Hideous Beast [1]

Somewhere In The Middle

"OMG. Have you heard about the new transfer students? Six total hotties! I hope they're in my class!"

"I know! Especially that guy Chanyeol, they say he's the tallest."

I wrinkled my nose as I hear my schoolmates gossip around the hallway. Ew, they should stop talking about my twin brother like that.

The murmurs continued until the bell rang, each girl having different favorites among the new 'total hotties'. For heaven's sake, they haven't even seen them yet and they're already calling dibs!

I was busy fishing things out of my locker when my phone rang.  "What?"

"Woah. Woke up on the wrong side of the bed?" A familiar voice said on the other line.

I rolled my eyes. "Where are you anyway? Your fangirls are already talking nonstop about you dorks."

I hear him chuckle. "So that's why you're so cranky. Jealous I get all the fangirls?"

I grimace. "I'm a girl."

He mocked a gasp. "You are?" He laughed. "Kidding. We'll be there soon, we're planning a grand entrance. See you!" He said before hanging up.

Ugh, Park Chanyeol.

I placed my phone back on the front pocket of my jeans and balanced the tower of books on my arms. I closed my locker with my head and started walking to my classroom. I was already in front of the door when my phone rang again, making me jump while my books flew and landed on the floor. Oh damn, now I look like a fool.

I groaned inwardly and bent down to pick up my books.

"Need help?"

"What does it look like?" 

Then I hear a faint chukle. I looked up at the owner of the voice and glared. "Why the hell are you here? I thought you dorks were planning some kind of grand entrance?"

He shrugged. "I wanted to be the first to get the girls." 

I rolled my eyes at that, followed by a feeling that I—we were being watched. And we were. I looked around and a few students that were left in the hallway were looking at us. 

Shoot. I immediatley picked up my books and dragged Sehun to the sharp left turn at the end of the hallway. How I did all that in three seconds, I have no clue.

"You, Oh Sehun, a total jerkface, will stay away from Park Cheonmi, the prettiest girl you've ever met, at all times and pretend you don't know me inside and outside the campus except at home," I told him after slightly pushing him to the wall, matched by pointing my index finger and a glare.

"Do you understand?" 

He blankly nods.

"I said, do you understand?" I repeated.

He groaned. "Yes, ma'am."

"Oh really? Repeat what I said," I said as I narrowed my eyes.

He groaned again, louder this time. "I, Oh Sehun, will stay away—" 

"Wrong."

He closed his eyes tightly and massaged his temples before breathing in. "I, Oh Sehun, a total jerkface," he glared at me for a moment, "will stay away from Park Cheonmi at all—"

"Nope."

He groaned, again, and threw his hands in the air, totally exasperated. "I'm so done with this," he said and started walking away, but I pulled back the hood of his jacket. Making him groan, again—God, why does he have to groan every ten seconds?

"—will stay away from Park Cheonmi, the prettiest girl i've ever met," he rolled his eyes, "at all times and pretend I don't know her inside and outside the campus except at home. Happy now?!"

I flashed him a wide grin. "Yes, jerkface."

And as if on cue, the final bell rang, making me run back to my classroom. Of course I left Sehun there. I don't know him, remember?

Now let's just hope those who saw us earlier doesn't remember what they just saw.

I walked to my seat next to the window on the third row and dumped all my things on my desk. I've been at school for no more than thirty minutes and i'm already exhausted. Can this day get any worse?

"Hi everyone!" Very  familiar voices erupted inside the room together with a few airhorns and around two confetti poppers popping.

Talk about grand entrance.

What was my question again? Oh, right. Can this day get any worse? Yes, yes it can.

A series of squeals emerged and girls stood up from their seats to rampage these six dorks in front of the room.

Park Chanyeol, my twin brother—unfortunately—and his friends, Byun Baekhyun, Do Kyungsoo, Kim Junmyeon, Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun.

I rolled my eyes as I watch them being attacked by ruthless girls—some boys too. They seem to have a hard time but they clearly enjoyed the attention. Jerks. My eyes traveled to Sehun, who mercilessly pushed away every girl who went near him.

Typical Oh Sehun. 

"Get your hands off me!" He told the last girl on his way and slapped the girl's hand to stop it from touching his arm. I actually felt sorry for the girl—Jung Krystal, but I remembered how she was to everyone so I just inwardly laughed at her.

My smile faded when I saw a smirking Sehun about to walk to my direction. I crossed my arms and glared at him, saying something like come near me and i'll chop your balls. Sehun frowned and muttered something before stomping back to where the girls were.

I immediatley heard his girly squeal when a group of girls clinged on to him. What a dork.

 


 

"ing first day and i'm ing disecting a ing frog."

I stopped cutting the frog's skin and turned to my left to see Sehun glaring at the frog on the tray mumbling curse words.

"Stop whining like a baby and help me."

"There's no ing—" I nudged his rib. He just rolled his eyes.

"There's no way i'm touching that—that hideous beast!"

It was my turn to roll my eyes. I just shook my head and continued what I was doing. After successfully cutting the frog's skin, I slightly opened the slit and the sight of the frog's internal organs came to view. 

Causing Sehun to shriek and jump behind me.

"Holy —Holy ."

I would've laughed at his reaction but it's not fun to do all the work alone while your supposedly lab partner keeps shrieking and complaning every ten seconds.

"Ms. Park," Sehun raised his hand.

"Yes, Oh Sehun?"

"Can I not disect this? Can I disect Cheonmi instead? Afterall, she's just as hideous as this—Ouch! What was that for?!" 

I glared at him and continued working despite the class' laughter. Of all the students in my class, I had to be paired up with the person I least wanted to. How lucky of me.

This would be a long day—No, a long year.

 


Author's Note: 5 subs already? Say what?! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Sorry for the

y first chapter and a short one at that. I'll try to improve! Oh and i'm fully aware of my typos, but i'll

edit them I swear. Anyway, I also changed Yoon to Park because I totally forgot that Cheonmi is

supposed to be Chanyeol's twin lmao.