Remembering

Remembering
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A sigh tore through his lips his eyes finally opening fully despite the tiredness still lingering there around the edges. Hanbin supposes he should feel guilty, but his face is bloodied and he was sure his hands were practically broken- Chanwoo has the right to kick him out, to close the door in his face, (and Hanbin wants him to do that, it was only right). 

But Chanwoo used to be his best friend, so the younger opens the door and murmurs a small ‘come in’ 

Hanbin hates that both his body and mind visibly relax with relief. 

He doesn't stop to look around, just follows because this wasn't somewhere he was wanted any longer- it was all because of Hanbin of course, but the thought still leaves a bitter sting in the back of his heart. 

Chanwoo doesn't say anything either his talkative nature taking a sour backseat as he shuffled around tiredly, still recovering from his tests that he had just taken to become an official Doctor (something else Hanbin feels like for) and he has a ‘no nonsense’ face on. 

When they enter the bathroom Chanwoo pulls out the first aid kit while Hanbin takes his usual seat on the toilet, his eyes darting around frantically refusing to just stay on Chanwoo. He was such a bad friend, probably the worst out there- after having stomped on Chanwoo’s heart he still had the nerve to return. 

After cheating on Chanwoo he still had the balls to knock on his door. 

Chanwoo must've had the same trail of thoughts because once he finished checking Hanbin’s wounds on his hands he had nonchalantly poured hydrogen peroxide on it, not even caring about the inevitable burn it would bring. It hurt but Hanbin held in the yelp by gritting his teeth and curling his toes. 

He deserved this and so he would take it. 

“Was it him?” Chanwoo murmured bandaging his hand Hanbin hadn't heard him at first (too focused on the way Chanwoo’s cheeks had sunken into a more masculine shape, and the way his hands still had that strong firm grip) but when Chanwoo looked up at him with raised eyebrows he quickly replied with a flush “No- never” At that Chanwoo cracked a smile, but it wasn't a kind or relieved one, it was a cruel one that didn't even reach his eyes- it was completely and utterly bitter. 

“It was…a fight…” Hanbin finished lamely, Chanwoo rolled his eyes skyward murmuring something that Hanbin just couldn't decipher quick enough before the younger’s hand slowly rose to cup his face. He immediately flinched at the warm touch, confused on why he was being treated so good by him, but Chanwoo ignored it and began to tap it with small alcohol wipes. “You have cuts on your face too” 

Hanbin wonders what he honestly expected. 

“…So during this fight, did anyone get arrested?” Chanwoo was fishing for information, long ago Hanbin probably would've told him the truth. That Jiwon’s gang (his gang) got mixed up with another one and a scuffle started, that Hanbin had gotten the grunt of it because he was Jiwon’s boyfriend- that Hanbin had stormed away from Jiwon angrily and went to the one place he knew his boyfriend hated. 

At the time during his angry haze he had thought it was a good idea, now seeing Chanwoo after a year- not so much. Because this boy meant the world to him no matter how cruelly he had broke his heart leaving him crying out for him, begging to know why Hanbin was being so mean after all these years they've been friends (after 3 years of dating)- he still meant the world and so Hanbin wouldn't tell him the truth. “No, it was an innocent scuffle” 

The scoff that left Chanwoo’s mouth made him wince while simultaneously shrinking down as if he were a little kid again “Of course it was hyung, because a bloodied face and a sprained wrist only means an innocent fight” Hanbin fell silent and watche

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter