Savior

Insurrection

 

 

Soojung woke up from the sharp pain from her abdomen, sitting up to what appeared to be in a bed. Something didn’t feel right though, as her gut was sounding alarms in her head – the last thing she remembered was being… shot. She was shot, and she killed a man, and then fainted in the woods.

She gasped in fear at the realization, and reached for her gun from behind her waistband, but it was nowhere to be found.

She heard footsteps getting closer, but she had no time to pretend to go back to sleep; she had to face whoever was coming.

The door gently opened, and she saw another man; he only looked a few years older than her; and she noticed his hair was tied in a ponytail.

She met eyes with him, and to her surprise, he was the more shocked one out of the two.

“Guys, she’s awake!” He exclaims from behind him, and all of a sudden, all she heard was the clamor of noises, followed by a bunch of footsteps.

Soojung felt even more flustered as more guys (or boys… men?) flooded through the room, and she sunk back into the bed in fear.

One guy shoved his way past through the crowd of boys, telling them to leave the room. The rest of them groaned, but one by one, they made their way out of the room, the man with the ponytail included.

Soon, it became silent, and it was just her and the other guy. She watches him as she sits down on a chair near the bed.

“Um, hello.” He starts, and she gasps, startled from his voice.

“Where am I?” She asks, quiet and afraid.

“You’re in a cabin, in the woods. We found you not too far from here.” He answers gently.

“H-How?” Soojung stutters out. “How did you find me?”

“We heard some gunshots, and some screaming. I’m guessing that was you.” He stares.

“You don’t understand,” Soojung starts to panic, “I didn’t want to kill him. He was going to kill me, I didn’t have a choice.” She explains hastily, tears forming in her eyes.

“It’s okay, I understand. I know what you’re talking about.” He says, comforting her.

“You… do?” She asks. “Then why did he want to kill me?” She questions, almost hysterical. “He mentioned something about needing this planet.”

“I don’t think right now is a good time to explain everything. You’re still hurt, you know.” He explains.

“Please… Sir.” Soojung mumbled, unsure on how to address the man in front of her.

He laughs, and it makes her confused. What was so funny?

“I’ve never been called sir, before.” He smiles. “I’m only twenty one.”

“Oh.” Soojung replies, not knowing what to say.

“My name is Seungcheol. Choi Seungcheol.” He introduces himself. “And you are…?”

“Kim Soojung.”

He nods silently.

“How do I know I can trust you?” Soojung asks, unsure of what to expect.

“Well, I did save you. Actually, Wonwoo, Mingyu, Hansol, and I saved you.” He explains. “Plus, I’m not trying to kill you right now, either.”

Wonwoo? Mingyu? Hansol? How many people are with him? Soojung thinks, confused.

“How do you know I won’t kill you?” Soojung tries again. She was beginning to question Seungcheol’s ability to trust others.

“Well, have you?” He asks, a small smirk on his face.

“Well, you did take my gun away.” Soojung accuses.

“While that may be true, I was just holding it to protect you.” He states. He stands up from his chair and walks over to a chest drawer, pulling out one of the drawers and grabbing her gun.

He walks back over and places the gun on the bedside table. “Are you gonna kill me?”

Soojung didn’t know what to say, feeling shy at his question. “Well… no.”

“That’s good. The rest of the guys wouldn’t like it if you killed me anyways.” He smiles, before gesturing to an empty spot on the bed. “May I?”

Soojung gently nodded, Seungcheol gently sitting down on the side of the bed.

“How many of you are there?” Soojung asks. “Are you guys family or something?” She watches him as he chuckles to himself.

“Including you and I, there are fourteen of us. The guys and I aren’t family, but it’s the closest to family we’ve got.” He answers politely. “What about you?”

Soojung’s expression falls, and Seungcheol doesn’t fail to notice it. Not wanting to push, he changes the subject.

“Actually, you should get more rest. You were bleeding out pretty quickly on Wonwoo, so you should probably apologize to him when you get the chance.” Seungcheol jokes, and Soojung cracks a smile for the first time in weeks.

“Sorry about that.”

“Jeonghan has been the one taking care of you, the one with the ponytail, remember him?” Seungcheol asks. “If you need anything, just call for me, or something. I’ll make sure the rest of the guys don’t bother you.”

Soojung nods, and Seungcheol makes his way out of the room.

Not wasting another moment, Soojung’s eyelids droop to sleep.