ANGEL

Angel

            Hey guys~ It’s 26th June already, and I told you guys that I’ll published the story tomorrow but, I have to go to the province tomorrow and don’t know when will I came back, so I decided to published this today. And I’m sorry if there’re any mistakes in the story, I’m not an expert and English is not my language. And the story is not that long; it contained only about 8K words, well… I’m sorry. Anyway… please enjoy this story.

P.S. I suggested you to listen to more low tone music or a sad music while reading this. If you can, you should listen to EXO – Angel in repeated mode, since this is based on that song. And I made a few plots into it; it doesn’t contain all of what in the song. Yeah, thank you. ^^

 

ANGEL

 

            “Grandma! Grandma!” a teenage girl shouted excitedly and rushed into the room where her grandmother is. The old woman, who was sitting on the sofa, reading books, glanced at her granddaughter’s movement and curved a small smile.

            “You’re now a woman, Jihyun, stop running around while shouting like that. No one will love you.” She closed her book and said jokingly and was satisfied when her granddaughter giggled brightly.

            “Don’t worry, grandma! It’s been a long time since I last see you, I miss you so bad.” Jihyun said and hugged her grandmother to her heart content before releasing her out of her embrace.

            “Still, you have to be feminine. What if you can’t marry a man until you become a grandma?” Her grandmother said brightly and smiled.

            “Grandma! I suffered a long, tiring flight, while raining, just to see you! I’m disappointed.” Jihyun said and pouted. Her grandmother smiled and pinched her cheek softly, but responded nothing. She walked outside of her bedroom and sat down on the chair in the living room.

            “It’s raining…” She whispered quietly and looked at the sky. Jihyun followed her from the bedroom and sat down beside her. She looked at her grandmother weirdly before she asked, “What’s with the rain, grandma?”

            “Do you believe in angel, Jihyun-ah?” Her grandmother turned her head and asked her.

            “Angel? Who believe those kinds of thing, grandma?” She asked absurdly.

            “I did. And I still do.” Her grandmother curved a small smile. Jihyun startled and quickly apologized, “I’m sorry.”

            “It’s okay. I know it’s absurd until I met one myself…”

            “You met an angel!? What did they look like? They’re beautiful and elegant, right? Like what I saw in drama.”

            “You’re right, beautiful and elegant and they also got a beautiful heart.”

            “Really? What did they wear, grandma? It’s not what I expected, right?”

            “What’re you expecting?”

            “Those heavy clothing, with heavy-looking hair.” Jihyun giggled brightly. Her grandmother laughed along with her before she spoke,

            “No, the one I met, he just wore a white plain shirt, with white pants, but still, he was extremely handsome.” Her grandmother smiled.

            “I really want to hear your story, grandma. Tell me!”

            “They’re working hard up there, the wind angel, the lightning angel, especially, the rain angel who poured the rain for us…” Her grandmother said and looked outside of the window, up on the sky. “And the one I met, he was the one that created the rain for us…”

 

-=======-

66 Years Ago, 18 Years old – Moon Yeonhee

 

            The bus started its engine early in the morning. It was the day of Yeonhee’s school’s field trip. The sky was still dark, she woke up early and she called everybody to wake them up, too, since, she anticipated a lot about this field trip, she was excited. She loved camping, adventure and those kinds of things, height, forest, waterfall… She loved nature. This time, her school will camp in the forest, and that was the highlight of the whole field trip.

She looked at the dark sky excitedly and an appearance appeared from the door. He was her homeroom teacher. After greeting, the teacher told them to loosen the tension, and that’s when the whole class uproar and create a small party inside the bus. She’s a quiet person, you couldn’t say she’s a nerd who always studies, but she tried her best at school, studied hard, making friends, enjoyed school’s activities, etc. She’s a kind and helpful person. She’s one of the people whom everybody loves.

The bus rode along the road and after twist and turn, they’ve arrived a rest area. The sky was pretty bright already. The students, one by one, got off the bus and walked into the bus area. Yeonhee also got out of the bus and stretched her body as it went stiff after a long bus flight. She looked at up the sky and a hand touched her shoulder lightly. She spun her head around and took a look at the owner of the hand. And she smiled brightly as she saw that he’s one of her classmates.

            “Why do you stretch in a public place like this, Moon Yeonhee?” He said and smiled brightly.

            “Ah~ Nam Junseo, you surprised me~” She said cheerfully and walked into the building alongside with him.

She glanced around the building and walked into the bathroom. After coming out of the bathroom, she walked out of the building again and took a camera with her. She walked to the back of the building to see the views. The sky was bright, but not too bright; it was just perfect contrast, the sun that just rose, and the quiet and peaceful leaves and fell on the ground softly, since the wind was pretty soft. After she got back into the building, the teacher already said it was time for the flight to continue. She felt sad since she couldn’t see the beautiful views any longer.

The bus started to start its engine again, it moved pretty fast this time, and before everybody could realize it, they’ve arrived at their plan destination already. This first things they do, was of course, walking and carrying their luggage into the forest. They set up their tent and build a campfire, even though it’s a lunch time, they were having a meat party. Their field trip is going to last for 3 days and 2 nights. But still, for Yeonhee, she wanted to stay here longer.

After setting up the tent, helping her classmates building a campfire, and having a meat party, the teacher gathered all of the students for games. The students gathered around and were having fun, but it wasn’t Yeonhee’s style. She walked into the forest with her t-shirt, a jacket and jeans, along with her camera. She was following the animal’s footsteps. She walked deeper and deeper but she lost the footstep. Ah! What a pity, was what she thought. She turned around and was planning to go back to where everybody is, but a strange sight appeared in front of her, she didn’t remember seeing any of these, the footstep’s traces were also gone. She was lost.

As she continued to walk unknowingly within the forest, she seemed like she had been more and more lost into the forest. And worst, the sky was becoming gloomy and it started to rain all of sudden. She was trying to yell, wishing anybody would hear her, but no one. She was far, far away from everybody. And that was when she lost all of her hope.

 

            Well, we thought no one could hear her on Earth, but, up at the heaven, the water angel, Kim Junmyeon, accidentally heard her while he was doing his job. He looked down onto the Earth curiously and he saw a lonely appearance in the midst of all the tall trees. He suddenly felt sympathy toward the girl. He wanted to help the girl, but he couldn’t stop his job suddenly like that. He left his palace and went to seek help from the telekinesis angel, Luhan, to help him build a small shelter for her.

            “Why are you helping a human girl, Junmyeon-gun?”  Luhan, who was playing around with his telekinesis skill – an ability to move objects by mental power, asked Junmyeon who was barging in his palace all of sudden.

            “I think, it was my fault, Luhan-gun, she was lost in the forest, and I still use my power to make it rain.” Suho said sorrowfully and looked at Luhan.

            “You’re the definition of an angel, Junmyeon-gun, you always help humans.” Luhan said and curved a small smile. “Building a shelter, using woods, is a piece of cake, don’t worry.” Luhan said and quickly use his power to build a small house, and made it looked like an abandon one. He smiled proudly and looked at Junmyeon. Junmyeon looked at him and smiled thankfully.

            “Thank you, Luhan-gun, I owe you once.” He said and quickly left the palace. But still, he hasn’t gone to his own palace but continued his journey to his partner’s palace, the lightning angel, Jongdae.

            “Hyung-nim, what’re you doing here?” Jongdae asked surprisingly while doing his work, whenever Junmyeon started his jobs, Jongdae also got busy.

            “Do not work so hard, Jongdae-gun, I found one lost girl down there, be careful, so your lightning won’t hit her or within her area. She’s pitiful.” Junmyeon said kindly and smiled. Jongdae looked at his face and also smiled brightly.

            “You love her?” Jongdae trolled and smiled teasingly. Suho startled and quickly replied, “No, no.”

            “I was just kidding, hyung-nim.” Jongdae said and laughed brightly. Junmyeon also smiled.

            “Anyway, hyung-nim, why don’t you go and help her finds her way out? Didn’t you say she was lost?” Jongdae asked and looked at Junmyeon’s face. Junmyeon paused for a moment before replying, “How can I get there?”

            “You should go and seek help from Sehun-gun, hyung-nim.” Jongdae smiled kindly. Junmyeon grinned and quickly left the palace after he said good-bye to Jongdae. He went back to his palace and stopped the rain. He rested for a quick moment before going out of his palace again. He was going to meet the wind angel, Sehun.

Sehun who was lying around on his bed, playing with his wind superpower, saw Junmyeon and quickly stood up to greeted Junmyeon. Junmyeon smiled happily and tapped on Sehun’s shoulder lightly.

            “What bring you here, hyung-nim? My charming wind?” Sehun giggled.

            “Well, you’re kind of right. I have a favor to ask you.”

            “What kind of favor, hyung-nim?”

            “Help me descend to the Earth.” Junmyeon said innocently. Sehun who was drinking his holy water suddenly choke. Junmyeon opened his eyes widely and reached his hand out for the tissue. He gave it to Sehun and Sehun nodded in expressing his thanks.

            “Why do you want to descend to Earth, hyung-nim?

            “It’s a long story.”

            “Make it short.” Sehun said and drink his holy water again.

            “I saw a girl…” Junmyeon said slowly. Sehun choked his water again.

            “You want to descend to Earth for a girl!?” Sehun said surprisingly.

            “Listen to me first, will you?” Junmyeon said. Sehun looked at him and said, “Continue.”

            “I saw a girl… she was lost in the forest and I unknowingly poured rain all of sudden. I asked Luhan to build a small shelter for her, and I’m afraid she can’t find that shelter so I wanted to descend to Earth, disguise as a human and help her. I also want to help her find her way out.”

            “But hyung-nim, what if you took more than 36 hours? If you descend to Earth for more than 36 hours, you’ll lose your wings. Once you lost your wings, you’ll lose a symbol of an angel, and you’ll lose your eternal life. And hyung-nim, you cannot come back. Worst, once you lost your wing, you can only live for only 12 hours more. You won’t die, but you’ll disappear!”

            “It won’t take long. Sehun-gun, please help me.” Junmyeon said with a desperate look.

            “Okay, hyung-nim, last time you gone to Earth for about 34 hours, I was so worry about you. I thought you would lose your wings.”

            “So, you’ll help me descend to Earth?” Junmyeon said happily.

            “…But you can’t descend to Earth in the next ten years. It’s the rule.” Sehun said with a low tone.

            “Thank you, Sehun-gun! I promise you I’ll be back in less than 36 hours.” Junmyeon said happily.

 

            About Yeonhee who was walking alone in the forest was sobbing while asking for help. Then, she found an abandon house in midst of the forest. She thought it was weird, but the house wasn’t that old. It was comfortable, so she went in there and rest there for a while before the rain stopped. What she always wished for, the rain had stopped and she went outside of the house. She wondered; will her classmates even know she’s missing? As she was thinking, a soft and cold wind brushed off her skin which made her shivered in chill. She continued to walked slowly and she smiled in relieve when she saw an appearance. As she walked closer and closer, her smile disappeared as that appearance was someone she never knew. He wore a white plain shirt, a white pants but he was barefoot. He was puzzled. As he felt that someone is behind him, he turned his back around and looked at her with his soft eyes and smiled softly at her. She was startled and taken back her pace. He approached her and asked, “You’re lost, right?”

            “Yes.”

            “What’s your name?”

            “Moon Yeonhee, you?”

            “… call me Suho.” He said kindly.

            “Suho?” Yeonhee whispered at the strange yet beautiful name.

            “It’s not my real name, actually.” He said and smiled. /because I wanted to be your guardian./

            (*author’s note: Suho in Korean means guard.)

            “So, what’s your real name?” Yeonhee asked curiously. Suho smiled before replying, “Do you want to know?”

            “Of course.” Yeonhee said innocently.

            “My real name is Kim Junmyeon.” Junmyeon replied. Yeonhee nodded slowly.

            “So, you’re also lost in this forest?”

            “… Yes.” Junmyeon replied.

            “The sky is gloomy, I think it’ll rain again, I found a shelter a while ago, let’s go there.” Yeonhee said and walked back to the house a while ago. She sat down on the wooden bed and looked at his Junmyeon’s action. He was looking around the unfamiliar house, even though he knew it’s the house that he requested to make. He never knew the interior would be this cozy.

            “It won’t rain.” Junmyeon broke the silence. Yeonhee looked at his face weirdly, before asking, “Why would you be so sure?”

Junmyeon startled at Yeonhee’s word. It won’t rain because he wasn’t there, on the heaven, to create rain, so who would? But how can he tell that to Yeonhee?

            “Well… uh… I… I studied a lot about the weather, so…” Junmyeon said brightly.

            “Oh, is that so? You must be a good student. Actually, I love nature a lot, I just got lost, my school came here for a field trip, the other students were having fun, and I bet they didn’t even know I was lost.” She said disappointedly. “I wish I could go back, since we both lost, can we find a way back together?”

            “Of course.” Junmyeon said kindly.

            “You’re a nice person.”

            “Why are they having fun, and why are you getting lost?”

            “I followed the animal’s footstep, I lost the footstep, and I also lost my way back.” She looked at her shoes.

            “And what’s that you’re hanging on your neck? A necklace wouldn’t that big…” Junmyeon asked innocently. Yeonhee giggled and replied while laughing, “Are you sure you’re a student? Aren’t you someone who lives here?”

            “…?” Junmyeon’s puzzled face made Yeonhee once again broke into laughter.

            “It’s a camera.”

            “Camera? What’s a camera?”

            “You really don’t know this, or you’re pretending not to know?” Yeonhee laughed softly.

            “I really don’t know it.”

            “It’s a machine for recording visual images, in form of videos or pictures.” She explained.

            “Can you show me, how it work?” Junmyeon asked curiously. Yeonhee walked toward him and sat next to him.

            “Now, smile~” Yeonhee smiled brightly to the screen while Junmyeon flashed a smile awkwardly. She clicked the button and showed Junmyeon the image. Junmyeon looked at his face weirdly, the first time he ever see this humanely device. Of course, he live in the heaven for thousands of years already, how can he know human’s technology? He diverted his gaze to Yeonhee’s face that was smiling prettily. Yeonhee closed the camera and smiled proudly.

            “It’s a memory, I got lost in the forest and I met you.” Yeonhee smiled innocently.

            “…” Junmyeon replied nothing but curved a small smile.

            “I think you looked better outside rather than the screen, your natural smile look better than your awkward one.” Yeonhee smiled. Junmyeon also smiled in respond, but he said nothing.

            “Anyway, technologies are everywhere right now, how can you not know a camera? It’s absurd… And why are you barefoot? Aren’t your feet hurt?”

            “I am fine.” Junmyeon smiled.

            “And I told you my story, how did you get lost? And where are you from?” Yeonhee asked innocently. Junmyeon looked at her face sorrowfully. He couldn’t tell her, even though she’s curious, and even if he told her, she won’t believe. Even so, he wouldn’t want to lie to her again, she’s so innocent. Junmyeon curved a small smiled before replying, “Secret.”

            “You sure are weird.” Yeonhee said and turned away, and looked at the sky.

            “Are you thirsty?”

            “Kind of, but where could we get a water?” Yeonhee turned her head and asked. Junmyeon looked at her and smiled.

            “It’s really easy to get water.”

            “Really? How can you get it?” Yeonhee asked. Once again, Junmyeon slipped out his tongue, he was startled at her word. But then, something came into his mind.

            “When I was walking here, I found a small river.”

            “Is it near here?”

            “… Yes, yes, it is. You can stay here; I can get it for you.”

            “Are you sure?”

            “Of course.” Junmyeon said happily and went outside. He picked a clean leaf from somewhere and filled the leaf with water he created with his hand. He smiled proudly and walked back into the house calmly.

            “You can have this.” He said and handed over the leaf in his hand to her.

            “You should have some before you gave it to me.” Yeonhee said worriedly.

            “Thanks for your concern, but I already had some while I was taking it.”

            “And you’re fast. It was quick.”

            “… Yes, kind of.” Junmyeon smiled awkwardly.

            “Ahh~ the sky is getting dark~” Yeonhee said and looked at the cloudless sky.

            “Do you want to come back to your friend?” Junmyeon asked without looking at her face, but also looked at the sky, where he lived; heaven.

            “Of course.” Yeonhee said innocently. Junmyeon looked at her and curved a small smile.

            “It’s getting dark; I don’t think you’ll find your friends today. You should rest here.”

            “What about you? You also want to come back to your friends and your home, right?”

            “Maybe yes, maybe no.”

            “Why not?”

            “You know… being a human is not boring.”

            “What’re you saying?” Yeonhee raised her eyebrows and asked. For the third times, Junmyeon slipped his tongue unknowingly.

            “Ah! Because... because, this place is nice, isn’t it?” Junmyeon forced a laugh, an awkward laugh. Yeonhee looked at his face strangely but didn’t ask anything more.

            “I wanted to see my friends quickly. Even though… even though, sometimes they’re bad to me, they bully me, but I wanted to see them quickly.” Yeonhee said and tears unknowingly escaped her eyes. Junmyeon quickly noticed it and quickly went to sit by her side. He wiped her tears off using his thumb, which made her surprised by his action. He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her softly into his embrace. Yeonhee sobbed inside his chest and finally, what seemed like hours, Yeonhee finally stopped.

            “You should rest.” Junmyeon tapped her shoulder lightly and smiled lightly. Yeonhee looked at his face and wiped off her remaining tears.

            “Thank you. So… where will you sleep? On the bed?” Yeonhee asked and pointed to the bed.

            “Of course no, you should rest on the bed. I will sleep outside, guarding the house and you.” Junmyeon smiled brightly and walked outside. He brushed off the dirt on the ground, next to the wall and sat there, pulling all of his body’s weight to the wall, so it can support his body. He closed his eyes and was willing to sleep, but the uncomfortable place and uncomfortable environment woke him up in less than 10 minutes. He realized he shouldn’t be sleeping; he should use this time to try his best to find the way out. He stood up and was about to walked away before he turned his head to the direction of the soft wind.

A familiar figure suddenly appeared in front of him and opened his eyes slowly. He walked quickly to the appearance, held his arm and walked quickly away from the house.

            “Tao-gun, what’re you doing?” Junmyeon finally stopped and asked the tall figure next to him.

            “Hyung-nim, I’m here to remind you, you’ve spent 7 hours on Earth; you have 29 hours left. I’m a time angel so this is my task hyung-nim, please excuse me.” Tao talked calmly and respectfully to the elder with his poker face.

            “Even so, you couldn’t just appear like that! What if you were caught by human?” Junmyeon opened his eyes largely, warning the younger.

            “Me? You should be worrying about yourself hyung-nim; you should be hurry and quickly returned back to the heaven.” Tao said calmly.

            “When we descend to Earth, our wings have temporarily taken away, so I can’t fly, I can only search, just like her.” Junmyeon said and looked away, rubbing his neck lightly. Tao looked at him with a poker expression and opened his mouth to say again.

            “What’s so important about her, hyung-nim?”

            “What’re you talking about?”

            “We should not be getting involved in humans’ business, hyung-nim.”

            “I’ll be back as soon as possible, now get back to the heaven, Tao-gun.”

            “Remember, hyung-nim, even though I’m a time angel, I can travel through time, I can freeze time, but I cannot turn back time, hyung-nim. It is important, hyung-nim. So, I’ll take my leave.” Tao said and disappeared in a blink of eyes. Junmyeon stared into the space and looked at the ground exhaustedly.

            “29 hours left…” He murmured quietly and looked at the clear dark sky. He then lifted up his hand and created the water circle around him. He breathed in the fresh oxygen from the water and he putted his hand down. The water suddenly fell down and covered the ground around him. He walked back to the house and got no choice but to rest for a night. If he went into the forest alone, he might also get lost and may be couldn’t even go back to the heaven. He was regretted, he should’ve asked Tao to find the way for him.

He couldn’t go back to the heaven to find the way, but of course he could find the way only if he’s on the heaven, but if he went back, he couldn’t come back down to tell Yeonhee, because according to the rule, he cannot descend back on Earth for the next 10 years. He closed his eyes, tired with all the thought and wishing to get some sleep and surprisingly, this time, he slept well.

 

            Morning came by quickly, Yeonhee was awake, she got out of the bed and walked outside and was startled when she saw Junmyeon was sleeping soundly beside the wall, with his knee bend up to keep him warm. Junmyeon opened his eyes slowly because he was hearing the sound and saw Yeonhee in front of him. He smiled brightly and greeted her, “Good morning, Yeonhee-ssi.^^”

            “Good morning, Suho-ssi, are you cold?” Yeonhee asked worriedly and looked at him. Junmyeon looked at his knee and quickly straighten it and said,

            “No, no, I’m fine.”

            “You don’t seem fine, Suho-ssi, you got hit by the rain yesterday, right? Do you have a fever?”

            “I didn’t get hit by the rain…”

            “Ah, really? Then it’s a relief to hear that. Are you hungry, Junmyeon-ssi? I’ll go and find us some foods.”

            “It’s okay, Yeonhee-ssi, I’ll do it, you can stay here and rest.” Junmyeon said kindly and smiled. Yeonhee smiled as a responded and said,

            “No, Suho-ssi, you brought me water yesterday, I was thankful, now it’s the time to pay you back.” Yeonhee smiled. Suho also smiled.

            “Then, I’ll go with you.”

            “… okay then ^^” Yeonhee said and walked out of the house. Junmyeon followed behind her closely and they have found numerous apple trees. Yeonhee smiled brightly and picked the apple from the tree, rubbed it with her clothes and gave it to Junmyeon.

            “Here, Suho-ssi^^”

            “It’s okay, you can eat it.” Junmyeon said kindly and smiled. Yeonhee also smiled.

            “Take it~” Yeonhee said with her puppy eyes and giggled brightly when Junmyeon accepted her apple. Yeonhee picked another apple from the tree and rubbed it with her clothes before biting it.

            “Anyway, how old are you, Suho-ssi?”

            “… Secret. You can just talk like that to me.” Junmyeon smiled brightly and bite his apple.

            “You are too mysterious.” Yeonhee said and shook her head before she took another bite of the apple. She walked around the area and looked at the tall trees amazedly. Junmyeon looked at her every movement and accidentally spot an ugly creature, drooling on the top of the tree. It was a demon that ate humans but they’re invisible to human.

Junmyeon spotted it and quickly asked if Yeonhee wanted to go back to the house.

            “Yeonhee-ssi, do you want to go back to the house?”

            “Well, can’t we stay here a little longer? I want to pick up some apples for lunch and dinner.”

            “You should go and rest, it’s going to rain soon, I’ll do it for you.”

            “Okay then, then I’ll go first, thank you, Suho-ssi.” Yeonhee left with a smiled on her face. As he was making sure if Yeonhee is completely disappeared from his sight, he looked at the demon that was following her. He glared at him and quickly ran to stop that demon.

            “What? You can see me, what are you?” the demon asked with its deep voice.

            “Get lost and give up your idea of eating here, if you touch her, even a strand of her hair, you’ll die.”

            “Hahaha~ what a joke, do you think I’ll be fool by that? Find somebody else, I’m busy. I’m not curious on who are you or what are you, just move away from my path.”

            “You really want to die, don’t you?” Junmyeon said and created water with his hand and splashed all of it into that demon. The demon fell down in an instance and quickly begged him,

            “Water angel! I’m sorry I couldn’t recognize you. Please spare my life. I won’t eat her, no, I won’t touch her, no, I won’t go next to her.”

            “I’ve already warned you, touch her and you’ll die. And also, tell your friends to…get lost.” Junmyeon said firmly and walked away after the demon disappeared. He picked up numerous apples from the trees and walked back to their shelter.

            “I’m back, Yeonhee-ssi.” Junmyeon said brightly and placed all apples on the table.

            “You’ve worked hard, Suho-ssi. Let’s go and find our way out. I’ll help you carry half of it.” Yeonhee said and held two apples from the table and walked outside of the house. Junmyeon followed her every action and both of them walked into the forest.

As they were walking, a lot of demon followed her with drooled in their mouths, but Junmyeon got rid of them in no time behind her. He killed all of them with his ability and tried to make it as quiet as possible. Yeonhee was continuing walking, knowing nothing and tried her best to find the way.

Both of them walked all-day long, ate their lunch while walking and also ate dinner while walking. Junmyeon tried his best to make a water appeared on every path they go so she didn’t have to be thirsty. After a day of walking, Yeonhee finally spotted some clues and got some hope.

That night, they were resting below the large trees with Junmyeon guarding for the demons. It’s been 34 hours already. Yeonhee was taking a nap soundly below the trees while Junmyeon climbed up the trees, looking for people in a high place, but couldn’t find anything. That night, he felt the soft wind again and a flame angel appeared in front of him.

            “Chanyeol-gun, you should be more careful, what if she found out?” Junmyeon said and hit Chanyeol’s arm softly.

            “What if she found out? Hyung-nim, you should go back with me.” Chanyeol said firmly.

            “No, I can’t.”

            “Why?”

            “… I don’t know, too. I just, can’t go back. I haven’t finished it yet.” Junmyeon said and looked down of the trees, seeing Yeonhee’s sleeping face.

            “It wasn’t your business from the first place, hyung-nim, you shouldn’t feel guilty and followed me back to the heaven.” Chanyeol said and touched Junmyeon’s hand.

            “Ah! It’s hot!”

            “I’m sorry, hyung-nim, I was mad a minute ago. Now, let’s go, hyung-nim.” He said and held Junmyeon’s hand.

            “No, I won’t.” Junmyeon said firmly and stared into Chanyeol’s eyes.

            “Hyung-nim!” Chanyeol said, rising up his volume.

            “Even if you use your power, it’s useless. Remember, my water will always be there to stop your flame… You should just go. I don’t want you to use your power and I also don’t want to use my power.”

            “Hyung-nim, for a human girl… hyung-nim, I’m disappointed in you.” Chanyeol said and left Junmyeon with a heavy heart. He went back into the heaven and went to meet the wind angel who was worrying about Junmyeon the most – Sehun.

           

            “Hyung-nim, you’ve came back.” Sehun said as he saw Chanyeol coming into his palace.

            “Yeah.”

            “Where’s Junmyeon hyung-nim?” Sehun asked and looked behind Chanyeol. Chanyeol looked at him with sorrowful eyes and shook his head lightly.

            “What?” Sehun said again. “Where’s Junmyeon hyung-nim? Didn’t you go and bring him?”

            “He refused.” Chanyeol said quietly and looked at the ground.

            “What!?” Sehun said surprisingly and quickly got out of the living room to the room where he could see Earth below.

            “What’re you doing, Sehun-gun?” Chanyeol followed Sehun.

            “Hyung-nim must come back! He MUST come back. Hyung-nim… he’ll lose his wings…”

            “What’re you trying to do?”

            “Break that tree.” As he finished his sentence, Sehun quickly used his strong wind to blow quickly to break the tree that Yeonhee was below. Junmyeon quickly sensed Sehun’s wind and quickly block it out, offering his back as a shield to protect Yeonhee even though it hurt a lot.

            “He blocked it.” Sehun said hopelessly and quickly descend to the Earth. As he saw Junmyeon, Junmyeon raised his guard up. Sehun sighed and asked him,

            “Hyung-nim, in case you forget, you’ll lose your wing, in the next 1 hour, if you don’t come back to heaven. Hyung-nim, will you end your eternal life just like this?” Sehun said with a low tone.

            “I know that very well, Sehun-gun, thank you for your worry.” Junmyeon said and looked away, pulling back his guard down.

            “Hyung-nim! You must go back to heaven. Or else… or else…” Sehun looked at him.

            “What’ll you do? You’ll use your power against me? It’s okay. I understand your heart. It’s for my own good.” Junmyeon said.

            “Please go back.” Sehun begged and ended up on his knee in front of Junmyeon. He was startled at the younger’s action.

            “I’m sorry, Sehun-gun, please do not bother me and her sleep.” Junmyeon said and use his water to hit Sehun strongly so that he can reach back in heaven. Junmyeon got off the tree and looked at Yeonhee’s face affectionately. He laid his head onto the tree and closed his eyes and unknowingly fell asleep.

About an hour later, he got a signal in his brain, a call from a heaven emperor. He startled and woke up, the heaven emperor summon him back into the heaven that instance. He couldn’t disobey the rule so he went up into the heaven and went into the court, where Heaven emperor was.

            “Kim Junmyeon, the current water angel.” The heaven emperor said to Junmyeon who was kneeing in front of him.

            “Yes, heaven emperor?” Junmyeon replied.

            “You’ve lost your wing.” The heaven emperor said and everybody in the court was surprised. Junmyeon was also panic, but he remained calm and replied,

            “Yes, heaven emperor.”

            “You only have 12 hours left to live before you disappear. During that time, choose an angel that’s suitable for your position. Choose wisely. And you can also descend back to Earth. It’s a waste to lost a good angel like you, but seem like fate had everything planned all along. And you can fly freely these 12 hours.”

            “Yes, I got it heaven emperor. I apologized for my behavior, to the heaven emperor and also to my close friends, the other angels. May you guys get the best luck. So… farewell. Thank you for all this time.” Junmyeon said with tears in his eyes and left the court in a blink of eyes. He flied to his sub-coordinate’s palace and entered there. They saw Junmyeon’s appearance and quickly bowed, greeting him.

            “Angel Taeyong, have you seen angel Jaehyun?” Junmyeon asked one of them in a bunch and tapped on Taeyong’s shoulder lightly.

            “Report, Junmyeon sunbaenim, Jaehyun-gun has gone to the river to take the holy water.” Taeyong replied enthusiastically.

            “Tell him to come find me in my palace. As soon as possible. And you guys should go there, too.” Junmyeon said and looked at the ground before leaving to his own palace. After making sure Junmyeon had gone from his sight, Taeyong sent a telepathy message for Jaehyun to come quickly to Junmyeon’s palace. After flying quickly, Jaehyun arrived their palace and gone to Junmyeon’s palace together, with his fellow angel.

            “Greeting, Junmyeon sunbaenim.” All of them bowed 90 degrees.

            “Stand up.” Junmyeon said and all of them stood up quickly. Junmyeon looked at them and said, “I called all of you here, because, you know? I’ve lost my wings about an hour ago; I only have 12 hours left before I disappear. In the name of the current water angel, I shall choose Jaehyun as the next generation’s water angel.”

All of them raised their head up and looked at Jaehyun. Jaehyun looked at Junmyeon’s face before kneeling with one of his knee.

            “Sunbaenim, thank you, I’ll do your job well and will be responsible for everything I do.” Jaehyun said firmly and looked at the ground. Junmyeon smiled to his satisfied and said,

            “You guys, have to work well together, just like what you used to do. You shall go now. I bet you a farewell and good luck all of you.” Junmyeon smiled and Jaehyun and his fellow left the palace with tears in their eyes. They worked with Junmyeon for all these decades and of course, it was sad to let him go, knowing that, he won’t be there anymore, not anywhere.

Junmyeon walked into his bedroom and looked down into the Earth, finding a way for Yeonhee. He saw a small light, far away from where Yeonhee was. He remembered the entire road and left his palace to Sehun’s palace.

            “Sehun-gun.” Junmyeon called out his name once he stepped his foot on Sehun’s palace.

            “Hyung-nim, how could you do that?”

            “I’m sorry.” Junmyeon said and looked at the ground.

            “It was my entire fault. I shouldn’t let you descend to the Earth.” Sehun said and also looked at the ground. Junmyeon heard that and quickly held Sehun’s shoulder.

            “It wasn’t your fault, Sehun-gun. Everything started because of me, myself. I was wrong. But somehow, even though I lost my eternal life, but I’m happy because I can be with her. Being an angel is boring anyway.” Junmyeon forced out a small awkward laugh and immediately stopped when Sehun shot him a laser eyes.

            “Hyung-nim… so… what do you want to do now?”

            “I think… going to all of our palaces and say good bye to them and maybe descend back to Earth and find her a way… if there’s time, I will come back on the heaven and disappeared here, since it’s my home.” Junmyeon said sorrowfully and looked at Sehun. Tears were already forming in Sehun’s eyes, but he didn’t let any of them escape his eyes.

            “It’s okay, I am fine. Now, let’s go to the other’s palace.” Junmyeon said and forced a smiled crookedly before flying out of Sehun’s palace with him.

They walked to the light angel’s palace, which is the place that their other angel friends love to gather together. And as expected, everybody was there, the light angel – Baekhyun, the flame angel – Chanyeol, the strength angel – Kyungsoo, the teleportation angel – Jong In, the Frost angel – Xiumin, the lightning angel – Chen, the telekinesis angel – Luhan, the fly angel – Yi Fan, the time control angel – Tao and lastly the healing angel – Lay.

 

            “Everybody’s here.” Junmyeon said and curved a small smile.

            “We were planning to go and visit you.” Baekhyun said with his unusual sad face.

            “Are you okay, hyung-nim?” Jong In asked and tapped on Junmyeon’s shoulder softly.

            “I’m fine, I’m actually very happy. I came here to say farewell to all of us. I’m sorry for what I’ve done, especially, Chanyeol and Sehun. Chen and Luhan, thanks for always helping, everybody, thank you for everything. Wherever I go, I will remember all of you guys.” Junmyeon said and curved a small smile. All of the angels got tears in their eyes from the touching words.

            “It’s okay, hyung-nim. We’ll always be there to help you.” Kyungsoo said and smiled crookedly. Junmyeon smiled as a responded and left the palace, leaving all of the 11 angels alone.

Tao, the time control angel burst into tears and hugged Yi fan tightly. All of them comforted each other and did not say a word. It just couldn’t come out of their mouth. They’ve known each other for the moment they were born and spent thousands of years together. Everybody was sad.

About Junmyeon who walked out of the palace, he immediately descended to the Earth to where the tree that Yeonhee was resting below. He got on the tree and sat down there. It’s already dawn. He looked at Yeonhee’s face and got on the ground quickly.

Hearing strange noise, Yeonhee woke up and saw Junmyeon before her eyes. She curved a small smile and asked, “Did you sleep well last night?”

            “…Yeah.” Junmyeon said and curved a small smiled while rubbing his neck.

            “You woke up early, let’s go and continue our journey.” Yeonhee said and smiled brightly before stand up and walked side by side with Junmyeon. Since, Junmyeon remembered all of the ways, he leads the way. After about 6 hours, it was noon and Yeonhee found the similar animal footstep. She looked at Junmyeon excitedly and said, “I found the foot step, if I followed it, I can find my friends.”

Junmyeon curved a healing smile but replied nothing. It’s happy and sad at the same time, he was happy that Yeonhee finally can find her classmates but he was sad that it was almost time for them to break apart. After about an hour, she finally saw a trace of humans’ footsteps and joined her friends after a long time, she hugged them tightly and never wished to be apart again. Her classmates spotted Junmyeon and all of them have a strange expression on their face.

            “Yeonhee-ah… who is he?” one of her classmates asked. Yeonhee turned her head and looked at Junmyeon.

            “Ah! He was also lost in the forest.” Yeonhee smiled.

            “I think… it’s time for me to go.” Junmyeon said and smiled lightly.

            “Where’re you going?” Yeonhee asked worriedly.

            “Oh… my friends were also nearby, I should joined them as soon as possible.” Junmyeon said.

            “Ahh~ Really? Anyway, thank you Suho-ssi, for always stay by my side. Farewell^^” Yeonhee said and smiled brightly but was also sad to let him go, the person who suffered with her.”

            “Then, good bye, Yeonhee-ssi.” Junmyeon said with a drop of tears forming in his eyes and disappeared into the forest. He flied back to the heaven and stopped at the heaven’s lake. He met with Sehun before he go to the lake, he left out a few words at Sehun and it was almost time for him to disappeared.

He walked along the lake’s side, the holy water that feed all of the angels and he played around sadly with his water superpower. As times went by, his hand slowly vanished and soon later, his body also vanished nearby the lake. He thought he was born with a water superpower, and he should disappear with anything related to water.

And that moment, he was completely gone.

And also in that moment, rain heavily fell onto the Earth as it its owner had disappeared, it wasn’t Jaehyun’s work, it was actually Junmyeon’s soul.

 

            With Yeonhee’s back, the whole class got into the bus and returned back to the city. A few days later, a holiday, Yeonhee stayed in her house and read her books. That moment, a strong wind brushed with the trees in front of her house. She saw a strange phenomenon and got outside. The wind blew all of her hair backward and she saw a figure in the garden.

She walked closer and saw a tall figure with black color hair, facing his back with her.

            “Who… are you?” She asked suspiciously. The figure turned his head to face her and looked at her face strangely.

            “You’re that girl that met Junmyeon hyung-nim, right?”

            “Junmyeon? You meant Suho-ssi?” Yeonhee asked strangely. The figure nodded his head and replied, “Can I talked with you for a moment?”

            “Yes, sure. Let’s go into the house.” Yeonhee said and led the way into her house. A figure sat down and took a few glances at the strange environment.

            “I am the wind angel, Sehun.” Sehun said firmly and looked at Yeonhee’s face.

            “What’re you talking about? Angel?”

            “Yeah.”

            “How can I believe you?” Yeonhee asked suspiciously. Sehun sighed and blew off his wind to make the photo frame on the wall to fell down. Yeonhee opened her eyes largely, cannot believe the reality in front of her face.

            “Now, do you? Please make sure you don’t tell anybody about my identity or the thing I am going to talk to you sooner.”

            “Okay. And how did you know Suho-ssi?”

            “I’m here to tell you that. He’s also an angel, a water angel.” Sehun paused for a moment.

            “What? Suho-ssi was a water angel? I don’t understand any of your words.”

            “Believe it or not is your business, but that’s a reality. And I also don’t know why I am here to tell you all of these, only if it wasn’t Junmyeon hyung-nim’s last wish.” Sehun shook his head lightly. Yeonhee wrinkled her eyebrows.

            “Last wish?”

            “He’s… he disappeared.” Sehun said and looked at the ground. Yeonhee was too shocked to even say a word.

            “…”

            “I saw all of his actions that he did for you, while you have no clues at all, he’s a water angel, he makes rain, he felt pity for you, who got lost in the forest, and asked everybody to help him to help her, asked telekinesis angel to build a small shelter for you, and even asked me to help him descend Earth.”

            “So… the shelter was made by the angel?”

            “Do you really think it’s an abandoned house?”

            “…”

            “While walking with you, he had killed numerous demons that were planning to eat you. He blocked out my strong wind for you, even though it hurt a lot. He has done a lot for you, and it makes me angry because you didn’t know anything. He even lost his wings because of you.” Sehun raised his voice.

            “… Lost his wings?”

            “He lost the symbol of angel, it meant he lose his eternal life. Actually, there’s a rule, if there’s an angel who descend to Earth more than 36 hours, he’ll lost his wings. And once he lost his wing, he’ll disappear in 12 hours… But even though he can make it into the heaven before 36 hours, he can’t descend back to Earth for the next ten years. Even though some of us come to convinced him, he refused to go back, because he knew in the heaven, he can find a way for you, but he can’t tell you because he can’t descend back to Earth. It’s all because of you. And after he say good bye to you, he came back to the heaven and disappeared at the heaven’s lake. He also told me that he even though he lost his eternal life, he’s happy, because he can spend his last moment in his life with you. ” Sehun said and shed a small amount of tears. Yeonhee also cried and embrace her face in her palm.

            “…”

            “And, before he went to the lake, he told me to tell you this… that… he loves you.”

 

-=======-

           

            “And that wind angel left…” Yeonhee finished the story to her granddaughter, Jihyun who was crying silently next to her.

            “Grandma…”

            “Yes, Jihyun?” Yeonhee curved a small smile.

            “…Did grandpa know this?” Jihyun asked.

            “Your grandpa didn’t exist, Jihyun-ah… I never got married.” Yeonhee said and looked away, not willing to show Jihyun her tears. After rubbing her eyes, she turned back to Jihyun and smiled crookedly.

            “… so, my mom…”

            “She’s adopted, Jihyun-ah…” Yeonhee said and Jihyun cried harder.

            “Grandma… you’re such a nice person. Thank you…”

            “I’m not, if I am, I would know he has done everything for me…” Yeonhee said and hugged Jihyun to comfort her.

            “Grandma…”

            “The rain has stopped, you should go and rest, Jihyun-ah, you must be tired from the long flight.” Yeonhee curved a small smile. Jihyun walked away from the living room, leaving her grandmother, Yeonhee alone. Yeonhee walked outside and looked at the clear sky affectionately.

She curved a small smile and murmured, “She’s the only one who know it, angel Sehun.”

Yeonhee curved a small smiled again and breathed in the fresh air that was left after the rain. Her tears instantly escaped her eyes with no ending journey. She held out a paper from her pocket. A black&white photo, her younger self was smiling brightly while a man beside flashed an awkward-yet-beautiful smile. She looked at the photo and murmured again,

 

            “Wherever you are, I’ve always loved you and forever, I’ll remember you.”

 

 

----==========----

THE END

 

            Did you enjoy reading this? If you do, please subscribe and upvote the story. Thank you a lot for spending your time to read this. I really thank you.

I’m sorry I couldn’t delivere you a happy-ending, but I tried my best to explained everything.

Have a nice day!

Good bye~