With Me or Against Me

With Me or Against Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            "The captain and manager seem awfully close…"

            Doyoung looked over his shoulder towards Jaehyun who's whispering with his back facing him. The mention of 'captain' and 'manager' got his attention first and foremost. Mark and Johnny noticed the look from the manager and gave him a nervous smile while trying to gesture to Jaehyun to shut up.

            "Why are you guys making such weird faces? Don't you agree though? I mean the captain is always-"

            A sudden hand clamped down on Jaehyun's shoulder, silencing the talkative soccer team member quickly. Mark and Johnny have already fled the scene the moment Jaehyun turned around.

            "What was that about the captain? What do I always do? Care to elaborate Jaehyun?" Taeyong gave his usual look as if daring his teammate to actually give him an answer.

            Jaehyun began sweating nervously, "Nothing at all captain! I'm just ready for practice! I can't wait to be goalie today!"

            With that said Jaehyun scurries off to berate both Mark and Johnny for leaving him on his own with no warning of the captain in such close proximity to him. Seeing the scene disperse itself Doyoung was about to turn back around but he accidentally makes eye contact with Taeyong who smirks at him. Doyoung suddenly can't seem to push down the sudden urge to kick a soccer ball at said smirking captain but luckily for him, Doyoung feels a nudge on his shoulder and looks away to see his fellow co-manager Ten.

            "Ooh look Taeyong is smirking at you again~" Ten teases as he pulls out the soccer ball bin from the supply room.

            Doyoung lends a hand as he scoffs lightly, "Pfft, he's asking to get hit with a soccer ball if he keeps it up. The others on the team seem to be suspecting something too."

            "But it's true though isn't it? You're just being so... sorry for lack of a better word but tsundere about it. I mean… you like Taeyong don't you?" wonders Ten out loud.

            Doyoung falters in his steps as he sputters for a reply, "I-I, it's- er- I, well I don't hate him. As long as he's not making stupid faces! And you've been reading too much manga, what the hell, I'm not a tsundere!" Doyoung looks away in embarrassment, turning his attention back to the soccer ball cart they need to pull out for the NCT team practice. "Let's get this out quickly before the coach gets mad or something."

            Ten could only grin at his friend's quick change in subject. Doyoung definitely had something for Taeyong, there was not a doubt in his mind.

            With the equipment set up on the field and ready to go for the evening's practice, the two managers grab a soccer ball each from the bin and kicks it towards the members on the opposite side of them. Today's first drill is practicing dribbling across the field.

            Doyoung kicks the ball to Taeil who's first in his line and the latter easily dribbles the ball back to him before running back to the end of the line again. There's a nagging feeling in the back of Doyoung's mind as he feels a pair of specific eyes on him but he chooses to ignore it, every time they do this drill Taeyong is always in his line but he never lines up first, he's always the last one. After Doyoung tosses to Hansol, it's Taeyong's turn.

            "I'm ready for you Doyoung~" Taeyong is using a teasing tone and has that damn smirk on his face again.

            There's a sudden twitch of irritation that runs through Doyoung at the sight of such a smug look on Taeyong's face so without a second thought the soccer ball he held in his hands is instantly dropped and kicked, immediately aiming at the smirking captain's face as if it was a reflex.

            There's a moment of silence on the field, the only sound being the loud smack of the soccer ball hitting Taeyong in the face before bouncing on the ground and rolling back to near Doyoung's shoes. Doyoung picks it up with a small 'innocent' smile, "Oops, sorry, my leg slipped and my aim was... off."

            Taeyong groans in loud audible pain as he rubs his face from the hard impact of the soccer ball. When his hands drop from his face, the entire team sees that it's still lightly red where the ball made contact on the captain's forehead and nose area.

            Taeyong doesn’t hesitate to take quick steps closer to Doyoung, crossing the field with a few strides. He doesn't look mad but there's still a menacing look to the captain as he closes in on their team manager. Taeyong's hands automatically try to grab the soccer ball out of Doyoung's grip so he can't launch another one at his face when he's within a breath's distance of the younger. His tone shows obvious irritation with the situation but that only amuses Doyoung further more than anything else.

            Taeyong glares, "Why is it only me!? This is about the twentieth slip to my face already this week."

            "Bad timing," mumbles Doyoung avoiding eye contact with Taeyong as he struggles to keep hold of the soccer ball.

            Taeyong's eye twitches at Doyoung's response and Taeil pipes up that Taeyong is holding up the drill if he keeps arguing. Just as Taeyong was about to reply, the coach makes an announcement to start up the usual practice game with half the team on either side of the field.

            No one even blinks at the bickering duo anymore, it's so typical that the team would be weirded out if the two didn't argue.

            The practice drags on but everyone looks like they were enjoying what they were doing. Before any of them realize it the coach blows the whistle for them to clean up.

            It's typical, the usual groan and complaints about clean up but it nonetheless gets done quickly.

            The only thing left is for the managers to wash up the practice uniform jerseys so that they're ready for the team's match tomorrow (they added this to the managers' duties because the last time half the team brought along the damn wrong colored jersey they were supposed to wear and nearly got disqualified for it). The team had thankfully already placed them in the basket for the managers now all they would have to do is put them to washing machine.

            "Doyoung, I'm going to go grab the detergent from the supply room. I'll meet you at the washing machi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter