Two

Hey There Miss Shorty

Nari drew a long breath as she looked outside the window of the truck. The neighborhood did not change at all and it’s giving her a lot of mixed feelings. She’s been gone for three years and she missed their house and even her friends back home.

Jongin – she missed him a lot.

Even without saying it to him, she felt like the distance between them grew wider because of the distance.

She’s curious about how he’s been doing during those years that she’s not by his side. She’s curious as to how much he changed.

She’s curious about everything that happened to him.

When the truck stopped in front their house, she got off immediately. She stared at the house and smiled. It’s real. She’s finally home. She turned around, looking at Jongin’s room. His window was closed and so was his curtains.

He’s not home.

Picking a box, she entered the house with such excitement. She never imagined that coming back to their house would feel that good. She rushed to her room and pulled all the white sheets covering her bed, desk and closet.

She stood in front of her window and pulled the curtains open.

She could imagine Jongin staring back at her from his window. A smile crept on her face.

She stepped back and was about to pick the box on the floor when she noticed something lying under her bed. She pulled it and stared at it for some time.

“Should I go?”

That was what she asked him that night, after Shinwoo asked her out – on a date.

She turned the paper and sighed.

“Tell me not to go.”

She bit her lip before pouting.

When did she start falling for him anyway? She’s too used of teasing him that she never kept track of when her heart changed for him.

Honestly, she wanted to tell Jongin but she’s just too scared. What if he does not feel the same? Their friendship will be affected.

“Help me. Please. I love you Kim Jongin. Please.”

She smiled at the words I love you. She often carelessly say those words when they’re together but she couldn’t remember when she started wishing that he would take it seriously.

And when he said “go”, she decided to just save their friendship.

She wants to have Jongin by her side than losing him because of her own feelings.

She put the pad on her desk and sighed. That’s already in the past. Besides, Jongin must’ve changed a lot. Maybe he even has a girlfriend now.

With a last look at his closed window, she turned around and ran downstairs. “Hey, be careful!” her mother shouted as she pulled the box which was lying on the middle of the living room.

“Can you please give me that one?” Nari pointed out the blue box on top of the biggest one and the middle aged moved reached for it immediately. She was about hold the box when a pair of hands reached for it instead. And she could feel someone standing behind her.

She looked back and gasped.

“Jongin?” she mumbled in surprise.

“Hi,” he said with a smile. He stepped back with the box on his hands.

“You…”

“Why?”

She couldn’t believe her eyes.

“Are you some kind of giant? You’re like a pole,” she exclaimed and Jongin couldn’t help but laugh. She’s the same Nari who says such kinds of things.

“There you go again,” he commented before walking towards the house.

“Seriously, how tall are you?” she asked, following him inside.

“182 cm.”

Nari gasped even more. “You’re really tall now and here I am stuck at 165 cm.”

“Is the air different down there?” he asked jokingly and Nari hit his arm. Now, it’s the time to reverse the roles.

“Not at all,” she replied. “Did you drink a lot of milk? How many gallons of milk did you drink?” continued asking, clinging to his arm.

He couldn’t stop smiling at her as they walked upstairs. As they entered her room, he put the box on the floor and looked around.

“Your room looks smaller,” he commented.

“Wow~ And that’s from the guy who was shorter than me 3 years ago~” she teased.

They both kept quiet and Nari cleared . “Jongin, do you have a girlfriend?” she suddenly asked. Even she was taken by surprise by what she just asked. Jongin was staring back at her.

“I was just asking because your girlfriend might misunderstand us when we talk and-”

“I don’t have a girlfriend. How about you? I bet you have one.”

Nari wasn’t making any sense a while ago but she was able to take a breather when Jongin said that he has no one.

“I don’t.”

Another wave of silence enveloped the room and Jongin turned around.

“You really could see my room from here,” he added, walking towards the window. The pad on the desk caught his eyes and he reached for it.

“Help me. Please. I love you Kim Jongin. Please.”

He turned around, showing it to Nari.

“So how did your date go? I wasn’t able to ask you three years ago.”

Nari looked down at her feet and she started playing with her bracelet.

“I…did not go,” she confessed.

“What? Why?”

“Just because,” she replied, looking down again.

“Tell me not to go.”

Those words were written on the other side of the paper and Jongin was able to read that. The corners of his lips curved up before looking at Nari. He put the pad down.

“Shinwoo was lucky. He was not able to date you. You’re horrible when it comes to talking to guys anyway,” Jongin chimed, grinning.

“What?” she asked, glaring at him.

“Why? I’m just telling the truth. Remember Jisung, your crush when we were in middle school, you just froze in front of him when he started talking to you.”

“I did not freeze!”

“Oh yes, you did.”

“I did not!”

“Dear Diary, Jisung talked to me today and I was not able to say a word to him. I just felt my head spinning and cheeks burning when-”

“Kim Jongin! Shut up!” Nari screamed, throwing herself towards him, trying to clamp his mouth with her hand. Jongin pushed her and continued telling the exact things that Nari wrote in her diary.

“Stop it! How could you memorize all that?!” she huffed and hit his arm before pulling him down using the trick that she always did in the past. Her arm was around his neck and he was struggling to get free.

“That hurts. Song Nari, let go,” he stated before grabbing her wrist.

She let go and stared at Jongin. “Whoa~ Height really does matter when-”

She stopped.

Jongin was hugging her too tight.

“I missed you,” he mumbled.

“Me too,” she replied, patting his back.

He pulled away and he looked down at her.

“Welcome back, Shorty Nari.”

And maybe this time, he’ll be honest with his feelings and maybe, Nari will be too.


 

Hahahahahahahahaha XD LOL. And there goes to nothing. 

Keep on loving Kim Jongin!!