Final

A nuptial fight.

Sang Hyuk’s blood was running cold as he signed the contract. The man he was forced to marry was few years older but seemed enough pissed and strong to kill him in the spot. Despite the fact the man didn’t glance at him once, Sang Hyuk knew he was going to get it soon.

The wedding ceremony went on without them, which is scandalous on its own, but he heard that his father in law will excuse their absence. He could hear the lies from there. “They were so in love I couldn’t hold them until the reception, too eager to be together in private.”

He glanced over the man he was tied with, who was driving too fast for his liking, and looked away bitterly. Kim Won Shik had a beautiful face to look at but other than that he was evil, Sang Hyuk swore at it.

Once home, the man dragged him, opened a room with single bed and a drawer, and pushed him inside. “This is your room. Do not leave it.”

“What do you take me for?” Sang Hyuk hissed as he struggled with Won Shik on the door. “I am not going to lock myself in this room for your likes!”

Suddenly, Won Shik opened the door and punched Sang Hyuk in the face. The last had fell in the ground as the man tried to ease the throbbing pain in his wrist and Sang Hyuk laughed. “You should seriously go practice with my dad, he kick way harder than you.” Sang Hyuk stood up, with a bleeding lip, and punched Won Shik three times, managing to hit the face in the last time. Won Shik seemed taken aback by it. “I’ll keep the room but I am free to do whatever I want like you are.” They glared, fists up, on each other for a moment.

“As expected, you were trained well.” Won Shik’s voice was dark and sarcastic.

“I got used to people like you, sadly for you.” Sang Hyuk hissed with vehemence. “My freedom is not yours to toy with.” Sang Hyuk’s position changed. “I won’t let you take it away from me, even if it means to kill you now.”

Won Shik expected the man to attack but not to find the man’s legs tall that much. Sang Hyuk had longer legs and he got a hit in the pelvis that made him wince in pain. He launched back, attacking Sang Hyuk with punches until the kid lost sight and landed on the ground.

“Sissy. You are going to stay in this room forever, I tell you.” Sang Hyuk tried to hold Won Shik but the man walked out and locked the door. He went to his room, ignoring the weak knocks on the door. It stopped in a period of the day and Won Shik slept soundlessly. In the morning, he went to the hospital and got his wounds checked.

“Your pelvis got a small fracture so I suggest you to keep a wheelchair for now.” The news shocked him.

“Whoever made that kick used all his force.”  He looked up to his boyfriend who seemed frowning at him. “Is it the kid you are married to?” Jae Hwan held the man’s hand, noticing the knuckles bandaged. “Did you even manage it with him?”

“He may go to hell.” Jae Hwan shook his head and took Won Shik home where a loud banging was heard. Ignoring the pain, Won Shik and Jae Hwan walked up to find a door almost split into two while someone was trying to smash it.

“The … you locked him in?” Jae Hwan fast went to the door and knocked it. “Hey! Everything alright? I will try to find the keys, ok?” The banging stopped and Jae Hwan rushed to Won Shik, checking his pockets; Won Shik tried to hold Jae Hwan but the disapproving expression in the man’s face was enough to kill all his protests. “I’ll open the door, ok?” Jae Hwan opened the door on a bleeding kid. His eyes were puffed, and his face was something else from the handsome image Won Shik saw before the wedding. He himself was shocked to see it. “Oh my god! What happened?”

“I got locked in by accident.” He said as he held on the man who led him to the stairs. Won Shik was surprised Sang Hyuk didn’t tell the truth. “I think my husband locked it for security but didn’t see me inside.”

“But your face…”

“I tried to open the door with all my strength.” Sang Hyuk chuckled. “I accidentally fell several times on my face. It is ok. I can treat them.” Sang Hyuk tried to make his way down when Won Shik rushed to hold him. “I need some ice. Can you lead me to the kitchen?”

“Sure.” He whispered, unable to speak properly. Jae Hwan walked behind him, giving him a murderous look.

“By the way, I’m Sang Hyuk.” Sang Hyuk looked his way but seemed unable to look. Fortunately Won Shik had reached the last step and Jae Hwan held him once Won Shik let go.

“I’m Jae Hwan, Won Shik’s boyfriend.” The man tensed. “Don’t worry, I won’t tell him I found you like this.”

“I didn’t know he had someone.” Jae Hwan laughed. “If I did I would have… done something.”

“It is ok.” Jae Hwan’s hand landed on Sang Hyuk’s hair, patting it softly. “You have nothing to do with this, I know.” Sang Hyuk sighed as he was led to the kitchen. “What do you need for your eyes?”

“Ice, frozen meat preferably. It calms the swelling.” Sang Hyuk tried to look toward the fridge that opened but Jae Hwan was still in front of him and he was aware of it. “Is someone else with us?”

“The maid, she is mute.” Sang Hyuk nodded absently before bowing respectfully. “He is shocked you can still move with your state.”

“I’ve lived worse, honestly.” Sang Hyuk chuckled. “Half of my bruises are from my dad’s endless begging for me to accept this wedding. It took him days.” It seemed more like Sang Hyuk was trying to excuse himself. “I truly didn’t want to marry your boyfriend, but I had no choice. He would have gone wild on me if I persisted on refusing.”

Jae Hwan held Sang Hyuk’s face softly. “Sweetheart, I won’t try to kick you or hit you in such face, why are you so scared?” Jae Hwan teased but he was utterly concerned. “Stop explaining yourself, I understand the situation perfectly.”  Sang Hyuk tensed and looked suddenly lost. Jae Hwan took an ice cold piece of meat and landed it on the kid’s face earning a scream of pain. “Easy baby, easy. Handle it for few seconds, ok?” Sang Hyuk said nothing and Jae Hwan took off the meat once he felt that the kid wasn’t feeling his face. He pulled the kid to the main bedroom.

“Now to bed. I’ll call a doctor, so you better be in bed.” Jae Hwan nearly left Sang Hyuk’s side, when the last held him.

“No. Do not call a doctor. I’ll get better on my own.” Sang Hyuk’s voice was shaking with fears. “Don’t.”

“But…” Jae Hwan looked at Won Shik in the door who looked away and pulled off the phone. “Ok, I won’t call him. Can you sleep in bed at least?” Sang Hyuk nodded, undressing himself, much to the couple’s shock. The kid had so many blue purplish spots in his body. He slid in, and covered his body to the neck. “I’ll go bring you some food.”

“No. I’m fine.” Sang Hyuk spoke in a very absent manner. “I’m sleepy. Can I sleep now?” Jae Hwan chuckled and hummed in agreement, holding Sang Hyuk’s hand only to sense him shaking. “You won’t leave, right?”

“I won’t.” Jae Hwan reassured, as he softly patted on Sang Hyuk’s body hoping it will help the kid in his sleep. Once asleep, Jae Hwan looked over Won Shik who showed up.

“I called an ambulance for a private clinic.” Won Shik’s voice was emotionless.

Jae Hwan just nodded at that, glaring nowhere. “It won’t wash off the fact you made him like this.” Won Shik gave Jae Hwan a puppy look. “You will take care of him and nurse his wound.”

“I got a fracture in the pelvis because of him, remember?” Won Shik winced as he tried to sit in the bed. “He smells…”

“You locked him in a room for the whole night.” Jae Hwan hissed. “No access to food, I bet he didn’t eat since yesterday and that if he managed to swallow something in his wedding day. No access to the bathroom or the shower or even a small sink where he can rinse his face.” Won Shik could see how disappointed Jae Hwan was with him. “I didn’t know I had a monster as boyfriend.”

“Hyung, I was pissed… I didn’t mean to kick him, he started a fight.” Won Shik tried to explain himself while Jae Hwan just glared at him. The ambulance showed up very soon and they took the kid who they stated unconscious with them. Won Shik was forced to bed, by Jae Hwan who followed Sang Hyuk.

The kid woke up days after. “Finally!” Jae Hwan’s relieved tone was making Sang Hyuk feel weird. “I thought you will never wake up.” One of Sang Hyuk’s eyes had lost their swelling while the other one was barely able to move. “Don’t try to use your eyes now. They must hurt.”

“Jae Hwan Hyung?” Sang Hyuk tried to touch Jae Hwan when the man pulled Sang Hyuk and rested his cheek on it. “You are so handsome.” Jae Hwan chuckled before sobbing.

“We thought you won’t wake up.” Sang Hyuk snapped the “we” but didn’t ask who he spoke about because Won Shik showed up.

The man got in wheelchair, concern written in his face. “What happened? Did he wake up?” Jae Hwan nodded to him. “Thank god.”

Thank god? Thank god? After all what he did to me, thank god? Sang Hyuk’s blood boiled and he nearly pulled his hand when a pain in the side made him groan in pain. Won Shik stood to study where Sang Hyuk unconsciously landed his hand.  “Sang Hyuk, do you feel pain?” Won Shik asked him in concern, while Jae Hwan rushed out for the doctor. “Where do you feel pain?”

“Don’t touch me.” Sang Hyuk hissed. “Don’t you ever dare…” Jae Hwan got in and Sang Hyuk’s expression went from pure disgust to a cute pout. “Jae Hwan Hyung, I’m hungry.”

“We will bring you food, once the doctor tells us what hurts.” Jae Hwan looked expectedly at the doctor who observed the bruises. “What happened?”

“The hits in his side had damaged some of his internal organs, but not badly for his luck.” The doctor said with concern as he looked down on the kid. “You are lucky they brought you to hospital before the hit worsened. You got a broken rib and a concession which caused you to be in coma for twelve days.”

“Twelve days.” Sang Hyuk seemed not believing it. The doctor gave a tranquilizing shot, and left him with the couple.

Jae Hwan leaned to hold Sang Hyuk’s hand. “Won Shik stayed by your side for most of them despite his pelvis fracture you gave him.” Jae Hwan spoke with concern while Sang Hyuk’s eyes went to the man on the wheelchair. “I had to work most of the time, but gladly he freed himself to stay here. I would have died in worry if you were alone.”

“Hyung…” Sang Hyuk didn’t know what to answer Jae Hwan with so he kept his mouth shut. “Thank you for your concern.”

“Don’t say such thing.” Jae Hwan held Sang Hyuk’s hand. “I will make things right.”

“What?” Won Shik asked the man who looked at him with anger. “Hyung…”

“We talked about it. You will play your role of husband perfectly and us ends here.” Sang Hyuk studied as Jae Hwan looked at him, shedding tears. “I love Won Shik, Sang Hyuk, and because I love him, I’m going to break up with him. He belongs to you and to this wedding.”

“But…” Sang Hyuk wanted to stop him.

“Won Shik is a good guy once you step in his good side, I know he did this to you but I know he will treat you well if you give him the chance to.” Jae Hwan explained with sadness. “I had to break up before but I’m glad I didn’t. I am glad I got to know you before doing so. Please love him, Sang Hyuk.” The kid in bed seemed shocked. “Won Shik love to sleep on people’s shoulders, so let him sleep on you whenever he feels like it, he rarely sleep well by night.”

“Jae Hwan… stop it.” Won Shik hissed, holding Jae Hwan harshly.

“He loves to drink a jus with the breakfast, but abuse coffee so control him, ok?” Sang Hyuk blinked in confusion. “He falls sick very fast, so make sure he is warm and have his natural share of vitamin C every day.”

“Jae Hwan, please.” Won Shik’s voice broke, and Sang Hyuk assisted to him breaking down. “I don’t want you to leave me.”

“Won Shik, you have already someone to take care of you.” Jae Hwan and Won Shik faced each other before falling in each other’s hug. “Please don’t hurt him again.”

“I swear to god, Hyung, I’ll do anything you ask me to do… just don’t leave.” Won Shik wined.

“I’m sorry. This is right.”

“No it isn’t.” Sang Hyuk’s voice was clear as he spoke. “You love each other and I don’t want to stay with your boyfriend, Jae Hwan Hyung. You can stay. The marriage is just a deal between our families, not something we have to respect he and I. You can both stay, I’m fine as I am.”

“What do you mean? You want us to live separately.”

“I know many couples who have separate beds.” Sang Hyuk explained vehemencely. “I’ll get a proper room, I’ll act properly like your partner, but I have my life and you have yours.”

Won Shik looked with hope at Jae Hwan’s skeptical expression. “We can do that, Hyung.” Won Shik pleaded with all his heart.

“I don’t want to be alone with this man.” Sang Hyuk said suddenly. “So you can stay, Jae Hwan Hyung.” Won Shik and Jae Hwan looked at him. “I may look nice but I never forgive.” Won Shik’s heart squeezed in guilt.

“Someday you will have to.” Jae Hwan said softly.

“But until then, stay.” Sang Hyuk said with a smile. “I’ll need you around too.”

Jae Hwan agreed to it and left the room to head to work, leaving Won Shik and Sang Hyuk alone. “Aren’t you truly going to forgive me?” The question was ignored but Sang Hyuk didn’t manage to avoid Won Shik leaning close to him. “I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

“You wanted to lock me in like a little slave of yours.” Sang Hyuk hissed earning a pout from Won Shik.

“I wouldn’t lock you forever. I just… I was pissed.” Sang Hyuk observed as Won Shik’s fingers caressed his face. “I just wanted you away from me so I won’t end up kicking you for real.”

“You did it anyway.”

“You are pigheaded, Sang Hyuk.” Won Shik chuckled as he leaned to look at Sang Hyuk’s open eyes. “I somehow got a good impression of you after that fight.”

“Your attack is good but not your defenses.” Sang Hyuk smirked, feeling hot in his neck.

“We can say the opposite for you.” Won Shik said with a dangerously low tone. “Does your father truly hit you?”

“He nearly killed me for this wedding.” Sang Hyuk kept on smirking. “I valued my life so I gave in.”

“Figured.”  Won Shik’s nose caressed Sang Hyuk’s. “I am sorry, for real. Can we start a new page?”

“Once I get a proper room and freedom, I’ll see if we can do that.” Won Shik laughed at it and Sang Hyuk’s smile showed up suddenly.

“You got that, buddy.” Won Shik held Sang Hyuk’s hand. “We will act like the loving couple in front of the world and you get the room, the freedom, and everything else you want.” He could see how big Sang Hyuk’s relief was as he shook hands at the deal.

If he had a good impression of Sang Hyuk before, Won Shik felt a strong respect toward the strong kid in the hospital bed.