Spring Love (Meanie)

SEVENTEEN One-Shots!

Spring Love

Really, Wonwoo doesn't know when it started. 

It was just them, him and Mingyu. Roommates and living university life like normal students. He was doing graphic arts, Mingyu was taking up architecture under a basketball scholarship. He was smart and introverted, Mingyu was athletic and extroverted. They were polar opposites that were meshed together into a loft that looked home-y enough for Wonwoo to spend the rest of his free days reading books or checking the internet for the latest games or variety shows.

But somehow, Wonwoo felt like they were compatible roommates. One would sleep after a days worth of basketball practice, the other would stay mum. One would be head in deep in studying, the other would be texting soundly. It was a peaceful and serene environment between the two, at least according to Wonwoo's perspective. Yet he always thought one of these days he'd begin noticing his roommate as more than the person who cooks their food; Mingyu was unbelievably attractive. 

Wonwoo believes it started a few months ago, during a certain week when he was just in his sleepwear in the middle of the night, entering the bathroom whose dim lights illuminated the rather bleak white tiles of the living room across it. There he saw a few things that he would rather keep to himself regarding Mingyu's (y)physical appearance, whether for personal or simply embarassing reasons he himself didn't know.

It wasn't even the way Mingyu constantly looked hot and cute at the same time without even trying, it was just him being there. Him being in his plain white Spongebob shirt cooking breakfast as Wonwoo simply stares in admiration, the way his eyes crinkled slightly when Wonwoo would comment about his food; how great it tasted. Lastly, and this was probably what really draw Wonwoo in to the other, was his constant habit of smiling all the time around Wonwoo and Wonwoo wasn't going to lie: it nearly drove him insane quite a few times. And the way his perfect white canines showed was really blinding to Wonwoo in the best way possible.

So there he was, in tattered and faded dark jeans with a white sweater that clung on to his chilled figure reading one of his favorite romance books that came just earlier (yes, he was sappy that way.) and leaning on the wall overlooking the beautiful cherry blossoms that lined the path towards their university center. It was a good day and add to the fact that Mingyu earlier that day left for class looking more stunning than usual in suit and tie for some reason his own roommate doesn't know, Wonwoo was clearly content with his state right now.

"Today's a good day. Mingyu looks hotter than usual, the book finally arrived and the trees are looking amazing. What a time to be alive." Wonwoo cherished, sighing contentedly at himself and proceeding to read the book which he clearly enjoys. It was peaceful, the sound of the cars and occasional conversations outside of the dormitory felt pleasing to Wonwoo's ears.

After finishing the halfway mark of the book, he drops it to his bedside table and goes to the kitchen and begins making use of the skills he learned from living a decade and a half with his parents, which is cooking. He liked it when Mingyu cooked for the two of them but occasionally he liked to show off his own cooking skills that left Mingyu smiling for the most part from how the food tasted, and it made Wonwoo all the more happier.

Wonwoo saw it fit that today as well, he was going to come clean about how he felt for the other. He liked Mingyu, quite a lot in fact and everything about him Wonwoo just adored. The way he talks, the way his smile would turn into a whimper when Wonwoo joked about not wanting to listen to Mingyu's boring conversations (he could honestly listen to him talk all day). This led to him walking down from his bedroom loft to the white gleaming tiles of the kitchen.

He ends up shirtless and wearing sweatpants (he was alone, what was he supposed to do wearing such casual clothes inside his own room) soon beginning what would turn out to be a beautiful full-course meal that took nearly half the entire afternoon to finish cooking. 

Wonwoo looks at his finished creation of a simple yet classy western dinner that had a hybrid of bacon and kimchi that somehow looked and tasted better than what Wonwoo would've expected from experimentation. So there he was, staring in awe at his creation of bacon lathered kimchi and scrambled eggs stuffed with leaves he himself couldn't name and the typical kimchi rice. It took quite a lot of work with the kimchi part in specific but he managed to pull through with the thought of Mingyu smiling at the semi-feast he's created for his roommate.

It was nearly 5 in the afternoon and the sun was beginning to fall asleep on Seoul's soon breathing nightlife and Wonwoo just finished washing his hands from the red mess he created with the kimchi fiasco. He leaves the food he created on the table (there were no flies in their room somewhat) and stretches out of exhaustion. Eventually, despite wanting to stay awake for the other he eventually fell asleep on his own fleeting thoughts. One which quite involved a certain silver-haired and tall boy who went by the name of Kim Mingyu.

He woke up in the middle of the night feeling warmth and friction spread across both of his shoulders. He opens his half-lidded eyes to be welcomed to the sight of none other than his roommate, silver hair falling on his beautiful face and skin glistening from wet water. Wonwoo presumed the other took a bath, and he was right seeing as how Mingyu was clad in nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist and showing off his radiating tan complexion and firm figure. Wonwoo wouldn't lie if he had slight erted thoughts running through his head at the time.

Wonwoo was still on lock by the other's firm grip on his shoulders in bed, and Mingyu looked certain, "What's wrong?" Wonwoo asked, eyes slightly staring at the other's parted lips, which began to turn into a grin. "Eat dinner with me?" the taller asked, water from his hair beginning to fall onto Wonwoo's forehead. Wonwoo rubs it off and slightly pushes Mingyu out of his grip and sits on his bed, Mingyu casually leaning on the wall near the bed showing off his figure beside Wonwoo once again. Mingyu needed to learn how to be at least decent with his actions because one more and Wonwoo might go insane once again.

"Why? I cooked that for you." the other mused, he was quite astounded Mingyu asked him to eat together with him. It was always one of them cooking for the other and the other eating it alone, this was a first for the two of them and soon after Wonwoo gave in (he had no choice, he reminded himself he was confessing to the other anyways) and they were sat across each other on the wide marble table in their kitchen. Wonwoo quite enjoyed Mingyu's company for the first half of the dinner, talking about one of the few common things they had; cooking really made Wonwoo warm up to the other all the more.

They've been roommates for around 5 months now and still, Wonwoo still can't comprehend how lucky he was for having such a cool, friendly and perfect roommate who went by the name of Kim Mingyu. He was just an art student hoping to get by university without having a bad rep stained to him, and somehow, he got more than what he bargained for with his roommate. His roommate who he could call his friend, and albeit delusionally, his crush.

"Mingyu-ah. I have- something to tell you actually." Wonwoo says mid-conversation. Mingyu was still caught up in munching the bacon and kimchi that all he responds with is a wide eyed glare to the other, puppy eyes activated and silver hair now parted to the right that made it even more difficult for Wonwoo to focus on what he wanted to say.

"Oh, is it about you moving out?" the words took Wonwoo by surprise, he wasn't moving out definitely. But his parents were constantly visiting and considering him moving out since classes for his course technically were only going to resume 4 months from now so pointlessly egging himself into staying with Mingyu as a roommate who had no classes was somewhat pointless; but it was Mingyu after all. And each time his parents would come over and talk about it, he can't help but have his heart just sink a little each time Mingyu would look sad and continue to have blank eyes each time they have the conversation.

"Actually, I-"

"I don't wanna talk about it to be honest." Mingyu flats out, hands firm on the spoon and fork he held which were now close to being buried deep into the glassware. He had a look of disappointment and sadness that Wonwoo couldn't quite process, but he knew Mingyu misunderstood. "If your leaving, you know you can just tell me tomorrow. Not today of all time--"

"-and why is that?" Wonwoo asks, now confused with Mingyu's words. He wasn't making sense and Mingyu was never like this, even during after hours when he was tired from basketball practice and classes. He always had this positive and outgoing persona, Wonwoo was supposed to be the emo one among them but right now, Mingyu was wearing the emo persona better than Wonwoo could ever, eyes sunken in and lips slightly parted but creasing downwards. 

"I-I don't like it when you talk about it. It makes me feel, I don't know. Mad?"

"Listen, I know yo--"

"If your here to explain how you've found me a new roommate, no. I don't want another roommate." at this point ,the room was silent and the tension just grew and grew to the point Wonwoo could feel heat rise up to his cheeks.

"I-I'm not go--"

"-going to leave? Yeah, I'm clearly fine with it. Your still on the new dorm across the block right? I gu--"

"Your not even listening!"

"What am I supposed to listen to if all your going to say is your going to lea--"

"I'M NOT LEAVING YOU!" Wonwoo shouted, his eyes leaving the vacant yet content stare he had and replaced with a slightly angered look. Mingyu suddenly sat down on the stool back and looked down on the floor.

"Look, I'm not leaving you. Not today, not ever." Wonwoo explains, voice beginning to calm once again. Mingyu began to look up slowly once again, a smile threatening to creep on his lips and his eyes beginning to lighten up once again.

"I-I thought you were going t--"

"-I'm not leaving until I make myself clear. Heck, I'm probably not gonna leave even if I do." Mingyu turns his head sidewards in confusion and eyebrows raised to the highest.

"And why is that?"

"Because I wouldn't wanna leave the person who I've been crushing on some time now." Wonwoo looked down, slowly stuttering and cheeks completely flushed pink from embarassment. Mingyu gave him a flat look, then suddenly darted for his own room. Wonwoo took it as rejection, and he clearly was prepared for the worst. How was he supposed to know if Mingyu even liked guys?

He walks to the refrigerator, swallows deeply and tears began falling slowly. He knew this would happen, but why did he even bother? I guess it never hurt to try and at least he got that out of the way.

He hears Mingyu behind him walk back, he doesn't bother looking. 

Until he feels hands clasp his waist tightly and Mingyu appears beside him, left palm holding what seems to be a red envelope with a cherry blossom flower used as lock. Wonwoo was taken aback and eyes wide, Mingyu suddenly laughs lightheartedly and buries his face in Wonwoo's side.

"W-What's all this?" 

"I've been waiting for the right time to tell you. But I guess my crush got ahead of me and told me they liked me first. I know its kinda late, but I've been wanting to tell you this Wonwoo for a long time." Wonwoo's heart was beating at an exploding rate that he wouldn't be surprised if he died from heart attack. 

"Open it."


I like you Jeon Wonwoo, your pretty much what I think about all day. And I hope this is the start of something more from the both of us.

You became my roommate a few months ago, and I guess we were complete opposites. But you know what they say, 'opposite attract' and soon enough I became attracted to you a little too much.

I guess I liked the way you talked to me, the way you moved, the way you'd scold me for overexerting myself on practices (i do it cause i find you scolding me hot;) and lastly, you being you.

I've been hiding it for quite some time now, even probably before you notice your own feelings for me (I'm writing this hoping you also do fall for me ;) since I've been trying my best to make you fall for me as well haha.

The moment I saw you being your dorky and cute self, I couldn't help but just stare at you wearing those circle-rimmed glasses and your toothless grin you so love to throw around.

You probably see me as that 'too cool for me roommate' but I promise you, all I think about is you day and night, heck even my friends think I'm crazy and have been losing the cool I used to have because of you.

I haven't been showing much interest in you because I was 100% sure that you were straight. I'm probably writing this letter as some insane delusional idiot that thinks he has a chance with you. This will probably get thrown out a few years from now seeing as how this is just me being all sappy and loving.

Jeon Wonwoo, will you be mine?


Wonwoo was a blushing and grinning mess at this point. It all came to good to be true to him, this was supposed to be the part where he gets rejected and he Mingyu tells him to leave him alone.

Instead, Mingyu was nose deep in his neck sniffing his hair (thank God he had great perspiration) and hands clamped across his waist. He closes the envelope and turns to the other who was now standing in front of him, the widest grin plastered across his perfect face.

Silence engulfed the room, and the awkwardness was slightly present until Mingyu decided to finally ask.

"I ask once again Jeon Wonwoo, will you be my boyfriend?"

"You mess. You really think I didn't like you?"

"Well you haven't been showing much interest to me at all. And you've been always just no--" Mingyu's pouting rant soon ended the moment Wonwoo had enough and planted a kiss onto the other's thin lips, in turn making Mingyu express disbelief eyes wide.

"I like you as well, really, really, like you."

"So is that a yes?"

"Only if you let me stay in the dorm."

"Idiot. I'd rather be a recluse than be without you."

"Then yes." Mingyu suddenly plants another kiss on the shorter, and Wonwoo reciprocates, hands wrapped around his neck and the shorter held by the waist. They soon part lips and clearly both weren't happy about it breathless.

"You better finish the meal I made for you, idiot."

"Actually, I haven't told you Won-ah. But I was planning on confessing to you today." Mingyu admits then walks back to the counter and sits and stuffs himself with the food Wonwoo made for him which tasted a little too delicious add to the fact that Wonwoo just became his boyfriend.

"Turns out I'm not the only one."

"You were as well?"

"Yeah."