"Wouldn't Miss it for the World" [Onew OS]

"Wouldn't Miss it for the World" [Onew OS]

"Young Mii, I promise I will be there tonight. I wouldn't miss your performance, ever. I love you. " Onew's voice seemed so happy, he was finishing up his schedule before coming to my annual Christmas performance at the dance school I attended.

I stood back stage nervously rubbing my arms fighting a chill. Ever since I got off the phone with Onew I had a lingering feelings, like there was a ghost in the room. People bussed behind me, I kept pacing back and forth waiting for him to come take this spot in the audience. I peaked out of the curtain a bit before returning to my seat, I had never been this nervous before.

~~

"Young-Mii! I like you, please go out with me!" A young Onew held out a rose to me, I couldn't help but smile.

"O-okay Jinki, I'll go out with you." I took the rose from his hands, and he suddenly pulled me into a tight hug.

It was snowing out and we held our hands walking to the ramen stall close to his house, he kept his eye on me as we approached the stall. At the time I had no idea he planned this all out, the mistletoe above our heads as we waited in line. I looked up and blushed lightly noticing Onew staring down at me with a smile.

He placed both hands on my face and pulled me into kiss hiss, my hands remained by my side. My first kiss was everything I'd imagined, with the guy I cared about the most.

~~

I heard my name being called from side stage, I stood up in my white goddess looking dress and began to head down stage. The music chimed in, I searched the crowd for Onew's smiling face but it was no where to be found. I began my ballet routine, the dress flowing effortlessly as I used all my emotions. My head filled with worries, possible senerios and problems. It showed, I tripped over my footing and landed on stage with a thud.

The crowd gasped, pain in my ankle throbbed; the stage hand rushed to assist me in standing up. The crowd still applauded my efforts as I limped off stage. Director came running with ice, his face was complexed and he had sweat on his brow.

~~

I hid behind the dressing room curtain as Onew tried to pull it away from my body. I had been trying on prom dresses for graduation, Onew wanted to see a tight gown and I couldn't say no. Placing a kiss on my cheek he moved the curtain revealing me in a red dress that looked like the one Jessica Rabbit would have worn. I blushed before he pulled me close to him, beginning to waltz with me around the store.

"Young-Mii, you're the most beautiful girl I have ever seen." Onew kissed my fore head before I pulled out of his grasp and raced into the change room again.

"I-I think the first one looked better." I managed to say.

"Does it matter? You look beautiful in anything."

I threw my runner at him playfully, "Prom is the second most important dress decision ever."

"What's the first?" He questioned.

"Wedding Dress."

~~

"Kyung Mii, Are you alright?" Director wrapped my ankle in a bandage.

I had already changed into my street clothes and nodded to respond to him. Onew still hadn't shown up, and I was irritated. He missed my last performance and He wouldn't answer his cell phone.

"I'm going to try to call Onew again before I hobble out of here myself" I bowed lightly picking up my phone and pressing the second speed dial.

Three rings before voice mail, I tried our apartment phone was well;

"You have reached Jinki and Young Mii! Please leave a message after the tone."

"Jinki? Are you home? I'm gonna head home, call me as soon as possible." I hung the phone up and put it in my sweater pocket.

The wind was cold against my cheeks, the winter was colder than usual this year. I pulled my hat further down to cover my ears as I limped down the street. I couldn't see the stars; the lights of the buildings in Seoul acted as distraction of the night sky.

I reached the front door and unlocked the dead bolt before closing the door behind me. I hadn't noticed my phone going off in my pocket until I pulled it out to check.

[23 Missed calls from Mom.]

I quickly called my mother and waited for her to pick up.

"Oh my goodness! Young Mii are you okay?!"He sounded frantic on the other side of the phone.

"Yeah I just sprained my ankle at the concert." I'm sure I sounded confused.

"Concert? Honey! You don't know? Onew has been in an accident!"

~~

I sat on the beach in Taiwan next to Onew, our hands intertwined as we sun bathed. I could hear gentle snores from the man beside me, it made it easier to relax on the sand. It was only ten minutes before we awoke and smiled at me, the sun began to lower in the sky.

"I love you Mii," Onew sat up before pulling himself to his feet, and sticking a hand out for me to grab.

"I love you too."

We walked along the beach hand in hand, the waves crashed gently at our feet. The fresh air had been so calming, the sound of the waves helping me drift to sleep every night next to my Onew.

"You know, we've been together since high school. A grand total of 11 years so far." Onew smiled at me lightly.

"I know, I'm glad we get along so great." I looked at my feet sinking into the sand.

"I wouldn't want to spend it with anyone else."

"Ya! You're making me sentimental." I lightly pushed his shoulder.

"Young Mii-" Onew stopped suddenly making me turn around to face him.

"These last 11 years have been the best of my life."

I could feel tears b in my eyes; "Don't you dare." I said covering my mouth.

"Gyul Kyoung-mii, will you give me the pleasure of spending the rest of my life with you?"

Onew was on one knee, holding a little white box with a simple diamond ring in it. I began to sob uncontrollably. This made Onew smile widely as I managed to nod.

~~

My heart shattered as I hung up the phone and dashed out of the house. The cold air wiped me in the face, tear stinging against the cold weather. I ran towards my mothers house, I ran the fastest I ever had in my life; ignoring the pain in my ankle for now.

Come to me Mii, I will take you to see him' my mothers last words before I had hung up on her. I plowed through the front door, my make up running down my face. My mother picked me up off the ground and loaded me into her car.

I hiccup so much I couldn't breathe between sobs, the drive seemed like forever. We whizzed passed the accident scene, yellow tape and officers blocked off the portion of the road. It seemed to go in slow motion; Onew's car was totaled and the other involved in the accident was barely recognizable. I cried even harder was we pulled into the hospital, I took one step out of the car and rushed into the hospital.

I barely stopped at the front desk, "Lee Jinki's condition please! What's happening!?"

"Are you family?" The man at the desk asked softly.

"I'm his fiancee." I said wiping my tears from my eyes.

"Critical condition, we had to bring him into surgery."

I slumped to the floor, and shook violently with tears. My mother helped me off the floor and into a chair, where she held me as I cried.

~~

I stood on the pedestal in front of my family. I was dressed in a white wedding gown, earning whistles from my father and clapping from my aunt. I couldn't help my heart from beating so fast, I was getting married to Jinki in a few months on Christmas Eve.

"You look so stunning, eonnie!" My younger sister smiled at me with a huge smile.

I twirled lightly in the gown, making tears come to my mothers eyes. I was growing up so fast in front of her eyes, it felt like just yesterday Jink had asked me to be his girl friend and now we were getting married. I felt small tears run down my cheek as I smiled.

"She's getting emotional!" My mother took picture with her cell phone before I covered my face.

~~

"Mrs.. Lee?" A doctor came out of the sliding doors, removing his gloves and mask.

I could feel my heart race as I nodded lightly standing up to meet him half way.

"We did all we could have. Please come say your last good byes."

I quietly followed the doctor to a surgery room, where staff was gathered around Jinki's body, he was still partially conscious.

"Young..Mii." He said lightly whispering.

"Jinki.." I placed my hand on his face, which hand scratched and dried blood on it.

The tears began to escape my eyes. He smiled gently at me, standing next to the bed.

"I'm... Sorry I missed your performance." His eyes seemed to get distanced.

"It's okay honey, just know that I love you." I kissed him lightly on the lips.

"I.. Love.." His eyes closed, all life had escaped his pale face.

The doctor pulled me away from Jinki, marking time of death. I collapsed to the ground, the pain in my ankle returning to my consciousness. The staff helped me into a wheel chair and rolled me into emergency, I had lost my love.

--

I sat in my wedding dress, not caring about the snow soaking into the fabric. It was Christmas Eve, and I was visiting him again. I brought our wedding rings and his bow tie to his tombstone today.

"I love you Jinki."

I never danced or loved again after that night.