16: Mend it

The Pathetic Ex-Lovers' Club
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 16: Mend it.

Every woman has their own little gang to talk about their day and share the daily gossip. Well, while everyone might have seen me and Jinae stuck together inseparably, they have no idea that Sehun is actually a better gossip mate.

“I’m tired. I’m so tired.” I spoke sadly, watching Sehun eating his fried rice that he forced me to make it for him.

Even though he shut out a few stuffs I talked about when he found something more interesting to him. Priorities first, he said. And that time, fried rice was his priority rather than his sister’s self- depressing talk.

“Is it good?”

“You aren’t really a good cook, honestly but it’s something you could get used to after you eat it a lot.” Sehun remarked. “How long has it been? It’s been nearly 9 years I have eaten your cooking.”

“I’m sorry you had to grow up eating my food.” I ruffled his head. He’s too big, honestly and he didn’t look like his age at all. And right, he had all the good genes from our parents and I, sometimes thought that we didn’t look alike at all because I am the ugly duckling next to a swan.

Sehun dodged his head away, hating the fact I’m ruining his hair into dishevel state. Even if it looked dishevelled, he still looked good, I’m so jealous. “Why do you look so down, anyway?” he asked.

I slightly smiled, ignoring his question. “In couple of months, it’ll be another mom and dad’s anniversary. Should we go together this year?”

“Dahee wanted to visit too so we’re going together.”

“Oh, Dahee, huh?” I bit my lip, and stared at him with creepy eyes that made him mentally shiver.

“What are you on about? There’s nothing attractive about her. She’s like a man, completely man.”

“You sounded like you’re insulting me.”

“That’s what I’m saying. If I date her, it feels like I’m dating you. I deserve to have a beautiful, innocent and soft spoken kind of girl. I’ve been bullied by you for my whole life. And I need to be fed with good food too, for once.” But he finished eating it anyway.

“Tch, you’re the one who used to make my life a living hell.”

That made me forgot about the argument that had happened earlier. But those kinds of memories can’t be that easily forgotten. I remembered his disappointing voice when he pointed out that Jongin is a married man frustratingly. I remembered how sorry he looked for ditching our dinner too.

“You know how Jinae and Kyungsoo were having the down moment of their relationship?”

“The one that’s driving her crazy, until she turned up at our apartment at 7 on Sunday?”

“Yeah, that one. Because of that, I meet Jongin quite a lot lately and his wife is not happy with it. I thought we could be friends.”

“Friends don’t work between ex-lovers.”

“Is that even legit?”

“It depends on you. I think there are two possibilities why ex-lovers could be friends.” He stated confidently, like he had gone through so many similar experience before. “One, because they are actually still in love with each other or two, there isn’t even love in the first place.”

My brother wasn’t an excellent student. Heck, he nearly had to repeat another year of school. But that time, he had never sounded so smart in his entire life.

~~~

Dull is my middle name. I live a really simple life for a 25 year old, not that I’m complaining, but I’m not enjoying it either. I think my years back when I was a university student was more eventful than now. Isn’t life supposed to be better as time goes by?

Well, there’s a belief. Just because it’s not happening now, doesn’t mean it never will. Who knows, my life would become so hectic because I’ll become the Seoul’s best interior designer. That is some good thing to dream of.

But as for now, the best to erase dull from my weekend is a hang out with Jinae at the mall.

“Oh, orange.” I put the lip balm on my chapped lips and told Jinae that it tasted nice, asking her to try it herself.

“Um, yum.” She said, mirroring my expression. “But Kyungsoo likes strawberry.” Excessive details I don’t need to know. I grabbed a packet of strawberry flavoured right away and put it in her hands before turning to another section to where lipstick were placed.

I love colours and looking at all these tones of lipstick that was displayed just cheer me up. I gave it a try on my hand to test the shades when it was on my skin and Jinae suddenly showed up, asking for opinion. “Try to smell at these two fragrances. Which one?”

I sniffed and gave it a thought at first, then realized my opinion actually didn’t really matter. “Which one do you think Kyungsoo will like?”

“I think this one.” She showed me and sniffed it once again. “Yeah, this one.”

“Then that one it is.”

“Okay.” She chimed happily and went back to the fragrance section to get a box of it. I went back to continue my colour testing but my eyes caught someone familiar from far. It’s Yerin.

Oh god.

I immediately lowered myself low behind the rack so that it could hide me from her sight and when I caught Jinae by arm, I pulled her near me. “I saw Yerin.” I said anxiously.

“Yerin is here?”

I nodded and her face brightened up at the news and looked around the store for the figure. Once she noticed where Yerin was, she raised her hand, calling “Yerin!” until Yerin saw her. “I asked her to join us today.”

“You’re kidding me.” I murmured, more like to myself as I felt myself zoning out.

“Why? I thought you want to hang out with her. You said she’s nice.”

I laughed awkwardly. “Y-Yeah.”

“Jinae!” Yerin cheered happily when she came to us and hug Jinae which Jinae happily return the hug back. “Hi, Hana. You look pretty.”

“Hi.” I replied and looked at myself to see what made me look so pretty till she would pointed it out. I was just in my rip slim fit and a white shoulderless lace top, only to come to a conclusion that she was just saying it out of courtesy.

Of course I felt tense around her. I did nothing like what she had said to Baekhyun but if she believed so then that means in her mind, I was doing so. But I wasn’t intended to raise up the topic either.

We walked around the mall, mostly Jinae and her had most talk along the way, leaving me out-Geez, thanks, bestie- as I occupied myself looking at the ground floor where there were performances went on. I realized how both of them had so much in common and we both had too, but the topics they were talking about were uncommon for me (involving Jongin and Kyungsoo). I found that pretty rude, but it’s not like I could voice it out at that time.

I cut them off in the middle when I found my favourite restaurant and Jinae, changing sides whenever she felt like, talking about the best food with me as we went in. Lunch was normal. Yerin was being sweet as she was and I really had thought she was such a sweetheart.

I guess she was just hurt when she found out.  But oh well, I said that too early.

Before we leave the restaurant, me and Yerin wanted to go to the washroom first before continuing our shopping trip. It was fine in the beginning. We went into the cubicle, next to each other in silence and even while I was fixing my hair, there wasn’t a faint sound of voice could be heard. I thought that’s how it was going to be between us but she br

Please log in to read the full chapter