Then He Kissed Me

Then He Kissed Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

      Baekhyun's voice was filled with uncertainty as he asked, "What do you think will happen tomorrow?"

      There was a bit of a grumble from next to him, some rustling, and then a head of unruly hair popped up.

      Baekhyun, the smaller of the two boys shifted, trying to settle down, but just couldn't seem to shake the queasy feeling in his stomach.

      "Whad'ya mean?" Chanyeol asked, his deep voice sounding way older than his fifteen years in his current sleepy state.

      They were having their weekly Friday night sleepover, cuddled up, side by side in Baekhyun's not-quite-big-enough bed. But unlike usual, Baekhyun felt uncomfortable, trying to figure out how to ask his best friend for some advice on an embarrassing subject.

      Chanyeol continued with a playful tone, "We'll probably spend half the day sleeping, then gaming for the other... like always."

      "No, I mean‒ at the party."

      "Oh..." Chanyeol propped himself up on one elbow, facing the smaller. It would be Baekhyun's first time at a 'boy girl' party, though not Chanyeol's. "Umm.. party stuff, probably?"

      Baekhyun remained silent, so Chanyeol prodded him gently. "Why?"

      The smaller shifted, then shrugged, "Like... spin the bottle... or truth or dare?"

      "Probably, or seven minutes in heaven. Hyoyeon likes that one‒" Chanyeol rolls his eyes "‒and you know how she always gets what she wants."

      Baekhyun was silent again for a long while, causing Chanyeol to switch the bedside lamp on to better gauge what his best friend was thinking.

      When the light illuminated the other's features, he could see Baekhyun had his bottom lip trapped between his teeth, brow turned down, and his hands were twisting together nervously on his stomach.

      This made Chanyeol's chest ache suddenly. The last time he had seen Baekhyun look like that, they had been twelve, and his best friend was trying to figure out how to tell him that his parents were sending him away to music camp... for the entire summer.

      Gently trying to prod what's wrong out of him—and maybe comfort him slightly—Chanyeol laid a hand on Baekhyun's shoulder. "Hey, what's up?"

      "Do you think..."

      Chanyeol waits for him to finish, but nothing comes.

      "Do I think what?"

      Baekhyun shakes his head quickly and rolls on his side, facing the wall and away from his best friend. "Nothing, never mind. G'night, Yeol!"

      Not willing to let it go—the dull ache in his chest now an angry burning sensation, too painful to ignore—Chanyeol scoots over so that he is sitting with his hip right against Baekhyun's back, and starts to poke at the puffy softness of the smaller's cheek.

      The poking continues until Baekhyun finally chuckles and swats the offending finger away. "You're so annoying."

      "I know." An almost too wide smile spread on Chanyeol's face. "But you love me anyways!"

       Baekhyun made a scoffing noise and shoves Chanyeol, causing the taller to fall back onto his side of the bed. "Yeah, it's one of the mysteries' of the universe... along with why the sky is blue, and why square pizza just doesn't taste as good."

      Chanyeol let out an awkward barking laugh, that probably carried through the whole house with its deep timber, but luckily Baekhyun's parents were long used to their late-night antics so it only made him smile fondly.

      "You're the only one who thinks that about square pizza, Baek. And the sky is blue because‒"

      He was suddenly cut off by a slap to the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter