Final

Across the Horizon

I highly recommend listening to this while reading because this is the song that inspired me to write this story and since it fits well >~<

 

 

 


 


The young master paced back and forth around his wide bedroom. He was anxious, worried and terrified. Last week was his 17th birthday and that means he has more responsibilities, more work and less free time. 

Being the king and queen's only son wasn't paradise. He was next in the throne in 3 years. From the moment he was born, a crown was placed on his tiny little head soon to be filled with knowledge and wisdom. He was trained to be strong and powerful, trained to be an alpha. But he was no alpha. He wasn't strong. Yes, his body was muscular and well built but he wasn't as strong as he looks. He was gentle, kind and soft with a fragile heart of an omega.

His parents wanted him to marry a young, fair, beautiful maiden from the Northern side. But he didn't want to. He wasn't attracted to women. He was attracted to handsome men. That was one of his guilt. 
How disappointed his parents were when they found out their little heir was a gentle omega let alone gay. 
His father was furious and decided to force him to marry a girl of his choice instead of letting and risking his only son fall in love with a guy. 


♕ ♔ ♛


"Father, I can't." the young master argued. Tears were streaming down his cheeks as he grip the scroll in his shaking hands. All he needs to do now is sign the scroll and he's officially engaged to a young girl from the Northern side. He has never met her before let alone heard of her. All he knows was she's 5"1 ft tall, has fair skin like snow and is a year younger. 

"Sign. It." the king gritted his teeth with frustration. "This is for the sake of our kingdom that will soon be yours to rule. But, you cannot rule it alone without a queen by your side." 

The young master cried and shook his head, "No! I will not take some stranger's hand!"

"Enough is enough Jeon Jungkook!!" the king fumed. He slammed his calloused hands on the large vintage table. His face was red with anger. "You will sign that paper and you will marry that maiden!" the young master shook. He was afraid so with even more trembling hands, he finally signed the scroll with regret. The king snatched the scroll away and stomped off the room, leaving his son to cry alone.


♕ ♔ ♛


Jungkook curled up by his window seal in the shadows with only the moonlight illuminating his cold room. He was wrapped in a thin blanket as he gaze up the stars. He wanted to be free, wanted to make his own decisions without help. 

Everyone envied him for being handsome, rich and pure royalty but he didn't brag. I mean, what was there to brag about. Personally, Jungkook envied the villagers at the foot of soon-to-be-his kingdom. They were free. They can marry whomever they want and they can go to school and make friends while he was taught at home with handpicked teachers due to his parents not wanting him to grow up like the villagers in which they labeled as weak, dirty and poor. 

They weren't all weak, dirty nor poor. Most of the villagers were neither poor nor rich, they were in the middle where they can manage themselves and live freely and happily without having to worry about finances but, yes, there were things they could not afford.

There was this one particular villager that Jungkook had taken a liking to. He was tall, handsome, fair and well build. He had soft plump lips, toned abs, wide chest and very broad shoulders. It caused every pulse in the Jungkook's system to stop for a second before a rush of adrenaline surges through. 

Kim Seokjin. A 21 year old villager. He was loved by many. By children, babies, adults, elderly and even animals. He was smart, selfless, skilled with weapons and gifted with a golden heart. He puts others before him in any situation. When Jungkook comes down to the village with a ragged hood over his head, he would sometimes find the handsome villager playing around with children by the main square or helping out the elderly but he would usually find him sitting under a tree on top of a small hill, reading a book while small forest critters sniff and snuggle around him. It was a relaxing sight. 


Jungkook lets out a tired sigh before hopping off the marble window sill. He rummaged under his queen sized bed and pulls out a long thick rope. He then pads to his closet and slipped his hand under the pile of vests. He felt around a little before pulling out a ragged hoodie that he had carelessly stitched up using one of their maid's old dresses. He threw it over his head and covered his face with it before locking the door and clicking the window open. He tied the rope in a triple knot on one of the thick wooden pillars of his bed. He tugged once, twice before deciding it was strong enough to hold his weight, he then tied the other end of the rope around his waist. 

He took a deep deep breath before he jumped off the window, eyes screwed shut as he fell before he stopped. He coughed slightly as the rope tightened around him before placing his feet flat on the castle wall and slowly maneuvered himself down with experience and ease. He had snuck out from the castle enough to have gained this skill. He jumped down and landed on a soft patch of grass before hiding the long end of the rope behind the tall vines that climbed on the stone walls. 

He tugged on his hoodie to fix its wrinkles before running off to the village. He was excited. Sneaking out had always made him giggle. The fear of getting caught makes his stomach churn but that only caused his excitement to bubble. He loves the adventure, he loves to run with his arms spread wide open and the midnight breeze raking through the thick strands of his raven hair. 

He stopped when he reached the village. It was still alive. He doesn't know when the village sleeps actually. The latest he had stayed out after sneaking out was 2am and even then, the lights were still open but mostly the adults and a few elderly would be up and about while the younger ones would be sound asleep. 

Jungkook ducks his head as he passed by a villager. The village would be in a state of panic if they find out a royal blood is in their presence and they're unprepared and unorganised so to save them the trouble, Jungkook keeps a low profile. He was looking for a certain villager, one that made his heart skip a beat with every passing minute. 

He passed by the large fountain by the main square to get to the other end of the village where the entrance to the forest lies. The forest was dangerous at night especially in winter where wolves would be out, howling at the full moon. But it was autumn and Jungkook always goes to the forest when it's autumn. It's when the trees turn red, orange and yellow. It's when the forest floor was a sea of leaves. It's when he dives down into that sea and just roll around as the leaves fly with his bright grin and flushed cheeks. 

He runs in the forest, tapping a few trees trunks. He circles around huge rocks with a smile on his face before stopping when he heard soft rustling. He froze. Was it a wolf? a bear? But the rustling stopped when a human appeared. He quickly ducked behind a tree and held his breath. He cannot let a human find out that a young master is out alone. It was dangerous. Many careless royal bloods have been kidnapped and sold in the black market as slaves due to their handsome and beautiful features and because they were royalty. 

The human dusted off his shoulder and shakes his head before lifting his head up. Jungkook's heart skipped a beat at the same time. It was him. The handsome villager Jungkook had always found out of this world. He was so handsome. Sometimes he wondered if he was secretly a prince or one in his past life. 

The villager stretches his long arms before walking to a different direction Jungkook wanted to go. The young master then followed him, unaware of how loud his feet was when stepping on fallen leaves that crunched under his boots. 
The villager stopped under a lone tree by a cliff where other kingdoms shone brightly under the towering sky. Jungkook awed at the sight but kept a low profile as he eye the villager who leaned against the tree with his hands shoved in his pockets.

"So," he spoke. Jungkook flinched and crouched down further against the forest soil. "Am I finally going to meet you, or, are you going to keep stalking me?" he turned around to face his mysterious stalker who pulled his hoodie to cover his head before coming out of his hiding place. The stalker's head hung low as he stare down his feet. 

Seokjin cocked his head. Judging from the size, his stalker was a kid. "Am I that interesting for you to stalk me?" he asked, "That's kind of flattering, but, I don't quite understand why you must stalk me for I am not worthy of your time." the stalker flinched and he wondered if he had said something wrong. 

The stalker muttered something inaudible. "I did not quite catch that." he urged him to repeat. 

The stalker took a deep breath, "That is not true at all...you see, I find you interesting enough for me to...to want to get to know you..." a blush, he spies. The stalker was blushing. He fiddled with the hem of his ragged hoodie before shrinking down to look smaller. His action made Seokjin his head more. 

"You always seem to have that hoodie on. May I see your face?" he approached him but stopped mid-step when the stalker flinched and took a step back. He didn't want to scare him off. He finally caught him and talked to him. Seokjin would always find someone specific staring at him, watching him, behind houses and trees. It never really bothered him when it started to happened once or twice a week. But he would never see the hooded stranger anywhere else other than spying. He wonders if he was from the village or from somewhere from neighbouring kingdoms. But all neighbouring kingdoms were a day away so there was no way a human can walk back and forth in such a short amount of time.

"No, I am hideous.." the stalker shakes his head and pulls down on his hoodie to further cover his face. 

"Untrue. No one is hideous. Everyone is handsome and beautiful in their own way and I am positive you are beautiful." Seokjin said with that smile that made any human smile back or make maidens faint. He reached over again and grips the end of the hoodie. He waits for a second, silently asking for permission. When the stranger didn't pull away, he pushed the hoodie back to reveal the mysterious hooded stranger's face. 

Seokjin gasped at his stalker's identity. He quickly created a distance before kneeling down on one knee with his head bowed. "Young master." 

Jungkook frowned at the action. No, he wasn't Jeon Jungkook the young master of the Western Kingdom. He was Jungkook, a young teenage being trapped in the chains of royalty. "No..do—do not bow, please." he whimpered. He didn't want this. 

"Young master, if I may ask, what are you doing out at night. It's far too dangerous. You must hurry back now before mercenary hunters find you." Seokjin stood up but still bowing slightly. Jungkook shakes his head again. "No...I—I want to stay longer..I—I" soon, tears were b his doe eyes. He was frustrated. Why can't anyone treat his normally. Why does every see him as a rich boy on a throne with a shiny, heavy golden crown. 

"Young master, why are you crying?" Seokjin asks as he approached the young master with caution. "Because no one would treat me normally!!" he bawled and curled down on the fresh green grass.

Seokjin gasped at the young master's state. The young master he last saw was on a gold throne with red velvet cushions sitting beside the king. But now, the young master was crying like a spoiled kid. 

He crouched down, "Do not cry, young master. Tell me what it is that is bothering you." Jungkook sniffled and wiped his eyes messily, "Jungkook..."

"What?"

"Call me...Jungkook." 

"But, young master, that is disrespectful of me." Seokjin protested.

"Please? Just when it's only us," he begged. He has a name. Why doesn't anyone call him by it. His name wasn't 'young master' his name was Jungkook and he wants everyone to call him that. 
Seokjin pursed his lips, unsure before nodding. "Alright..Jungkook." he tries and surprisingly, it wasn't that hard nor weird. His name rolled casually out of his tongue as if it was perfect. Jungkook's heart skipped another beat at the sound of his name being used like a melody. 


That night, for the first time, Jungkook sat with a complete stranger without guards nor his parents watching him from afar. It didn't make him feel unsafe because for some reason, he felt that the handsome stranger was going to protect him. 

Days and days pass and Jungkook had been sneaking out more than usual to see the handsome villager. His marriage was only 2 months away and he knows he won't be able to sneak out anymore after the marriage so he oraginzed his days and uses his time wisely. 


♕ ♔ ♛


"You seem happy today." Seokjin pointed out as he sat by the river with Jungkook swinging his legs absentmindedly as he sat on a crooked bench. The young master flushed. He was always happy whenever he was outside or specifically whenever the handsome villager was around. 

"Jungkook," he started. The said name turned to look at him. The way his name sounded was serious and that made his anxious. "You might get in trouble and I don't want that. Maybe, you should stop sneaking around," the young boy frowned and Seokjin felt a pang of guilt eat him inside. It was like he just hurt a little bunny. 

"I will soon...don't worry." Jungkook said, almost a whisper. His legs stopped swinging and his shoulders plopped down. He doesn't look happy now. Seokjin felt a bit sad from the fact that he won't get to see the younger male anymore but this is what he wanted, wasn't it? He didn't want Jungkook to get in trouble but a part of him wanted Jungkook to risk that trouble to be with him, he knew he would do the same for the younger. 


♕ ♔ ♛


Jungkook flips open the calendar. Two days left and he was going to be married to a stranger. He was going to have to make her happy and love her even though he doesn't. 

That night, he climbed down the window again. He wasn't happy this time. He was terrified and anxious. 

He found Seokjin under the same tree by the cliff, looking absentmindedly into the scenery. He approached him and stood beside him but even when the older felt his presence, he didn't talk, he didn't shift to look at him. He only did when a small envelope was nudged to his palm. 

With furrowed eyebrows, he took the envelope and read the scribbles. "Your wedding..?" he stared at the young male with further confusion. "It's the day after tomorrow...I would like it if you come." It would be the last time he would see the villager and that thought alone pained him. 
He doesn't know what would happened to him if he saw that handsome face in the crowd. He knew he'd cry, maybe, bawl like a little spoiled kid.

"Will you come?" Jungkook lowered his head, afraid he'll cry if he sees his face. 
There was a long silence. The sounds of crickets humming around them with frogs croaking by the river just near. 

"Yeah, sure.." Seokjin said. His voice was flat but there was a smile plastered on his face. Jungkook didn't know if he was happy or somehow disgusted that he's getting married at a young age. 


♕ ♔ ♛


"Go to sleep now, young master. It is your big day tomorrow." the maid ushered the young up the spiral marble stairs draped with a long red carpet. Jungkook frowned but nodded. He run upstairs and closed his door. If only he could run away forever, he would. But he was too young. He wasn't rich. The money wasn't his, it was his parents. He cannot live outside. He cannot be free, not now not ever and that was the sad truth he had to live with, suffer with.

Just when he was about to cry himself to sleep, he heard soft tapping on his window. He cracked his eyes open and gasped at the lurking shadow by his window. A thief? 

He hopped off the bed and grabbed the wooden knife he had carved secretly. He cautiously approached the window, ready to stab the intruder but stopped when the intruder was actually the handsome villager. "S—Seokjin?!" he turned the knob on the window and opened it, letting the villager in who had climbed up using the vines. Jungkook awed at his talent but that wasn't the main concern. 

"Wha—What are you doing here? You can't be in here. My parents...they'll kill you." Jungkook couldn't hide the panic in his voice. His parents were kind and understanding but never in their lives would they allow a villager to step foot in the castle. 

"Run away with me," Seokjin grabbed his hand unexpectedly and Jungkook froze. Run away.

"What? Why? My wedding is tomorrow."

"You're not getting married. I won't allow you." Jungkook snatched his hand back, confused and terrified. For the first time, Seokjin the selfless was being selfish of him. "Who gave you the right to decide for me." he was not only confuse about the older's actions but for his as well. Why was he protesting. Isn't this what he wanted? To run away?

"You don't love her, I know you don't." Seokjin grabbed his hand again, pulling him closer. They kept their voice at a minimum level in fear of being caught. 
"You don't know that.." Jungkook argued.

"Then tell me, why did you stalk me in the first place." Seokjin searched his eyes, tightening his grip around his wrist. He refused to let go. He will not let him marry a stranger. Jungkook froze. What was the reason. Seokjin was a handsome young man but what did he mean to the young master. 

"Well?" the older urged. He didn't receive an answer. "Let me answer for you then." with that, he pulled the young master in for a kiss. The kiss was gentle and soft and full of emotions that Jungkook didn't understand. It was all surging down his chest, a little to the left. It was like time and space stopped and gravity was defying them. 

When the villager pulled away he pressed the foreheads together with him leaning down a bit. "I may be poor. I may not have enough but...I want you to be with me." a soft hand caressed the young master's cheek, thumb brushing the corner of his eye. "I don't care if you're royalty. Let your throne get crushed, your crown may bend but I will not look at you any differently." he then pulled him in his arms, locking him in his embrace. "You're Jungkook a normal young, innocent boy whose eyes are filled with curiosity and I love you." 

Tears wielded in Jungkook eyes. No one, not even his parents, has ever called him normal. In everyone's eyes, he was this rich young master who has the power to order people around below him. He was king and queen's son, their little heir. He did not like that fact. He wants to be normal. 

He hesitantly hugged back, sighing softly as the arms around his frame tightened, refusing to let go. 

What did Seokjin the villager mean to him.

"Run away with me. I'll take you anywhere, everywhere. We can be alone together." Seokjin whispered to his ear and a chill ran down Jungkook's spine at the hot breath ghosting over. "What about your family? Won't they worry?" Jungkook says and he felt the arms loosen. He pulled away, face flushed.

"I'm an orphan." 

"O—Oh..." Jungkook felt so stupid as he mentally slapped himself, "I'm sorry." he lowered his head. He heard a chuckle. Then he felt a hand ruffle his hair. "You didn't know, It's fine." 

There was a moment of silence. Seokjin offered a hand, silently asking a question. Will you run away with me? 

Jungkook stared at the hand. If he takes it, he'll be free. Away from all the responsibilities. If he takes if, he'll be the biggest disappointment in his paren't lives, in the kingdom. Sure he wasn't a goody two shoes but he respects his parents as well as himself. 

"Are you terrified?" Seokjin asked when his hands was left lingering in the cold air. Jungkook nods, fiddling with the hem of his shirt. He bites his lips, unsure if he should take his hand or not. "Are you terrified of running away with me?" 

Jungkook fiddles harder with his shirt before nodding. They've known each other for only two months and they would usually just sit next to each other minding their own business and secretly enjoying each other's company.

"Jungkook." he croons, arms snaking their way back around the younger's waist. "I will protect you. I know, I'm not worthy. I'm not royalty. But, I will love you." Jungkook felt his heart skip a massive beat. "Why me?" he asks, hand reaching to shyly graze along his plump bottom lip that curved into a small smile. "Because, honestly I don't know." he chuckles, "But, everytime you sit beside me basking in your own silence, I feel at ease. It's hard to believe but I don't like interacting with people that much." he recieved a soft gasp and he chuckles again, "I don't like being around people but, I want to be around you. Only you." he pulls him into another hug. His hand rakes through the younger's raven hair. "You're so beautiful, so pure. You're like the first snowflake to fall, untouched by the ground." 

Jungkook flutters his eyes close and inhales deeply. Seokjin smelled like a mixture of a cinnamon and sugar. He remembered Seokjin working at the bakery before. "Your answer?" he heard him say as his hand pauses by his scalp. 

They pulled away again, eyes searching in the moonlit room. "Yes." Jungkook smiles shyly when Seokjin pulled him into another hug. "You really love hugs, don't you." the younger giggles. "Only with you." 


♕ ♔ ♛


Jungkook packed his things. His clothes and other personal belongings he likes. Seokjin owned a bakery in the pass, he stocked up on food that can last them for a few years. 

"You brought a horse." Jungkook gasps once he jumps down from the rope and untied it from around his waist. "Well, we'll be going somewhere far from here." he felt adrenaline rush through him. He was excited and giddy. He was going to run away. He was going to be free, finally. 
Seokjin hooked the younger's bag onto his horse's saddle. There were other bags clipped onto the saddle and Jungkook assumed it was the villager's belongings. 

Jungkook wrapped his arms shyly around the villager's waist. He was muscular. His face was red and it made Seokjin laugh under his breath as he slapped down the reigns and the horse went galloping into the far distance and away from the kingdom. Jungkook looked over his shoulder and watched the castle turn smaller and smaller until all he could see was trees. He turned his head back to the front and leaned his cheeks against the villager's wide back. He sighed and fluttered his eyes close as he listen to the rhythmical galloping of the horse's hooves against the earth. They travelled far, so far, and they've seen many things. It was an adventure.

The horse's hooves finally stopped in front of a cabin. It looked cozy, warm and safe. 
Seokjin got off the horse first and helped the younger hop off. "It's not much but, it's a place to call home." he smiled. 
Jungkook loved it. It had two floors and four rooms.

Seokjin had built it secretly in hopes of moving out of the orphanage to live on his own. He was a 21 year old boy. He considers himself an adult and he should not be living in the orphanage anymore. But he can never find the time to move out. Maybe because he knew he'll be lonely but now, he has someone. 
Jungkook and Seokjin walked inside, hand-in-hand.

The search for the missing young master continued for years with the prize money rising. But no matter how high and low they all searched, they could never find him. Jungkook and Seokjin travelled a lot. They wanted to see the world, cover the whole land that stretched across the sea and one day, when Seokjin farms enough wheat and sells enough cabbages he would buy a boat where he would take the younger to a whole new world and a whole new scenery far beyond his imagination.

They were alone but they were together. 
They travelled around with the profit Seokjin made from farming. Jungkook was grateful, he was happy. 
Years pass and his love for the villager grew stronger and stronger.


♕ ♔ ♛


Seokjin's eyes fluttered open at the sound of birds chirping just outside the window. They were in the living room, laying on the couch. After going out for a walk last night, he decided to take things to another level. 

It was chilly. He looked beside his and his lips curved into a smile. His lover was sleeping soundly, snuggled against his side as he lay on his belly with arms tucked on his chest and cheek against the older's tricep. Seokjin pulled the fur blanket to cover Jungkook's bare body further. The younger male unconsciously draped an arm across the older's bare chest, curling against his neck with a relaxed hum. 

"Wake up." Seokjin croons, blowing hot air against Jungkook's ear that made his shake his head like a bunny covered in snow. He hummed, whining from his wake but smiled at the sight of an angel. "Hi." he giggles. "Hi." Seokjin says back with a chuckle. They shifted slightly to wrap their arms around each other. They may fall from the size of the couch but neither cared when every inch of their bare skin is pressed against each other.


♕ ♔ ♛


Jungkook stared into the horizon. The sun was rising and it was beautiful. The orange and yellow painted his raven hair. He couldn't get this view from his window back at the castle. 

The castle.

He wonders how his parents are now. Were they still looking for him? Did they assume he died? He doesn't know but he is not going back there, confined in his room with very limited freedom and will. 

Strong arms then circled around his waist, pulling him against a wide chest. "Are you alright, love?" he heard him croon against his ear as he place a soft kiss on his nape where soft hair meets skin. "Never better." Jungkook replies with a smile. He spins around and wraps his arms around his lover's neck. He buried his face in the crook of his neck and inhales deeply, taking in the scent of lavender. It was weird how he fits perfectly into the crook of the older's neck; almost hearing the snap of two puzzles conjoining. It makes him giggle. 

"Where do you want to travel next, my love?" Seokjin asks. He leads the younger male back inside the room and stands in front of a wooden wall where a slightly crumpled and torn paper of a map was taped on. It had a lot on red X's and lines. 
Jungkook loves this map. It showed how far and wide they have traveled, hand in hand. It was always exciting to decide where to go next. 

He looks over to a certain red circle on the map. It was an island separated from everything else. It had a wide ocean around it. It was perfect for them where they can finally settle down and shut the whole world around them. It was their goal. To finally live at one place, settle down after their big adventure and maybe start a family, let their own generation grow. 

Seokjin noticed his lingering stare. "We'll go there one day, but, we're still young and youthful. There are much more we haven't covered." he says. Jungkook nods. He hopes they'll grow old together and even after their hair have turned grey, witness more beautiful sceneries. 
"I want to go here next." he points to a mountain just a valley away from where they were. It was a perfect destination. 

"We leave in 2 days then." Seokjin decided, marking the calendar. Jungkook giggles. He felt another rush of adrenaline surge through him and without thinking, he tackles the older to the bed, showering him with hugs and kisses that caused him to laugh in the deep voice he loves wake up to and lulling himself to sleep with.

"I love you." he would whisper in a fit of giggles. "I love you too." Seokjin would reply back before pulling his lover into a gentle kiss the poured all their emotions in one skip of a heart beat.


You asked, what does the villager mean to the young master?

 


His freedom.
 


 

 


 

A/N: I have a lot of JinKook oneshots and chaptered fanfiction. But I don't know which one to upload yet so I hope you guys would read my upcoming Jinkook stories :D

Thank you or reading. Don't forget to comment, subscribe and upvote. Negative comments are welcome :D

 

- Death <3