For Super Junior

For Super Junior

'Teukie hyung.'

'Lets go in first.'

'Hyung..I..'

'Not now Hyukjae ah. My head is already messed up so for now just...just please get inside and wait for the others. I'm asking you this so...please.'

 

Eunhyuk said nothing as he stared at their leader sadly. He found his mouth opening again but no words came out of it. His heart was clenching and it was a feeling he had never been fond of. It reminded him of the past. The past that he had long since forgotten about and he hated it. A lot. He knew Leeteuk was feeling the same way as he did. Probably worst. But there was nothing he could do or say at the moment that could make the older man feel better. He understood that much so he finally just nodded and reached for the knob to his right. Tonight was going to be a hell of a long night and he wasn't sure when he would see the end of it.

 

----

 

'Right so, is everybody here?'

 

The manager hyung asked as he looked around. They were all scattered everywhere across the room. Some were sitting on the couch in the middle of the room, some were spread across the large meeting table to the left while others just stood with their backs leaning against the wall. The room was a complete silent. Which was a rare occurrence for a group known for their loudness. Seeing that all them were already present the manager hyung nodded. He then peeked to his right and looked at the man sitting on a chair next to him. His head was bowed to his knee and he was looking at the floor. He gave out a small sigh.

 

 

'Right so where do I even begin...' The manager hyung crossed his arms together. His face scrunching at the mere thought of having to handle the situation in front of him. He sighed for how many times that day.

'Look, I'm not gonna yell at you guys.' He began. 'You've had enough of yelling and cursing from the president this morning and I'm not gonna be ty and do another round of shouting tonight.' He paced around the room and continued.

'You guys are all grown ups. You're not the kids you were 11 years ago. You're old enough to think for yourselves and what's best for the group so I'm giving you the opportunity to do this now. I'm not gonna give you my decision about it. Sure, the company is going to put some actions into it but at the end of the day this is about you guys and the future of this group. Your thoughts and decisions will be put into account and not be taken for granted. So it's best if you discuss this amongst yourselves.' He stopped his pacing and stared at each and every one of them. He could see the anger, sadness and mostly disappointments in their eyes, confusion even.

'People messed up but how many times can you mess up, that..is the question.' It was the harsh truth but he felt like he had to say it somehow.

'It's not just messed up here but it's also messed up out there. I don't think I have to remind you how the public's reactions are to this and how this effects the company and you guys in general. I'm sure you know fully well yourselves from all the you've been receiving since yesterday.' He walked towards the man sitting on the chair that was next to him previously.

'And you, Kangin.' He touched his shoulders as he said this. 'You need to get your together if you ever plan on staying in this industry for many years to come because this time around even the president himself can't help you. Just...what were you thinking?' He looked at the younger man with disappointing eyes and sighed.

'Alright so I'll just...I'll just leave it to you guys then.' He rubbed the back of his head and walked towards the door.

'Do what you think is right even if it's not the best for you.' Those were his last words before leaving the room.

 

----

 

'Are you guys...planning on kicking me out of the group...?' Kangin asked fearfully. His hands were trembling as he looked at the members in front of him.

'..Leeteuk hyung...?' He looked at Leeteuk with pleading eyes. The older man said nothing in reply.

'I...I don't know how I'll ever make it up to you guys... I can only say that I'm sorry over and over again and I know that saying sorry will not make things better but...but if you kick me out of the group...how...how..I...what..what will I have left to live for...?' Kangin uttered as his tears betrayed him and flooded. '..Super Junior is all I have that..that defines me...I....'

 

'Well maybe you should have think about that before you did what you did.' Heechul snapped and looked at Kangin. His eyes red with anger.

 

'Heechul hyung calm down.' Siwon tried to calm Heechul's obvious anger. 'Lets discuss this in a calm and civilize manner. Okay hyung?'

 

'Calm? Civilize?' Heechul snorted. 'How can I be ing calm and civilize in this ed up situation?!'

'What do you have to say for yourself?! Huh?! Kangin?!! What the were you thinking??!!' Heechul almost kicked the chair Kangin was sitting on but was immediately stopped by Siwon.

'Let go of me SIWON!! I NEED TO GET THIS GUY'S HEAD STRAIGHT!! I GUESS THAT BEATING I GAVE HIM YEARS AGO WASN'T ENOUGH SO I NEED TO BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF HIM AGAIN!' '

 

Heechul hyung fighting won't solve anything! It will only make things worse!' Siwon held Heechul and locked his arms.

 

'Hyung..I'm really sorry.. I really am hyung..' Kangin stood up and said. 'It was an accident and...and I know I've screwed up real bad...I...I'm really sorry about it. You don't know how sorry I am. I won't be able to forgive myself. Ever....'

 

'Why did you have to go and get yourself drunk?!!' Heechul ignored Kangin's words and said. 'And worse, why did you even get into your car knowing that you were completely drunk??!! Why didn't you call us or anybody to take you home?!! TWICE KANGIN YOU DID THE SAME THING TWICE ALREADY!!!!' Heechul was losing his mine and all he could see was red. He was beyond angry he was furious. He just couldn't understand why Kangin would do what he did. And twice to that. He never will.

 

'Heechul hyung please calm down.' Again, Siwon was the only person trying to make the situation better. The other members just stood there without saying anything. It was not like they couldn't. It was more like they agreed with everything Heechul had said.

 

'Don't you remember what happened to me and Kyuhyun?!' Heechul was not done yet as he continued his words. 'You knew how badly injured I was and Kyuhyun! Kyuhyun almost died because of an accident. AN ACCIDENT. He almost died KANGIN!!! YOU KNEW THAT!! So how could you do something as immature as this THAT COULD COST SOMEONE'S LIFE??!!!'

 

Kangin immediately went speechless at Heechul's words. He felt utterly defeated. He had nothing to say to all of that. It was all true and he was ashamed.

 

'Kangin...' Leeteuk called out to the younger man. 'I know you're sorry but we have to listen to what the members have to say about this.' He told him before looking at the rest of the Super Junior members.

'Since we've all heard what Heechul had to say lets hear from the rest of us. Yesung, if you may start please.' Leeteuk looked at Yesung with urging eyes.

 

Yesung was quiet at first. It took him a while but he finally opened his mouth and let out a long sigh. 'If you ask me, of course it would be nice for all of us to stick together no matter what. That's has always been our goal. To last long together as a whole.' Yesung leaned back against the couch he was sitting on before continuing.

'However..right now...right now...' He looked over at Kangin and closed his eyes. 'Right now I'm just so pissed off I just can't think straight...so if you ask me..I...I just don't know anymore...everything pretty much right now...' Yesung sighed again.

'...I..might say things I might regret later so I'm gonna keep this short. I'm sorry.'

 

Kangin was looking at the floor again. His whole body was trembling and he could feel his eyes getting wet. He had never seen Yesung so angry before, they were always that same aged friends that could always rely on each other and has each other's back but now that wasn't the case. It...was terrifying.

 

'I have something to say.' Eunhyuk suddenly blurted out. Everyone across the room looked at him.

'Kangin hyung, you've always been that hyung I've always respected and looked up too.' Eunhyuk was already crying as he uttered this.

'You know what hyung Donghae, Siwon and I...we..we came here from our break to spend time with you guys. We thought..that we could go out and eat together...We were...so excited... but then we found ourselves greeted by something like this...hyung..do you know that feels like...?' Eunhyuk wiped the tears on his face.

'I'm not angry at you hyung but I just can't help but wonder why...why you would do this to yourself...why would you tarnish your reputation...why would you disrupt your future and career...why hyung...just...why...?' Eunhyuk stood up and started pacing around the room to calm himself down.

'...I've become afraid hyung...that you might be forced to leave us...I'm.. I'm terrified hyung...' Eunhyuk said as tears rolled down his cheeks. 'What would happen to Super Junior then?'

 

----

 

The hours passed by and the situation got worse and worse. None of them was calm. Tension was building up every second. It was probably the greatest disaster that Super Junior had to face after a long time of having nothing standing in their way so forcefully. They were losing their minds and hurtful words left their mouths faster than lightning, without them having power to control it. Anger was definitely in control of everything.

It wasn't like they wanted for Kangin to leave the group because of what he did. It was more of that disappointing feeling they feel inside their hearts. That anger and confusion that made their head felt like exploding. Years ago, Kangin had promised that he would change his ways. He had promised that he would cause no further harm to the group and yet here they were, facing something that was exactly like deja vu. Back then, it was hard for them to defend Kangin. They were rookies they had no power or control over their lives as idols. Everything was in the hands of the company and obey was always compulsory. And yet, they did everything they could, despite the resentments they felt to protect Kangin and making sure that he wasn't leaving the group. They didn't want to lose another member.

And so Kangin was send to the army and went on a long hiatus. Soon, the public forgave him and he was back with them and everything was well.

However, now, things have changed. Sure, now they would have the power to control their decisions and lives since they're practically veterans and hallyu kings at that. They could prevent Kangin from leaving in a heartbeat without having to go through so much trouble. But why did it felt like impossible even with the fact that they were no longer rookies?

The answer was simple. It was because this time around it wasn't the first time Kangin had screwed up. It was his second DUI case and this involves the law. As much as powerful SM is even they couldn't get their way with the law when it is already twice of the same case. The authority won't give them that privileged the second time around. Plus, this matter also involves the public. The public had given Kangin a chance to repent the first time around believing he would change his ways. He was allowed to stand on stage again, appears on TV and so much more. Now that this has happened again it was merely impossible for the public to do the same thing when Kangin has betrayed their trust. How would TV shows, directors and producers hire him now? How would fans see him now? How can he continue his career when no one would hire him for anything? Will people still support Super Junior if he stayed? Will Super Junior be Super Junior if he leaves? Everything was just messed up. For him and for the group.

 

----

 

'Ryeowook, you haven't said a word.' Leeteuk called out to the younger man who was standing at the farthest corner of the room, away from everyone.

This was typical for him. Ryeowook was never one to engage with conflicts within the group. He would usually shone away from centre and remain as merely an observer. He would not say anything unless asked but even so he would just say some short necessary words. Leeteuk knew this but still he felt that it was important for everyone in the group to state their opinions regarding the matter before any decision was made.

'Ryeowook ah.' Leeteuk called out again. He was worried because ever since the confrontation started the smaller man had been unresponsive to anyone.

'Ryeowook. You look like you has something to say. Lets hear it now. Everyone has to say something at least. We are a group after all.' Leeteuk went towards Ryeowook and patted his shoulder slighty.

'Ryeong ah.'

 

'Hyung maybe it's best if we leave Ryeowook alone for now.' Kyuhyun spoke up from beside Donghae. He knew his best friend very well and he knew that Ryeowook was currently emotionally unstable even thou he showed nothing on his face. '

 

'Hyung I...' Ryeowook suddenly blurted out as he looked at Kangin. They all immediately turned their heads towards him.

'I do have something to say.' Ryeowook said letting go of Leeteuk's grip on him. He then walked towards Kangin and stopped just in front of him.

'Hyung..Kangin hyung...' Ryeowook began. The expression on his face unreadable.

'Look at me hyung.' He demanded. 'Kangin hyung look at me.'

Kangin lifted his head slowly and looked at the younger man.

'Hyung we...we've been through a lot together.' Ryeowook continued afterwards.

'Every time that I look back onto our days together I regret nothing because being with you guys was the best thing that has ever happened in my life. At first I thought that our relationship were only bound by a piece of paper legally. But when we go out to eat together and have deep conversations with one another that was when I thought ah we're really are like brothers. When I realize that I was just so happy hyung. There were many things that hurt us but we stayed together because we are brothers. We were gonna stay together forever. Super Junior will always last together no matter what that's what we've promised and I don't have to worry about losing any one of you guys.' Ryeowook took a deep breath and placed his right hand on his chest.

'Hyung...' He called out slowly.

'..Kangin hyung...' His voice were almost like pleading.

'..hyung look at me...Kangin hyung...'

'..hyung I...I'm leaving hyung..' Ryeowook hit his chest as he said this. His voice breaking.

'I'm leaving hyung.' He hit his chest again. Harder. Tears were starting to fall from his eyes and he was shaking.

'Hyung I'm leaving.' He kept repeating those lines and hitting his chest harder and harder.

'Ryeonggu.' Kyuhyun tried to stopped the smaller man.

'Kangin hyung I'm leaving! I'm leaving hyung!!' Ryeowook was practically crying at this point. The rest of the members went speechless, too overwhelmed. They had never seen Ryeowook break down before. It was a first and they didn't know what to do about it.

'I'm leaving Kangin hyung!!' Ryeowook reached forward and grabbed the front of Kangin's shirt.

'How could you..' Ryeowook tried to say in between sobs. His hands were shaking so bad and he was having a hard time keeping his breath together.

'How could you...how could you let me leave with such a heavy heart...?' Ryeowook cried out with so much agony. His voice breaking.

'How..how could you hyung?'

'How you let me leave this way??'

'How could you hyung...'

 

'Ryeowook ah I...I'm just...I'm just so sorry...hyung is so sorry Ryeowook ah...' Kangin reached out and hugged Ryeowook. His voice was breaking as well. He had never intended to hurt Ryeowook like this or any of s.

 

'What have I done?'

 

----

'Will he ever perform on stage with us hyung?' Kyuhyun asked Leeteuk as they walked out of SM building together.

'Honestly, Kyuhyun I..don't know. I'm doing the best I can for this group.' Leeteuk answered with a huge sigh feeling his head heating up. He was tired.

Kyuhyun looked at the older man with sad eyes. He understood well that Leeteuk was breaking on the inside. But he kept it together for their sake. And he probably kept it together for Kangin's sake as well.There were just so much going on for them right now and every time, the older man had to be the one who has to answer the company, to the press and to the media, he has to be the one responsible for everything they do it was...taking a toll on him. Kyuhyun knew that despite Heechul's show of anger, it was Leeteuk that was the most upset and angry among all of them. He was the closest to Kangin after all.

'Ryeowook's been asked by the company to postponed his military enlistment.' Kyuhyun told the older man who just nodded.

'That was the only solution they could think of to ease the public and the fans' worries.' Kyuhyun continued.

'I've tried talking with Ryeowook. I think he's fine with this even though I can sense disappointment in him about it but he's not a selfish person that Ryeowook. He will do it if that's what best for the group. It's his parents that was hard to convince. They were quite upset that their son had to tarnish his reputation just to save the group some face. They were pretty mad at Kangin hyung.' Kyuhyun sighed and looked at the sky.

'Hyung....' Kyuhyun called out.

'What do you think will happen now?' He asked in a somewhat desperate manner.

'Anything can happen Kyu.' Leeteuk told the younger man. Hands inside his pocket due to the cold breeze of the air.

'I wish I can give you and myself a definite answer but I can't. We will never know what would happen in the future.' Leeteuk looked at Kyuhyun.

'But I can promise you one thing Kyu, that no matter what I will do my very best to protect Super Junior.'

'I will do my best too hyung.' Kyuhyun promised and smiled.


'We both will.'


Leeteuk smiled back.

 

 

'For Super Junior.'

 

 

 

 

-----
Okay lets be honest I wasn't thinking straight when I wrote this. It was kind of random after reading all the news and stuffs. There were so many jumbled thoughts in my mind. But I tried to write it in the way of what the members' might think according to their personality. But I could be wrong this is just a fanfic anyways. But I do believe that something is happening among them with all the news about Super Camps cancelation, Leeteuk's unfollowing Kangin on insta and Ryeowook's postponing his military enlistment. I have to be honest I'm disappointed with Kangin and I hope that he will face whatever there is that needs to be face regarding his actions but I don't wish for him to leave the group. I do believe that despite his foolish actions it was unintentional. Maybe he thought he could drive well even though he was drunk which was immature of him cuz he had that DUI before. We will never know but I don't think that he is a bad person because of it. But if that is what's best for the group then I will support their decision I have to be honest here it will be pretty hard for Kangin to show his face in a long time. He might even be on a long hiatus like Kibum. I want what is best for Super Junior so that they can stay in the spotlight for a very long time. So yeah, everything is complicated for my thoughts so imagine how it must be for the Super Junior members. It must be really tough and painful for them. Lets just pray for the best okay guys.

-Haruhi