Hakyeon

Destined Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~Hakyeon stood before his mother, for once his heart aching more than his spine ever had. As much as Hakyeon had struggled over the past months since he was released, he felt his mother had suffered more. Moments like this proved that fact in Hakyeon’s mind.

“No, I refuse to let you out of my sight. You’re not going anywhere!” Hakyeon didn’t know what to say to her. He felt reasoning may not work at this point, but what other choice did he have?

“Mother, I can’t stay here forever. You need to let me go and live, just a little bit.”

“No! I won’t let you run around hurting all the time. It’s not going to happen.”

“But….I know this isn’t what you want to hear. It’s going to happen whether you want it to or not. Staying here won’t make the pains stop, and you know that. I need to go back to school mother. I need to go and live my life.”

Hakyeon moved closer to her, placing his hand on his mom’s shoulder. This was the first time since everything had happened that going back to school had been a serious discussion. Hakyeon felt as if his mom was in worse condition than he was, and she couldn’t bring herself to let him away from her side.

“What are you going to do? I need to be there for you, if it starts hurting. You need to be here, so that I can help you.”

“I’ll learn to handle it on my own, I just need time. Inevitably the day will come when I have to be by myself, let me go and learn how to handle it for that day.” Rather than Hakyeon, it was his mother crying right now. She never spoke another word, simply crying as Hakyeon held her.

Hakyeon had already decided that this was the worst part of it all. It wasn’t the pain, or hurting that did the most damage. It was seeing what it had done to everyone he loved. His friends, not able to go accomplish their own goals because Hakyeon could not follow them. His family, always worried and scared for him.

Hakyeon knew he could do it. He knew that this was no reason for him to put his life on hold, and he could push through it all. He was capable, but he worried the stress might be too much on everyone else. Hakyeon had already experienced hurt, more didn’t scare him. It scared them.

Holding his mother, seeing her and hearing her fear. Hakyeon decided that he needed to do something about it. To help everyone around him get better the same as him. His family and friends couldn’t do it on their own. They need a push towards the right direction, towards letting Hakyeon go and live like he wanted too. Hakyeon knew that only he could do that.

That night, Hakyeon packed his belongings. His mother had fallen asleep and his father was still working. He was entirely alone. Hakyeon wrote a letter telling her everything. That he wasn’t leaving for good and he would speak to them soon, he just needed time to learn for himself. He told them not to wait for too long.

Hakyeon stood in front of the door, looking back one last time. He felt really sorry, and he hoped that his mother could forgive him. Deep down, Hakyeon knew that this would turn out for the best. He tried to not let himself feel guilty or sad, because he knew this would lead to the better.

Hakyeon turned his head back, finally walking out the door. He started to walk towards the bus station, already knowing where he was headed. ~~~~~

Hakyeon couldn’t deny the fact, his reasoning for spending the day with Taekwoon wasn’t entirely selfless. Hakyeon had seen an opportunity to have someone to hang out with around the festival and taken it immediately.

Simultaneously, he didn’t want to reprimand himself entirely. That moment speaking with Taekwoon by his car, it had really seemed to put everything into perspective. Hakyeon had still felt an ache in his bones, however he was getting better. He could see Taekwoon was really struggling. Hakyeon felt as if he may be able to help him, and possibly if Taekwoon spent the day with him he would grow to be more comfortable.

Despite talking little, Taekwoon turned out to be very interesting to be with. He really enjoyed all things thrilling, no matter what that be. Spicy foods also were the soul of his being, and Hakyeon figured you could tempt Taekwoon to do anything if you offered to buy him something spicy. Taekwoon was very caring, and he had gone out of his way to watch over Hakyeon’s well-being.

Before Hakyeon had known it, Taekwoon and he had spent the entire morning together and four o’clock was rapidly approaching.

“Are you nervous Taekwoon?” Hakyeon asked merely out of curiosity as the two rested for a moment, anxiously holding their phones and waiting for results.

“Not yet.”

Hakyeon produced a very clearly fake gasping sound, his hand covering his lips as they formed on ‘O’ shape.

“Taekwoonie, it’s nervous? I’m proud of you!”

“Taekwoonie?”

“Yes, it’s a nickname.  We’ve known each other for at least 4 hours now. You’re getting a nickname.” Taekwoon paused for a moment, Hakyeon watching as his eyes wavered across the scene.

“Should I make one for you?” Hakyeon giggled, not able to tear his eyes from the other. In his own special way, Taekwoon managed to look very cute. He may have an aneurism if anyone said that to him out loud, but he looked like this cute little child that you would want to protect.

“Go for it!”

“….Hakyeonnie?” Hakyeon giggled, he had tried.

“Oooaahhh, you have the nickname talent Taekwoon!” Taekwoon look to the floor, hiding his face underneath his arms. Despite that, Hakyeon knew that he was smiling.

The grin across Hakyeon face was wide and bright, however it waved slightly as he felt his phone vibrate. He looked down, seeing it was a message from the festival. Taekwoon may not be nervous yet, however Hakyeon wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter