Math is overrated

Titanic

“Seo Youngho, your results in math just keep on getting worse. It’s worrying, seeing as you used to be one of the best in class” Mr. Park says sternly to the boy infront of him.

The mentioned boy just laughs sheepishly and rubs the back of his head before answering with a half-assed lie “haha, yeah sorry teach but I guess math has just gotten really difficult lately.”

Mr. Park, clearly not buying Youngho’s lie just answers with an ‘uh-huh’ before sighing and rubbing his forehead. “Ok, you know what Youngho, I’m getting you a tutor because this behaviour is unacceptable and should not continue.”

“Alrighty. If i may ask, who is this aleged tutor you’re speaking of?” Youngho asks.

“Moon Taeil.” The teacher answers while pointing at the other boy in the room, who had been silently standing there the entire time. Taeil’s eyes widened, and his neutral expression turned into a look of surprise and confusion.

“Me?” He says, while pointing at himself.

“Yes you. You’re the best in this class, if not the entire school, at math. There is nobody more fit for this position but you.” Mr. Park answers while leaning back and crossing his arms. “The most optimal option would be that you two start today. Actually you two have to start your tutoring lessons today, or else I’m gonna fail you both in this class.” He states before standing up and packing his things. “With that I will be leaving now. Goodbye and good luck.”

Just as Mr. Park had left and closed the door, Youngho turned to Taeil with a grin. “Well you heard him, we gotta start today or else he’s gonna fail us. And if I do fail my mom is gonna kill me, and I kinda like living so I’d rather that didn’t happen.” he says and slings his backpack over his shoulder.

“O-oh um ok. Where were you thinking?” Taeil asks nervously.

“My place. Now come on.” Youngho answers with a wide grin and waits for the other to take his things before slinging his arm around the shorter’s shoulder.

 

--

 

About half-way into the tutoring session, Youngho drops his book and lies back on the floor with a frustrated sigh. “Oh my god this is so boring. Let’s do something else instead” he says while stretching out his arms infront of him.

Taeil looks up from his book to the boy who was currently rolling around on the floor while complaining about how bored he was. “But we need to study and make sure that you better your grades” the older says with his brows furrowed.

“Hyung, please. Do you really believe that I’m bad at math?” Youngho says, lying on his side with his head perched on his hand and a smirk on his face.

Taeil looks even more confused and mutters out a ‘what’, before closing his book and setting it down on the floor.

“The truth is that I intentionally started to fail math, because I knew that Mr. Park would want me to get a tutor. And I knew that says tutor would be you.” Youngho says, now sitting up.

“I still don’t understand, why would you…?” Taeil asks looking down. “Because I like you, and I want to spend time with you outside of school. This tutoring session is the perfect time to do such a thing, and so far everything is going according to plan.” Youngho says with a gentle smile. “Now that I’ve explained myself, wanna watch a movie?”

“Wait, wait, wait. You can’t just confess and then play it off like it's nothing!” Taeil exclaims exasperated.

“Of course I can, I just did.”

“No, Youngho it doesn't work like that!”

“Says who?” The younger replies with a lopsided grin. When the older doesn't answer, Youngho moves to sit beside the other and turns on the TV. “Is Titanic alright for you?” He asks. Taeil just slowly nods his head as a reply.

 

--

 

At the end of the movie, Taeil was a crying mess and clutching onto Youngho's shirt tightly. “Why did he let go, there was space for him too.” He says before a fresh new wave of tears well out of his eyes.

The younger could only rub the older’s back while smiling a little to himself. Who knew his hyung was such a crybaby. “It's OK hyung.” Youngho tries to assure the older, albeit failing as the other yanks his head away from where it was nestled in Youngho's chest.

“What do you mean ‘it's OK’. It's definetly not OK.” He says with a frown adorning his face.

Youngho sighs and takes Taeil’s arm, pulling him closer so that he was practically sitting in the younger’s lap. “Calm down Tae.” he says while cupping the older’s face.

“Who says you were allowed to call me Tae. And what do you think you’re doing.”

“Something I’ve wanted to do for a long while now.” Youngho answers before leaning in and closing the distance between their lips. The kiss is short and sweet, Youngho pulling away after not getting any response from the other. He frowns and opens his mouth to apologise, but is interrupted when Taeil grabs him by the neck and closes the distance between them once again.

The kiss starts off as innocent, but progressively gets more and more passionate. As the kiss grows heated, Taeil pushes Youngho back and straddles his hips, never once breaking the contact between their lips.

They are interrupted when Taeil’s phone starts blasting SHINee’s View, indicating that someone was calling him. Pulling away from the kiss, Taeil smiles apologetically and mutters out a sorry before standing up and answering the call. “

Hello?...yeah...ok...I’ll be there soon.” After hanging up Taeil turns to Youngho and smiles shyly. “Something came up I need to head out now.”

“Aww alright.” Youngho says while walking over to the other. “We should hang out again sometime. Matter of fact we should hang out tomorrow, but instead of calling it ‘hanging out’ how about we call it a date instead? And after that we could hang out some more, only that we would be boyfriends instead.” He adds, wrapping his arms around the shorter’s waist.

“Who says i was gonna agree to being your boyfriend.” Taeil challenges, looping his arms around the other’s neck.

“Please, nobody can resist a hot piece of like myself.” Youngho says proudly and leans in to give the other a quick peck on the lips.

“We’ll see about that.” Taeil says with a smile, stepping away from the other and out of the apartment. He waves to the other before turning around a walking down the street with the smile still present on his face.