Two

A Stranger's Confession

“Can I sit here? The other tables are taken.”

When Yixing asked Sohee that question, her head blanked out for some seconds. She couldn’t believe that the day would come that he would talk to her. She couldn’t even imagine how she managed to nod in reply.

Being in different departments, it was hard to see Yixing everyday but she always noticed him sitting beside the window at the Business Management section of the library. She sees him almost everyday there.

It was a freshmen welcoming party when she first saw him. And she was completely caught by his charms while dancing with other students on the stage. She couldn’t take her eyes off of him.

Zhang Yixing – that was the only thing that she knew about him; his name.

When Yixing smiled at her when she thanked him for finding her eraser, she swore she wanted to poke his deep dimple. She just internally squealed like a kid.

The next day, Yixing came back again.

Sohee was having a hard time calming her nerves. The music coming from her phone suddenly stopped and she was about to fix it when she heard Yixing mumblings something. Listening to it carefully, she figured out that he was actually asking her a question in Chinese with his head down.

Four years of living in her aunt’s house in China finally came to use.

“I hope I’m not intruding your private space.”

No, you’re not. It’s nice to have some company. That’s what she wanted to say but she just held it in.

The next day…the next and the next…Yixing always sat there and they would just be surrounded by the stillness of the library.

Sohee would just put her earphones on without any music playing. She was just listening to his random Chinese mutterings which were actually questions about little things about her.

She saw the different glint on his eyes when a junior of hers suddenly came to borrow her book. The shy look on his face was enough to send thousand jittery feelings to her spine. She couldn’t count how many times she tried so hard to not break into fits of laughter whenever she sees him flustered.

“I like it when you smile but I would love it if I’m the reason.”

That was the line that caught her off guard. And she didn’t stop herself from asking her what that was. He then returned a shy excuse of just talking to himself. Not wanting to blow up her cover, which is pretending not to understand a word of Chinese, she just nodded slowly.

Then came those three days that he suddenly stopped coming.

She constantly asked herself if something happened to him. She even looked for him at his previous spot but he was not there.

She just thought that maybe, he’s just busy.

That was what she was thinking until he suddenly showed up in front of her. She couldn’t stop herself from smiling.

He looked like he was thinking deeply when he sat. Sohee just tried to look as casual as usual.

“I have a secret crush on you. And I think you really have pretty eyes.”

What did he just say? Sohee asked herself right away. When she lifted her face to look at him, he was softly grunting with his head buried on his folded arms. He looked too cute to handle.

She bit her lip and pulled the letter that she wrote beforehand.

She left it beside his book before quickly standing up and taking her leave.

She couldn’t take all the fluffy feeling in that library.

Zhang Yixing’s killing her by his cuteness. 


 

“Yoon Sohee!”

She halted and took a deep breath before turning around.

Yixing was staring back at her. He slowly walked towards her and she saw the paper that she left on his hand. He looked down, scratching the back of his neck before clearing his throat.

He’s really too cute.

“So…you speak Chinese?” he asked softly, lifting his head and meeting her eyes.

She nodded in reply.

His ears were already beaten red and Sohee wondered if he’s conscious about it.

“I see,” he muttered.

The corner to her lips started to curve upward into a smile.

“Do you think I really have pretty eyes?” she asked. Yixing looked like a trapped bunny when he heard that.

“Yes,” he confessed shyly.

Sohee chuckled.

“Thanks. You have pretty eyes too and a cute dimple to match it.”

Yixing couldn’t help but smile brightly.

“Zhang Yixing,” he said, reaching his hand for a handshake.

“Yoon Sohee,” she replied, taking his hand.


  

◙ from 00kaiholic00

And cut! There you go folks! Yixing's really too cute for his own good :) Keep on supporting our healing unicorn! Keep loving Zhang Yixing!! ♥