Amu Tsurugi! - Chapter 8!

Amu Tsurugi

CHAPTER 8: THE LIVING NIGHTMARE

The next morning as I came down for breakfast, I noticed Ichiro wasn’t around. Could it be that he was just part of a bad dream?

“Oh, good morning, Amu.” Tomo greeted while laying down a plate of pancakes in front of me. “Your parents had work this morning, but they’ll return for dinner. Did you sleep well? You’re up earlier than usual.”

“I think I had a nightmare, actually.” I said while pouring maple syrup onto the pancakes. Over my head, Koge drooled and his lips.

“What about?” Tomo asked, pouring me a glass of orange juice.

“It was about—“ I began.

“Good morning.” I heard someone yawn from behind me. I turned and frowned when I saw Ichiro.

“Him.” I finished while pointing my fork at my fiancé. Ichiro only grinned at me then stretched.

“Would you like some pancakes, Master Ichiro?” Tomo offered with a polite smile. “Or if you’d like, I can have the chefs make something else?”

“Pancakes are fine.” He answered while taking the seat right next to mine.

Tomo bowed then glanced at me before heading into the kitchen. Leaving me alone. With Ichiro.

 He was wearing a simple white T-shirt and black pants. I could tell he had just woken up from the sleepy look in his eyes, but his hair was perfect. I wondered if he didn’t even need to brush and it was naturally like that. He turned to look out the window and I glanced his way. The hair on the back of his head was actually a little ruffled, though. I don’t know why, but seeing him all messy and tired made him look really cute. I caught myself staring at him then shook my head.

“Hmph.” I said while looking away from him. I took a bite of my pancakes and quickly cut the stack in half for Koge to eat the other.

“What?” Ichiro asked with a smile, turning to me. He leaned over while placing his elbow on the table and rested his cheek against his hand.

“Nothing.” I replied flatly.

“Can you pour me more syrup, Amu?” Koge asked and I reached for the container.

“You’re so cold, Amu-chan.” Ichiro said and faked a pouty face. I poured Koge more syrup and glared at Ichiro. He sighed.

“It seems we’ve got off on the wrong foot.” He said and ran a hand through his dark hair. “Why don’t you like me, Amu?”

“Right to the point as always, huh?” I said and sighed. I stared at him long and hard before answering. “If you want to know the truth…it’s because you’re a jerk.”

“Ouch.” He said with a laugh. “You call this being a jerk, but that’s just how I socialize. Sorry if I make you uneasy.”

“Whatever.” I mumbled then paused. “I never said you make me uneasy.”

“It’s obvious I do.” He answered and leaned closer to me. Koge growled in response. “Oh? Where did the other half of your pancakes go?” He asked.

“I’m a fast eater.” I replied coolly. “Excuse me. I need to get going for school.”

As I stood up to leave, Ichiro suddenly gripped my wrist tightly and I reflexively yanked away. He looked at me and tilted his head to the side.

“…S-sorry…” I muttered while rubbing my wrist. “It’s reflex…”

“Ah.” He said then turned back around. He took a sip of orange juice and I waited because I knew he would continue. “…Is it because of what happened in middle school?”

I froze then felt my heart begin to pump faster.

“Drop it.” I replied and I saw the corners of his lips turn upwards.

“Whatever you say, Amu-chan.” He answered. “Oh. Also, I’d like to walk you to school this morning. Is that alright?”

I was about to say no, but Tomo had just walked into the room and looked at me.

“…Whatever.” I mumbled then left with Koge at my heels.

“Can you feel that?” He asked me and I looked at him in confusion. “There’s something about that guy…”

“I know.” I answered quietly. “He’s…different…”

 

__________________________________________

 

“Who is he?” Kisa asked just loud enough for me to hear. She was eyeballing Ichiro like as if he’d just dropped down from heaven.

“No one.” I sighed dismissively.

“An INSANELY hot guy just walks out of your house with you, and you expect me to take that as an actual answer?!” She hissed silently.

“This is Ichiro.” I said while jerking my thumb his way. “Ichiro, Kisa.”

“Hello!” Kisa chirped happily.

“It’s nice to meet you, Kisa.” He said with a smile.
“Are you two friends?” Kisa asked and I grimaced.

“I don’t know,” Ichiro replied thoughtfully. “Are we friends, Amu-chan?”

Koge and I both shot him looks and he grinned.

“There’s your answer, Kisa.” He said cheerfully.

“Why are you staying with Amu?” Kisa pressed curiously.

“Friend of the family.” I said quickly, cutting Ichiro off.

“Don’t be shy, Amu-chan.” He said with a chuckle. “We’re actually engaged.”

“WH-WHAT?!?!?” Kisa gasped in astonishment. She turned to me unbelieving. “You’re ENGAGED and you never told me?!?!”

“It’s not a big deal.” I replied and crossed my arms.

“That’s not very nice.” Ichiro replied and I glared at him. “It’s not like you’re deciding what the rest of your life will be like, or anything.”

“So, like, when will the wedding be?” Kisa squealed excitedly.

“Kisa…” I threatened darkly. “If you keep this up, you’re going to wake up tomorrow morning, very confused. In Australia.”

“Well, if Amu-chan agrees,” Ichiro explained like as if he hadn’t even heard me. “Maybe in a few years. What do you say, Amu-chan? 20, maybe?”

“20 what?” I shot back.

“Kids of course.” He said, causing my face to flush, Kisa to squeal, and Koge to practically burst into furious flames. “Just kidding. I’m talking about age. Maybe when we’re both 20 or so?”

“I can call this thing off anytime that I want!” I retorted and he smirked.

“Of course you could.” He agreed, amused. “…But your family’s fortune…”

“Tch.” I looked away in anger and Koge glared hard at Ichiro.

“Don’t listen to him, Amu.” Koge comforted, placing a hand on my shoulder. “Your family is still family no matter what happens. Just listen to your heart.”

I touched his hand to silently thank him.

“Ah, this must be your school.” Ichiro said as we arrived at the entrance gate. “Not bad for a commoner’s school, I suppose.”

“C-commoner?” Kisa asked but he ignored her.

“I may even consider going here with you.” He said and I felt my eye twitch with annoyance.

“Don’t even kid like that.” I said slowly. I grabbed Kisa’s wrist and pulled her through the gates, away from Ichiro.

“Ohmigosh!!” She squealed once we were out of earshot. “Ichiro is the HOTTEST guy EVER!!!!”

“I thought you said Takashi was.” I sighed.

“He’s the CUTEST guy ever!” She explained. “There’s a HUGE difference, Amu! Gasp! Speaking of Takashi! How did your date go?! Come on! I need to know!! Spill it! Every. Single. Little. Detail.”

“We agreed to just be friends.” I said happily, enjoying her priceless reaction.

“Wha--?! I--?! Eh--?! Bu--?!” She said spazzily. “And--! He--!....NO!!!! PLEASE TELL ME YOU’RE LYING!!!!!!!!!( щĭДĭ)щ

When I shook my head, she looked like she would faint. Koge smiled, pleased.

“See ya!”~ I said as we stopped in front of her classroom.

“You still need to feed me more details!!” She said quickly before I shut the door in her face and walking over to my classroom.

“Oh, good morning, Amu!” Takashi greeted me as I walked into the classroom. “Um…so…what happened last night? I’d feel terrible if I got you into any trouble…”

“Don’t worry about it.” I said with a smile. “My paren—I mean, my employers are the LEAST of my troubles right now…”

“What do you mean by that?” He asked, confused. I was referring to Ichiro, but I only shook my head.

“Just forget about it.” I said, waving off the subject. He was right about to ask me more questions when the bell rang and we took our seats. I looked to my right then raised an eyebrow when I saw someone else besides Koge in that desk. He had short, stony gray hair, a metal ring going through one ear, and his shirt was ed a bit too much. Total bad-boy material. Sensei entered the room and we all did our routine of standing and bowing.

“Gyaku-san!” Sensei fumed, turning to the kid next to me.

“Haaah?” He asked in a bored tone.

“It’s good to see you back at school,” She said while pinching the bridge of her nose in an attempt to stay calm. “However, if you keep dressing like that, you’ll need to leave.”

“Well, it’s not like I want to be here.” He explained with a sigh.

“Out in the hall, Gyaku-san.” She said strictly. “Now.” He sighed while rolling his eyes then got up and left.

“Now then, class.” Sensei continued.

“Ah,” Koge said, relaxing in the kid’s now empty seat. “Much better!”

 

______________________________________

 

“U-um, welcome back Gyaku-san!” The girls in my class all chimed with red faces. It was lunch time and that Gyaku kid was allowed to come back into the room.

“What’s up with them?” I asked to no one in particular.

“Don’t you know?” Takashi asked as he pushed his desk next to mine and sat down. “All the girls practically worship Yasushi-kun. He went to our middle school, remember?”

“He did?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

“I’m not surprised you don’t remember.” Takashi laughed. “He was suspended for most of the year. It’s a miracle he graduated. Top class delinquent. Maybe you’ve heard his nickname? Han-gyakuji?”

“Hmm…maybe…” I said thoughtfully. “I’m pretty sure I’ve heard it before…he had a gang or something, right?”
Takashi nodded and I nodded slowly.

“Yeah, I remember there were a bunch or rumors.” I said then took out my bento box and began eating. “So they’re letting him back in school?”

“I’m not sure, actually.” Takashi said thoughtfully, not noticing that my food was slowly disappearing from Koge. “I’m pretty sure he’s trying to clear his rep, though. Apparently he’s trying to stop being a delinquent. I heard somewhere that it's because he wants to prove himself to someone. I don't know. I'm not the gossipy type, so I don't really care.”

“Is that so?” I said then turned to glance at him. He was staring at me and when our eyes locked, he turned away. I raised an eyebrow then turned back to my food.

 

_____________________________________

 

“Want me to walk you home?” Takashi asked and I smiled.

“No thanks.” I rejected. “I’ll be fine.”

“Whatever you say, princess.” He said, taking my hand and kissing the back of it. Koge mumbled something and I rolled my eyes.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?” I laughed and he nodded. We had just gone our separate ways when someone tapped my shoulder from behind. I turned and saw Gyaku Yasushi.

“Uh, hi, Amu.” He said while scratching the back of his head. Up close, I noticed just how tall and toned he was. “I don’t know if you remember me, ah…”

“We went to middle school together, right?” I asked and his face flushed.

“Yeah,” He said with a small smile. “I ah, just wanted to say hi…” I opened my mouth to reply when I felt someone’s hand slip into my own.

“We should get going, Amu-chan.” Ichiro said with a smile, completely ignoring Gyaku-san. “Wouldn’t want to be late for dinner, would you?”

“Well—“ I began but was cut off as he suddenly began pulling me away. I turned then waved to Yasushi. “Um! I’ll s-see you tomorrow!”

He waved back then turned and left. When we got some distance away from the school, I pulled away from Ichiro.

“What is your problem?!” I snapped angrily.

“You know,” He said dismissively. “when we get married, you won’t see any of your classmates again, right?”

The words just hang in midair for a moment before it slowly sank in.

“…What are you talking about?” I asked, my eyes narrowing.

“Amu-chan, honestly.” He said like as if he was talking to a child. “They’re commoners. Why talk to them? Don’t worry, though. Later on, you’ll make plenty of friends who are actually suitable to meet.” I felt something snap inside of me and snarled.

 “What is wrong with you?!” I yelled furiously. “Why do you act so freakin’ high and mighty all the dang time?! Why does rank matter to you so much?!!”

“Especially that annoying Kisa girl.” He sighed tiredly. “Why does she talk so much? Doesn’t it bother you?”

I balled up my fists and felt the anger raise inside of me. Suddenly, Koge punched him in the stomach and he coughed out in surprise.

“You worthless, lowly scumbag...” Koge muttered darkly, his fist still digging into Ichiro’s gut. “Who the heck do you think you are? You’re not the boss of Amu. You can’t tell her what to do!!”

Suddenly, Ichiro gripped Koge’s arm and flipped him to the ground. Hard.

“You worm…” Ichiro spat threateningly while clutching his stomach. “I’ve been holding back, but you’ve left me no choice…”

“Wait, you mean…!” I gasped in total and utter shock. “You can see…does this mean…your ESP is…!!”

“I can’t see him per say…” Ichiro said angrily as he ran a hand through his hair. I realized that was his way of calming himself down. “I can hear him, and I can definitely feel him, but in his place, all I see are…what look like heat waves.”

Koge got off of the ground then brushed himself off.

“Good.” Koge spat bitterly. “Then that means you know how much I hate you. Stay the heck away from Amu, you—“

Ichiro suddenly kicked Koge right under his chin and sent him stumbling back.

“K-Koge!” I cried then grabbed him from behind, helping him gain his balance back. I turned to Ichiro, my patience completely gone. “Say what you want about me. But when you insult my friends and hurt Koge…that draws the line!!”

“Koge?” He laughed. “You actually named it?”

“First off, I’m a guy!!” Koge snapped while punching Ichiro in the mouth, causing him to skid back. “Second, that’s always been my name!”

Ichiro rubbed his mouth as a thin trickle of blood ran down his chin. A smile suddenly appeared on his face, not amused, but more like…twisted. I froze in fear and felt my heart begin to race. Suddenly, I realized why Ichiro had always made me uneasy. Last week when I had agreed to go on the date with Takashi, a voice had spoken to me in my room. That voice…had been Ichiro’s. I hugged my body as a chill ran down my spine.

“Have you forgotten, Amu-chan?” He asked, amused. “You’re not the only one who can disagree to our marriage…I can as well!! Which means your family’s comfortable lifestyle isn’t resting in your hands…but mine!!

“Who cares?!” Koge snapped as he began swinging his fists at Ichiro who dodged the hits effortlessly. Ichiro countered with a kick to Koge’s gut and he flew back, only to get right up again and start attacking. “Amu’s family will care for her no matter what her decision is! And if they don’t, then I’ll be there for her!!!!”

“Koge…” I whispered as a hand came up to cover my mouth. He knocked Ichiro down with a hard punch and I felt panic raise inside of me.

“…Go ahead…” Ichiro laughed as he stood up and dusted himself off. “Hit me one more time, Koge.” He spat threateningly. “If you do, I’ll gladly make Amu-chan and her family’s life as miserable as possible!!!” Koge pulled his fist back and I gasped. Time seemed to slow down as I felt my feet carry myself towards them.

I grabbed his arm and held him back just as he was about to give Ichiro a black eye.

“Amu, let go!!” He demanded while trying to violently break away. I pressed my face against his arm and tried unsuccessfully to keep my tears in.

“…He’s right…” I choked as a smile spread on Ichiro’s face. “He’s right…!!”

“You’re not actually believing this guy, are you?!” Koge scoffed then lowered his arm when he realized I was crying. “A…Amu, you’re…”

“Just stop, Koge…” I begged. A silence stretched between the three of us and suddenly I felt Koge’s finger wipe away a tear. I looked up at him and he glared hatefully at Ichiro.

“…You made Amu cry.” He said in a low, menacing voice. “For that, I will never forgive you for as long as you live. I’d kill you right now, but for Amu’s sake, I’ll let you live.”

“Koge—“ I began. He turned, pressed his lips against my cheek and I felt my breath in. After a moment, he pulled away and glowered at Ichiro.

“Amu is mine.” He said with such intensity, that in Ichiro’s eyes I saw the flicker of…fear? Surprise? “Got it? Mine. Which means stay away from her, because she will never marry you. I’ll make sure of it.”

Ichiro smiled as Koge took my hand and began walking me home.

“…Koge?” I asked once Ichiro was out of earshot. I looked back at him and he grinned before walking in the opposite direction. Koge looked at me and I gripped his hand tighter. “Thank you…”

A big grin suddenly appeared on his face and he unexpectedly wrapped an arm around my waist.

“Does this mean you enjoyed the kiss?” He asked and I blushed. In response, I pulled myself closer into him and smiled 

 


D'AAWWWW! O(>//v//<)O Even I get all mushy over some of my characters! XD Go Koge! >:D Kick Ichiro's !!!!!

Ichiro: It's not fair that I'm a character you can't help hating. ( -.-)p

Me: Probably. (#^w~#)b

Anyways, thanks a bunch for reading!!!!! :'D Just who is this Yasushi Gyaku guy? What kind of story will he tell? Why does Amu reflexively pull away from people who grip her wrist? What will Ichiro's next move be...?? Stay tuned to find out! Make sure to comment, message, and subscribe!!

Till next time~ (^0^)/)

 Hwaaah~ I got sorta lazy when drawing Kisa. (;;-_-) Oh well.

Dang it! ;A: First Jin looks like Natsu, now Kisa looks like Lucy! TT-TT