Sticky Note Treasure Hunt

Sticky Note Treasure Hunt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Waking up in the morning to flowers in your room was not a usual occurrence. Correction, one pink carnation. It brought a smile to your lips and washed away any previous sleepiness you were feeling. Looking at the note attached to the stem of the carnation, you read it once more.

‘Get dressed and come outside. I’ll be waiting.

-H

P.S. Wear a dress.’

Confusion settled over you but how could you deny him when there was such a sweet gesture. Peeking outside of your room, you called down the hall to your older sister in hopes that she was nearby, “Did you help Hoseok-ah?” Considering, he told you to meet him outside, he couldn’t be lounging in your living room. You knew the two of you had plans today but it had never been decided just what you were going to do. Which was normal and what most friends did. He had been your friend since the beginning of the school year and fit right in with a couple of your other friends. More often than not, all four of you were hanging out together as well as sometimes being studious and having study groups. Hearing a “Yes! So sweet, isn’t he.” You smiled to yourself and quietly agreed with your sibling.

This wasn’t the first time that Hoseok had done something nice for you but it was always little things as, bringing you a coffee as he got to school since he stopped on the way for himself or grabbing your arm and pulling you to the side so you wouldn’t trip over the divet in the road. Small things that couldn’t be cracked up to anything other than friendship. The carnation itself was surprising but also just as easy to brush off as Hoseok’s cheesy friendliness. Doing as was instructed, you pulled out a light blue summer dress that stopped just above your knees and had soft yellow daisies all over it. Pulling your hair into a pony tail, you slipped on some white ballet flats and stepped out into the sun. Letting the warmth of the day hit your shoulders, you stood on your front porch for just a moment before noticing a hot pink sticky note on the potted plant outside your door.

Bending down you picked it up and saw that it just had one letter on it. “I” Crinkling your brow in confusion you stared at the sticky note for a moment longer, flipping it over to make sure there wasn’t anything on the back. Oh there was, an arrow to go left. At least you hoped it was left and not meant to be the opposite side. Deciding to just wing it, you turned towards the left, it made the most sense after all. There wasn’t a house on the left of you but an open field that led to a lake and a-ways down there was even a bench your father had put in a while ago since your mother loved to sit out there and watch the water. Walking along, you noticed a tree ahead with another hot pink sticky note attached to it’s trunk. Pulling it off, you saw the four-lettered word scribbled in a familiar script.

“Like”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter