SEMICOLON;

SEMICOLON
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chen Bolin looked at the casting offer for We Are In Love, the Taiwan’s version of the notorious We Got Married of Korea, where he heard rumors of making real couples out of the fake one’s, albeit no evidence of going out for real, the industry insider knew who’s dating who. He has heard a few couples, some has broken up and some are going strong.

 

And now, an opportunity has come knocking on his door. His manager strongly recommended he should take part on the show as a form of healing, a form of break from his usual dramas and movies. It’s like hitting 2 birds with one stone, but he’s still not sure at committing , it’s his first reality show, and clearly they do not give scripts, he’s afraid he’d be a mess. But those around him say he’d do great just by being himself.

 

He was presented with pictures of the ladies that were cast opposite him, one of them beautiful ladies would be his partner. He sighed, he has dated before, like any other guy in his teens, 20’s and 30’s and he would be lying if no one between the 3 has caught his attention.

 

And so he signed, saying he wanted a bubbly, kind and a fun woman to be with, and hoping to get what he wanted. And he was given more.

 

He was more than glad to see Song Jihyo as his partner. The girl that caught his eyes, the girl who he sees as fun, competitive and kind. The fierce girl who bit his hand before they even met face to face. His kind of girl and more.

 

He was excited and nervous at the same time. Dealing with cultural and language differences while trying to impress. It was never easy to act chummy or worse be a couple at first meeting, but Jihyo is such a carefree person that he was at ease in no time. He can feel her reaching out for him, trying to make things less awkward.

 

He can’t forget the time where they were at a shop and they were trying to draw a portrait of each other, that was the time that hammered the last nail on his coffin. It was that smile. Watching that clip all over again, he can see his expression as he stared at her smiling face and he still couldn’t believe he was that vulnerable, he could not believe he could have that kind of expression at such an early stage. Family and friends has called him non-stop after the episode aired. And yes he was as shocked as them. but what can he do? He was just awed at the beauty that was in front of him. The way her lips curved into a smile, the way her eyes sparkled before it was gone into a thin line, he even wondered if she can still see him with eyes almost close from smiling.

 

Slowly, he was wearing his heart on his sleeves, for everyone to see. He was smitten. And he could not help it. What he was doing in the show has been sincere; he wanted to win her heart, for real.

 

He knew that they have to end, but it does not have to end there. He needed to draw a semicolon. He wanted to know their possibilities, their what ifs. He wanted to know all. He likes her and he wanted them to be closer, closer than what they are now. he wanted to date her. For real.

 

And so, after their sad farewell, he asked his friends to prepare something, he searched for a song and “I Love You Baby” just fits perfectly on what he wanted to say. He meant every word, and sang it with all his might to convey its meaning, hoping for her to catch on, he does not want them to end, he wanted to continue, off screen. Please.

 

Their ending opens a lot of possibilities and that was what he loves about it. They had an open ended ending. Bobo and Momo have ended but it’s a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter