- final

Happy Birthday To You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sana didn’t know what to do.

It was Tzuyu’s birthday soon and she wanted to plan something nice for her best friend without messing it up.

Last year she made the mistake of pretending to forget Tzuyu’s birthday which made the younger one pissed and angry.

It took days to get her to forgive her.

Hmmm

Ah! She could prepare a surprise party! It would be fun for everyone and a break from their current stressful schedule.

But the major problem for Sana was that she didn’t know what to get as a present. She wanted to gift her something meaningful and special that was between the two of them.

For now, she had to plan the details of the party and discuss it with the other members.

The biggest issue was keeping Tzuyu out of the house.

Sana decided to gather the members when the young ones were at school. Momo and Mina would just have to catch Dahyun and Chaeyoung up on their tasks because it was the best time to discuss the party without being worried of being heard.

“Why are we all here?” Asked Jeongyeon as they sat in the kitchen of their dorm.

“Well, you know how Tzuyu’s birthday is coming up, I wanted to know if you guys had any ideas on what we could do?” Sana asked first.

“Uh, we haven’t really thought about it.” Said Mina.

“Did you have an idea Sana?” Asked Jihyo.

“I was thinking about it and I thought maybe we could hold a surprise party for her. We could hold a V Live broadcast too so we can share the celebration with our Onces’.” Replied Sana.

“Oh! I really like that idea!” Said Nayeon.

The others agreed too, already excited about the planning.

“Alright, now we have to split the work. Should we order food or make it ourselves?” Asked Sana.

“Definitely order it. None of can cook food worthy of a party.” Replied Jihyo, making everyone burst into laughter.

“I can make some food at least!” Rebutted Jeongyeon.

“Yeah? What are you going to make? Ramen?” Teased Nayeon.

“So what kind of food should we order?” Jeongyeon asked, still annoyed that she couldn’t make anything.

“JOKBAL!” Screamed Momo, finally having some input in the discussion.

The members all shook their head in disbelief of the girl’s love for the food.

“We can get pizza and fried chicken as well.” Answered Jihyo.

“Maybe we should get some bread too since that’s Tzuyu’s favourite.” Mentioned Nayeon.

“Alright, so food is done. Next is drinks.” Said Sana.

“Well, we can just get soda for the drinks.” Replied Mina.

“Can we get grape soda please?” Asked Nayeon, pouting.

Jeongyeon simply held her lips and .

Gosh they were really childish sometimes.

“Yes, yes, we can get grape soda.” Said Jihyo.

Nayeon simply jumped up and down and squealed.

Is she even the eldest amongst them?

“So drinks are done as well. Next is decorations, dessert and snacks. Nayeon and Jeongyeon, can you guys do that?” Sana asked.

“I’ll go with the two gays. They aren’t going to do much shopping if they go by themselves.” Said Jihyo, snickering.

“Who’s going to distract Tzuyu? I was thinking Dahyun and Chaeyoung because they would be at school together.” Sana suggested.

“That sounds good. I’ll just message Chae and Momo will message Dubu.” Replied Mina.

“Let’s get to it then. Momo, Mina and I will decorate everything you guys bring and order the food. Also, I’m dragging them shopping for Tzuyu’s present.” Said Sana.

Momo was pouting at Sana’s choice to take her along. Of course she wanted to go to get the decorations and food. She would be able to buy her favourite snacks that way.

“Alright, fine Momo. Go with the others.” Sana decided.

“Mina, I don’t know what to get Tzuyu.” Sana whined.

“She’s your best friend; she’ll love anything you give her.” Mina simply answered.

“But I want to give her something special.” Sana said, pouting.

“Hmm how about giving her a gift voucher for shopping at the mart?” Mina suggested.

“Are we talking about me or you?” Sana simply said.

“How about a dog toy?” Mina recommended.

“She gets too many of them from her fans.” Replied Sana

“Oh! How about this Yoda plushie?” Said Mina, holding the Star Wars figurine.

“That’s cute but it’s not special enough to give on its own.” Sana replied, sighing.

“You can even record a message on it!” Exclaimed Mina.

“Really? But what would I say?” Sana asked Mina.

“Why don’t you use this as a chance to confess your feelings to her? That’ll be a great present if I were Tzuyu.” Suggested Mina.

Yep everyone knew I like Tzuyu but the girl herself.

“Yeah but it won’t be a great present if she doesn’t like me back Mina.” Said Sana.

“That’s true. But I honestly think this is the best present. It’s special and sincere and it can only come from you. You get to confess to her without being nervous as well.” Said Mina.

“Hmm I think you’re right. It’s super cute and it totally reminds me of Tzuyu.” Said Sana, grabbing the figurine.

“I actually think getting a gift voucher for her is a good idea.” Mina suddenly said.

Sana only laughed at the girl’s randomness.

The two arrived home shortly after and waited for the others to come home.

Sana decided to go to her room and think about what she could record in the Yoda figurine. She wrote it down and put in her cupboard, putting Yoda in there too.

Now she needed to act normal around Tzuyu and she hoped she wouldn’t ruin things.

“Oh! Tzuyu, you’re home!” Said Sana, going towards the tall girl to give her a hug.

“Hello Sana Unnie.” Said Tzuyu, a little softly.

“What’s wrong Chewy?” Sana asked, immediately worried by the tone of her voice.

“It’s nothing Unnie. I’m just tired from school.” Replied Tzuyu, giving Sana a smile that didn’t quite reach her eyes.

“Why don’t you shower and rest, I’ll get something for you to eat okay?” Sana suggested.

Tzuyu nodded and went towards her room.

The kitchen was noisy when Sana walked in.

“Dahyun and Chaeyoung, did something happen to Tzuyu?” Sana asked them.

“Uh, no. She’s been quiet all day. I thought she’d be excited because her birthday was coming up but she seems the opposite.” Said Chaeyoung.

Sana was curious why she was so quiet.

She pondered for a few minutes before she found a possible reason.

“Hey guys, turning 18 is a big deal right? I think she’s sad because she doesn’t have her family with her!” Sana said, happy with her answer.

“That actually makes a lot of sense.” Replied Jihyo.

“But what can we do about it?” Asked Dahyun.

“How about we ask our manager if there’s a way we can get her parents here for the surprise party?” Sana suggested.

The other members all agreed and Jihyo decided to go talk to him.

In the meantime, Sana prepared something for Tzuyu to eat.

She took it out in a tray and headed back to her room.

Sana knocked on the door before entering and tip toed inside the room when she realised Tzuyu was asleep.

She chuckled at her sleeping position. She slept like a log! She placed the food on the table and went to sneak out of her room before warm fingers were around her wrist, stopping her from taking another step

Tzuyu was actually awake.

“You’re awake Tzuyu? I thought you were sleeping. Why don’t you eat something before you sleep?” Sana offered.

Sana had a feeling the younger girl didn’t want to be left alone right now.

Tzuyu nodded and smiled as she saw what Sana had prepared for her.

She gobbled down the food in such a quick time that it left Sana with hanging open.

Sana wanted to scold her but she looked so tired.

“Unnie, can you stay with me while I sleep?” Whispered Tzuyu.

“Hmm? Yes of course.” Sana replied, surprised Tzuyu had even asked.

Sana got in the bed with Tzuyu and hugged her, patting her back and putting her fingers through the locks of her hair as a calming effort to get her to sleep.

Tzuyu simply nuzzled Sana’s neck, causing the latter to blush at the contact.

Sana seemed to drift off into a blissful sleep as well, forgetting that she was actually meant to make Tzuyu sleep, not herself.

Tzuyu woke up to a mass of curls in her face.

She already had an idea who they belonged to; her best friend.

Tzuyu didn’t let anyone else sleep next to her but Sana. It was just a habit of hers now and she knew when the person next to her wasn’t Sana.

It wasn’t really a good habit.

She chuckled at the sight of the elder one in her bed.

Sana was meant to put Tzuyu to sleep and she fell asleep herself, not that she minded. Tzuyu always felt like Sana knew her all too well and concerned about her more than her own self and wellbeing. It was nice seeing her resting for once.

She knew Sana was worried about her when she came home from school.

Tzuyu had tried hard to conceal her feelings but Sana always saw through them anyway. Sana always said that she was an open book but no one can read Tzuyu like she can. She would always come and hug her or talk to her when she knew something was wrong and it always left Tzuyu feeling guilty that she doesn’t do enough to return the favour.

She mentioned her insecurities about their relationship to Sana but Tzuyu only got scolded for thinking that way in the first place.

She

Please log in to read the full chapter