The Other Half

Downfall

 

"I miss you, Chungha unnie." Somi hug the girl she call Chungha tightly. It's been a long time since they last met each other. When they parted from the long hug Chungha gave Somi a kiss on her forehead.

 

"I miss you too, Somi." Chungha reply. Her voice was deep and for most people it was enough to make them crumble on their feet but not Somi. She was never afraid of Chungha. They walk hand in hand to a swing under the biggest tree in the garden. The swing was large enough for both of them to sit on but only Somi do while Chungha chose to stand behind it. 

 

"Seeing that you are here, I think you have a problem. Is it right Somi?" Chungha ask while pulling the swing and letting it go gently. Somi turn her head and smile. 

 

"No." Chungha stares into Somi's eyes. Somi know that look. The look of her trying to dig the truth. She didn't ask any further and Somi didn't want to to talk about it too. Not now anyways. 

 

"Unnie, higher!" Somi said in childlike tone. She might be centuries old but she was turn ito vampire when she was 15. So its just right that she retain a little bit of childish behaviour. Chungha shake her head in amusement and pull the swing higher. Somi was laughing and clapping like a 7 years old not 700 years old.

 

Somi suddenly jumps from the swing and said "Unnie, lets hunt!"

 

"I thought you never ask. Wanna fly?" They both laugh as they both know that Somi afraid of flying. Ironic that someone immortal was afraid of thing like that. Chungha put a little on her feet to lift her body up and spread her beautiful black wings in the mid air. 

 

"Race you!" In just a few seconds she was soaring in the dark sky and Somi was running on the ground. 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

At dawn Somi walk through the hallway of the vampire castle with her right hand intertwined with Chungha's. All vampires in the castle bow their heads in respect to the them. Some even drop on their knees for their fear of Chungha, one of Azazel child. The one who responsible for creating new era of vampire two millenia after the first race of vampire was eradicated from the surface of the earth.

 

Chungha was considered as the vampire queen. Somi was one of Chungha's first vampire making her a royalty in vampire world. No one would mess with the vampire who got a favor from the vampire queen. Somi was trusted by Chungha to keep the vampires in line. Their absolute rule was never under any condition they can reveal their secret to human. And Somi was known for her ruthless act on anyone who dare to defy the rule.

 

Both of them continue to walk with grace ignoring the stares. Reaching the chamber Somi immediately jump onto the bed with Chungha chose to lay down beside the vampire. Somi turn around to face Chungha. 

 

"Unnie, do you believe in true love? Like we are destined to find our other half? Do you think it really exist?" Somi ask in soft voice. 

 

"I do. Every being has it other half. Maybe it is hard to find but it is there. For humans, fairies, pixies, vampires, angels and demons." Chungha answer with a smile which was rare for the demon child. Somi never talk about love and never show any interest in it. 

 

"Can our other half be someone of other beings?"

 

"Yeah, sure why not? The vampires always found their other half in human, pixies with fairies, demon also fall for human or vampire."

 

"But angel and demon were forbidden to form romantic interest between them."

 

"Why?"

 

"I don't know why. But I heard stories about it. It was from a while back."

 

"A while back in human timeline or immortal timeline?"

 

"It was around a millenia ago when I first heard the story. An angel fall in love with a demon and so did the demon. They became involved intimately and the relationship was not bless by both side. Both of them became sick and some said that the angel died because she refuse to leave her lover. The demon was left to suffer heartbreak. Since then the relationship between the two species was forbidden."

 

"Did you ever find your other half?"

 

"I did. But she was not immortal as I am." Chungha's face look gloomy when she talk about her dead lover. 

 

"Don't you miss her?"

 

"I do. But she left me a precious gift though." a smile surface on the vampire queen's face. 

 

"What is it?"

 

"Its a... Secret!" Chungha laugh when Somi pout at her answer. 

 

 

A/n: What do you guys think about this chapter? What about the revelation? What is the gift? Why Chungha come into the story? Don't worry there a lot more to tell. (I am a bit overexcited about the story and the ideas just kept pouring and I had to write before I lose the spirit.) I post this chapter tonight because I won't be able to update the story for at least a few days. I have a few tests and third language drama shooting this week. Sorry if its not up to your expectation but I hope you guys enjoy it and thanks for reading. Keep supporting me and I will do my best to serve you. Lot of love. - Yun