Chapter 2

Bloody Orange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yixing leaves work at 2 pm and he's contented to finally say bye to the old, rude and racist customer that has been bothering him since they opened. The old man had finished his sandwiches at like 9:15 am but he still was sitting there, getting a refill of his coffee every 2 hours. The Chinese was annoyed by it but he wasn't used to anything else. He bows politely anyway when he leaves because it's part of the job. The man murmurs something back at him (probably racist slurs) but he doesn't care as he leaves the bakery. The Chinese was fortunate enough that Minseok did not cut off any parts of his body this morning. Minseok yelled a little but soon got over it when he saw his employee's dark circles. No matter how much Minseok acted like a cold hearted sometimes, he still had a soft spot for Yixing.

He grabbed some lunch in form of triangle tuna kimbap on the way to university. He did not cook for himself because he didn't want to waste his free time and it was such a pain in the to cook for one person as well. The portions were always way too big and food would turn bad so soon that he just did not bother with it anymore. Also the older women at the food stands near his apartment would give him stuff for free because he visited them literally every day. 

The lecture ends early and Yixing is able to catch a bus earlier which means he's home in time to watch his favourite drama from the beginning. He thinks about cleaning first because he has been neglecting it for a long time but in comparison to his neighbour's apartment his was clean like a hospital and an airport combined, so Yixing forgets about it and throws himself on his couch with a bag of chips that he found in one of his cupboards. His couch is able to hold him without his touching the ground and the Chinese thinks about Baekhyun for a second. He wonders where the Korean went in the morning. Not that he would be brave enough to visit the other another time though. His TV is on the wall that seperates his and Baekhyun's living room and he would really like to know if the other was at home but since he's not in a place to wonder where his neighbour who he only met one time is, he just engulfs in his drama. 

 

There is this loud sound that sends an uncomfortable vibration through Yixing's body and it wakes him from his slumber. It's not his drama that is running on TV but some variety show and the light that makes it through his curtains has decreased as well. The Chinese knows he's ed because this messes up his whole sleeping schedule. 

"Yixing, are you coming over now or do I have to keep hitting my pans against each other?"

Baekhyun screams from the other side of his wall and Yixing switches off his TV with the remote before getting up slowly. This surely sounded like Baekhyun's voice and it also was such a Baekhyun thing to say (at least what he figured after meeting him once) but the Chinese was still unsure how to approach this situation. The Korean was practically still a stranger (a hot one, yes but still a stranger) and also a ing vampire. Yixing could not blame it on his missing sleep when he went over anyways. 

"Yixing" Baekhyun greets him excited like a puppy who hasn't seen his owner in weeks. The Chinese tries to not spare much mind to that as he enters the other's apartment a little nervous. 

Baekhyun is sipping at one of his boxes again as he sits down on the couch and looks at the place next to him to signal that Yixing should sit down as well. The Chinese is not as grossed out as he was yesterday but it still feels a little weird as he worries about all the dust and bacteria this thing must have. 

"I've been waiting for you to come over. I'm usually awake at 7 pm so just come over then"

The Chinese must have missed the information that this was a daily meet-up now. "Wake up at 7 pm?"

"I'm a vampire, sweetie" the Korean says and taps the other's nose with his index finger to make his point clear.  Yixing is a little startled by that but stays in his position. "Vampires are awake at night and sleep during the day" 

"Is that why you left so early this morning?"

"I needed to buy some groceries before the sun was up. Sorry for not telling you"

Baekhyun actually had nothing to justify himself for considering that he and Yixing just met yesterday but it still felt nice that the Korean cared about his feelings. 

"Minseok nearly whooped my but that's nothing I'm not used to" 

"Who's Minseok and why does he get access to your and I don't?" Baekhyun says with his lower lip in a pout before he lays his head on Yixing's shoulder nonchalantly. The Chinese tries to ignore it because it just seemed to be the other's style to be more touchy and flirty than the usual human...or vampire. Not that Yixing had encountered any other vampire, at least none of which he knows. 

"My boss but don't worry his has been caught up in this friends with benefits relationship in which both want more but are too stupid to accept it since like forever"

He doesn't know why he talks so fast and why he talks about his boss' life at all but something about the way Baekhyun grabbed his arm so casually made him nervous and flustered. 

"Good, you're all mine" the other says and snuggles into his shoulder even more. 

Yixing was not sure he wanted to be the possession of his neighbour slash vampire but Baekhyun was clinging on to him so cutely that he did not have the heart to say anything a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter