown, pouting slightly. You so were lost in thought (again) about Hoseok, you didn't notice that he was frowning at you.

  "(Y/N)? Should I leave?" Hoseok asked, sounding annoyed and hurt. You shook your head rapidly and took the koala title, latching onto him tightly in a hug. 
        "Hobi~" You cooed, shoving your face into the crook of his neck, trying to ignore his heavenly cologne and failing miserably. "Don't be like that, I'm paying attention to you!" I can't stop. 
          You could practically feel him roll his eyes, but you heard him chuckle and felt him return your hug, so you relaxed. You untangled your limbs eventually, turning to the food. 
        "What'd ya bring me?" You asked eagerly, your tummy rumbling loudly. Hoseok laughed in his obnoxiously cute way, causing you to smile. 
         "Who said I brought you anything?" He teased, poking you in the ribs, earning a shriek in return. You glared at him.
        "Hobi!" You scolded, hands on your hips, "You know I'm ticklish!"
       "I know." He smirked, reaching out to poke you again. You slapped his hand away, glaring at him harder. 
        "Oh, don't look at me like that, (Y/N)-ah! You know you love me!" He teased you further. You turned away with a scoff to hide your blush, rummaging through the food and found your favorite (very mild soondubu jiggae). You grabbed it and wandered back to the living room, plopping down on the couch. As soon as you took the first bite, you were lost in thought (get a map, you pabo!), starring your hope. 
       So lost in thought, you didn't notice when Hoseok sat down beside you, burning holes into the side of your face. This continued until you had finished your lunch. By then, his usually cheerful face had morphed into a pouting glare. 
      "(Y/N)," he whined, "You're not even paying attention to me!" He cried exasperatedly, flopping into your lap as soon as you had moved your trash. You bit your lip sheepishly, guilt gnawing at you. 
     "Sorry Hobi," You apologized, carding your fingers through his ridiculously soft, black, hair. Catching a glimpse at his mouth (that's all you allowed yourself), you proceeded to wonder what it would be like...
   "Penny for your thoughts," Hoseok said sarcastically, poking you in the chin. 
    "My thoughts are too expensive for you then." You squeaked replied nonchalantly, fighting off your blush and giggled at his offended expression. 
        "So rude!" He pouted, sitting up and scooting to the far side of the couch, crossing his arms and looking away from you. You just laughed and crawled over to pinch his cheeks, cooing. 

       "(Y/N)!" He growled, swatting your hands away. You smirked.
       "What? You said I wasn't paying attention to you, so...now I am!" You answered innocently, grinning. He gave you a flat look. He opened his mouth to reply, but...
        For the second time today, male company barged their way into your apartment, unannounced and uninvited. 
      "(Y/N)!" Your other friend, Jimin, screeched as he ran into your living room, jumping on you. You caught him with a grunt, his not so light body slammed into yours, causing more bruises. 
         "Jimin. Get off of her." Yoongi deadpanned, walking in after him, the rest of your friends following after. Jimin stuck his tongue out at his boyfriend childishly. You just looked at them with confusion as Jimin continued to wind his muscular arms around you. Not wanting to be left out, Jungkook and Taehyung jumped into the fray too, all three of them snuggling up to you. You didn't notice that Hoseok was glaring at the trio. 

       "I don't remember giving any of you a key to my apartment." You stated matter-of-factly, ignoring the fact that you had three, heavy, boys on top of you and you couldn't breathe. Namjoon raised a sheepish hand. 
       "I picked the lock," he confessed, earning a glare from you. 

      "In other words...you broke my door." You deadpanned, your glare increasing. Namjoon chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his head. 
       "Yeah..." 

       "Yah! Kim Seokjin, tell your boyfriend to quit breaking my stuff!" You yelled at the mom of the group, still glaring at Namjoon. The latter pouted at his boyfriend, but Jin just laughed. While this was going on, Jungkook, Taehyung and Jimin were all trying to talk to you at once, their voices increasing in volume as they tried to talk over each other. 
      With a groan, you squirmed and fought your way out from underneath them and crawled over to Hoseok to face plant in his chest.

      "Hobi, make them leave!" You whined, kicking your feet slightly, managing to hit your foot on the coffee table. At that, you sobbed. Hoseok snickered and patted your head. 

       "(Y/N)-ah, why would they listen to me?" He asked, rubbing your back gently. You relaxed slightly, a contented sigh leaving your mouth. 
       "Get Jin umma to make them listen." You grumbled after a long pause, remembering he asked you a question. You felt the vibrations on your cheek as he chuckled, making you burrow further into his warmth. 
        "Jiminie. Quit pinching Kookie's bunny cheeks." Jin scolded. You lifted your head from Hoseok's chest, your faces closer than you thought which caused you to blush. You pouted and ignored your blush. 
        "Don't pout, (Y/N)! Your hope is here!" Hoseok cooed, squishing your cheeks together. You frowned at him and his finger, causing  him to shriek. Now this isn't unusual. This, being everybody at your house (Jin, Yoongi, Namjoon, Hoseok, Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook), Jiminie bothering the bunny, Taehyung trying to steal your attention, Yoongi glaring at everyone but secretly enjoying himself, Jungkook also fighting for your attention, Jin scolding everyone and Namjoon breaking your stuff...it's all very normal. Domestic even. 
      But today is different. Today, you're tired. Not physically tired, but emotionally. Mentally. You had in your mind that you and Hoseok were never going to happen, and you were trying to accept that, but it seemed to make things worse. Today, you're exhausted. Socially, that is. You've always been kind of an introvert, and you really hadn't had time to yourself lately, and your extremely extroverted friends weren't helping. 
       "Hoseokie...please." You pleaded softly, biting your bottom lip. Hoseok immediately nodded and grew serious for once
       "Attention! (Y/N) needs time with her hope. So leave." Hoseok called bluntly, managing to get off the couch with you wrapped around him. He carried you to your kitchen (he still heard your tummy rumbling) and attempted to set you down, but you just clung tighter. 
          "Don't wanna eat," You muttered shortly, nosing his neck. He just hummed and picked you back up. 
         "Hoseokie, why do you get to stay? I wanna stay with (Y/N)-noona!" Kookie griped, probably stomping his foot like the fetus he is. Hoseok scoffed. 
          "It's because I'm her hope." He replied, opening the door for everyone. You looked down to check your lock, despair clawing at your chest when you saw it hanging at an awkward angle. I'm gonna make Namjoon pay for everything he breaks from now on. 

At this point, the boys are whining about leaving and you're almost in tears. 
        "But-!" Taehyung, Jungkook and Jimin all tried to protest, but you slammed the door in their faces with your foot. 
         "No 'but's except yours out the door!" You screamed in Hoseok's ear, causing that cutely obnoxious laughter. You heard grumbles from outside the door, but footsteps were louder, indicating their departure. You sighed. Hoseok just wrapped his arms around you tighter in response, moving to what you assumed to be your room now. 
       When you eventually let go of your hope and changed into sleep wear and he did the same (you often had impromptu sleep overs, so you gave up and just let him keep some of his stuff at your apartment), you both laid down in your surprisingly spacious bed. You were facing each other. Hoseok was giving you that blinding smile of his while you were biting your lip in debate. Mustering up all of your measly courage, you finally uttered a soft-
      "You,"
      "What about me?" He asked confused, his eye smile disappearing to make way for his frown. 
      "Earlier. You kept asking me what I was thinking about and it was you..." You trailed off, your face on fire with a blush. "I like you a lot, Hobi." You whispered, looking down at your hands. Not hearing anything for a while, you looked up. He was just staring at you, mouth agape, eyes as wide as they could go. Tears pricked your eyes and you turned to face the wall, curling into yourself.    
       "You can leave if you want," You croaked, throat right with emotion. 
        "(Y/N)..." Hoseok whispered, voice thick with emotion. You didn't expect him to touch you, but when he did you flinched, but quickly relaxed. He gently turned you to him, but you kept your eyes down. 
         "Jagi...look at me," he murmured gently, tilting your face up with two fingers under your chin. Your heart clenched at the endearment. You could barely see him with the tears in your eyes, but when you blinked you saw that he was looking at you with a tender smile. 
       "Jagi, leaving is the last thing on my mind." He whispered, leaning forward to place his mouth over yours, kissing you gently. You sighed into the kiss, your eyes fluttering shut. Because you're human and need oxygen to live, the kiss didn't last too long. But that's ok, because when it was over, you got to cuddle your brand new boyfriend. 

                 And you couldn't be happier.