Final

Hold Me Tight

 

Everyone pointed out his mistakes. They ignored his success but they always seem to have eyes for his flaws. No one complimented his beautiful voice and powerful dances but when he slips and falls flat on his face it would immediately trigger a fit of laughter. He would laugh along but sometimes it was hard. Hard to crack a smile and stifle a sob. Was it because he was the youngest? Was it because he's underaged? 

Jungkook tripped again at the second chorus and the music stopped, all eyes on him, fingers pointing at him. 

Yoongi's sarcastic comment was like a knife through his chest and Jimin and Taehyung's imitations of him falling were like a wave of humiliation against his fragile frame. 

"Get up, maknae." Namjoon whistled and ruffled his hair playfully. He stood up and laughed, "Haha..sorry, I missed my footing." Hoseok laughed and clapped as if he was watching Jungkook in a cage, forced to impress thousands and millions of people with different expectations and standards.


Late at night, he slipped out of his room and into the living room where he sat on the window, gazing up at the stars and only then did he let his tears fall. Only then did he bawl out his eyes. Only then did he curl into a tight ball under the makeshift spotlight the moonlight offered. Only then did he scratch lines on his wrists because the knife was too far and he didn't want to deal with the burning pain under the hot shower in the morning. 

He cried out all the emotions he had been holding in. All the frustrations and anger. He knew s were just being playful and he loves that because that means his band is full of youth but sometimes he just wished that they wouldn't point out his mistakes and flaws and rub it on his face as if he didn't stare at the mirror and yell at himself for being stupid and careless. All he wanted was for s to embrace him for who he is and help him get through all the pain and suffering he had to go through every night when they're asleep.



Jungkook woke up to the smell of eggs and hot chocolate. He fluttered his swollen eyes open and the sunlight blinded him but he still managed to roll off the bed, falling flat on his chest on the floor causing a nearby Jimin to laugh and throw a pillow at him as he was trying to stand up. "You're so cute, Kookie!" he clapped before standing up to sit with the other members around the table. Jungkook smiled weakly and dusted himself before going to the bathroom to wash his face clean off dry tears. His hair was a mess and his lips were chapped. His eyes were red and swollen and his cheeks were covered with dry tear trails. He quickly grab every lotion and powder he could find and poured it all in his face and once he was satisfied of how he looked he stepped outside the bathroom to eat with the members. 

He sat between Seokjin and Taehyung and bowed before drinking from his cup. "Eat up." Seokjin placed a plate of scrambled eggs in front of him. He noticed he had more eggs than the rest of the members and his glass was slightly taller. He glanced at the older who gave him a motherly smile. "Thank you.." Jungkook looked down at his empty lap before eating in silence, trying not to listen to Hoseok who was reminding everyone about how Jungkook's voice cracked during that high note and how he accidentally smacked his face with his own hand during a backflip. 

He finished off breakfast fast so he can get up and leave because he didn't know how much he can take until he finally cried in front of s. 

He locked himself in the bathroom and stripped off his clothes, turning on the shower and ducking under the warm water. He then let his tears fall again, wrapping his arms around him and telling himself that it'll be okay even though he was only lying to himself. It was the one thing he wanted s to say when he made a mistake. He wanted them to say that it's ok to make mistakes and that he can improve.


Jungkook refused to stand up this time. He fell for the nth time and laughter soon followed after and he refused to stand up. Refused to get up and make the same mistake and hear the same fit of laughter. But something told him if he didn't get up people are going to have to make him stand up and they'd see his face. The face he makes late at night. 

So with shaky hands and legs, he propped himself up and stood up with a fake smile. "Sorry." he bowed and a towel was thrown at him. "I think we need a break." Namjoon chuckled, "Kookie will faint soon if we don't." Yoongi laughed as well as Taehyung and Hoseok while Jimin was on the floor holding his belly from laughing too hard. "This kid could get a job at the circus." Yoongi mused out. "He'd be more popular being a circus freak than a singer!" Taehyung added, making Namjoon laugh and spit out his water. 

Jungkook looked down and held his tears before lifting his head and smiling. 



Jungkook had enough. He can't take it anymore. All the laughter. All the mistakes. All the humiliation. Everything.

He stood on the window sill, feeling the midnight breeze cold against his tear stained cheeks. With just one step. With just one more mistake he can end it all. 

So he did. He lifted his foot and—

"Jeon Jungkook!!" he snapped his head around and he lost his balance. He saw the beautiful night sky and he saw his hyung's horrofied face before he felt a tight grip around his wrist and he was pulled back. He stumbled on the wooden floor and fell against Seokjin's chest. 

"What the were you doing?!" Seokjin scolded. He made a mistake again and Seokjin was pointing it out.

"I'm so sorry! I—I'm sorry!" Jungkook bawled. He cried loud and ugly in front of his hyung who stared at him with sadness. "I'm sorry i'm not perfect! I—I'm so sorry I couldn't get the dance right! I'm so sorry I couldn't re—reach that last high note! I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!!" he cried and cried and cried until he was choking on hiccups. Seokjin pulled him against his chest, making him sit between his legs. He hugged him tight and warm. 

"Shh. Hey hey. Jungkook, don't cry. Hyung is here." he cooed and the still sobbing maknae's hair. "Hyung is here, Kookie." he repeated. He always knew something was wrong when Jungkook fell. He always knew something was dragging him down. He watched him, monitored how his mistakes would replay and each time it replays the members would laugh. They would point and laugh but not him. Seokjin would silently watch in the background. He would watch Jungkook stand with shaky limbs and flash a fake smile. 

"I'm sorry, hyung...I'm so sorry.." Jungkook cried, gripping a fist full of his hyung's shirt. He was shaking. A few seconds late and he could be laying dead on the cold concrete. A few seconds late and his parents would mourn at his mistake. A few seconds late and he wouldn't be able to tell Seokjin how sorry he was for not being that perfect maknae every group wanted.

"We don't want a perfect maknae, Jungkook. We just want you." he caressed his tear stained cheek and pressed and long loving kiss on his forehead before pulling him against his chest again. "If you ever do that again...I will follow you. Don't you ever try to do that ever again. Understood?" Seokjin's voice was stern and strict but Jungkook knew he was just afraid. Afraid that he would lose him so he nodded and wrapped his arms around Seokjin's neck and he felt himself being carried. Soon, he felt the soft mattress under his back. He fluttered his eyes open and saw an angel hovering over him. 

"Get some sleep. I won't leave you after that. Like it or not, i'm staying beside you." he slipped an arm under his head and pulled him against his chest and covered themselves with a warm blanket. Jungkook peered up, "You—You're not going to laugh at me?.." he looked so small and so fragile that with just one wrong word he could be sent breaking.

Seokjin shook his head slowly and leaned down to gently press a chaste kiss on his lips, "Why would I laugh?" he whispered, "Everyone makes mistakes, Kookie. You learn from them and I know you will improve. I believe in you, Jungkook." Jungkook's heart swelled as tears filled his eyes. He was so thankful. He wrapped his arms around his hyung tightly and burried his face against the crook of his neck and cried silently. "Tha—Thank you, hyung.." he smiled and Seokjin rubbed small circles on his back. "Shh. Get some rest. Hyung will be here when you wake up." he promised and with that said, Jungkook let himself fall asleep with the sound of Seokjin's soothing heart beat sing to him like a lullaby. 


Yoongi didn't question when he woke up with Jungkook curled tight and warm against Seokjin. He didn't ask when he saw dry tears on their maknae's cheeks. He didn't wonder why the window was open in the living room but somehow he knew he had to stop making fun of their maknae. 

 

When Jungkook fell, Seokjin was beside him in seconds, hands hovering over him. "Are you alright?" he asked and the maknae nodded before pushing himself up and smiling at his hyung. "I'm fine. Thank you." he grinned. Seokjin chuckled and passed a bottle of water to him after opening it. "You worked really hard today, Jungkook." he smiled, "I'm so proud of you." he placed a gentle hand on his head and bumped their foreheads together causing Jungkook to blush and laugh softly. 

The others didn't laugh. They didn't mock. They never asked. Even when Jungkook followed Seokjin to his bedroom. Even when they woke up and Seokjin was hugging Jungkook. Even when their lips were attached. Even when Jungkook was sitting on Seokjin's lap. They never asked. They never questioned. They just watched silently with a smile.

"Congratulations." they simply said when they woke up one morning and Seokjin had his arms around a blushing Jungkook's shoulders. 

 



A/N: Another JinKook story upload xD I'm not even close to done with uploading all my JinKook crappy stories xD For those who don't get the ending. The members were congratulating Seokjin and Jungkook because they finally found out they were now dating ;)

I hope i'm not spamming too much...I just want more JinKook stories out there (;-;)

Am I the only one who likes Seokjin as a top?...I know Kookie is stronger but Seokjin is strong too (030)/ he can carry all the members! and he's taller than Kookie and those shoulders...*le drools*

>~< so I look at the height when i'm deciding on who's the top...I know it's stupid but :,) how can someone so tall be the bottom...ok maybe I like Yoongi as a bottom when it comes to YoonMin (and other Yoongi otps) despite him being taller but c'mon...YOONGI IS SO CUTE AND SMOL AND ADORABLE TO BE TOP!!! SOMEONE AGREE WITH ME HERE!!

I hope you enjoyed this crappy story ^_^)/ <3