She's got a boyfriend anyway

She's got a boyfriend anyway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And this is how it starts
Take your shoes off in the back of my van
Yeah my shirt looks so good,
When it's just hanging off your back

“Joohyun, can you stop please? I want to talk to you about something”, Wendy said trying to avoid Irene's lips and hands.
“You know, we're not here to talk, Seungwan. How many times do I have to tell you?” and Irene proceeded to discard every piece of clothing between her and her reluctant lover, “Just do what you're good at and shut up, please” she said, purposely pouting.
“I'm serious, I can't do this anymore, I really can't”, Wendy was trying to resist her, but her body was reacting to Irene's subtle touches more than she was willing to admit.

And she said, "Use your hands and my spare time—
We've got one thing in common, it's this tongue of mine."
She said
She's got a boyfriend anyway

Needless to say, Wendy surrendered, just like every time.
Irene was collecting her clothes when she heard Wendy sigh, she turned to her and looked in her eyes, “I wasn't kidding when I said that I can't do this anymore, I'm tired of being your second choice, I want to love someone and I want someone to love me back, but I can't have that because, no matter how hard I try to deny it, I don't want just anybody to love me, I want you. I want you all to myself. Please, leave him”.
Wendy was talking about Bogum, Irene's “boyfriend” or better, her “beard”.
“Seungwan, you know that if I could, I would leave him in a heartbeat, but it's not just about me, it's about my family and other stuff that I can't just ignore. I love you, I really do, I love you more than I love myself, that's why I can't leave him. If I were to do it, I would be forced to never see you again. I could never survive without you”, they were both crying and holding each other. Conversations like this were rare for them, mostly because it was too hard to talk about their feelings knowing that they were a “mistake”, something that shouldn't exist at all.

there's only minutes before I drop you off
All we seem to do is talk about

They were listening to music in the car, after another secret rendez-vous.
“I was thinking”, Wendy said while smiling, “how comes a tiny woman like you can scream so loud? I was so worried, you know people could think someone is murdering you, right?” and she laughed at the girl who was playing with hair.
“Well, you're pretty talented Miss Son, what can I say?”, she was trying to be seducing but her blushing cheeks betrayed her, “and by the way, you're not quiet at all either, so stop being so cocky about it, or I'll have to start again and this time I will have no mercy”.
“I need to drop you home, maybe we can talk about it next time or, maybe, you could demonstrate what you mean by saying that you will have no mercy”, she looked her lover in the eyes, “I'm really curious about it”.
And with that she started her car while Irene tried to regain her composure, feeling slightly dizzy after Wendy's words.

I loved your friend when I saw his film
He's got a funny face
But I like that 'cause he still looks cool

“Wendy! Did you like the movie? I mean, it was not a big role, but I'm so excited about it!”, Wendy tried to fake a smile while Bogum kept staring at her, that boy was so innocent, it almost made her feel guilty about her love for Irene.
“It was great! I really liked it, I'm so happy for you”, she said sincerely.
“So, I wanted to talk to you about something. It's private”, Wendy's heart skipped a beat when she heard Bogum say those words; they started walking towards a secluded area of the venue that hosted the party, Irene still busy with some kind of interview for a local newspaper.
“Don't worry, I'm not here to fight with you, Seungwan”, her name felt so different when he said it, it wasn't sweet or intimate, it was just a name.
“I'm listening”, Wendy said straightening her shoulders, like her life depended on what Bogum was about to say.
 “Seungwan”, her heart stopped again, “we've known each other since we were little, it was always me, you and Irene, I know you and you know me, I can read you like an open book and I care about your happiness. I know Irene doesn't love me, she loves you and I don't love her either. I mean, she's my best friend, you're both my best friends but, unfortunately, we have to keep this façade up. I know about your relationship and it hurts me to be the one who's supposed to date her. Today, I wanted to tell you that I will never, not even in a million years, try to break you up, I care way too much about you to hurt you like that. I want to reassure you, I know it can be hard, but she's yours, trust me, she loves you more than you know, that's why she told me all about it even thou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter