Morning, Sunshine

Morning, Sunshine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark liked Sundays.

Sundays meant sleeping in, lazy mornings, late breakfasts, and no rush to be anywhere. Sundays meant catching up on all the sleep he had missed during the week when he had stayed up too late studying and gotten up too early because of work.

Or at least, that’s what today being a Sunday should mean.

 

Mark felt himself being roused from sleep and the peaceful, relaxing dream he had had – even though he had forgotten what it had been about the moment he left it – when something landed on the pillow next to his head with a soft thud.

His thoughts were still too slow and drowsy to comprehend what was happening, and somehow, he was unable to open his eyes. They wanted to be asleep just as much as he did. His head felt as if it was stuffed full of wool.

A moment later, something tugged on his blanket, and he seriously contemplated opening his eyes – if Youngjae had let Coco into his room again because that was his idea of a prank, someone was going to die – but then a small, warm body wriggled in next to him, and Mark relaxed.

“Jackson,” he sighed. “What are you doing?”

The kid didn‘t reply, only fussed and tugged on Mark’s  arms until he was satisfied with the way they were placed around his body, his head on Mark’s arm, and curled up with a pleased sigh.

Mark shifted a bit, adjusting and tightening his hold on the toddler next to him who just made soft snuffling noises in response and hid his face in Mark’s armpit, so Mark got ready to drift back to sleep. Jackson was like a living, breathing heater, and it did nothing to chase away his sleepiness. Also, Jackson seemed content with cuddling, for now at least, and Mark was just fine with that.

He felt himself dozing off in no time, with Jackson small and warm and bundled up in his arms.

But of course, the peace was just a pretense and didn’t last long. In what Mark would swear couldn’t have been more than three minutes, Jackson began to stir against him, fidgeting, then turning and stretching, and Mark should have known it had been too good to be true.

“Jackson,” he groaned, trying to keep the toddler from tugging on hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter