[ i ]

S for Secret

It wasn’t the best flat you could rent, you knew, the building only had two stories, two flats at each story. It was small and—of course—cheap, which exactly was the reason why you chose it. First, as a high schooler, you didn’t need that much of space, moreover you’re living alone by yourself.  And second, you could save the remaining money from your parents to buy you some extra snacks. Your parents were rich, they gave you lots of money to rent a home. But, they didn’t give you that much of pocket money meanwhile you loved snacks very much. So choosing a cheap flat was one wise way for you to accomplish your ardor for snacks.

There was still a lot to do with your stuffs but the sun was finishing its shift and the moon was ready to replace, and you were worn out from carrying all the boxes to your flat which was on the second floor. Not that high, but you were just a normal female high schooler and you couldn’t deny moving some boxes one by one to the second floor was tiring. Your house was under construction and you had to move out for a while. It supposed to be you and your parents but they were on a bussiness trip abroad and once they come back, they will stay at your grandma’s house. Reason why you couldn’t stay with your grandma was because your grandma’s house was quite far from school. In fact, it was far away from school.

You were about to take a shower when your phone rang, that was your mom. “Hello?”

“Honey, how are you doing there? Have you finished unpacking? Don’t wear yourself out and have some rest, there’s still tomorrow to finish it,right? I don’t want to come home early because I get a call from the hospital.” Moms, they were always so worried and yet, they did nothing about it. They just worried. Did they try to ease our struggles? No, they just worried. Did your mom send her people to help you out? No.

“Yeah, doing fine here. I just moved in, literally just moved in. I will start unpacking tomorrow.”

“Oh, yes, that’s a great idea! You can have some rest right now and unpack tomorrow. Start in the morning, okay? It’ll refresh your mind.”

“Yup, morning is always the best moment to start everything.” START IN THE MORNING?? Are you insane or what!? I’m tired, exhausted! I might even stay asleep until next week. Being a good daughter you were, you kept all the lamentation inside.

“I’m glad you keep that in mind! Well, now that I know my daughter is doing fine, I think I should go back to work. Besides, international calling rates are expensive.”

You remained silent at your mom’s last sentence. You knew she was joking, but still, it hurt.

“Oh come on, you know I’m kidding, right?” she laughed dryly. “Why wouldn’t I spend my money on my daughter? By the way, I really need to get back to work. Love you! Sweet dreams!”

You didn’t move, your phone was still on your ear. You didn’t hang up, your mother did. It was one of your habit to wait until the other person hang up the call. But if no one did for several seconds, you’d hang up. Seeing a towel hanging on your shoulders reminded you of what you were about to do, take a shower. You threw your phone to the sofa and headed to the bathroom.

Thirty minutes after, you were done washing your hair with your strawberry-scented shampoo and cleansing your body with your vanilla-scented body foam. The bathroom suddenly smelled like a candy factory and you were what it produced.

Tek... kretek kretek... your heart raced as the door knob won’t work, the door wasn’t opening. You kept trying to open the door, spinning the knob forcefully. Minutes passed by and you gave up spinning, you changed the strategy and started to bang on the door whilst shouting, “Help!! Somebody out there?! Help!!”

THE NEXT DAY

“Eo? Satang (candy) girl!”

§§§

A/N : I googled “ardor” for a further explanation of it and I saw a graphic titled “use over time for: ardor” and it drew ardor isn’t commonly used these days and was used in 1850 at most. LOL I feel old, somebody help me I just turn 17 the moment I write this. AND LAMENTATION too!! Oh my. My age is 17 years old, my phisique is 10 years old XD, my mind is.... (i don’t think it has existed), but my soul is 100000000000000 years old. Okay. I’m done.

yepp a very short chapter. it's 2 am and today is my birthday everyone!!! I'm finally 17 today!!!! spread all my loves to you all!