Prologue II: I will fight you

The Mighty Five II : Save Me

PROLOGUE I

"I will fight you"

 

 

"Uji, come on don't you think you're exaggerating just a bit?" Dahye asked her friend. They all knew what happened a couple of days ago at school. They never thought it would have been real if they didn't see it with their own eyes. Luhan, their classmate since forever, changed into a snow white wolf right in school. Not only him but Baekhyun and Kyungsoo followed his lead. Never in the right mind of a human, they would have believed the unbelievable.

 

"I swear, if Luhan is one, wouldn't that make Ari something too? They are allways in each others hair, have you not seen the force when they argue?" Uji outed. They were in a cafe in the village, small but the cafe had literally everything you could imagine from drinks, was it coffee, bubbletea or soda or maybe alcohol you desired, you name it they got it. Haeryoung and Hyoyeon were forbidden to come outside after what had happened. Uji wanted to talk about it, she couldn't cope with what she had seen. Or Maybe her little crush on the white leader wolf pushed it a bit.

 

 

"God, Uji, stop it. It scares me enough that werewolves exist, and that we have one as classmate. Please don't go making assumptions. Ari is human. She's our friend, we should have seen some signs by now, don't you think?" Dahye put down her cup of vanilla late and let out a sigh. She knew Uji had always been into supernatural things and now that some creatures exist it could become very dangerous. "I'm scared you know, knowing that these wolves that roam our woods aren't just your normal wolves but actually werewolves. Who knows who hides his identity in this village now?"

 

"I'm not afraid. Finally there's proof some of the stories are true. Oh What if vampires, witches and other creatures exist?" Uji said excited. "i'll just need to get in contact with Luhan ..."

 

"UJI, please. Luhan is too dangerous, you don't know what he is capable of. Friendly is not really in his character. I know you have a crush on him, but please don't go and do stupid things. Luhan might actually be Sanduels killer." Dahye interrupted the other girl infront of her. She was slightly irritated about the fact her friend wasn't even scared. 

 

"Why are you bringing him up for? We all know Sanduel died because of some loose animal in school."

 

"Exactly!" Dahye exclaimed. "Besides Luhan might seem like nothing much from the outside, I bet he is a heartless killer on the inside."

 

"I won't believe it until I see it with my own eyes. It'll be awkward though, when they come back to school. Everyone knows their secret now." Uji said pensive over the fact they had like two months of school left.

 

"I'm not coming in any way close to them. I'll keep my distance." Dahye put her hands up in a defensive way. "You should to."  Uji wanted to counter that but couldn't, she knew her friend was in a way absolutely right and she should follow her. But in her mind the fascination only grew. "I need to go anyway, it'll be dark soon and I don't want to be out at night." Dahye looked out the window at the sky that slowly turned yellow, orange and red mixed with a little purple. The evening sky in the village has always been pretty when the sun disappears behind the mountains.

 

Uji nodded since they told their parents about the werewolves, numerous rumours have been spread like wild fire and there was curfew set up for anyone still attending high school. So both friends finished their drinks and went out of the cafe. Dahye took Uji in a goodbye hug, because their houses were on opposite sides of the village, they couldn't walk home together. "Don't go looking for trouble now. You know I love you, we all do, but you can do stupid things sometimes." Dahye released the girl from her embrace and went in her direction to go home. "OH" She yelled from the corner of the street "BE SAFE ON YOUR WAY HOME."

 

"I'M ALWAYS SAVE D. SEE YA." The girl happily waved to her friend until the silhouette of Dahye faded. Uji was on her way home when she saw a familiar figure roaming the streets, she couldn't quite make out yet who it was at first but it was someone she knew she was sure of it. The long black hair with a soft wavy texture danced in the evening breece. "Hey." Uji put up a hand to wave at the person and tell her to come closer. The silhouette slowly approached her and she was happy to see Ari.  "Ari, what are y--" The human girl looked at the alpha with shock written on her face. Her breath hitched when she saw the other girls eyes. Purple, bright purple and a strangely deranged look in her eyes. "Ari? Did you get contacts? They're a bit scary though, but really beautiful." Uji complemented the wolf.

 

Ari hadn't said a thing, she only looked at the girl infront of her. Her lips slowly reflected a grin, an evil grin. "Ari?" Uji's voice started to crack a bit and she swallowed hard. "Are you ok?" Uji tried to reach out to Ari with a hand. Ari growled and grabbed her wrist, turning it so it would hurt Uji, the grin disappeared and she flat out laughed at the pain from the girl. "AAA, Ari that hurts, stop it." She cried out in pain. The human girl saw Ari's eyes flickering brown at some moments, those were the moments the wolfgirl released her victim.

 

"H-how di you do that?" Uji asked in slight fascination of Ari's eye color change.

 

"Run, please." a brown eyed Ari pleaded to the human girl, who stupidly looked at her. "Now, hide. GO" she pushed Uji away from her while she grabbed her hair holding her head, fighting her inner wolf not to come out. "UJI, please, go." she kept telling her.  But whatever she did, Uji was standing there like a statue.

 

Uji didn't know what to do or what was even going on, why did Ari just seem like she had a split personality right now? "Ari? What's going on? You sure you are okay?" She asked silently. She was to dumbfounded to even move. 

 

Ari struggled and fought against it only for Uji's safety but the human girl wouldn't move. She wouldn't. Ari's wolf was simply stronger willed at the moment. Since the events 5 days ago, her wolf had been showing herself more often. "I can't fight it much longer. You need to go. You need to get out of here." Ari cried out trying to protect the innocent girl. 

 

In Uji's mind something clicked seeing Ari struggle to fight something and the flickering from brown to purple and back. "Ari, are you a wolf? Like Luhan, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo?" 

 

Ari stopped moving after a few seconds, there was a click in her mind. "I'M NOTHING LIKE THEM. You stupid little girl." She looked up with a murderous expression on her face. Uji gasped not knowing if she should flee now or not. "She gave you so much time to save yourself and you didn't take it." The smirk that had formed on Ari's face worried Uji, it scared her.

 

"A-Ari?" Uji stammered, when she told Dahye she wouldn't be afraid of anyone who was a wolf, she would take it back right now. She looked in the bright eyes of the purple wolf who stood just a few inches from her. She knew she spoke to soon by the way her body started to shiver.

 

"I would run" Ari barked. "NOW. You get a 5 seconds head start. That's only the fair thing to do right now." 

 

"1" 

Uji looked around for a way out of this situation, but she couldn't think of one. She had known Ari as the kind, friendly helpful person, now she was like this. It confuses her and scared her. She admitted it, she was afraid.

"2"

Uji still stood with her feet nailed to the ground. The girl got confused by the split personality of her friend.

"3"

Uji found it in her mind to back up a little. With a maximum of 3 steps backwards and away from Ari, she decided she should run.

"4"

With that count Uji could only run, not even looking behind her. She looked all over the village for a way out, they only way she could see was through the forest. She entered through the main gate and tried to reach her phone in her shorts. She ran as fast as she could avoiding to run in any trees. She heard branches breaking from behind her, not realising at first it were only her feet. She made herself more afraid like that. Her fright turned a bit hystarical whn she dialed the number of her friend one handed. "Please pick up, pick up." she pleaded while running further and further away, deeper and deeper into the forest.

"5" Ari laughed, "you really are a stupid little girl. I'm coming for you" Ari transformed into her wolf form in the middle of the street. The Black wolf tracked the scent of the pore girl running for her life.

 


 

Cries for help could be heard against the crimson evening sky. With the setting sun mounting behind the mountains, the village would never be the same. The village was set to be distructed with every move of just five legendary wolves. But cries would soon be replaced by the howling of a wolf. A howl filled with glory yet regret was present too.

 

Uji had ran for her life through the shadowed forest. Running from the black wolf that started to chase her, a wolf not unknown to her but she had never known the true nature of this person as of the true nature of other persons. They had warned every person in the village to not go outside after a certain hour, not that it would have mattered anyway. Evil was lurking behind every corner of the streets and unfortunately for Uji it was a fact that had come true.

 


 

The purple (human) alpha looked down at the angry red fluid that marked her once so innocent skin. She fought herself not to do this, but she couldn't resist the urge. It was strange and it scared her to dead that she out of all people was capable of doing something like this. Every night since the battle she had killed. She had fought herself not to. She had not only killed parts of herself but humans too, innocent victims to her own rage. She needed someone to hold her, to tell her it was alright, to bare the pain with her.

 

But they left her, cold, alone, thinking she needed time for herself. The warm liquid caressed her pale skin in the last bit of evening sun. She had done it again. "I want you to stop this, please" She pleaded in shock and to no one in particular. "PLEASE" she yelled, her knees gave in and she plumped down to the ground, hanging her head low. Tears running down her cheeks, falling in a puddle on the ground mixing with her victim's blood. 

 

The purple wolf looked from her hands to the remains of her victim. An innocent young lady, she once knew by the name of Uji. "Why? She was my classmate." Uji laid there with wolf claws and bitemarks ran over her body, that ripped her apart in merely a few seconds. The blood was still oozing out of every wound that she had suffered from. 

 

As weak as the murderer was, she stood up and tried to dig a grave for the girl. murmuring apologies and tried asking for forgiveness. After the meager ceremony she returned home, and burdened herself to write yet another letter to the parents of her victim. 

 

 

The pain she got over the week, going back from mourning over her parents and friends, her pack members, was an even bigger burden to her. "I want you to stop, i want you to leave me alone." She yelled frustrated in the living room. She hadn't cleaned the house so as she walked through it. The dried blood of her mother and Sungmin were still staining the floor. Ari had felt the change in her body earlier than the fight. When she started to yell at her friends for no particular reason she assumed it started.

 

But she couldn't stop it, it was consuming her, it could kick in at any moment but it could also disappear, just like that. On occasions she even killed people she knew like Uji tonight. In the back of her mind she had heard Uji scream for mercy, for her to stop, for her not to kill her but she was like a puppet on strings and she couldn't control her own body. She wanted to stop, but she couldn't.

 

Ari became crazy talking to herself, yelling to thin air, even Luhan and Sehun had left her alone, time for herself as Sehun had called it. Kris and Tao had followed their lead. and it's been 3 days since she had seen them. Any of them. She hadn't had time to even see Li or any of her surviving pack members. She wanted to heal herself first, but not ilke this. She had wanted to find the leaders, not for herself but for Luhan and for Kris. 

 

But no one was found, she wasn't healed and with the changes of her body, she hadn't had time to mourn a lot. She wasn't herself most of the time. Maybe she let the puppet master finally take over the show somehow and was now slowly awakened or maybe falling in its trap deeper.

 

She went upstairs and laid on her bed. Ari stared blankly at the ceiling repeating the names of the victims of the fight. "Mom, Dad" tears were welling up in her eyes again. "Maya, Bae" She couldn't help it, last week everyone had been alive, happily living, now the whole world was one chaos. " Myun-ah, Aunt Sunny, Uncle Minnie, …." She turned to her side to watch out of her window in the black pitch night. The sun had set hours ago. "Uji" She finally exhaled at the end of her list, crying her self asleep had been a habit, plus adding one more person to the list.

 

 

 

 

Ari awoke as a zombie in brought daylight, she hadn't slept much, she couldn't sleep. Horrible displays of murders tainted her once so peaceful dreams. The puppeteer had pulled on the strings again and before Ari knew it, she was yelling and destroying her own house, she had thrown chairs until they broke, she broke the porcelain plates by tossing them across the room, ripped the couches apart so the stuffing came out. She had taken revenge on the mirrors that now laid broken on the floor. She had been broken. Drapes had been torn by her claws. The purple alpha knew she had been taken over, although she could still be part of it all and see it happen. She could not fight it anymore.

 

She needed someone to stop her, she needed Luhan and Sehun by her side. She needed every Mighty Five member to be there with her to Save her. She couldn't take much anymore from this evil string holder. She sometimes asked herself if it wasn't better to not let go from the minute she started feeling the pull. What had it for use, she was left alone by everyone she knew. She had killed persons she was friends with. When the puppetmaster pulls the strings she finally forgot the pain that goes with the departure of others.

 

She wanted to leave this hell. She wanted to leave this place she called home. Maybe she had thought Luhan would have helped her by now, like he always did, maybe she had thought he would've pulled her out of this like she saved him. But no one was around, no one cared, so she decided to pack some things and leave. 

 


 

It had been almost a month and a half since she left home and although she doesn't remember a thing of what had happened in the meantime, only that she had cut her hair short and she had seen herself being used as a murdermachine. If once a night wasn't enough to satisfy the wolf, twice or trice should have done the trick. She was far from home, when she walked into a new village. The news of a serial killer had been outed in the whole country. But none had seen the killer or lived to tell anyone.

 

Ari hadn't shed any tears since last, she hadn't even thought about anything but who would be her next victim. Thinking about her plan to execute the next murder and this time she had one really handsome waiter in sight. The purple eyed wolf her lips, his body she could eat, only by looking at those thighs. She went to sit at a free table and waited for him to approach her. "Hello and welcome to Cafe Butterfly. What can I get you?" The black haired waiter waited for her to answer.

 

She checked him out and put on a flirty smile. "Your name?" She asked flat out. The guy's smile grew wider.

 

"Jimin." He said. He pointed at the name tag on his left chest, just above his heart. Ari could hear the sound of it pumping.

 

"I'm Ari. Did you know you have some delicious thigh?." Ari smiled at him, still flirtatious and luring him in her trap. She wanted to bite him just by looking at his smooth skin, his delicious scent of his fresh flesh and blood. Jimin flushed bright red, he always got comments he was handsome and whatnot but Ari, as a stranger, went straight for the kill.

 

"th-thank you" Jimin stammered, he was a shy boy naturally, not innocent just shy. He couldn't deny Ari was beautiful herself, somehow he was fascinated and intrigued by her purple eyes, but it scared him as well. "Anything to drink?" his voice pitched higher than normally.

 

"just some water please." Jimin scribbled it on his notepad and scurried away. When he got back and gave Ari the drink, he forgot to get the pay for it. "didn't you forget something?" Ari sweetly pointed it out just in time for him to hear it. Jimin returned slowly and took the money. The purple wolf let her hand linger on his, the light brush, skin over skin, triggered something in Jimin. But she was prepared and felt him shivering under her touch. She stood up, surprising Jimin a bit. With her hand still on his, she came closer to her. In the time the alpha had been traveling, Ari had developped a new skill, tranfsering her scent to seduce someone easily. When Jimin got caught in her scent, he lost his ability to reset her, she came closer to him, her free hand moved behind his neck and in his hair, turning his head slightly so she could whisper in his ear. "So, when do you get off work?"

 

Without the human boy realising it he answered her. She was content she had only an hour to wait to get her next prey. An hour flew by quickly and within the hour the sun had set and a summer night sky painted the sky dark. Jimin got of work, but his friend, Jungkook didn't trust the situation. He had warned Jimin and pleaded to not go out with a strang girl. He didn't trust her. But Jimin although he would always consider what his friend told him, he was being influenced by Ari and couldn't make a decision without her.

 

Ari took Jimin to an alley, where she first took advantage of his lips. She needed some pleasure from this situations and Jimin was everything but ugly.  Slowly advancing to his neck, out of the waiter's mouth escaped a moan, when she found his sensitive spot. She could start her work, she would bite in his delicious flesh and would eat his oooh so fleshy tighs. Her nails grew and claws were made. She was ready to rake them over his back, let them sink in his perfectly shaped back and start letting his blood flow, when she got interrupted by a familiar male voice. 

 

"Ari?" Ari growled in Jimins neck, she ignored the voice and went on with her activity, by the now numb sensitive spot. Her teeth were showing now. "ARI." Even though the purple wolf ignored the voice many times when she was pulled of the waiter. Her anger grew. She needed to feed tonight. The male told the human to go home, he would probably remember nothing after inhaling the wolf's scent until tomorrow morning. Ari was enraged, more like furious her prey got away, her dinner for tonight. The male that stood in front of her looked her straight in the eyes and knew what hour the clock had rang. The angry purple eyes piercing through his own brown ones. She growled and grummed at him, almost like she wanted to bite his head of. "I'm sorry about this, princess." 

 

The male pulled out a knife and plunged it in the right place, just above the heart. Ari fell limb to the floor. He picked the paralyzed girl up and walked two streets further. Entering an appartment building with the unconscious girl in his arms. He opened the apartment door and laid her on the couch. A woman exited the kitchen. "Minhyuk-ah, you're home." She hadn't seen the girl on the couch yet.

 

"Where's Takuya? We may have a problem." Minhyuk pointed at the couch. Hyorin looked over the backrail of the couch. The orange wolf let out a gasp, never would she have thought to see one of the Mighty Five here but that wasn't all the knife just above the heart was the most shocking part.

 

"What did you do?" She exclaimed, her hands over and wanted to go for Ari's aid but she was pulled back by Minhyuk who shook his head. That night they wouldn't have peace at all, when the knife was pulled out of Ari, she went against the elders and attacked until Takuya had the chance to stab Ari again. If Ari was in this state, she couldn't be pulled out like that. They left the knife in Ari as long as possible. They decided to bring Ari back, back to their home village. But instead of bringing Ari home, they decided the cabin would be a better option.

 

One morning when they were just two days away from their town, Hyorin had been alone with Ari. Ari had not been conscious much since the day Minhyuk found her. Offcourse they had let her eat, just the necessary and they had to be careful but for their easy journey they had put the knife right back in. Hyorin had always been the more worried one, she wanted to let Ari free, Ari behaved well last time they let her surface, but she was forbaden by the two others. Minhyuk had told them about Luhan who had been in this kind of state and only Sehun had helped him out of it. So maybe when they return the purple princess, Sehun would pull Ari out this state too. They didn't know you needed matches to pull you out, that was a secret passed from one member of the mighty five to the other and recently the surviving blue wolves too.

 

The male wolves were hunting for dinner and Hyorin was left behind to watch over Ari. She couldn't leave the girl like this, so she pulled out the knife and backed away just to be certain. The purple princess slowly opened her eyes. She blinked a couple of times, just to adjust to the sudden light. When Ari wasn't given any sign she would attack, Hyorin approached her. "How are you feeling.?" Ari hadn't looked up to the orange wolf, her eyes were hidden to see.

 

"I'm fine, a bit dizzy." with her head down, she calmly answered. The orange female thought everything was good, no signs were given from the murderous state. "Can I have a glass of water, please?" the purple alpha asked sweetly. Ari was busy examining every limb of her body, she was listening to every sound in the nearby area.

 

"Sure" Hyorin went to get some water from the kitchen. She returned and gave the glass to Ari. "Anything else?" Ari shook her head, still refusing to look at the elder. "Can I ask you something?" Hyorin asked. Ari nodded with her gazed focused on the glass of water in her hand. "How's Kris? We want to return, but we can't we need to find where they took Yewon first. I can't go and see my son just yet."

 

Ari shrugged. "Good I guess. Alive last time I saw him." Hyorin nodded a little more at ease. "Actually." the purple alpha started and made eye contact with her aunt whose eyes widened in panick, vividly searching for the knife she disgarded somewhere. "There's one more thing I need".