001

Spells and Blood
Ari’s pov:
 

It was a rainy night, and I was in my room practicing some spells my mother had left behind for me. My father had given these spells to me after my mother passed away, and shortly after that he passed away too. Ever since then, I have been practicing these spells by myself. I’m not like other people out there. In this world that I live in, there are vampires, humans, and then there is me; a witch. Witches are looked down on, and that’s why I chose to stay in my family’s cabin in the forest. Even though it was an hour drive from town, I didn’t mind. I only needed to go to town whenever I needed to restock my fridge, and that was rarely. 

 
A puff of smoke attacked my visions, and I coughed, swatting the smoke away. I was actually trying to make a healing potion, but my proportions was wrong. Sighing, I put the tube in my hand down, and walked out of my room heading to the kitchen. When I get in the kitchen, I realize that I have been behind on doing the dishes. A pile of dirty dishes was sitting in the sink, but I ignore it and grab a clean plate from the cabinet. I place the plate on the kitchen island as I make my way to the fridge, opening it to see what I have in there. Lucky for me, I had some extra thinly sliced ham, cheese, and lettuce. Grabbing those three things along with the mayo, I place them on the island next to my plate and then reach for the pack of bread which was already sitting on the island.
 
I make myself a sandwich and head to the living room. I remind myself that my mother’s death anniversary was coming up in three days, so I should go into town to grab some flowers. After finishing my sandwich, I change into a pair of faded blue jeans that happen to have some rips for design. I slipped a hoody on, because it was raining hard tonight. After that, I slip on my red pair of converse, and look into the mirror one last time before I left. I decided to leave my hair down, because I was too lazy to do anything with it. 
 
I should really be shopping tomorrow during the day, but I don’t really like it when the plaza gets crowded.
 
Here’s the funny thing. I drive my dad’s old car, and let me tell you, when I say old I mean old. It was an old beat down truck, thats color has faded. Well, I can’t do anything about it, because I didn’t have the extra money to go get a fresher looking car. This is also a reason why I don’t go into town that much, because this car only runs on miracles. Meaning it breaks down every now and then, and I don’t know how but I manage to be able to tell when it works, and when it doesn’t. I guess it’s a thing I have with this car, since it technically is my first car, and I named it Jae. 
 
It was a miracle that I was able to make it into town. Considering that the rain was beating down on Jae, and he didn’t even have the heater. But I’m not going to complain about it to you guys. I park Jae in a free parking lot, and turn him off. Hopping out, I make sure the doors was locked, because I didn’t want anyone stealing him. Not like anyone would want Jae. Sorry Jae. 
 
I am now in the town’s plaza. Its quite big, and well, everyone shops here. You can get everything you needed here in one go. 
 
Even though no one knows that witches exists anymore, I was still cautious. I haven’t met any other witches ever since my parents passed away. 
 
I enter a grocery store, and mentally noted to myself of the things that I need at home. I pick up some veggies, and then I head towards the meat section. When I was done with picking up everything that I needed, I headed towards the cashier. Everything went on smoothly, and I was out of the store. Holding my grocery bags, I walk towards Jae. Even though it was night time, there was people that were still out and about. I passed by a family, who were laughing at a joke that the dad has just told. But I didn’t miss the faint foot steps, or the eyes from the corner of the building next to the grocery store I just exit from. 
 
I grew cautious, and picked up my pace. Lucky for me, when I reached my car, there was a family who were unloading their things into their trunk, that parked next to me. I unlocked Jae, and enter, locking all the doors after I got in. Turning him on, I turn the headlights on and backed up, the speeded away. I’ve never experience something like this before, so when this happen, my heart was pounding fast. When I was finally far enough where I can’t see the towns lights anymore, my heart eased and slowed down. 
 
Maybe I just overreacted back there. My shoulders started to ease up, and relax as I continue the drive home. Only thirty more minutes and I’ll be home, where I feel the most safe. The rain had stopped pouring, and I thanked the heavens, because the windshield wipers weren’t in the best condition. Just when I thought things were getting better, the miracle ran out. Jae completely broke down, and I groaned annoyed. 
 
Really Jae? You couldn’t wait until I get home? I sighed, and unbuckled my seatbelt. I open the door, and stepped out of the car, closing the door behind me. Walking to the front, I popped the hood, and a puff of smoke came out, making me cough and swat away the smokes. I have no idea how to fix a car, so I touched a few things inside the hood, and groaned. Giving up, I kicked the front wheel, and let out a painful groan. I only have thirty more minutes until I get home anyways, if I were to drive. But because I can’t drive there, It now seems like I’ll have at least a good forty-five minutes walk to my house. Hooray for exercising huh? 
 
Walking back to the car, I open the door and grabbed all of my groceries. I figure I can always come back tomorrow during day time to try to fix Jae, and get the other things that I bought. I began my walk back home, and trust me, these bags of groceries weren’t light. I don’t understand why I had brought all of them.
 
It was about a good ten minutes into my walk, that I heard some shuffling’s coming over from a nearby bush. Okay, I’m not afraid of the dark, but this is freaking me out. I stopped where I was at, and searched around me, hoping that it was just a friendly deer, or squirrel passing by. When I didn’t see anything, I let out a sigh of relief and continue to walk. The thing was, I heard a branch breaking somewhere from within the forest that the hair on my back literally stood up, and I froze once again.
 
“Who’s there?!” I asked no one in particular. No answer. Cautiously, I took a step and now I know I was not going crazy. I heard someones breath, and the a gush of wind passes by. this , I’m running now. So I began with a sprint, which slowly progressed into a fast run. I never looked back, but I can hear something chasing after me. What seemed to be like one person, now sounded like three. And then it hit me. Earlier when I got out of the grocery store, there was someone watching me. I was dumb to not think about that. 
 
I can feel my throat burning from breathing in and out so hard. Let’s just say that, I don’t exercise much. My lungs were now also feeling like it was burning, and I kid you not I began to feel lightheaded. Who would want anything to do with me? I don’t even socialize with anyone. 
 
As I was running and questioning myself, I make a turn and realize that the running sounds from the unknown thing was now gone. But that wasn’t going to stop me from running. I kept running until I saw the roof of my small cabin home. Heck I sprinted quickly to my cabin, and open the door, locking it. I finally let go of the breath that seems like I have been holding onto for a while now, and slid down my door, praising myself for escaping whatever situation that was, that I had just managed to escape. 
 
Standing up, I make sure that the door was locked properly, and then took the bags of groceries into my kitchen. I placed everything on the table, and mentally noted to myself that I should do the dishes tomorrow. Heading to my room, I threw the keys to Jae, on my night stand, and walk into my bathroom. I was going to take a shower, so I let the water running to get the heat up, because it took a while for the water to heat up. I walk out of the bathroom, and headed to my drawers, and what I heard next made my heart leaped out of my chest. 
 
The ing door to my house was slammed shut, and I got up slowly, tip-toeing to my bedroom door, so I can lock it. Sadly, the intruder was fast as heck, and when I saw him, I slammed the door but he managed to stop me. It was a battle of the strengths, and it was obvious who won. He had indescribable strengths. I made a run to my bathroom, when he successfully pushed the door open, but he pulled me by my hood, which manage to almost choke the life out of me. 
 
In a flash, I was pinned against the wall, with on of my hand twisted behind my back and face pinned to the wall. “Who are you?!” I screamed. 
 
“You need to come with us.” His voice was deep, which scared me honestly.
 
“Who are you, and why are you invading my house?!” This time a I spoke a little louder.
 
“You got the girl?” Another man, dressed in a black suite came running in. What does it look like, doofus? I mentally barked back at the dude.
 
“We need to leave.” The same man spoke, and the one who was rudely pinning my face to the wall nodded. He yanked me off the wall, and I took this opportunity to turn around, kick him in the balls, and somehow managed to make it passed the second dude, remembering to close the door behind me. I ran through the hall, but they were already on my tail. I dashed towards the door. Grabbing the knob, I twisted it and swung it open, but what lied behind the door made me step back. There was another dude. 
 
What the hell do they want with me? The man outside begin walking in towards me as I step back.
 
“Listen here,” the second guy from earlier said. They practically surrounded me, and it wasn’t fair because there were three against one. “We need you to come with us.” Hell no!
 
“Who are you guys?” I asked for the third time tonight, feeling irritated. 
 
“Listen Ari,” my eyes widened when guy number one said my name. “How do you know my name?” I question them, not going down without a fight. “That’s not important. What’s important is, we need you to come with us. Now.” He said sternly, but I will never go with them willingly.
 
I made a dash for the door, but guy number three caught me before I could. 
 
“Let me go!” I shouted, but he didn’t budge or loosen his grip on me. I fought and fought, but it was no use. By this time, I was grabbed by guy number two, and I saw his eyes turn a solid red, before I fainted. But before I fainted, I clearly remember thinking, why the hell didn’t you do this from the start, and save me from using all that energy that I used, idiot?
 
 
 
=+=+=+=+=+=
 
 
So chapter one is quiet short and simple. I hope you enjoy, and please do leave a comment.