Chapter 1

Bloody Orange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 2am in the morning, Yixing was listed for the morning shift at the bakery and there was this loud noise coming from the other side of the wall. Don't get him wrong, the Chinese was a really understanding person, just not at 2am and not with this happening almost every night. The Chinese gave up on finding out what exactly created these weird noises and simply focused on destroying them. He wrote almost 15 letters to the house management but none of them worked. He wasn't even sure they read them. The idea of confronting his noisy neighbor also crossed his mind a few times but Yixing was just not the person to confront others. Especially in a foreign country in which others could easily end up making fun of him for his accent and not take his demands serious. 

With two pillows on both sides of his head he tries to block out the sounds and attempts to fall back asleep but it just didn't seem possible with all that noise. Maybe it was the adrenalin that was rushing through his veins or maybe it was just the lack of sleep from the past weeks but the Chinese decided it was finally time to bring this to an end. He stood up and grabbed the keys for his tiny apartment. Yixing did not take into consideration that probably no one would take him serious with his fluffy blue pajama pants that had sheep printed on them (which he got from his grandma like three years ago) but it was already too late to change when he was standing in front of the other's apartment. 

"Byun" Yixing read out loud as he looked at the bell and was unsure for a second if he really wanted to do this. Suddenly Minseok's angry face popped into his head which would definitely appear if he yawned again at work tomorrow. His chef seriously could be so scary and Yixing did not want to hear another lecture on how he was frightening customers with his mouth open like he would someone's . Minseok's words not his.

And then a second later his index finger was pressing against the doorbell. Even if he regretted it now, there was no way out. Maybe the other would not even open the door. Yixing went through 800 lines that he could say and not up his Korean. The door did not open for at least 20 seconds and the Chinese almost thought he was safe when it suddenly popped open to reveal a man in boxers and a white shirt on a straw that was inserted into an orange juice box. But the red liquid running through the straw definitely did not look like orange juice. As he followed the fluid he ended up looking at the other's lips which earned him a smirk in return. 

"Honey, will you tell me why you are here or are you just gonna stare at my lips?"

Yixing was stunned. Maybe because he needed time to process the Korean or maybe because he was just a little slow in understanding in general. He was his lips preoccupied in thought and the Korean was not ashamed to stare at his tongue sliding over his thicker lower lip. As the Chinese went through all his prepared lines once again, he started to scratch his neck. The Korean was already gone when he finally decided on one though. The apartment door was wide open and Yixing was just standing in front of it awkwardly.

"Sweetheart, come in. I rather much talk to you inside"

The Chinese was pretty sure that he should not follow a stranger inside his apartment but he already crossed one of his boundaries with even confronting the guy so why not just be reckless till the end. His neighbour could be a murder for all he knows nevertheless he stands inside the other's living room a few seconds later. Yixing tells himself that the reason surely isn't the other's incredibly rude, handsome face.

"Cute pyjama pants by the way" the other giggles and Yixing regrets not going for something more intimidating. Well, the other one shouldn't be the one judging with this mess of an apartment and the Chinese wasn't even someone who put much value on cleanliness as long as it was hygienic. These dishes looked 2 weeks old though and he was pretty sure the other hadn't vacuumed for like 3 months. Maybe even 3 years.

"What do I owe the pleasure of your visit, babe?" the Korean asks while he was nibbling on the straw of his juice box and looks up at the other intently from his ugly couch. Yixing was not sure what to think of those pet names the other gave him. It's been awhile since he has been called anything like that but the Korean threw them around so easily. The Korean patted the place next to him on the couch and Yixing almost wanted to pull a Minseok and disinfect the whole thing but decided against it as he felt the other's stare on him. He can feel the couch almost sink to the ground when he sits down and he wonders how such a handsome man could live like this. 

"I wasn't able to sleep well these past weeks" Yixing starts but is soon interrupted by his neighbour.

"Dreaming about how to confess to me?" the other says and wiggles with his eyebrows mischievously.

"Actually there are always these weird noises coming from your apartment at night and I have trouble falling asleep" Yixing explains while fumbling with his hands. He felt a little out of place with confronting others about their mistakes but he could a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter